Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Edit: Oh you're not supposed to kill the dog

don't touch the dog!!

(edit)

also don't pull

New Paine sword, dupe sword, dupe bracer, dupe rod.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Honestly, if my pulls are gonna look like this for FFTA and IX pulls too, I might be close to being done with the game. Or at least taking a break.

Kinda tired with only being able to get BSB+ relics in fests and special banners only.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
As a small experiment I decided to actually reroll a second global account. Easy enough with just creating a second Android dummy account on my phone.

This is a highly scientific test to verify if my main account is cursed or not. Also curious to see just how fast I can progress, knowing what I know of the game.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Get hosed you oversized eel. :black101:

(edit) My setup, if it'll help anyone:

Raines has BSB and full legend dive. Starts with Memento Mori, then BSB -> Command 2 -> Command 1 spam, unless BSB is available again. Fight should be over before either MM or Cmd2 buffs run out, so no need to ever recast them.

Agrias has BSB, OSB and full legend dive. Starts with Holy Cross, followed by Guardbringers after both Protectga and Wall are up. BSB is used asap, then followed by OSB uses when possible. Ideally Relm should feed her an instant action for at least one soul break, otherwise I can't made it under 30s.

Both DPS have +40% Holy boosts (both weapon and armor)

Relm has the simple job of using the RW Wall, then Shellga or Curada depending on if someone other than Onion is the most wounded. Rest of the fight is just healing, including Enkidu use. She has USB + LMR.

Onion drops his BSB, Protectga, and then punches himself if the face with Quick Hit. This usually ensures that he'll be the weakest, and dies to black fang.

Ramza starts with Entrusting Raines once to get him going, then proceeds to Wrath+Entrust Agrias a couple of times. No need to wait till full bar usually, since Agrias is also taking damage. Usual flow is Entrust -> Wrath -> Entrust -> Wrath, etc.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 29, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The upcoming FFTA banner doesn't have the Orlandeu USB right? I really want to wait for that one. Are people excited for the Marche one here?

It feels like we're close enough to the elemental banners which I actually need to beat magicites that I'd rather wait (Edit: or actually that Onion Knight banner...)

No Orlandeau here. That's the next FFT event. The banners are very similar, with the only major item missing from the Orlandeau USB one compared to this, is Ramza USB. So if you don't mind missing out on that one, just wait till the next event.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

is that Water Banner a real thing or is my leg being pulled here?

It's real but I don't think we know much about. It got datamined during the update, and the banner header has Edge and Tidus USB pictured. Unknown what else it has, and when it comes.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

jebeebus posted:

Well this is kinda lame... if only I had finished Nightmare just one day earlier this month lol.

But more importantly... 6 hours to go!!!

No stamina potions left?

Or Mythril refresh your stamina. You'll lose one but get three, so better than nothing.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm guessing the problem is running out of keystones.

Oh yeah. I kinda keep forgetting those are a thing, because I let them pile up real high once, and haven't really gone below 10 since. :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Andante posted:

I'm a fairly new player, with very few 5* items. I decided to give this banner a pull because it seems like everyone is pretty stoked for it.

I pulled 4/11:
Ramza's screech BSB
Agrias' BSB x2
Meliadoul's BSB

I have 50 mythril remaining. Is there any sense in pulling again, or should I wait for an inevitable awesome Christmas event?

If you're at three dupes, pulling one more time isn't the worst idea. The 6* items are amazing and you could get a lot of mileage out of Ramza and Agrias LMR now.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh yeah, there was a banner or something

Pull #1: Agrias LMR, dupe Ramza SSB (reforge)
Pull #2: Marche USB x2
Pull #3: Marche BSB, Marche LMR x2, Agrias LMR dupe.

Yeah ok, I'll take a complete-where-it-matters Marche, and that Agrias LMR to go with her full dive. :toot:

I wanted Ramza's stuff more, but I guess I can take a shot at them later. Agrias USB would have been a solid 5/5 Waifu-pull too, but alas.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Bruceski posted:

I must not pull. Pulling is the luck-killer. Pulling is the little death that brings total rage-whaling. I shall face my temptation, I will permit it to pass over me and through me, and when it has gone I shall turn the inner statistician to see its path. Where the temptation has gone there will be nothing, only my current relics will remain.

Just Pull.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Ramza does have good tools for juggling a couple of buffs, though. His dive has increased stat buff duration, and his new burst comes with a Wrath command. He could easily keep up both USB and BSB2 if needed.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

dragon_pamcake posted:

Oh my god it is a pain in the rear end to reset this game on android devices. I had to use Bluestacks and a second Google account.

Anything else I should be aware of besides only draw from event banners?

When in doubt, just ask around about banners. Either this thread or our Discord (https://discord.gg/eCv8T8x) is happy to offer opinions on stuff. The FFRK subreddit and gamefaqs boards also have banner reviews and breakdowns posted.

Fair warning is that a lot of the early game will be pretty simple autoattacking. It's a bit deceptive, and eventually the game will turn in to a very boss battle focused game, with a lot of depth and difficulty. So if the early game feels dull, it gets much better!

Attestant fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

BGrifter posted:

First priority is the "holy trinity" of a Medica BSB, Wall and an ATK buff.

This is how I'd define the old trinity, from 2017 newbie perspective:

Medica: AoE heal of some sort, almost any will do. BSB (Burst Soul Break) heals will be ideal as a beginner since they can offer repeated healing commands, but USB (Ultra Soul Break) heals often have much more long term appeal. SSB (Super Soul Break) stuff is a bit outdated now, but will do fine until you get something better.

Hastega: Source of party-wide Haste, often attached to other buffs like +Atk or +Mag. Doesn't necessarily have to be an attack booster though. Basically any Hastega will be really valuable early on, even if it doesn't have stat boosts attached to it.

Wall: Massive defensive buff to the entire party. Currently only available on two very old relics, Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire or Y'shtola's Thyrus. Both currently impossible to get, but you can get access to them via Roaming Warrior. This is why getting a hastega effect should be a priority, since once you have that native, you can focus on using Roaming Warriors to cover Walls for now.

• Locked thread