Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Another Oath Veil would be nice, but I only have 12 mythril and I can't really justify pulling on this. Especially since I already have SG and Shout (and Excalibur V).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Get some of the RMs that make your attack command a magic attack! Maria, Vivi, Selphie, and Ovelia have em.

Important to note: Selphie's RM, Flower of Trabia (turns attack into a holy magic attack) works off the MND stat, not MAG. So it's not a good idea if you're using a low MND mage like Kefka or Edea, but it's great for giving a White Mage character something to contribute in auto-battling trash mobs.

So I decided to boost up some characters I'd pulled relics for today on Sundaily, and now that there's the awesome feature to sort equipment by unmastered SBs, I've been going down the list. Turns out I've had an SB for Amarant for months and never realized it! Dragon's Claw apparently has an SB attached to it and I had no idea. I mean, not that I ever would've used it anyway (it's bad because it conflicts with Shout I assume) but it's nice to know.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Dealing 70k damage with Finishing Touch sure was useful on the final form of the U+ since everyone had run out of hones on their abilities. :v:

I'll do the U++ tomorrow. I have a lot of good mages, just hardly any in FFVII (only Yuffie and Cait Sith). I won't be going for CM so hopefully that'll help make it easier.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Whew, mastered Diamond Weapon, but no CM. Team was Krile, Rinoa, Yuffie, Selphie, and Cait SIth. One medal lost for actions taken, two lost for damage.

I have lots of physical synergy gear for VII, but almost nothing magic, just Yuffie's Pinwheel, Cait's Green Megaphone, and a Striking Staff. This meant Krile had to equip non-synergy gear. The other problem was that Cait and Krile are both summoners, and my summon hones are low. Cait got 3 casts of Alexander and 3 of Leviathan and that was it. Krile had 3 of Phoenix and 4 of Ixion, but even under Sheepsong, Ixion was doing only about 4k damage per cast until Diamond Weapon closed the core. Rinoa had the Striking Staff and fared better, using Chain Blizzaga, then switching to Firaja when the core was closed. It did less damage, but built up the SB gauge faster.

Yuffie just constantly cast Swift Bolt/Fire Veil (8 uses of each) and then went nuts with Bloodfest at the end...for very little damage (only about 4800). She put in a lot of work in the fight though, definitely the second most of the team, as when the core was closed she was doing around 7500 damage per ninja spell, exceeded only by Rinoa (9999 for every Firaja, 9k per BSB and burst commands).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

several other people double cut/TF/materia. Which is a waste in its own right, but I guess you can expose he core a little faster.

Multi-hit attacks only count as one hit towards the core being exposed, actually. Doctor Mog even says this specifically in the hints, and I went through it myself when Yuffie's 8 hit Bloodfest only brought the count down by 1.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Did somebody say the Eiko event starts soon? Crap. The Lucky Draw starts tomorrow night, and I'm only at 15 mythril. That means that if I do the Lucky Draw, I won't be able to do an 11 pull on Eiko 1...this is a bad situation.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

How's your healer situation? If you already have a really good healer SB, Eiko 1 isn't as high a priority.

I have three Magic Blink healing SBs (Rosa's, Selphie's and Ovelia's). I also have Penelo's War Dance, but that conflicts with Shout and isn't as good as Magic Blink.

I just need IX synergy really badly. But I also need XIII synergy really badly. It's just annoying. I'm almost certainly going to do the Lucky Draw though, even if it's a bust it was only half price.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

lol what the gently caress that's all of them. How'd that even happen?

I just got really lucky I guess! I pulled Selphie's ages ago during the first FFVIII event I was around for, I don't remember the theme but I remember I couldn't beat the +++ battle because it was Elvrae and I couldn't survive the full party wind attack. Rosa's bow was from the IV event with the really awful Cagnazzo Ultimate I believe, and Ovelia's was from one of the Triple Burst Blast banners.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Time to get 7 mythril so I can do my Lucky Draw.

I know that the music for dungeon/party selection in realms tends to be world map music, but I can't help but wish that they had used this for Tactics.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I feel lucky.

...ooooh...not that lucky I guess. I already had a Starseeker, so I guess that'll just get turned into a 6* since I can't imagine needing two bows for XIII content. And well, I have something for Mustadio now. Not the one I wanted, but a high chance of slow is something nice to have? I really didn't need any more Tactics synergy though. I was hoping for III and XIII stuff.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

NaanViolence posted:

I got Mustard's gun

The relic I whaled so hard for on the Tactics banner last time and still didn't get it. Now I feel even worse knowing it was on this banner and I didn't get it again.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

And we're almost certain to get a FFXV event in late November/early December, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't an excellent banner. So again, might be worth saving up mythril.

On a side note, I wonder what FF games they could use for content in the future?

XV might become a Realm dungeon at some point. The only other FF game I think they could possibly make a Realm out of would be Crystal Chronicles, and I'd be surprised if they didn't do an event based on that at some point. Mystic Quest would be nice but I don't think it'll happen. Tactics Advance/A2 would probably just use FFT synergy, like how XIII-2/3 and X-2 used XIII and X synergy. This also means they probably won't do Realm dungeons based on those.

I guess they could also do Dimensions, and they'll probably do Type-0 at some point too, and that's really it I think if they wanted to add more Realms, unless they did something crazy like Chocobo's Dungeon. They could do a Brave Exvius event I guess, but I figure if they were going to do that they would have by now. And for crossover events, they could always do the Chrono games or Bravely Default, which would be neat.

Or hey, maybe we'll get events based on Spirits Within, Unlimited and Legend of the Crystals. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

The real question is will they decide to give us Marche/Montblanc before or after they start scraping the FFT named-character barrel with, say, Rafa and Malak?

I'd be okay with that if they gave us more non-human characters, like Reis' Holy Dragon form, or Worker 8.

IcePhoenix posted:

The REAL real question is when they will fix the glitch of Cloud not having FFT Synergy

Aerith too!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

Isn't one of those just FF5 after Exdeath's been beaten?

Legend of the Crystals takes place in FFV's world like a hundred years after the events of the game, yeah. But I mean they already did an event based on Advent Children so it's not like there isn't precedent for it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

See, I'm not a superstitious man but I can't being myself to do that if only because I'll see that perfect, once in a lifetime pull out of it and realize I'll never see it again/for real.

I just did a simulated pull and ended up with Lightbringer, Excalibur, Hamelin, Trident and Wizard Rod. The fact that I will never see this pull for real depresses me.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Well guess I'll get my 3* trash from the dollar pull.

Hmm...that's not 3* trash...that's not 3* trash at all.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I thought that three R2 Diagas would be fine for the Guardian fight. NOPE. That's nowhere near enough casts to get through that HP when a level 80 Selphie with 546 Mind only does about 2500-3000 damage per cast.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I honed Saint's Cross to R3 today. So that's pretty nice. Really hurting on holy orbs now, though. And dark orbs. Can we just have Fridaily every day for a while?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I got nothing on the dollar pull on this banner, and being that I have no mythril at the moment and there's much better banners coming up, I can't justify spending on this one, especially when there's so little II content. I'm real jealous of the guy who pulled both Sun Blade and Rune Axe.

Oh yeah, and finally got 50 mythril for a big pull on Eiko 1!

Well I didn't get the big prize, but I did get two good synergy weapons for IX content, and that's pretty nice. No complaints here, could've been a lot worse!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I had unbelievable luck and got 3150 greens in a single stage of Sundaily today.

Man, if only there was a double greens event.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Welp, lesson learned. Don't use Selphie's BSB on phase two of Nightmare Evrae Altana. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Reraise Nightmare beaten, but not mastered, because it's a loving dumb fight. Sorry that I don't have infinite loving casts of Esuna since it can apparently poison itself at will in the last fight. Oh you just cured poison from it and now your Esuna caster is at 0 ATB? TIME TO REPOISON MYSELF. Yeah, I guess you're supposed to bring two Esuna casters but gently caress that, I barely had enough hones to beat the thing as it was.

SageAcrin posted:

"Huh, I was planning on doing that, why not?"

*Looks over Soul Break again.* "I don't see an..y... 100% Inst... oh. oh."

I'm so sorry.

Yeah I didn't think of that either. Nothing else seems to be that great as far as holy bursts on top of that. Cecil's is hampered by the fact that everyone's going to be in the back row, plus the lenses seem to have pretty high defense, and Hope's BSB does pathetic damage. The first burst command is really good but using it on Evrae Altana results in a counter Tail Screw so that's unpleasant. Probably the best RW to bring would be MG VIII or Sheepsong (even though it won't increase Diaga's damage). Basically just something to put haste on the party.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Was going to use my MCIII from this event on Tyro, but then I noticed Ramza's sitting there, and I have to make my boy Ramza the strongest he can be.

Sadly it seems his RM3 really sucks.

But yeah, speaking of Ramza, his Unsung Hero burst was great for the U++ this event, I grabbed a Shout RW so he could make full use of it. Cait Sith did Multi Breakdown dances and some Alexander summons, Agrias used a couple of Aegis Strikes and then Saint's Cross, and Rinoa tried to keep up with Meteor and her BSB but didn't do great damage, not having any magic synergy at all for II really hurt her.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I wasn't going to pull at first, but it's a Lucky Draw and gently caress it, Always Be Pulling. Plus seeing people get sweet gear like Fran's Killer Bow tempted me.

Ehhhhh...well...it's IX synergy, which I desperately need...so...

That mote dungeon sucked, I used an all mage team and started out with Maria's Song for an RW, but even with Shellga up and them magic broken I was getting slaughtered by their spells. Next attempt took a SG RW and although it was long and painful, I came out on top, with only two medals lost for damage.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My Ramza is now maxed out on Record Spheres. 217 attack, without any equipment. Plus a bonus 3% damage with sword/katana attacks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Finally, finally, after trying all day, I beat the stupid cannon in the White Mage Nightmare. I did need to use a mythril to continue so I could get two extra ability uses, since R3 Diagas just weren't enough.

I used a Selphie RW and Tyro/Arc were geared for magic so they could cast summons. I mostly ignored the hot potato game in favor of pure damage, because when I tried hot potato I'd always screw up somehow.

What really irritates me though is that since Moonstone KO'd the launcher, I didn't get credit for removing a launcher's regen, meaning I didn't master the fight. Oh well, gently caress it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh well, nothing good for me on the dollar pull. My XII synergy is fantastic what with the Golden Axe, Defender, Kogarasumaru, Judicer's Staff, 8* fully augmented Aldebaran, 7* Diamond Sword, 7* Platinum Dagger, 7* Sledgehammer and 7* Empyrean Rod. Oh, and three Survival Vests and a Chanter's Djellaba. Don't think I need to spend mythril on this banner.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Arcon posted:

Ready to never pull again

I have that Phoenix Plunder thrown relic of Lockes, so this isnt even a 'well, maybe in a pinch' stat-stick

THE POWER OF GUARANTEED 5*

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Oh nice 3 shinies I wonder what they'll b -

So is this thing any good? Do I combine 2 and have a spare around for synergy, or just combine all of them? I don't really run any gun-users ever.

Still bummed about missing Vaan's BSB twice, but oh well I guess.

Gun users are pretty uncommon so this is one of the few weapons that you should immediately combine and reforge to 8* imo. Even if you wanted to keep a second one for CMs, the only other gun user in XII is Vaan and that requires a lot of Record Spheres for him to get gun access.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Vaan is one of those lucky people who can get 5 hits with Thief's Revenge (albeit only after he's broken his third level cap)

I thought everyone that can equip it can get 5 hits with Thief's Revenge at level 80 except Tyro and Vaan.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I breezed through the U and U+ fights with my A team with no problems, even got Champion on Mateus despite stupidly forgetting to bring Banishing Strike to dispel his reflect.

This U++ though, what the gently caress. I have R3 Saint's Cross and even with Shout up I've barely taken off half his health before I run out of uses. That's not mentioning that even under Power Breakdown and Protect he was able to deal over 5k to Ramza which was a one hit KO. And then his attacks having no delay after that, it's ridiculous. It seems like his worst attacks even ignore DEF/RES so it's not like bringing Wall is the solution either (I RW'd Minwu's instant heal). I may rearrange some of my equipment and retry but I'm at kind of a loss as to how to handle this.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

wall saves a big chunk of damage. he only has one def ignoring attack. the rest are big attacks that will be mitigated

I thought it was two (one physical, one magic) but I guess it was just Piercing Darkra.

Regardless...

RW was SS2. Agrias got knocked out but she was under eternal Stop before then, so it wasn't a huge loss, especially since she'd run out of Saint's Cross at that point (though I wish I could've used Cleansing Strike). Basch had Ruin Impediment which I had forgotten provides physical Blink, so that was extremely helpful, and Selphie of course had Dreamstage for magic Blink, which came in handy as well. It was still a pretty unpleasant fight.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ugh I want to 11 pull on banners 1 and 4 solely for Lightbringer and Excalibur IV, but I only have 49 mythril...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

After looking at the special banners again, I think I'm going to do maybe two pulls.

Banner 1 I'll skip, Lightbringer is very tempting but I already have 3 of the best items on there, and I have solid synergy for all the realms represented. Banner 2 probably gets a pull, Razzmatazz would be nice to get, as would Keeper's Tome and Crystal Glove, plus a shot at more IX synergy is good. Banner 3 is a skip, I already have Sheepsong and Fairy Flute which are probably the best items on there, and much like banner 1 I have great synergy for everything except IX, but Vivi's staff isn't worth it. Banner 4 definitely gets a pull, the shot for Excalibur is the big draw, but more than that, 4 has two chances for IX synergy including the Golden Hairpin, and XIV synergy would be nice too.

I guess the question is can I get another 50 mythril before the 14th. 16 from login bonuses for sure, 2 from the exchange, and 20 from 2 events is 38. Do we get a Dungeon Update in the next couple of weeks?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Agrias, Lightning, Celes, Selphie and Faris tore up this event, the 140 difficulty one wasn't anywhere near a U difficulty fight.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Orfeo posted:

We're... what, 3 weeks away from the FF3/Onion Knight event? I'm closing back in on 150 mythril and it's starting to get real heavy.

Wait, really? I didn't realize it was that close. poo poo, I guess I'll skip pulling on the Colosseum's banner 2 then (unless I pull Tidus' OSB on the dollar pull, lol yeah right), if I pull on 2 and 4 I definitely won't be able to scrounge up another 50 for a pull on Onion Knight.

KnoxZone posted:

As expected, the second wave of triple broken characters arrives tomorrow. This group is all the primary female characters in games (for games like VI and XIII it becomes secondary females).

Maria is about to become even stronger :woop:

Agrias, you're the next choice to become level 99! Nah, it'll probably be Selphie since she's my main healer.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I've had Wall for a long time but barely ever use it, mostly because I also have Shout and Ramza is a much more useful character than Tyro is. So Ramza takes the A-team spot and I just RW Wall, the only real exception is Nightmare dungeons since Tyro gets synergy in all of them, so might as well use his Wall and RW something else.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Forgot to lower Ba'Gamnan's attack on the final round, still mastered it anyway. :v:

I'm still a little sore about skipping my 11 pull on this banner, but I need to save the mythril for Onion Knight.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

superloosegoose posted:

nevermind just got hope's bsb on a single yank.

McDragon posted:

100 gems got me Ninurta.

what up fellow got Hope's BSB on a dollar pull goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

rip my chances for Wutai Headband

Bleh. Not great. I already had a Sorceress Crown. Actually, I'm definitely leaving it uncombined, because whenever I try to build a mage team I'm always annoyed by my lack of good magic headgear, so keeping a second Crown around will be extremely useful.

• Locked thread