Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Okay, someone help me out with math. I have 104 mythril at the moment.

If I can ever get some goddamn chips, I have 6 mythril left on the roulette wheel.

10 from XIV, 10 from the following event. Two from the gyashl exchange (maybe 3?). 15 from the last 3 orbfest phases. Plus login bonuses.

Are we getting any gift mythril on New Year's?

Here's the only reason I'm asking: I kind of want to do a pull on the half price banner before it goes away tomorrow. But, I don't want to screw myself out of being able to pull on banner 3 and being able to do 2 pulls on XIV 1. Can I get enough mythril to do three full price pulls and a half price before the XIV event is over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

KnoxZone posted:

25 for New Years and 9 more (10 if you haven't started it yet) from the Four Crystals event. Should be plenty.

Well then, if that's the case...

Well...that's not really great! I already had the first two, and I can't imagine using Sarah much. Though I guess mage-type synergy isn't too bad for FFI content, and this actually gives a sort of mini-Shout when combined with Echo's Hastening Gift.

Still, not the best pull I could've gotten, but hey, 6* Iga Blade and Fire Lash I guess!

e: Actually while the Iga Blade will definitely get combined, I think I'll keep the Fire Lashes separate. While not a lot of characters I have can use whips, I have enough of them with SSBs that having a second around could be pretty handy, especially since Faris can equip them too.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 27, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

Did the math and I need 22 more Gold Knight waves to max out the roulette wheel. I feel a little better about that now since we still have a week left in the event.

I decided to check and see how many I need. At 2600 chips per wave, I need 24 more waves to get everything, assuming I did the math right (multiplied items remaining by 100, then divided by 2600). I'm still pretty nervous about being able to get the chips I need, especially considering that I haven't seen any gold knights today.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

My 11-pull gave me Maria's bow and Ovelia's staff. Hell yeah.

My 11 pull also gave me Maria's bow and Ovelia's staff...of course, I already had the staff, so that goes to 6*.

Really wanted Excalibur but I'll just have to try and be happy with the bow.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Farg posted:

apparently we aren't getting the 10 new years mythril so i better stop doing orbfest and start mopping up dungeons

gently caress. Someone said we were getting 25 mythril on New Year's so I did that Lucky Banner pull! Now I'm not going to have enough mythril for two pulls on this. :negative:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh okay, good to know I don't have to be upset then. Whew.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

1/11, Curtana.

This thing is good right? I was hoping for Alphinaud stuff.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Dollar pulled Lulu's moogle.

I can't imagine I'll get much use out of this, maybe CMs.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My encounter rate with the gold knights shot up considerably after I got all the prizes. Now I can't get away from them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Second pull on XIV, go.

Minfilia's SSB looks like it'd only be situationally useful since I assume it doesn't play nice with Shout, although Last Stand is kinda nice. Thyrus is kind of the booby prize for me since I have SG and I don't have Y'shtola's BSB, so she still doesn't have a full party medica, meaning she's not coming in my party anytime soon. She does have Aetherial Pulse so I guess I could do some weird thing like bring her with Curaja/Wrath and kit out Selphie for black magic and use her for Dreamstage...but that would be pretty suboptimal so I won't do that. Still didn't get the grand prize though I guess Alphinaud's SSB is fine.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

All three ultimates for XIV were super easy. Garuda gave me a tiny bit of trouble until I used the strategy of "Forget the stupid feathers, just keep pounding Garuda" and then it went well.

The Torment dungeon on the other hand is kicking my rear end. I have no clue what to do about it. I have a feeling I should probably just give up on it until I get a BSB medica, it seems like that's pretty much required, since Selphie's Dreamstage can't keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I had a lot of trouble trying to use a Seymour with Cid RW strategy until I swapped out Agrias for Tyro. Wall proved to be much more valuable than Cleansing Strike.

• Locked thread