Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Was hoping for some Golbez/Rydia mage gear, got their LMRs and too many Yang/Ursula claws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Don't forget that Bismarck will give everyone one shot of Fire immunity.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fister Roboto posted:

Vali is 16.5/3, Neo B is 19.2/4. With even a 20% weakness Vali will hit harder, assuming you're not hitting the damage cap.

Tiamat, on the other hand, benefits from the USB's enwind, and is also significantly easier to hone to get a bigger boost from Dreadywrm Trance.

You don't even need a 20% weakness, just any +element gear that matches Vali's Fire/Ice/Lightning set. Alphinaud would still prefer +Wind equipment, but +Fire/Lightning stuff is pretty easy to come by.

pichupal posted:

I'd personally say this banner isn't that great, especially falling pretty close to things like FFTA. Mof and Deuce's stuff and Tyro's LMR are pretty nice, but nothing else stands out a lot.

It's actually not that bad; it'd be way better if it was Echo BSB2, but it's a solid buff banner for mage teams, especially in light of things like Crystal Tower.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 21, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Hmm I'll try this. I definitely find I underrated how good Entrust was, with Bismark it turned out making Orlandeau my only damage dealer and constantly entrusting him was a lot better than any other second DD I could field.

ALthough with Hydra and Tifa that definitely didn't end up being true. That USB does so little damage. What's the next good banner for earth damage?

The current FFIV banner 2's alright - two decent Earth Monks (Yang and Ursula), and Rydia has a tri-element OSB (if you had her old BSB they complement each other). Bonus points if you're hunting for Water/Dark.

Ingus BSB2 is on the next III event, and the banner itself is pretty good.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Garnet comes close since she has four separate MAG-buffing SBs and will get access to Bard 5, but she'll need an Entruster to keep up the buffs. Still, she can supply HP Stock, heal in her own right, and even contribute as DPS (which Edward can't really do at all).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Went in praying for Mog stuff.

Two Echo SSB dupes, Deuce USB.

My fifth healer USB...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Fire and Wind are pretty much it. We do get an Earth version of the physical skills in the next FFV event.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Water Veil probably isn't going to be doing 9,999 outside of highly optimized setups and hitting a weakness.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Bare minimum of 3/11. Ace BSB, Beatrix BSB, Lightning BSB1 (dupe).

Not a great pull since my Fire team is already pretty stacked, but more Holy stuff is good.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The CM is definitely up there as one of the most infuriating unless you can nuke about 1/3 of his health near the end; my X synergy is fairly solid (Yuna USB, Seymour/Wakka BSB, and Braska SSB for more buffs), but thanks to the spell barrage taking out four units at the end I just missed out on Mastery after several resets. At least I could bring Rikku on the rematch in place of Tidus to have an easier time getting debuffs up.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Beatrix shows up on every IX event. No joke, ever since it was first released, her SSB has been on every IX event until they phased out SSBs completely.

Her USB is still solid though and I'm on the fence on diving her anyway since I have both her SSBs and her BSB.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, I want her USB but I have no idea when that shows up again. She's still really good with just her BSB, double-casting Guardbringer is brutal. It's just that Marche is flat-out superior for me now, feels like I wasted a shitload of motes since I doubt I'll ever have room to bring both of them (I also have Cid Raine's BSB and Orlandeau's OSB competing for "dealing a shitload of holy damage" and I think both of those are probably better).

Beatrix's USB actually premieres two IX events from now (so about 4 months).

Marche is better at the moment, but if you ever need someone to just pop a Protectga/Shellga/Curada or something in between weaving Saint Cross/Holy Saber, Beatrix does the job fine.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's surprising that Saint Cross doesn't get a foreseeable buff to 4 hits, because even Guardbringer gets buffed to a maximum of 5 hits. I mean Heavy Regen is kinda cool if the enemy Saps a lot but... that's it.

It is notable that Guardbringer is weaker than Saint Cross if you can't get the 4-hit threshold, outside of capping issues.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Full-powered Guardbringer is 4.0x multiplier compared to Aegis Strike's 3.9x. Aegis Strike hits MT which is cool but otherwise Guardbringer all the way.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Quina also makes for a really strong Entruster option once they get their Dive even if you fail to pull his/her USB - his/her LM2 is a Trance that gives them the equivalent of a free SB bar, and his/her LMR is a Guts at the start of battle. So you can give them Mako Might, hit them with something like Meltdown at the start of the fight, and then Entrust two SBs to somebody in one action while being back up at full health.

Cowcaster posted:

edit: it doesn’t help that for like 5 lucky banners straight fft was on the docket, meaning we’re all fat on delicious fft soul breaks

I went 0/55 in terms of Tactics SBs during that streak. My Tactics synergy at the moment is limited to Ramza's Uniques, Ovelia's SSB and Gaff's BSB.

What can I say, I've never been particularly drawn to the realm and my LD pulls seem to reinforce that idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Since we're talking about the IX event, the two new dives are Garnet and Eiko. Like the rest of the main IX cast, their LM2s are Trances (the two outliers Beatrix and Kuja get doublecast LM2s instead). Their trances are both similar too; MAG/MND+30% and 1/2 cast speed. This is excellent with their BSBs and for Eiko to keep the party healthy (or to throw physical blinks from her CMD1), but Garnet can have trouble using it if she's not off-healing due to the lack of summon hones.

Vivi's BSB2 is purely powercrept by Montblanc's which comes out in a few days, but Vivi has the better tech from his Dive.

I have five dupes on banner 1, but I'm throwing two pulls at least to try to get all the new toys.

• Locked thread