Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Looking forward to trying out a crappy Mage team for Diamond Weapon. Hopefully I can get away with just using Cait Sith as a healer and bringing Aerith along for DPS. It would be kinda funny to Dive Red XIII just so he can use Meltdown for the fight, but eh. Red's gonna be coming along for Hastega so I can RW Hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Shock Trooper posted:

Are they seriously adding this poo poo 18 hours into Sundaily. ffffffffff

I'm so tempted to pull on Keeper's Choice 2. Like, I already have SG and Butz's Excalibur, and I kinda gave up on getting Ramza's Shout (at this point I have both Tailwind and Unsung Hero so I've got things to use SB bars on if I bring him along). But... the allure of finally having Shout! And of course TERROR's BSB, just for the hell of it. But I don't know about the freebie relics, I don't have any EnFire relics so none of the fire boosts would come in handy at the moment. ffff

You have a long while to pull relics to match with the choices. No need to stress about pulling now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kylra posted:

Yeah, Eiko's is probably a better longer term pick, but if you happened to get Ragnarok it's probably the better usable-it-by-itself relic.

Hamelin and Ragnarok VII both return for OSBfest, but some of the other stuff like Lightbringer IX and Crystal Comb don't.

There's no guarantee that Hamelin will return for OSBfest. There's a good chance, since it's a pretty hyped Burst, but no guarantees.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Frog Drop isn't a Shout clone, since it does damage instead of Hastega.

The Golden Hairpin is a good pull since it's the only armour piece to date that boosts Water damage though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kylra posted:

It's on the JP list unless this spreadsheet is wrong. That's no guarantee sure, but I would guess it's probably still going to be there at least. Wasn't it just the undercards that got shuffled for the triple BSB event global had?

Only the new featured relics (like the new OSBs) are guaranteed to show up on the fest. The OSBs already released up to that point will also likely make it in. Everything else is in a state of 'maybe'.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SageAcrin posted:

Yeah, misspoke. It's a 50% Boostga, but not Hastega. Should have said "inferior Shout-like".

Still, both that and Protector's Roar are good Boostga in a vacuum. Roar has better legs long term, because I think even in JP it still stacks with literally everything, whereas Frog Drop is largely just worse than Shout in the end, but it's not like either's bad short term.

Not necessarily - Frog Drop means you can stack it with OK BSB for a bigger boost without redundancy. Protector's Roar will still stack with it, but for a small offensive boost (but you get some slight DEF and MND boosts to go with it).

Shout is still better than Frog Drop, because you can stack it with the other ATK/MAG buffs like Deployment Tactics, but Quina and Laguna's damage versions aren't obsoleted over time.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Crossposting because derp.

U++:

Like said, easier than I thought even with my gimmicky team. Vincent and Red RWed between turns of each other, and then resorted to Thundaja (thanks Dagger of Resolve) and Meltdown/Mori once Burst ran out. I'm glad I had Aerith as double healer, actually. Slower (since Red was hitting about 7-8k with Thundaja and about 12k with Purification), but safer.

He hits very light, especially if you have Fire resist gear to blunt his magical attacks. Physicals are more dangerous, but since everyone should be in the back row that alleviates it somewhat. Since his attacks ignore RES after the 70% mark, Shellga is of limited benefit.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also for those who drew Crystal Cross, remember that even though Gauntlet won't do any damage while the core is closed, it's still an instant Physical Blink. Not as good as Clear Tranquil, but I got a use out of it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kawalimus posted:

Looks like this game is forcing me to use a mage team. I'm trying diamond with a physical team and he is murdering me. I didn't expect him to do THAT much damage. Looks like back row stuff is necessary. I HATE mages, so this will be irritating.

He actually hits harder and faster while in his core, it's just that having everyone in the back row really weakens his physicals. Exposing his core also means he has a higher chance to do his ST attacks. The only other flaw with a physical team (other than having to spend two turns to expose him) is that once he drops low he can use Ultimate Diamond Flash - if he uses it twice at low health that's three medals lost. He won't use it while in his Core other than the forced ones while switching between phases.

If your Support has nothing better to do, the Thunderstroke RM makes your Attacks instant cast, so that'll speed things up slightly.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

NGDBSS posted:

At this point I believe I've got down the future boss conditions based on educated guessing and a bit of research, but I'm still a bit stuck on two of them because they refer to extremely specific translations of mechanics. Where should I look for assistance on these? (The conditions in question are from FF8's Seifer in Lunatic Pandora 3, and FF14's Titan in The Navel.)

Lunatic Pandora 3: Exploit Seifer's weakness to Poison, reduce his ATK, kill him before he uses Zantetusken Reverse (which he uses specifically as a counter to Odin, so just don't).

The Navel: Reduce Titan's MAG, reduce Titan's DEF, destroy Titan's Heart without 5 turns.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

I mean, I decent amount of people are going to end up getting his BSB chasing Onion's BSB so that's not exactly true. Enwind + stun, with stun and self buff commands isn't amazing, but it's still pretty great - and more useful once the ATK soft cap increases.

That said, I'm still going for Luneth for my MC3 and I'll max him out once I get his RM3 to drop. I'll be taking it slow for everyone else barring any extremely lucky pulls like getting someone's OSB, or actually getting Onion's BSB, where he needs to get to at least level 92 to become better then a Core.

edit: Although you get Onion's MC3 in the event so that's sort of an exception.

Don't forget that anyone who got Cid's Goggles is gonna get great mileage out of Gungnir (especially since Cid can also use it). And even they don't, they're just 50 Mythril away from getting an Oath Veil on Tyro Selection 2.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Huh, it's weird seeing people who are having trouble keeping up with Diamond Weapon's damage. With Multi Break and Heathen Frolic his MAG attacks were mostly harmless, especially with Fire resist. If you're bringing a mage team, everyone's in the back row and he doesn't have any LR attacks. Aside from Stamp I don't think he broke 2k on an attack after Protectga came up.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Just a few things to note:

Beatrix's BSB also inflicts Imperil Holy on the party, dropping enemies Holy resistance slightly for a damage boost/increased SB gain with Holy Attacks. The sword also boosts Holy damage when equipped.

Steiner's SSB on Banner 1 is non-elemental. The sword does boost Holy damage though.

Quina's Hairpin boosts water damage, good if you have Tidus's BSB, or want to chase his OSB.

Quina's SB on banner 2 is an HotE clone (ATK/DEF +30%) not the Protect + Shellga.

FF9 is my favourite so I just remember these things :v:. I really want to pull for Vivi and Eiko's BSB but I'm in saving mode. 180 myth and counting.

Another minor note is that Vivi's BSB relic also has +Fire on it.

I'm personally gunning for the Flame Staff just because it's Vivi. I'd love the Hamelin, but I'm not that fond of Eiko as a character anyway so I could find a way to live without it.

pichupal posted:

There are only 9 items on the JP Holy Lucky Draw.

Like, I know they have to trim the list for some of these Lucky Draws but that's really surprising. I haven't payed too much attention to the other themed LDs in Japan, were they all this heavily trimmed?

Anyways, for you JP players:

Hope OSB, Hope BSB1, Curilla BSB, Edward BSB, Penelo SSB, General Leo SSB, Angeal SSB, Palom SSB2, Yuna's Enholy SB.

Man they really love Penelo's SSB for some reason. Her BSB hasn't even returned on non-fest banners since its debut.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

If a BSB like that works for you, consider pulling on the second Larsa banner for Penelo's burst then, especially if you have her SSB (the weapon gives +Holy damage) - instead of the +MAG/MND on entry it's a medica (albeit only a Cura one) with the damage, the first command offers a +MND buff instead of Selphie's dispel, and the second command's medica is... not as strong as a shared, so you're looking at barely scraping four digits, but it's spammable if that's your thing.

If you don't have Penelo's SSB, though, consider Banner 1 for it instead. Again, +holy on the Selphie Burst you already have is just :getin:

The bonus with Penelo's is that Penelo can do things other than healbotting if you decide to run double white mages; Dancer 5 means you don't really need to bring along a supportbot in those cases.

The Medica command should easily break four digits considering the MAG/MND buff and that Penelo can buff her own MND with command 1.

Also Evanescence does boost MAG/MND, but it's a 15% boost compared to Selphie's 30%. It just does a lot of things half-heartedly - Cura entry, and both the buff and the initial damage are weaker than Selphie's.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
1/11, Ingus' Heroic Shield. Not a great pull since I already have his SSB, but it's synergy armour and another Hastega, I suppose.

Was hoping a bit for a Mustadio relic but alas. And XIII synergy continues to elude me. At least Eiko is around the corner to satisfy the trigger finger.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alxprit posted:

Took care of all the classic Tactics and FF3 dungeons already! I'm tempted to do the Lucky Draw now just to get it over with... I'm not gonna get more than five pulls anyway, sure, whatever, I'll do it.

Three 13 weapons, with Fang's Partisan, Snow's Winged Saint, and Sazh's Sirius Sidearms. On the bright side, some actually good melee synergy for FF13 for once. On the lower side, none of them are particularly interesting Soul Break wise. Ah well. A gun that's better than the Running Fire I had for ages is still nice.

Sirius Sidearms is XIII's only Faithga as far as I can recall, even if it's only a 20% one. XIII is also one of those realms that can just fit a full Mage team (Sazh, Vanille, Hope, Raines, Serah), so you can combo it nicely with OK's BSB for Haste + Protect + Regen along with the stacking Faithga. Snow can even combo the ATK/MAG buff with Meteor Crash.

I'm probably just gonna pull a duplicate Heroic Shield on Onion Knight now that I've pulled one, I can feel it in my bones.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

It's 6 single-target wind hits, attach wind, and a higher multiplier depending on the number of 5* dragoons in the party. They keep trying to push this "party of dragoons" angle, but dragoons get almost no ability diversity. I mean, they're better than monks, but as far as I know there's no White 4, Support 5, or other important skillsets on a dragoon.

You have to Dive for Dragoon 5*, but Mog can do the White/Dancer role.

Freya can do Breakdowns, and Kimahri can do that too if you Dive him.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KnoxZone posted:

You can generally expect ~100 mythril per month before even considering the unfinished story dungeons, so you will have enough, but I probably wouldn't recommend doing more than 2 pulls outside of the budget.

The expected minimum is:

40 from weekly events (4 in a month)
33 from logins (30 days + 3-4 bonus logins)
16 from monthly DUs.

So generally about 93 Mythril.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I am leaning towards R3 Full Break, especially since Chain Blizzaga isn't really a priority for me right now (I'm more apt to go for Firaga or Thundaga). Would certainly be nice once we get D200/250s.

I really should be going for Ashe's Defiance since I have the Dagger of Resolve, but... I'll see. I already have the Orihalcum Dirk and Holy Rod, so I'd rather not get repeats (although a Holy Rod+ is okay because of the +Holy on it).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

They should've just made the DEF-based attack equation less terrible; then it could still be a good SB.

Agreed, even a 50/50 split would have gone a long way in making it decent. It feels like they overcompensated with the Armor Strike formula.

If they ever added a similar move again (or a RES-based version) I'd imagine they'd do some tweaking, hopefully.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There isn't really a single mage-focused banner, most of the good stuff is pretty interwoven with some physical gear. Some options though, in order or arrival:

-Larsa 1 has a +Lightning armour attached to a strong mage BSB (Ashe), which goes very well with your Dagger of Resolve. Also present on the banner are her SSB (Lightning AoE with a %-based heal), and Penelo's Holy Rod (+Holy healer stat stick).
-Noel 1 has a good chunk of mage gear - Serah's Ice-focused BSB and Raines and Hopes' SSBs (which are more or less just pure hit things hard or hit things harder). The gear there is less splashable however (since it's a bow, light armour and thrown).
-Kain 1 has Edward's MAG+30%/Hastega Harp, Tellah's ATK/MAG and Powerchain buff, and Porom's Curaga+Hastega buff, with the capstone on the banner being Rydia's BSB, which is Earth-themed. Yang is a physical guy but he has an Imperil-Earth SSB on the banner to help out, and Porom gets a ATK/MND/Crit buff SSB on that same banner.
-Squall/Rinoa 2 is actually very mage heavy - the only things on the banners that aren't mage-based are Irvine's guns, and he's a Support so he can still find a spot on a team. Rinoa's OSB and Enstone relic, Quistis' BSB and SSB, and Selphie's BSB/SSB.

Honestly, I'd say Squall/Rinoa 2 is the best bet for pulling lots of mage relics, but it's a couple months away.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 16, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

Hope's scales off MAG. Pretty much only dedicated white mages get mnd-scaling attacks. I can't even think of any Blk 5/Wht 5 characters that have mnd-based SBs.

The only 5/5 sages other than Tyro are Exdeath, Kuja, Fusoya and Matoya, so other than the pure-buff SBs all of them are MAG-based, yes.

If you were to open access to the ones with just Blk 4 or Summon 5, you have Vanille, Aerith and Yuna.

KataraniSword posted:

Maria's BSB and Rinoa's BSB both benefit from Guy's SSB on the same banner; having an Enelement and an Imperil on the same banner is always a sign of a solid pair of relics. (See also Vivi's BSB and Steiner's good SSB on the second Eiko banner)

Another option is going for Rydia's BSB, since that also has Yang's Imperil-Earth SSB on that same banner. Guy's a bit more useful than Yang though, but Kain 1 is more mage-heavy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
2/11, Flame Staff and Ragnarok! :toot:

Switching to Proof of Existence for the time being. aVdY for those who need it. I've got a Cypress Pile+++, so my li'l Vivi is sporting 570+ MAG.

This was pretty much perfect for me, the only other things I would have wanted were Tin Armor and Bistro Fork, but considering that Flame Staff was my chase relic, can't really complain about this at all.

Now to decide if I'm going to bite the bullet and pull on Keeper 2 for the Red Hat and the chance of getting SG/Shout...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's weird how lopsided nearly all my gear is; my VIII and IX synergy is almost completely made up of mage gear, while my IV, VII and XIII synergy is almost exclusively physical. V and X are fairly balanced at least.

Best realms right now are probably XII, IX then VIII in that order. Other than XII though I could use armour in just about every realm.

I'm considering hunting down Imperil-Fire now that I have both Vivi and Terra's BSBs. Probably won't pull on Eiko 2 again, so options are Larsa 1, Leo 2, Dorgann 1, Minfilia 2 or Genomes 2.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

LornMarkus posted:

The fact that I can't complete this Ultimate+ because I have three IX characters with BSBs just shy of baffles me. Ugh, have to figure out what to do with it in the morning.

Kraken right? I actually had to have Garnet Defend for the second half of the battle as otherwise she would have killed off the Right Tentacle. Should have just had her on healing duty instead.

I'm surprise they didn't make Kraken weak to Lightning like he was in the original game, but that might have made it too easy or something, I dunno.

Adel posted:

With the FFVII event over, I'm trying to figure out what would be the most useful thing to have as my RW for the IX event.

My BSBs are Beatrix, Garnet, Butz, Hope, and Pecil. I'm leaning towards Butz since one of his commands is a fire spellblade to help burn down the Ult++ boss but I would like to hear other people's opinions.

I also have Rosa's medica+m blink SSB if something defensive might be more useful, as well as Shout and Wall to fall back on if nothing really stands out.

Most people are gunning for Sheepsong or Proof of Existence RWs. Divine Judgement is an good replacement, so I'd go with that.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 17, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'll admit, I had fun with the U++, so I retooled to optimize my party even more for it:

The only further tweak I'd have done was to stick Quina in the back row - Breakdowns weren't doing anything significant either way, really.

The first clear, Meltigemini got off two Counter Wings and Kuja literally had 10 health left when he died. Second time round, he only got off three moves with no counters before he croaked. I swapped Eiko's Poison Ring for the second Gigas Armlet just because I knew he was never going to get Bio off.

With Darkflare Star, Devotion and the Flame Staff, Garnet was throwing out 8.3k per hit. Vivi was just behind at 7.7k only because he didn't have Devotion.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Don't forget that V and X both have D200/250 dungeons coming up, too.

It means that for those with good synergy or plans to drop on X/XIII banners, next six months should be good news. I'm not planning to draw, so... :v: My X synergy isn't amazing but it's alright - a Medica, the shared Medica everyone got, and Riot Blade, so that'll be good enough to carry me through most of the content. XIII isn't as fortunate - I have a Hastega (Boon) and just enough melee synergy to cover everyone but Snow, but no Medicas, no mage gear to speak off other than the Witch's Hat, and no real offensive SBs (only one is Blaze Rush, which is woefully outdated). So I'll be relying solely on hones there.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Global does mean places other than the US. I don't doubt that there will be some degree of the game being affected, but hopefully it'll continue running since it should be a steady profit-earner.

If anything, it's the prices of renting in SF.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Hoo boy. I want to start by saying that my mindset towards Cid Missions is :fireman:, so I can't really help with specifics on that. (My advice would be "skip the CM, use your A-team").

1) R1 Meltdown under an Enfire Burst (such as Vivi's BSB, hint) will probably do ~18-24k for each of its uses.

Meltdown should actually be an easy 29,997 for each use with a synergy mage weapon - after taking into account Enfire and weakness it's 1470 potency per hit. A R1 Meltdown will do a little under half of Meltigemini's health with both uses.

As an extra push for Alexander, the U+++ for the FFII event is a three-wave fight similar to the Esthar Soldiers fight in the last VIII event, and they're all weak to Holy. Alexander will do great work there.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 18, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

They're adding another ultimate level already? :stare:

U++, my bad.

In addition, CMs will only apply to U+s from the FFII event on, so feel free to bring your A-team for the U+++ (which is a good thing since FFII won't get any Summoners for six months).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

widespread posted:

Oh yeah, uh... I did the 100 gem pull on the new banner and somehow got Kuja's glove.

When the gently caress was Kuja a white magic user.

Always, he debuted with Black/White/Darkness 5. Or if you need game basis, he did use Holy in the original game.

Anyway Guardian down, but that was a bit of a slog. Was never in any real danger (Lenna was twiddling her thumbs for most of it), but its RES was impressively high - Kuja with Strange Vision buff, Darkflare Star buff and +40% Fire damage was only doing about 8k with Firajas.

Honestly, if you don't need the Hastega (and Guardian is so slow you very well might not need it) I'd consider RWing Selphie BSB - it's AoE entry to help clear out the Launchers, its got a stacking MAG/MND buff, and Moonstone has a Dispel effect, saving you a slot for Mastery medals and letting you bring something like Haste.

Only switch I'd have made is given Selphie the Healing Staff instead for the +Holy boost, and replace Dispel on Lenna with something else, but she literally had nothing else to do and I wasn't gonna craft Diara/Diaga again.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm trying to grasp how you're supposed to do enough damage to the Guardian considering it has bonkers defense and resistance and you can't target it with the Wave Cannon afaik.

You can target it as far as I can tell, you just have to time the Hot Potato correctly - that means no healing your team just before the Wave Cannon hits, either.

As for brute forcing it, there's Ninja magic (just heal up after the Atomic Rays). Summons have a minimum damage floor and you can stack MAG bonuses (and there are a few WHT/SMN characters). White Magic still gets the triple damage bonus I believe, it's just that you can't exploit a weakness like you could with Evrae.

He is very hardy, but you can brute force him even without Ninja if you have the right buff stacks - Selphie's BSB is fantastic since it buffs both MAG and MND, and you can also put Faith on top of it for your Summoners/Black Mages.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also keep in mind that unless you do a lot of farming at a 5% drop, JP doesn't even have the Black Crystals needed for R2 Meltdown yet.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Now I have to figure out whether or not to pull on this Firion banner and the Vaan banner. They both seem to have a lot of hype and I'm at the point where basically all relics are good relics because I have lovely synergy for every realm still, but I also want to save up for Onion Knight, Alphinaud, the XIII event, and any lucky banners that drop between now and then, so it's going to be pretty tight in the mythril department.

In all honesty, between the two I'd lean towards Firion because II has a Mote dungeon CM and the banners for the next II event aren't overwhelmingly good. Larsa is a great banner, but the Vayne banners are also pretty solid.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hogama posted:

Last II event was in the middle of a fest banner that took my mythril, so let's toss some at this to see if I can beef up my II synergy.

Oh, man, 5? That's the most rainbows I've ever seen in a single draw.

:aaaaa:

Now your problem is whether to make a 8* Sun Blade for any future content involving Firion and/or Knights, or spread the II synergy around.

Honestly you've pretty much got a 8* Excalibur now.

Next week (Larsa) will be my last pull for about a month before Onion Knight, hopefully. The dungeon update (and likely lucky draw) next month is XI-V-VIII, which I'll probably pass on; XI synergy is basically one character at the moment, my V synergy is passable, and while it would be nice to draw Selphie's BSB or Zell's SSB2, I'm already stacked with VIII relics and will be pulling on Squall/Rinoa anyway.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 21, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

What I'm doing is waiting until the following IX event (should come in mid-January) to fix my synergy for that realm, so I can save as much mythril as possible for the next meta-changing banners in Onion Knight 1 and Minfilia/Alphinaud 1. The first banner has is very Zidane-heavy, but the second banner has several of the good relics from this current set (Hamelin, Trident, Golden Hairpin), along with debuting BSBs for Steiner and Freya and a very good new SSB for Garnet (Mag/Def faithga so it stacks with most of the common ones, plus a party-wide HP Stock). You've got even more mythril than me though, so you can maybe afford to spend more of it.

I would be tempted to roll on Genomes 2, but I have some very solid IX synergy already and my Mythril budget is going to be very tight around that time, so I'll see about that banner.

The issue with Garnet's SSB2 is the same as Divine Guardian; can you make room for a Summoner? It helps that the SSB2 isn't contingent on Mind and it buffs her damage output, so you can full-gear her for MAG and still get the same result.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Man, Lamia Queen is pretty rough. I have terrible II synergy and her just loving status is not fun. I can get her down to 30-40% in most attempts before I run out of steam.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Woo, bonus battles down.

U+ Cid's Mission was incredibly annoying thanks to Lamia Queen's high evasion even without Blink. Tried it with a mage team and that got me nowhere, so I went and honed up Pound to R4 - it's better mileage than Full Charge if even one of the FC hits misses.

Also got to dust off those FFI accessories that I pretty much never use.

U++ was a lot more fun. Bless Vaan and his Pyroclasms. Made the mistake of bringing Celes instead of Ingus (who has more DEF and his SSB) since I forgot the latter gets Haste now, but no harm no foul.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

U-DO Burger posted:

Uh wow I was expecting the bonus battles to be easier because FFII synergy isn't too common but holy poo poo that U++ battle was pathetic

It's basically Esthar terminators on 'roids but with a common weakness. If you have SG/SSII or Pecil BSB of course it'll be easy. For most other people they might actually be struggling with the incoming damage, especially on wave 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ugh not having a mage team makes so many of these Ultimate fights so frustrating and basically impossible :/

Lamia Queen with a physical team doesn't even seem doable, especially since she keeps charming my healer and putting people to sleep / confusing them right before SBs go off and stuff. I don't mind that the game requires different strategies, but these "have a bunch of good mages leveled up with skills honed or lol" checks are kinda annoying, because it doesn't really seem like the reverse happens very much. I haven't been playing for long at all, but I can't recall any fights where if you had a mage team you just couldn't really win.

With my XP coming from pretty much only Sundailies and not having enough orbs to create / hone good mage spells, it feels like I'm going to keep getting stuffed on certain events for quite a while still. I've got like 8 physical BSBs now and not a single mage one, and all of my mage characters are sitting around level 45-50 because there's no reason to ever use them for anything other than XP farming right now.

I did beat Lamia Queen CM with a Shout team, but had to hone up Pound for it. You really do have to get lucky with the statuses though. If you've been playing for a while, you should have a Sleep-resist and Confuse-resist accessory, both from FFI.

• Locked thread