Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So the only FFT character I have that does NOT have a relic is Agrias. I've been really good about saving mythril for when Orlandeau hits but I'd like some advice on what the best banner to pull on is for Agrias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CaptainPsyko posted:

Same banner as Orlandeau.

That's what I thought but you guys always know stuff I don't. :)

Thanks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Must... remain... strong... for... Orlandeau...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm really proud of myself for only pulling twice over this whole holiday pile of banners. Once on the banner that had Refia's glove and Kain's spear (I got both) and a could-not-resist pull on the crazy FF14 banner which got me Minfilia's BSB, another Thyrus, and Aetherial Pulse.

I'm going to have 200+ myhtril by the time FFT hits and I'm going loving ham on it :f5:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pander posted:

Wish I had the wherewithal to not pull on banner V given my paltry returns, since FFT is my jam.

I might whale an 11-pull on Cid OSB at this rate.

Depending on what my 4 pulls get me I might throw gems at another pull. I really want Agrias (and hopefully Orlandeau) kitted out.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
This paralyze dragon is pissing me off so bad. I haven't been this pissed at a boss since the naga one that did nothing but dodge attacks and charm people.

I have no accessories that resist paralysis and even when I bring 2 people with Esuna they either die to the bullshit double ice aoe spam when it gets low on HP or they just get paralyzed and can't Esuna each other.

Is there anything I can do other than just grind through resets until I get good RNG?

Also it is totally bullshit that it can attack and then immediately fly and then do 2 AoEs in a row before I get a chance to heal.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

What team are you bringing? What kind of mitigation?

It literally doesn't matter what I bring. I have no paralysis resist accessories.

I also can't just throw mythril continues at this since none of the continue bonuses resist statuses.

I'm also getting total garbage RNG. Last fight I had both Serah and Y'shtola paralyzed after aoe ice. I'm seriously considering skipping this mc3. I've gotten every other one since they started but this one might not be worth the frustration.

edit: Yda is my "Shout" with her SSB. Ramza is breakdowns and Tailwind for party heal. Y'shtola is for Aetherial Pulse and my RW is also Y'shtola for wall.

Everything goes great until he gets under 50% hp and then he does the AoE ground ice, then instantly flies and does AoE ice twice. Anyone who doesn't die gets paralyzed and it's always Serah or Y'shtola.

Also I can't seem do do enough damage fast enough. I was thinking of trying Shout RW and just all my best physical hitters but again I have nothing I can do about random paralysis. At all.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 6, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Y'shtola's medica ns't going to cut it. Have her use wall and bring a healer BSB as the RW (such as a Y'shtola) and as long as the BSB's running and wall is up with shell/protect you shouldn't come close to dying unless Y'shtola gets locked down with people low on hp.

A native Wall should never be ignored for a SB/SSB medica tbh. One is a vital buff that has lost zero importance and the other is an ability that is completely outclassed by BSBs.

Thanks for this. It took me a couple tries and 1 mythril continue but I got it with this strat. Native wall + RW Asylum used at the right times worked. I had to figure out the timings and practice when to maximize the utility. I also replaced Sephiroth with Gilgamesh because his BSB is better overall for that fight. I also got lucky on the mythril runback and got paralyzed less than usual.

Oh and the nightmare accessory that gives major ice resistance was really nice on Serah. She was able to survive a lot of stupid poo poo and get off several Clock Masters and Esunas and Firagas.

That fight was the death of fun though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

you're not wearing ice resist. you should be wearing ice resist. it really helps.

don't bother with wall, USoI is def-ignore and by far the main threat. expect him to use it almost every turn once he's under 50%

i found mages to be very useful on this fight, alph and papalymo carried me through the CM even though i don't have SBs for either - consider trying it with a Proof of Existence RW. hopefully you can get haste elsewhere

I have garbage mages. Literally the only mage relics I have are Serah's BSB, Quistis Cerberus and Edea's stupid ice thing. I can't confidently use a mage team at all right now, at least not on ults.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I woke up this morning to this:

That's pretty good, right?

My RW is currently a level 99 Y'shtola with SS2, max MND gear, and almost completely moted out. She has 440 MND without synergy :cool:

I guess clearing out all those dumpy followers a couple weeks ago was worth it.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 6, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Why do people refer to Gilgamesh as Greg?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well after an evening of frustration against paralysis dragon, I am happy to say that I beat U++ Geruda on the first try. I just did the usual Shout wall physical rushdown and it worked just fine. I completely ignored the feathers. LOL. That was refreshing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dr Pepper posted:

I just haven't felt the need to use them.

I was able to beat U++ battles with level 65 characters after all.

I have no idea why you would not use MC3s. They are intentionally power creeping enemies for level 99 characters/teams.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm trying to save mythril for TG Cid but I could not resist a shot at Vanille's BSB. I don't regret my pull:

That Punisher is also my 3rd so I was able to make my first reforge. I'm pretty hype about it. Whose RM is the one that boosts spear damage significantly? I need that RM.

And just gently caress Snow. That BSB is really good but I loathe the character. I'm going to level it up but only so that someone else can use it as synergy armor. :laugh:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Orlandu has the best OSB in the game. It's stronger than other physical OSBs baseline (1500 vs 1200 potency) at the cost of a slightly longer cast time (3.7 seconds vs 2.5), it's dual elemental with both easily boostable and relatively common as weaknesses (holy and thunder), and most importantly it has an incredibly good secondary effect (Thunder God Mode, which grants 1/3 cast time for all the user's actions for 25 seconds).

The rest of the banner is good but not astounding. Even moreso than the Raines banner tonight, if you pull on the TGCid banner you're pulling for a single relic.

Not quite. There are new Agrias relics in there as well, and pretty much her whole kit is there. I personally have no relics for her but I still use her all the time because she's just that good.

I will be blowing all my mythril on this banner mostly for Agrias gear but any Orlandeau gear with be icing on the holy cake.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but Orlandeau is also supposed to have pretty rad stats at level 99.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Please use characters that you like and pull on their game's banners and don't obsess over clearing every single dungeon in the game. :tipshat:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
This Warmech U++ is ridiculously unfair bullshit. Full Break, Power Breakdown, and Arc's physical blink SB apparently isn't enough. :mad:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

acumen posted:

Full break and a breakdown aren't usually enough for any U++. Try protectga/shellga/wall?

He has piercing attacks. I brought wall and protectga anyway but they don't help much.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

AstraSage posted:

Alright, I need someone to talk me out of heeding the Siren's song of pulling on the upcoming IX Banner 2 (the one with Steiner & Freya's BSBs):

Outside of a high risk of only getting a dupe Tin Armor, it has enough unique stuff (the afore-metioned BSBs plus Eiko's Hamelin, Garnet's Stock-3000HP Gown, Quina's Golden Haripin for Tidus' OSB) to entice me to gamble a good chunk of the mythril I've saved so far for the Anniversary Banners...

And keep in mind I'm also skipping TG Cid in favor of the Anniversary (And the fact all the good relics from that banner reappear together in the Malak side of the Rapha/Malak Event's Banners).

Elephant Ambush posted:

Please use characters that you like and pull on their game's banners and don't obsess over clearing every single dungeon in the game. :tipshat:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
It gives great mastery though and that's enough for me. I still have post-orbfes relics to master.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
This 3 boss ult is bullshit. Nothing seems to mitigate the damage on the first guy's counters or the last guy's AoE spam. What am I supposed to do? :mad:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Bring a Zidane OSB RW to more or less obliterate the first two bosses (if you can have at least four females on your party, good but not necessarily required). You can then set your party up to handle Shell Dragon - both Breakdowns, Earth/Paralyze resist if possible, and a good set of Ice attacks.

This worked great except for the last guy. Zidane OSB OHKO'd the first two but the counter AoE paralysis is loving bullshit. I even did a reverse wall on him with Faris BSB plus Fang's Highwind and it doesn't matter at all if he just paralyzes everyone and I have no paralysis resist accessories.

:supaburn:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
While I beat Beatrix/Steiner first try, I forgot to bring dark for mastery. Since then, for some reason, they've proven a lot tougher in subsequent fights.

I finally mastered them today though. Since the FF13 event went away, nobody has Cid R (Cider?) BSB up as RW. I refreshed for literally 5 straight minutes without finding one so I came up with a backup strat which consists of "use Vanille BSB as RW instead" and it worked perfectly.

Every time I saw the word "Climhazzard"
I just mashed the RW button and all my fears melted away. I didn't have to worry about Sap randomly killing my nerds before I could heal. Then I just brought a dark ability on Sephiroth and he used it once on each of them for the medals.

Highly recommended pro tier stuff.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Mine is up and will stay up. If I remember and can be bothered, I'll even update it for event-specific gear for events where he's a particularly good RW. Either way, 9qKh is my friend ID.

Thanks. I'll add you.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I got Papalymo's gloves in the lucky draw. They seem like a poor man's Sheepsong and I can't think of a good reason to ever use them over a RW Sheepsong. Convince me otherwise. If possible.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

They are a better sheepsong my man, quickcast is better than hi regen dps wise

Does the Ley Line quickcast stack with, say, Quistis old SB that also gives quickcast? That's one of the only other mage relics I have. I can't wait for the nightmare banner. I'm saving up a ton of mythril for FFT but I desperately need mage relics. Almost all my teams are physical.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Quickcasts don't stack if they affect the same number of targets for the same number of casts, so no.

It would stack with something like Cid's SSB that gives a self-quickcast.

Well, poop. Ok thanks. I'll work on Papalymo for a while and see what other mage relics I can get. I really want a full mage team that doesn't suck.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Can someone please post that really cool relic spreadsheet layout from the last couple weeks? I'm finally breaking down and making one :negative:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

Just go to FFRKCentral and link your account with a one-time code (you can even add extra layers of encryption if you're :tinfoil: about people having read-only access to your account)

Like so: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/ewFR

Thanks. I'm also making my own ad-hoc format. Is sorting primarily by realm pretty standard?

Also when is the Nightmare banner coming? After FFT I assume?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The new Ultima Weapon raids are free to reverse wall. I was able to beat both on the first try with random pubbies. All I did was bring Faris BSB and Fang's Highwind and then gave them meter building abilities to just do it over and over.

Even on the 200 diff fight, Ultimate Ultima did like 1100 damage. We had a Beatrix for damage and a Vanille BSB to heal while everyone else durdled around and we only lost one character.

Only frustrating thing were the Tryos that kept using Full Break right after I had just finished firing off Beryl Serpent :argh:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I sure wish it was Thursday night already :negative:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ugh I'm so used to just rolling raids with pubbies and for some reason this one is giving me a headache. Why is it so hard to find a decent team all of a sudden, everyone is running Tyros and Y'Shtolas without walls and terrible DPS characters. And when I do find a party with a Wall the raid leader for some reason decides we need 3 of them and only 1 healer, which goes well until he enters danger phase and starts making GBS threads huge AoE every singe turn.

I should just be raid leader I guess, but it feels like such a waste of stamina.

There are benefits to leading raids. I personally need greens so it's always nice for me to get some randomly. The biggest benefit to the stamina expense is the power to pick your team by kicking losers out.

And yeah the goon discord is amazing and awesome. The only raid I've needed help with was Barthandelus and goons got me through that one. As others have said, being able to coordinate specific setups with people who know what they're doing is a godsend.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What is "hit and run"?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I pulled twice. First pull got me Terra's OSB and BSB. 2nd pull got me her SSB. I previously had no relics for her. This game really wants me to use her now. I cracked her 80 cap because I had MC3s laying around.

I'm really happy about this because I have very little good mage gear and this helps a ton. I also just like Terra. She's really good even without relics but she's a Death Star now.

There's also the fanboyism factor. FF6 is my favorite of the main numbered series and I always liked Terra as a character.

QUESTION: Can someone please explain the CPU Nightmare boss fight? I checked reddit and even the detailed explanation is hard to figure out. I know which breakdowns to use on which orbs but apparently there's a timing issue I'm missing. I also can't seem to consistently get it to put up the barriers after killing both orbs.

After the orbs regenerate I use the breakdowns the way it's described, but then Multi-Break doesn't seem to cause the orbs to go haywire the way they should. Could someone do a simple step-by-step guide please?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

AweStriker posted:

Phase 1 is just a burn phase. Both nodes need to die at roughly the same time, and that time needs to be before the CPU's countdown finishes.

You'll know Phase 2 has begun when you see the red Physical Barrier / laser. At this point, use Armor Breakdown on the Defense Node.
Shortly or immediately afterwards, you will see the red power circle, at which point you should use Power Breakdown on the Attack Node.
The Defense Node's next action will be to put up the purple Magic Barrier, which you should respond to by using Mental Breakdown on it. If your Mental Breakdown goes off before the Defense Node puts up the magic barrier, it won't work.
The Attack Node's next action will be to put up the purple magic circle, at which point you should use Magic Breakdown on it. If your Magic Breakdown goes off before the Attack Node puts up the magic circle, it won't work.
After all four breakdowns have been used and all four barriers dispelled (you should see messages that the nodes are "overheating"), use Multi Break. The Defense Node should start healing you and the Attack Node should start blasting the CPU core. Use this time to do as much damage to the CPU itself as you can, but avoid AoE damage since if you kill the nodes you'll advance to Phase 3 - a damage race which your party is almost certain to lose.

Oh ok. I'm not waiting for the barriers to show up. I'll try being less pro-active. Thanks!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Atomos (Dervish) is probably the easiest of the lot.

No it isn't! :argh:

I have Locke and Refia's BSBs as well as a 99 OK with SSB, Shout and Wall and I can't Zerg fast enough. He always eats gems and blows me up. Can you give me a good strat?

I have tons of 99s and good physical gear and I feel like a chump because everyone says he's easy and I can't do enough damage fast enough :(

Oh, and even if I could beat him, Dismissal refuses to ever proc. Should I use something else like Ramza's Hail of Stones?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sprite141 posted:

You do have to kinda do the mechnics...

Yeah you aren't really gonna be able to burst him down before he gets at least his first set of gems in.

Ok I tried another run with a bunch of aoe SBs and still died. Does he just spam gravity after like 3 waves of gems? That's all he did and Selphie couldn't keep up. Even if she had, I still would've died to the Doom timer. Can you guys please be a little more specific with teams and strats? This is so frustrating.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I am the happiest FFRK player tonight

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

:itjb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Powerchain into TG Cid OSB is incredibly satisfying. Wow.

• Locked thread