Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The birth of a new thread is always fun and exciting.

Now back into the mythril mines we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

That's what I was asking, yes.

I don't really need anything from the banner itself and I'm saving mythril for other things, but if I get lucky on what I'm saving for then some of the elemental gear would be a nice boost.

8* Red Armlet

If it's like the first Keeper's Choice, then yeah you can choose the same relic multiple times. Get you 5 Red Armlets if you want, go nuts!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

Not necessarily - Frog Drop means you can stack it with OK BSB for a bigger boost without redundancy. Protector's Roar will still stack with it, but for a small offensive boost (but you get some slight DEF and MND boosts to go with it).

Shout is still better than Frog Drop, because you can stack it with the other ATK/MAG buffs like Deployment Tactics, but Quina and Laguna's damage versions aren't obsoleted over time.

Shout doesn't let you drop a giant frog on your enemies' heads. I don't see how it's superior. :colbert:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

For those counting at home this is the 3rd off-banner thing I've pulled in like a week. I got a Werebuster (II) from Triple Burst 5, a Tigerclaw (XIII) from Cloud OSB 1, and this from Cloud OSB 2.

I don't know why I even try sometimes. :shepicide:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Shoenin posted:

So when are the next batch of MC III's coming out?

and the next batch? and so on

Here's a handy little spreadsheet of character's Level 99 RMs seperated into tabs based on release batch, complete with tentative estimated arrival date for Global.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vfIEF4fdRIFV96z7HnqhFhmky7klCw9TcOAvv6f-ZQM/edit

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm gunning for Pencil's MC3 first myself, since he's on my A-Team and that 30% Holy Damage will be hella sexy for him to abuse, along with any other knights I end up using.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

In the latest of "for the love of everything stop pulling you idiot" I got a generic Diamond Mail (V) from Cloud OSB 1! That's 4 generics in the past week! :shepface:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

acumen posted:

This is what I did. I have his BSB and Platinum Shield - is stacking all three basically best in slot?

I don't even have any +Holy gear to use and only have his SSB and he still punches the damage cap pretty reliably with Shout and WoL's 20% Holy RM, though I've mostly been doing realm dungeons lately. In event Ultimates and poo poo I imagine the combination of all those things will put him into Holy God of Destruction territory pretty easily as well.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Lucky draw report: Just Refia's Rising Sun, which is...a bad soul break.

Oh well! It's still a 5* thrown weapon and a +10 atk for Refia, plus III synergy is rare.

Most respectably and politely I must tell you that you are very wrong. It's SSB level Single Target damage on top of Self Haste and ATK/DEF +35%. That will stick with stuff like Shout, Protector's Roar, and other multi-buffs except Hand of the Emperor and other similar buffs. Especially cool is she can stack it with her own default SB which is a +30% ATK/ACC buff, still completely unique to the entire game. Refia is able to self-buff to ridiculous levels and poo poo out damage and I'd even argue that it's just below Zell's Combat King for how good it is at allowing Lifebane abuse.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

Punisher (Fang SSB) and Raines' Gloves (Raines SSB). Not a bad pull, for drat sure; an Imperil Holy will go nicely with Celes's Lightbringer. :getin:

I'm a little :psyduck: that the gloves are an actual mage fist, though; who can use MAG-oriented fists other than Raines, Reno, and Red XIII? (Tyro excepted, of course.)

EDIT: I suppose there's an argument to be made for handing them off to ninjaspell-Yuffie, if nothing else.

Yuffie and Edge can use mage fists for Ninja shenanigans if you so choose. Later down the road we'll get Onion Knight and Vayne who can both go magic builds and use fists.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I got a duplicate Airwing and a Luminous Robe from my lucky. Somehow, despite giving no shits at all about FFT, I now have both of Ovelia's relics on hand. I should probably considering leveling her but I already have Selphie leveled with Dreamstage and have other better hastegas.

Still there's a temptation to bring her in anyways so I can dump Ramza like a bad date and just bring her Hastega along with Quina's HotE clone.

Yes I really dislike Ramza that much. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It would look mostly like this:

Swap Ramza (Shout) for Quina (Angel Snack)
Swap Minwu (Will of the White Mage) for Ovelia (Medica & Hastega)
Yuffie covers medica duty with Clear Tranquil.

I know it's stupid and just keep Ramza on the field instead but I may toy with it anyways because hey I have ALL of Ovelia's relics I might as well give her a shot at doing something.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's a shame, because the rest of that banner is really good (somewhat depending on what the burst commands are for the Emperor and Leila I guess) but a Ricard relic is a serious trap draw. Golden Armor wouldn't help me much either because I already have Apocalypse Shield. We'll see if II synergy is worth caring about in 6 months, I guess.

Leila's BSB is basically a poison version of Locke's:

1x ST Poison/Non Attack + Mug ATK/MND -20%
4x ST Poison/Non Attacks w/ Short Cast Time

Emperor's BSB commands:

4x ST Dark/Wind Magic Attacks + Medium Stun Chance
1x ST Dark/Wind Magic Attack + Absorb % of damage as HP

Both are at least pretty solid workhorse tier BSBs. Dark/Wind is an interesting combo for Emperor, wondering if he'll actually get access to any wind abilities in his skillset.

What's weird is the ATK/MND Mug on Leila. The only real use of the MND stat to her is to buff her hastega duration a bit from Captain's Command and as far as I'm aware the situations where you'd want a stacking MND break are incredibly rare. If nothing else it's yet another stacking ATK buff/debuff though.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 13, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh snap, I got Guy's SSB! It's time to speak beaver! It will pair nicely with Yuffie's Landscaper.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Schwartzcough posted:

Considering they haven't included a single summon from FFXII in the game, it's kind of insulting/funny.

They made Tiamat a 5* Wind Summon actually. :v:

Sure it's the only one but it's something.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Since it seems we're getting a free 25 mythril with Halloween and the lucky banner doesn't end until after that, I'll be waiting for that to pull on it. I'm actually pretty solid on breakdown SBs so it's not a rush for me. There is that very tiny chance of a Zidane relic though.

In the meanwhile I've been trying to mage meta the new Mote fight but it hasn't gone well. Having ExDeath's Grand Cross is a huge help though at least but it may take some effort to find a way to do this fight.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

:getin:

My horrible luck with the VII banner has been righted with getting Guy's Imperil Earth and then this. All aboard Maria's Wild Ride, Choo Choo!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I've been having a helluva good time with Maria's BSB I acquired. She was nuking Red Soul + Ogres for 7k x6 from the Break command and pretty much the same on the Ult+ fight. On the Ult++ I just had her spam Sunfire for 9999 x2 AoE.

I was aiming for Minwu's BSB because he's a favorite but hot diggity drat I'm glad I got this instead to be honest, the damage output is silly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm thinking I may do a 11 pull on the World of Final Fantasy banner depending on what it ends up looking like for us once it hits. The new stuff looks pretty neat to me and if we get Yuna's SSB2 on there that would be baller. Otherwise I'll do that Debuff Lucky I haven't done yet maybe.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh right, I'm a little late but if people are still doing the II ultimates or the Mote Dungeon I've got a Maria BSB RW set up with 481 MAG in synergy. Code is uPbF.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Can confirm that instant speed healing is bonkers good. I've survived a lot of poo poo that would probably have otherwise wiped me because I didn't have to wait for a medica cast time. It helps that Minwu has the highest base MND in the game at level 80/99 so he'll always be making GBS threads out fantastically potent medicas.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Finally did my Debuff Lucky last night before bed.

2/11: Irvine's Ulysses (Duplicate, hello 6* gun), Auron's Riot Blade

I'm quite okay with finally getting my first actual character relic for X, especially since it's a pretty great one. :toot:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Dr Pepper posted:

Is there a reason they have Ramuh so involved with Garnet's Relics?

Three of them involving summoning him.

Ramuh is the first summon that Garnet gets after having all of her eidolons forcibly extracted from her. He talks with her at length about what her power is and what that means, so it's the one summon that has significant meaning other than "I can summon this".

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Damnit. They would throw Zidane's BSB on that last banner of the Coliseum special event. :shepface:

Naturally I'm pulling for it. Naturally I'll probably get Magic Combs because I already have that SSB mastered.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The XIII series is weird because the games only get more solid gameplay wise as you get further in while the story just kind of ignites into a horrific fire as you go.

Also while Noel's skillset is kind of wonky his relics are all very solid, his BSB in particular is a great mitigation tool to have on a non-support. Serah is kind of just a stock standard black mage though sadly. Even her BSB is just a basic damage + EnSpell thing. Her second SSB is really good at least, offering MAG/MND +30% and Hastega for some delicious mage meta buff stacking.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

KnoxZone posted:

As expected, the second wave of triple broken characters arrives tomorrow. This group is all the primary female characters in games (for games like VI and XIII it becomes secondary females).

Maria is about to become even stronger :woop:

:getin:

You bet your rear end I'm gonna triple break Maria. All hail the Earth Goddess of the Apocalypse! :black101:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I think I found a new ritual. While I was at work for the midnight release of Call of Duty I did a quick single pull and got Yuna's fancy new medica. :v:

Of course this ritual only works if I'm schedule to be at work on days banners land.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'd honestly say the only 5 dooms skill that's a bummer to miss is Mug Bloodlust. All of the others range from situational to good but not great, considering they're really hard to hone. Stitch in Time is only useful on Tyro and Fujin and OK (maybe Yuffie), Aegis Strike is good in concept but not so much in execution, Penalty Snipe is just...abysmal, the dragoon one is gimmicky as hell. Snowspell Strike is fine but more 2-hit spellblade abilities come out in the future, and those are 5* so they're much easier to hone.

e: I literally forgot the samurai one existed so that should be commentary enough on how noteworthy it is, it's Fine but there is a 5* samurai skill that's just as good

Stitch in Time is better than people give it credit for honestly. I did the crazy thing and honed it to R2 for Yuffie and it's been great even just as a damage tool. Instant cast damage is wonderful and it hits hard enough to be useful even in Ult fights. Plus when I do want to have Yuffie bring a Ninja scroll there's like 0 need to regear her for MAG since the splash of MAG from her SSB relic plus the Stitch in Time buff is more than sufficient to hit the Ninja MAG softcap.

You also forgot Monk's Lifebane, which is super good in certain circumstances where you have a monk that can get their ATK through the clouds, such as Zell or Refia with their SSBs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh hey, I got Rydia's SSB from my 100 gem. I will look forward to unleashing Papa Odin on my hapless foes. :getin:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm happy for a unique, cool BSB but I'm absolutely drowning in a sea of White Mage relics these days.

My list now includes:

Selphie's Strange Vision BSB
Selphie's Dreamstage SSB
Vanille's Miracle Prayer SSB
Vanille's Oerba's Boon SB
Vanille's Deprotectga SB
Yuna's Miracle Prayer SSB
Minwu's Will of the White Mage SSB
Minwu's Teleport XVI SB
Eiko's Flames of Rebirth SSB
Cait Sith's Moogle Dance SSB (Does he count as a White Mage?)

I... I think I'm good on White Mage relics game.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Well, in light of...recent events...I may be playing this game less in the coming months as I scramble to find employment and head back to Canada before they get their poo poo together and start stripping me of human rights. :smith: Best of pulls to all of you, and to you Americans who are gender, sexuality, religious, or racial minorities...godspeed.

I'm with you friend. I'll still be out and proud as always but I'm terrified. Sending love and hugs to everyone in the coming storm.

In an attempt at on topic discussion, I think my mage meta team has surpassed my actual A Team by a mile. Having sheepsong and strange vision to stack MAG to the sky along with Maria BSB and Russia SSB for some sweet DEF and aoe damage... man I can't wait to take this for a spin.

Edit: Phone posting hazards. I meant Rydia SSB but I'm leaving that auto correct because it's hilarious.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 9, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Decided to do a triple on the Smol banner with the Whack-A-Monster mythril because hey my mage meta team is getting stacked as hell might as well try to stack it more.

Didn't get anything mage relevant but I did get Relm's Luminous Robe. That Hastega + 50% Crit will be delicious on my physical team. Also means I'm totally ditching Ramza for Quina or Leon. A good day indeed.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm a little late to the best BSBs discussion but I don't think I saw any mention of Selphie. The 30% MAG/MND combo buff on entry makes her an incredibly good anchor for a mage team. Especially if you have something like Sheepsong to go on top of it. Plus she can contribute some very respectable damage with the first command which doubles as a dispel, meaning you don't have to fit that in your ability slots.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Reporting in that my Black Friday Lucky was a 1/11 with Tifa's Oversoul.

Most would say "oh that's mostly meh", but my earth team just got even better. Between Tifa, Maria, and Guy I'm gonna smash all the things! :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Looking for some advice after rolling Tifa and Zidane BSBs -

These are literally the only 2 damaging BSBs I have with my main damage right now being Tidus OSB. otherwise I was relying on Balthier doing his Fire debuff SSB and doing firaga strikes afterwards and lightning doing power chain full charge combo in between SSBs.

So right now it's looking like my damaging party is Tidus, Zidane, Tifa.

Tidus is great. He can do power chain full charge if I want or he can do the Shooter skills which are boosted by his OSB. His OSB hits very hard too.

Zidane is also great. Nice skill set, Thief 5 is always welcome. His burst is stat steals which are great (the boost one doesn't stack with shout but it's still a debuff) and I think it all stacks with the 6* thief skill too. Or just a standard Thief's Revenge/Lifesiphon is good on him. Altogether I think I'll be using him for some time.

Tifa... I can't figure out. Like literally no skills other than combat and Monk. I guess monks are getting better skills now at least. Her burst is a standard 4hit/2hit aoe... Of earth damage? And she boosts earth? That new monk skill that does earth doesn't stack with shout either.

I'm starting to think I should use OK burst instead of shout and have Tifa and Zidane benefit from stacking their attack buffs ?

The Meteor Crush monk skill doesn't stack with Shout, no, but it's the same 50% so it will not step on Ramza's toes at all. It's still a solid 2 hit attack without that boost attached so using it for damage isn't really that big a deal. It's the same deal with Zidane's burst command. The benefit you could have to using an OK BSB is that those will stack together, and in Tifa's case it means she can potentially hit the threshold for 5 hits on Lifebane.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

1/11 for my 3rd copy of Vanille's Physician's Staff.

Well, I have a god-tier white mage staff and later on when I'm not broke on gil I'll make it an 8*.

I'm a little disappointed at nothing new but I can't complain about having a super stat stick. :toot:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Okay. But. Support Soul Breaks are basically never about the damage in the first place, it's about the utility. :shrug:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh hey, I got General Leo's SSB from a triple pull. :toot:

Not only is it a fancy Imperil Holy, it's also pretty drat bitchin' as far as SSBs go. I'm content with this outcome.

Also it means I can do the hilarious and make Selphie an offensive white mage in a holy team because I also have a 7* Physician's Staff which has +Holy on it. :getin:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I realized I had enough eggs to take Maria straight to 99 and immediately did so with no regrets.

Reliably hitting 6 hit Break casts in my mage team is the stuff of dreams. :iia:

Once she finally masters the BSB I can start giving her event relevant synergy for my RW, hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Don't discount Leo's SSB on this banner either. It's got the cool feature of adjusting its damage output based on the number of targets so it's always going to do relevant damage whether you bring it to an AoE or a ST fight. To be more specific it does 480/540/600/750 potency to 4/3/2/1 targets respectively. The Imperil Holy is the cherry on top.

• Locked thread