Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

LornMarkus posted:

FFII actually wasn't among the datamined banners, nor was the III event for Aria so it looks like neither of them are coming for at least a month.

They were in the last datamine in August. The schedule should be XV, II, VIII, III, VII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Prism posted:

Bugged how? Just curious; that was before my time.

If I'm thinking of the right battle, his AI was supposed to set all his actual attacks other then the basic Attack to only start his the third turn, but they missed his AoE Monk Kick, meaning he had a 90% or so chance to use it, decimating teams before buffs could go up.

I used Mako Might on Ramza's Tailwind (40% HP + Protectga) just to survive the opening.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I just realized tomorrow I can grab that second Gigas Armlet I missed with the FFII Renewal Dungeons :toot:. Liking the opportunity to grab all these old accessories, and triple resist is a particularly good one.

I'm hoping they'll rerelease the 5 Dooms event too. I fully cleared it but I know a lot of people didn't - and all those job motes would be really nice for people to get.

Also I heard the Brass de Bravo events might be coming? Now that I have a relic for every Bard but Gogo V, I want more motes. The buffing bard songs will be great for Magicite too - Sarah, Deuce and Edward will love to have them.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar draw got me Prompto's SSB - first XV relic! Lightning element hyperbreak is pretty nice, but I already have a lightning element Hyper Break with Shelke BSB so I don't think I'll be using it much at all outside of XV.

I was considering a pull on XV for Noctis SSB and Iris BSB, but since I have a pretty great Lightning team already I might just go for the XV Renewal banner to swap Aranea and Prompto's stuff for Iris LMR and Gladio's stuff. Gonna wait a while to decide, or maybe I'll just skip it entirely for the eventual Ignis event.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ugh, now I'm tempted by the gem draw and need to pick again for the CT draw between Yuna for the MAG buff and holy+ armor, Larsa for Astra and Entrusting and Y'shtola for the CMs and Legend Dive.

Not even sure what I would want from the gem draw. Firion, Alphinaud or Edea maybe? I have Vaan, Raines and OK, just two guaranteed BSBs makes it really attractive.

I'm waiting for this good Friday the 13th news to backfire somehow...

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Philouza posted:

Any decent BSBs on the gem selection suitable for entrusters or quick-cast/noncast? I feel like I'm at a good place with elements and can safely sub 1:00 all the magicites so I'm working towards 30 seconds.

Current options:
- Fully decked out Onion Knight
- Ramza has Shout/Chant/Tailwind
- Just picked up Larsa burst, could potentially replace my healer...haven't given this a shot yet
- Raijin's SSB, but I'm finding my times get slower with him in there since it's only 1 noncast

I have nothing for Shelke but it sounds like that's a route to take when that banner drops in November.

Shelke wouldn't need a relic for Entrusting, you'll never be using her SB anyways. She's 100% the best Entruster.

The only other option that comes to mind if you can't wait is Sazh, since his Burst is Party ATK/MAG +30% and self Instant Cast 2, so he can get set up for Entrusting quicker or pop off Ellara's Wall quickly - but you'll need to bring a Hastega. Edward is also specifically nice for a physical Shadow Dragon team for the Imperil Holy and ATK +50% buff.

But honestly, I'd just wait for Shelke's dive.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I would've thought Seymour would be up there. Also lol at Angeal does he seriously only have a SSB?

Seymour suddenly got a lot of attention in Japan's Superfest 2, getting the magical dark limit chain, a new BSB they actually tried to make relevant with a unique self-regen that stacks with regen and a 6-hit command that deals good damage and self-inflicts 35% HP damage, and an En-dark LMR. Next X event in Japan is supposed to be Tidus and Seymour based too, so he's probably got a USB on the way.

And yes, Angeal is still SSB only. Fusoya has an SSB and SB and isn't too much better. The hope was the next VII event would be Crisis Core themed, but Zack got a new USB in the 3rd Anniversary banners so Angeal will probably be waiting even longer.

And speaking of hated characters, if you're curious on who doesn't have Legend Sphere access in Japan:

Quina, Freya and Dorgaan just got their dives. Larsa and Reks should be coming soon, and every II character but Leila should get access in the next II event. Every one in III, X, XIV and XV ha access, if you're wondering why those realms are missing.

Some surprising people left over. Gilgamesh, Edgar, Quistis and Fang are the most surprising characters not to have a Legend Sphere access yet. I thought they were all fairly popular, outside of FFRK at least.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 14, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

It's weird that Rude and Elena don't have a dive either, since they were introduced after dives. Most new characters have them when released.

When the VII event happened, not even Aerith and Sephiroth had legend dives yet so they didn't really have space for Rude and Elena. The event gave access to Sephiroth, Aerith and Rufus on Banner 1, and Cid, Reno and Shelke on Banner 2. A side effect of VII having way too many characters.

IV has a similar problem, but they still gave Ursula access over Yang.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 14, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

KataraniSword posted:

Except they just had the Xena/Kegger event for FF5 and I can't see them having another one for 3 or 4 months at least

My fingers are crossed for a Big Bridge themed event for their next fest - now that Legend Materia relics appear on fest banners he could get his dive through there instead of a V event.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah this game needs more bards badly, Allegro Con Moto looks cool but the only characters I could possibly run it on are Tyro and I guess Cait Sith since I have his BSB.

I've got relics for every Bard 5 but Gogo (V) right now. It really is a small pool, just 7 Bards, + Aria and Garnet. Eiko can't Allegro since she dives for Bard 5, but she can use the buff bard songs if we get them. I'm honestly surprised they haven't given it to Echo or Mog considering their appearance in every Brass de Bravo event in Japan.

I think the Dancer is pretty small too? Tyro, Echo, Mog, Cait, Freya (eventualy), Rikku, Penelo and Montblanc, plus Faris and Iris who can dive for it.

Nihilarian posted:

I actually didn't know Legend Dives could give ability access

It's just patched in in the same event she gets her Legend Dive, she's not getting ability access from her dive. Not too many have happened recently (Aerith and Rydia just got Light Armor access with the last update), but we do have a few other character buffs coming up.
  • Garnet - Light Armor and Bard 0 -> 5
  • Serah - Light Armor
  • Noel - Sharpshooter 0 -> 5
  • Orlandeau - Darkness 4 -> 5
  • Luneth - Celerity 3 -> 5
  • Freya - Dancer 0 -> 5

pichupal fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 14, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar Draw on the IV Renewal payed off big time.

:toot:

I've been focusing on more offensive options like Deuce BSB for Magicites recently, but it's nice to have this amazing USB to fall back on.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

NaanViolence posted:

I just dollar drew a dupe copy of Rosa's USB bow. Should I combine it or keep it separate?

Combine it. Other then the recent Omega battle where you might want two MND-optimized users for Stop, there are very, very few reasons to optimize MND on more then one person. And you might already have a 6* MND weapon that's a lot more flexible then a bow too. It's just for healers and stop infliction/time reduction.

Regardless, the short list of people who can benefit from a MND bow since I was curious who else could actually use it since I just pulled one:

• White Mages : Arc, Porom, Rosa, Lenna, Penelo
  • White 4/5 users : Echo, Scott, Pecil, Ceodore, Noel, Tyro [Dived: Maria, OK]
  • Stop users : Echo, Maria, Leon, Gordon, Scott, Arc, OK, Yuffie, Fran, Ashe, Serah, Ysayle
  • Halting Rumba users : Lenna, Faris, Yuffie

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Aww the Chicken Knife isn't part of the V renewal banner. Well that's keeping my Mythril safe.

Yeah, relics released after the Gladio and Iris XV event aren't on the Renewal banners.

Just some notable items that won't make the cut if it helps some people make decisions:

XI - Shadow Lord's Awakening (Aphmau/Zeid event) - Aphmau USB, Ayame BSB
V - Four Hearts (Princess Faris event) - Bartz USB, Faris USB2, Exdeath USB
IV - Destined Confrontration (Edge/Rubicante event) - Edge USB, LMR
Tactics - Unyielding Sword Oath (Meliadoul event) - (Nothing really big)
VI - Searching for Friends (Gogo/Umaro event) - Shadow USB, Setzer USB, Umaro BSB

And obviously, the current Dissidia and XV banners.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Edit: Better question would be which relics are probably worth pulling for. I know there's Cloud's USB and OK's BSB any other big ones?

Might take a while to search through, but sure. Very subjective opinions below, and I might like stat sticks a bit too much. Tried to avoid going too hard on combo potential relics (i.e - Lightning USB is great with her LMR and BSB2, but the LMR and BSB2 don't stand out too much by themselves).

Rikku USB is probably the biggest other thing that hasn't has a reappearance yet in Japan. Also tried to pick out some of the better SSBs as they're slowly disappearing off banners.

Here's a reddit thread that links to the full lists of relics.

FFI (3/16)
WoL CSB, Sarah BSB, Master BSB

FFII (2/21)
Firion BSB, Maria BSB

FFIII (3/19)
Luneth OSB, Refia BSB, Onion BSB [+2 for Ingus SSB2 for the Earth+ sword and CoD BSB for the Holy/Dark Radiant Shield]

FFIV (5/37)
Golbez BSB, Edward SSB, Rosa USB, Edge BSB, Edge SSB2, Palom BSB

FFV (3/27)
Lenna USB, Krile SSB, Dorgaan SSB (for the wind+ sword)

FFVI (9/44)
Terra USB/OSB/LMR, Strago BSB, Setzer BSB, Celes BSB2/LMR, Relm USB/BSB

FFVII (9/49)
Cloud USB/BSB2, Tifa USB, Red USB, Zack CSB, Cid SSB2, Vincent USB/LMR, Shelke BSB

FFVIII (7/44)
Rinoa CSB, Squall BSB2, Edea BSB, Raijin SSB, Fujin BSB; OSB/LMR (for Golem)

FFIX (4/39)
Vivi OSB/LMR, Eiko USB, Kuja OSB

FFX (5/43)
Tidus CSB/OSB, Yuna USB/BSB2, Rikku USB

FFXI (3/11)
Shantotto CSB, Curilla BSB, Lion BSB

FFXII (5/38)
Fran USB, Vaan USB/BSB, Larsa BSB, Reks BSB

FFXIII (3/39)
Vanille BSB, Lightning USB, Raines BSB

FFXIV (4/26)
Y'shtola BSB, Papalymo BSB, Alphinaud BSB/SSB

FFXV (4/11)
Noctis SSB/LMR, Iris BSB/LMR

Tactics (5/25)
Ramza USB/SSB2/SSB1, Orlandeau OSB, Rapha BSB

Type-0 (2/11)
Ace USB, Deuce BSB

pichupal fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 17, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Stopgap posted:

Are LMRs actually included in these renewal draws? The logos say they are, but Cecil's should be in the FFIV banner, as it was in the same original banner as Rosa USB and Kain OSB, and I do't see it in the list. My heart won't be broken or anything if they aren't, but I was planning a pull on XIII for LMRs for Raines and Vanille, both of whom I have legend dived and are only missing those relics, and if those aren't on the table it might change my plans for pulls. I guess we'll see tomorrow if Celes's LMR shows up.

Edited for a basic understanding of how roman numerals work.

Yeah, LMR should be included, it's more bad luck that FF1-3 don't actually have any LMR yet, and 4 and 5 got theirs after the XV event.

You just have some of the dates mixed up. Rosa USB is on there because it debuted in the Summer Fest. Cecil's USB and LMR debuted with the Edge/Rubicante event after the Gladio/Iris event.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'd add Deuce USB, LMR, and Gladio SSB to that list too. Gladio SSB is great if you have someone else in the party giving haste.

I didn't include Deuce USB just because it's only healing. The instant Y'shtola BSB entry is nice, but the Raise proc isn't very useful and a lot of other White Mage USBs offer more. Her LMR for buff duration is really just for her BSB until we know for sure if we get the new bard songs, so I didn't want to include it.

Gladio's SSB is pretty nice too if you can fit a Hastega, but I tried to limit myself in putting too many relics. It feels like Last Stand relics are a bit more common recently too? I did try to limit myself to the top picks, but XV and Type-0 just have a higher overall quality then the other banners for their SSBs.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

NaanViolence posted:

Does anyone know what the percentages are for the newest style of banner? The kind XV has.
Banners are still 14% total.

The split should be:
  • 2 6* Relics (1% each)
  • 4 BSB (1% each)
  • 3 LMR (1% each)
  • 2 SSB (2% each)
  • 1 SSB (1% - Should be the last banner item, so Noctis SSB)

The upcoming FF2 event is a step backwards with an SSB replacing a BSB and LMR from event rescheduling, then back to normal with VIII.

The VII event onwards will be swapping that 1% SSB with a 6* relic, which will be the format for a while.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 18, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
USB3 wasn't a freebee, it was the banner headliner for the Fest Banner 1. I posted the banners in this thread so I'll just quote myself.

pichupal posted:

Tyro USB3 - Party Wall, Protect, Shell and Haste
    OK USB (The magic one)
    Marche USB
    Aphmau USB
    Morrow USB
    Ramza BSB2
    Marche BSB
    Aphmau BSB
    Iris BSB
    Mog BSB
    Tyro LMR
    OK LMR
    Ramza LMR
    Aphmau LMR

All the banners were pretty great, but they're very targeted. If you have good Buffs, Ice/Lightning relics, physical Wind relics, physical earth relics or Fire/Water relics, each banner becomes less valuable.

Edit: Too slow

pichupal fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 18, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
They could be thinking of Ramza's Enholy & Shout BSB too. Either way, we've got at least 3 direct Shout upgrades out there with Quina USB, OK's Ninja USB and Ramza BSB2. Maybe Y'shtola will get a Wall USB2 to make us forget about her first one.

Speaking of Wall availability, there was also a gem-banner in Japan where you could pick an SSB or LMR, but Y'shtola and Tyro have their Wall relics available instead of an SSB. A month or two before 3rd Anniversary, I think.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 18, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Alxprit posted:

So does this new event format remove 2 Mythril from our usual rewards or what?

The leftover Mythril should be coming with the returning FFII stages from the last event, so same total.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar Draw gave me Josef's Medica SSB. :confuoot: I have Minwu's Instant Medica for II already, but I guess I'll pull it out for Ice weak stuff. He can always carry Breakdowns and Lifesiphon while waiting for Global to get that one Ice Monk skill.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Yeah. Since my most wanted relics are Noctis SSB + LMR and Iris BSB + LMR, I'm gonna do a pull on the XV renewal. I was planning on just waiting for the eventual Ignis event, but SSBs no longer show up on banners in Japan, excluding for when new characters are released. Makes it worth one shot, especially with the extra Mythril I'm grabbing from the Renewal Dungeons.

Only XV relic is the Prompto SSB I got from the dollar draw so no dupes, either. I also have a much stronger Lightning team then Earth so Gladio is a decent trade to Prompto and Aranea.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
White 5, Summon 5, Black 4, Bard 3.

Legend Spheres are White focused, getting a Dualcast White LM2.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Beasteh posted:

they've taken the meme that is Larsa being a potion spammer and uhh ran with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDzxWOWMBc4

I was so happy that Larsa's first relic was a reference to potion spam but it's getting even better.

I'm happy I went with Yuna BSB on the Crystal Tower Draw since I'll probably be pulling a lot here to try and get his relics. At least if fests and my IX bias doesn't drain my Mythril.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Bard Banner isn't that bad, they stuck Onion BSB on it. No LMR which is an odd choice. Oddly enough, it makes the banner a no pull for me with too many dupes, but it's honestly pretty nice.

Edward USB - MAG, RES & MND +30% for 25s, Haste & Magical Quick Cast 2
Mog USB - ATK, MAG, & MND +30% for 25s, Quick Cast 3
Kefka BSB2 - 8 Random Target Dark/Bio Attacks, Attach Dark and Burst Mode
  • CMD 1: 2 ST Dark/Poison Attacks, Stack Madness (max 3), cause Madness (-10/20/30% MAG) to enemy based on stack
  • CMD 2: 3-6 ST Dark/Poison Attacks, damage and hits scale with Madness stack.
Eiko BSB
Cait Sith BSB
Edward BSB
Kefka BSB1
Onion BSB
Cait Sith SSB2 - 8 ST White Non-Elemental Attacks, Party Crit +50%
Mog SSB
Edward SSB

The easiest way to think of Kefka's BSB2 is like a magical Squall BSB2, but with a MAG debuff attached. Not bad with easier sources of cast time buffs for magic like Allegro con Moto.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 25, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
They datamined another BRA BRA banner that features Mog and Deuce's USB, so they could be staggering the new relics to one of the other BRABRA events? Echo BSB could be on the way along with Edward and Mog's LMRs.

I feel like the only reason Mog BSB isn't on there is because it's a rod, and not an instrument or armor.

Edit: Whoops, it was Mog and Deuce, not Edward.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 25, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Bruceski posted:

Are people looking at future stuff, or are there banners up that I can't see?

The info seems to have come from a datamined announcement for tomorrow.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Three - Kefka, Quistis and Edgar.

Coincidentally, none of them have received a new SB in Japan for a very long time - this is Kefka's last, and Quistis/Edgar haven't gotten a new SB, let alone a LMR, for over a year.

Kefka does get another SB, but it's not even a poison SB - he gets a Dark/NE OSB and dualcast Darkness LMR that released during Superfest 2. So we could be seeing it this Winter, or in 6+ months whenever he shows up on a VI banner again in Japan.

Also, I don't think anyone brought it up (or I'm blind) but the FFII banner in Japan was released.

Biggest details are:
  • Maria getting the Earth version of Vivi USB
  • Minwu following in Arc and Rem's footsteps with an offensive USB with White double (like Vivi and Maria's Black Double for white magic) and an En-holy BSB2 and a doublecast white LMR2 (3 relics and no Medica on the banner)
  • Emperor continuing his transition from Wind to Earth with a new Enearth BSB
  • Josef getting another new Shout USB with Party ATK +50%, Haste and Guts, self Quickcast 2
  • Josef's really weird but potentially amazing LM2 - When critical HP, party full heal and Guts, self 15s Doom

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar draw got me Edea USB. I'm having pretty great dollar luck lately, with Rosa USB and Onion BSB, even if it was a dupe.

Well, sorta lucky. My third 6* mage thrower and I really don't want to hone the Witch abilities. Wish it was Laguna's instead for the ice+ gun, but I can't say no to a new 6* relic.

Still trying to decide whether to pull on the XV banner.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Mithross posted:

I don't think there's been another one in JP yet, so not for 6 months at least

All the XV events have matched up pretty well to the XV DLC releases in Japan, so Ignis will probably arrive in December with Ravus, like how Prompto came with Aranea as the side character featured in the DLC.

Maybe Ravus and Luna, actually? XV might not have enough relics for two proper banners yet but a three character debut could cover that, or it'll be like Type-0 where they just have two banners with every relic possible including SSBs.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
This one? Linking from mobile so sorry if it formats weird.

https://youtu.be/McEUiARvwWE

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

BGrifter posted:

Will there be an Onion motes XP dungeon in the upcoming crazy FF3 event with OK USB1+2? I'm trying to prioritize what to farm now that I've finished all the mythril and only have six hours left.
I think that's the event where they just gave up and stuck 12 Onion Motes in the Gyshal shop.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Terra USB, Hope OSB (dupe), Jecht BSB, Snow BSB. :toot:

Even if my fire team is already pretty stacked, I can't say no to Terra USB. Might mean instead of pulling on the Terra/Locke banner I pull on the Sabin/Strago banner. Or if we get that Terra/Yuffie fest banner, I don't think that had Terra's USB on it. Ice+ armor from Snow is nice too, and Last Stand is always nice to have.

More non-rod mage 6*s and Blitzballs though. I'd love to get some better stat sticks.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
We're apparently getting BRABRA part 2 tomorrow. Echo's BSB1 finally makes an appearance from the skipped Mobius event, Mog's LMR from JPs... 3rd? BRABRA event, and the surprising inclusion of Tyro's LMR from the skipped (or upcoming?) Superfest.

Relics:

Mog USB
Deuce USB
Faris USB2 (The debuff + Wind Imperil)
Echo BSB1 - 40% HP Medica, Party MAG/RES +30%
  • Command 1: 4-hit Lightning/NE damage
  • Command 2: AoE MAG -40%, 20% Chance of Stop (Note: Heathen Frolic Sarabande is MAG -50%)
Mog BSB
Deuce BSB
Krile BSB
Tyro LMR - Start with Instant Cast 2
Mog LMR - Stat Buff duration +30%
Deuce LMR
Faris SSB
Echo SSB1 (the Hastega)

I'd personally say this banner isn't that great, especially falling pretty close to things like FFTA. Mof and Deuce's stuff and Tyro's LMR are pretty nice, but nothing else stands out a lot.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
That sounds amazing.

I'm bracing myself for 3 LMR for SB-less characters, so I'll be happy with something better then that.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4/11

Eiko USB, Lann OSB, Snow BSB (dupe), Galuf LMR.

Don't have anything for Galuf (even if dualcast Monk is nice), and Lann's OSB sucks and will never have synergy, so my pull isreally just Eiko USB and my second ice+ armor. Still makes it a pretty nice pull though.

I do have my fingers crossed that the WoFF game announcement will justify an FFRK banner - I really did like WoFF and I'd the-love an excuse to use Lann and Reynn.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Scott's RM3 is [Reraise and DEF +20%] which can be useful in some weird setups.

Montblanc's RM2 is [Start with Haste and MAG +10%], which I believe is the first Haste RM that increases MAG compared to all the ATK ones we have

Rem's RM3 is [WHT damage +30%], which might actually be relevant if they keep giving white mages more offensive options. Using the existing weakness or holy damage RMs will be fine, unless they introduce Aero and make it White Magic.

No other big standouts. I think Kelger gets a clone of Noctis's RM3 for Auto-battling, Marcus gets a dupe of Zack's Haste and ATK/DEF +10%, Cinque is obviously getting the Heavy damage up RM, and Marche gets another Sentinel RM like Curilla, not that you'll even be using them at the same time. The Cores do get some occasionally useful Attack replacing RMs like Magus's AoE Fire/Ice/Lightning damage, Ninja's (slightly weaker) Fire Veil and Spellblade's half-strength Quake Strike.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
2/11 - Ramza USB, Agrias LMR.

I'm actually really happy with this, because Ramza USB was the only item I really wanted on here that wasn't on Orlandeau 1, so I'll just wait to pull for Marche later.

And Montblanc, I also like Orlandeau 2 better then FFTA 2.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Bruceski posted:

I'm gonna go get a lottery ticket, though it's a shame knight abilities weren't buffed in that ability rework, I already tend to hit quad-nines or close to it with Beatrix so if Marche is the same that enholy won't boost much. What's the next banner we're supposed to look forward to? I don't think I'll be spending any more mythril on this one.

The -bringer Knight abilities and the Blink Ninja abilities should be coming in... 2/3 months? Might push Marche ahead of Beatrix with the Quickcast and the jump to 5 hits - they even have pretty similar legend dives.

Next ability update details:

quote:

Leaping Rush
Thresholds: 0/7/10/13 -> 0/3/5/7 actions

Guardbringer, Earthbringer
Number of hits: 2/3/4 -> 3/4/5 (with 0/798/2736 DEF)
Multiplier per hit: 1.00 -> 0.80
Total multiplier: 2.00/3.00/4.00 -> 2.40/3.20/4.00 (with 0/798/2736 DEF)

Demonsblood
Number of hits: 2 -> 3
Multiplier per hit: 1.55 -> 1.10
Total multiplier: 3.10 -> 3.30

Raging Waters, Shadow Embodied
Number of hits: 2/3/4 -> 3/5/7 (with Physical Blink 0/1/2)
Multiplier per hit: 1.00 -> 0.70
Total multiplier: 2.00/3.00/4.00 -> 2.10/3.50/4.90 (with Physical Blink 0/1/2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If we get a new thread, I'm voting for tossing that 5* mote chart in the OP because I'm a huge dumbass that keeps forgetting to just save the image every time someone posts it.

Speaking of, it was recently updated:

https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/936130161874894848

If you scroll through the replies, there are variations that separate different types of LM2s - the * mote chart with just dualcast LMs is pretty nice too, and a chart of all the dualcast LMs by ability/element https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/936130301004103680.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 2, 2017

• Locked thread