Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
A few other useful links:

This Stack of Infographics helpfully shows off important stat breakpoints, stacking buff combinations, and elemental and status resist or boosting relics.

Upcoming translated banners can always be found up to date here.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com Has become pretty useful, along with KBP, as a more generalized knowledge base and news site for the game.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

I could do it with native wall, proshellga and one of my medicas easily because I can take them out fast enough one by one. I just don't have native wall. Or a lot of aoe.

I do happen to have Crystal Cross for Yuffie though..and I could make a couple Aegis Strikes and veils...hmmm.

If you want I can put up an FF8 geared Lightning RW that should be able to near singlehandedly clear waves two and three with maybe a biongrenade and a summon to back it up.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dr Pepper posted:

Huh, I just noticed there's a big hole in my FFIX Synergy. Both of the IX characters that have Support can only use Daggers and Spears.

My IX Physical Synergy is two swords.

The Dagger of Resolve is the best weapon Freya and Quina can equip.

Man now I'm tempted to pull on the net IX Banners. Which, of course, has relics for both of them. But they have it set up so that both banners each only have one Spear, which is what'd I want.

Overall the second Banner looks more tempting to me. No dupes on that one, plus Zidane and Vivi's BSB's look amazing (And Zidane's would even help with my IX Support issue.), plus Angel Snack is a HoTE Clone, always good.

The first 9 banner is a much stronger banner overall. Quina's hairpin is a Shout magnitude boostga, Eiko and Beatrix bursts are legit...

Not to mention a strong Freya SSB spear, Kuja's enDark gloves, and a second holy sword in Steiner's Excalibur. Banner two doesn't come close.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 9, 2016

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dr Pepper posted:

But I want a spear. :qq:

The spear on banner one is better than the spear on banner two.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

That would be cool. I can probably annihilate the U+ due to holy vulnerability, but I just can't quite stay alive well enough in the U to clear it without a ton of reloads and going through a 10 minute first round to build up gauge (or using a mythril and hoping I can actually clear it before monday). Closest I have gotten is about 1/2 through the last wave. It's not entirely out of reach, just a huge pain to get.

I got all this up to about here. My best multi-target soul breaks are Yuffie and Exdeath's SSBs. Actually, I think those are my only relic AoE SBs.

9qBd is Lightning with ~515 FF8 synergy attack, Crushing Blow, and +20% thunder damage.

Good luck!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

IT'S FINALLY DEAD AFTER LIKE 70 ATTEMPTS.

Screw trying to master it though. I was 1 medal off.

Grats!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I would love a Y'shtola BSB but it would kind of conflict with her being my only source of Wall :(

Honestly, there's enough other mitigation, now and coming, that, while Wall never stops being amazing (obviously), the tuning of fights is such that it's much less of a universal mandatory at this point, and there are often compelling reasons to, say, prioritize medicas and such over it. Even more so nice stuff like the Yshtola Burst shows up with damage shield effects or stuff like guts that make OHKO's avoidable without spamming SG all the time.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

My Keeper's Choice 2 pull was pretty lackluster. I was hoping for a Shout or a Wall, but instead got Excalibur (V) and Terra's Stardust Rod. I know I should be thankful to have a second BSB, but I rarely use black mages and seem to get the most relics for them.

Well then, if you have so many relics for them, consider using them more? We're at the beginning of the era of stacking +Mag buffs and mixed parties and chaingas. No reason to shackle yourself to shout anymore.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zebia posted:

I have three relics on the ragnarok banner (but no ragnarok), two relics from the keeper's choice banner (Shout but no SG), and one relic from the newest FF7 banner. Should I pull from one of these or just wait until the next OSB?

No, don't pull on these unless you're desperately fiending for +fire damage armor from the keepers choice. (And even then, don't, it's a bad reason to pull on it's own.)

That said, waiting for the next OSB release isn't neccesarily the right call either. (Though it might be). The Eiko 1 banner in a few days is very strong. Especially if you have Tidus's burst, or still want/need a +holy sword for your Knights to use everywhere.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Mastered the CM. Hard Mode: my only mage relic for FF7 is a green M-phone. (Easy mode: I have... a bunch of other FF7 gear for physical dudes)

RW: Celes Burst
Tifa with double lifesiphon that she never used, Burning Arrow, a shared medica, and Ace Striker, mostly used holy damage burst commands.
Zack with PC/FC and his Hastega SSB and Mako Might
Barrett with Power and Magic Breakdown
Cait Sith with Protectga, Curaja, Moogle Dance (full breakdown + heavy regen), and Dr. Mog
Cid with Dragoon Combo and Hyper Jump

Main thing was being conscious of his HP/ when the core would close and being careful not to waste, say, a Dragoon Jump when the magic breakdown that would close it was half cast. Once I had that timing down and was able to not waste skills I'd need later, it was reasonably straightforward; just took a little bit of luck with minimal stamp out casts after that.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, I felt like proving a point, so I just did the U++ CM again with no soul breaks.

Yeah, Cait Sith has a green mphone equipped, but all he did was dance and I didn't use his SB. He could've had Excalipoor for all it mattered. Aeris has her Healing Wind Cura level medica, but the boss died before she had a full SB bar.

Basically, I used a Hope BSB RW, Yuffie had Mental Breakdance, Cait Sith Full Breakdance and Magic Breakdance. Reno summoned the RW on round 1 while Vincent used Memento Mori, Vincent used it on round 2. With the BSB's enholy, Full Break and Mental Break on the boss, and two extremely dated synergy rods (they both had about 450 MAG total), Reno was doing ~25k and Vincent was doing ~30-35k per cast of the Hope burst command 1. With about 5 casts from each of them, that's about 250k damage. Throw in another 20k from the two Burst entries and Memento Mori, and Yuffie hitting for 6.5k with Fire Veil (350 Mag + RM does serious work), and down went the boss.

Griefor posted:

Is there a trick to this? I'm very far from where most of you guys are but I've had some of the battles with timed conditions (like an enemy that swaps elemental weakness), and it'll go enemy switches to weak to fire -> I queue a fire attack -> fire attack charges -> enemy switches weakness to ice -> attack goes off. Same with that FF6 snail that you cannot attack while his head is inside the shell. I really dislike (short!) windows of opportunity that need to be exploited with charged attacks. Because this always happens to me.

The core closes at 66/33% HP (or maybe 75/25? Something like that - I trial and errored it a bit. I'm sure the reddit Enemy AI thread has the exact numbers.) which makes it fairly easy to judge by watching his health bar and knowing what your outgoing damageis like.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mercury Crusader posted:

In retrospect, I could've replaced Tyro with Vanille who has a better Medica, and I forgot to give Y'shtola fire resist gear, but I was half-asleep while setting this up. Between Blood of Espers Terra and Bestial Roar Vincent, it was a pretty easy fight. Not sure if I can pull off the Cid's Mission on this with most of my synergy being physical, but whatever.

See my post above. Not only can you pull off the cid mission with that gear, you might actually have it easier than me.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bilperkins2 posted:

What's the next good FFX banner? I did some accounting and besides I/II/III, X is the only realm where I don't have an SSB or BSB. I'm ok on synergy because I have Tidus's Slice & Dice and Spiral Cut swords, but those SB's are underwhelming now so looking to spend on the next good FFX banner.

Tidus OSB, about a month out. Has Wakka's burst as well which is v. good.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

NGDBSS posted:

It can also help to have some form of Magic Blink, which allowed Ovelia to save my rear end with Princess's Prayer.

On the topic of U++ Diamond Weapon, how onerous is it to expose his core? My physical team is probably better equipped, but at the same time eight attacks just to open it up for each of two phases sounds like it'd take a while. (So far as weakness-targeting SBs go, I have Pecil's holy BSB and Papalymo's fire/swiftcast SB.)

It's a PITA but doable if you have the healing/mitigation. It's a waste of two turns all around unless you give somebody retaliate and several other people double cut/TF/materia. Which is a waste in its own right, but I guess you can expose he core a little faster.

Honestly, just get a Hope burst RW, bring a bunch of dancers and go to town.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Multi-hit attacks only count as one hit towards the core being exposed, actually. Doctor Mog even says this specifically in the hints, and I went through it myself when Yuffie's 8 hit Bloodfest only brought the count down by 1.

Retaliate off of doublecut is an exception. It's enormously wasteful of slots though, really seriously don't do this unless you're, say, giving Seph the 6* samurai skill anyway to complement a R5 lifesiphon and SSB or something.

And still even then, don't do it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

kalensc posted:

My VII armors are all Res-based so I'm a bit short in the Def department and thinking of bringing the Atk-Down Dance. Did you need that 2nd ability (Gust?) on Yuffie at all, or could you have gotten by with just the Swift Bolts?

I ran it with this comp:

with a hope BSB; that said, the extra dance for Yuffie was Mental Breakdance, not power. With Protectga and Multi Break I had enough mitigation for Aeris to heal through it and mainly just needed to get it over before he could cast too many AE's.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

kalensc posted:

You used Sheepsong or Hope's BSB?

Hope burst. Memento Mori on Vincent was the only Mag boost I had; he was doing ~35k damage per cast of hope burst button 1 with that up and Mental Breakdance. Reno was doing about 25k per cast. Yuffie was doing about 6.5k with fire veil. Only haste I had was butstmode and Aeris's autohaste.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Uncle Ulty posted:

I have all of the Record Materia that I can currently get. Anything that I don't have yet requires leveling characters to 65 and breaking the cap. So I always run with characters that get me closer to that goal.

Farming dailies the rest of the week is worth about 2/3rds of a Sunday.

Sounds like you've got a concrete objective to work towards!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

kalensc posted:

Yeah my VII gear is terrible for this boss, it's almost entirely fists, swords, Planet Protector, and Res+ armor. WIll need to try the Hope BSB RW method to avoid spending a huge amount of orbs.

Neat, thanks. I'm a bit short damage-wise (31k~ from Vincent, 21k from Reno), so hopefully I can pull it off.

Alexander on Vincent and Meltdown on Reno should be plenty to cover the last two or three rounds and finish him off.

You've got ~255k damage from those two bursts, plus, let's be conservative and say another 25 from both entries and Memento mori. That's 280k. He has 310k HP. Let's say you can squeeze out 20k of damage from Yuffie doing ninja magic. That's 300k. One more 9999 v weakness is all you need then. And if Yuffie isn't pulling hr weight, Alexander or Meltdown will.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dr Pepper posted:

The main reason I'm apprehensive about Eiko 1 is that I'm really afraid I'll only get a third Wizard Rod.

Getting a third of an item is very good now. Twice as good as getting a second.

Getting a fourth blows though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dr Pepper posted:

You can give it to Jecht and have him use Memento Mori and Dark Zone. :eng101:

You joke but I absolutely one hundred percent did this for the Magus Sisters Cid Mission.

(Okay I don't have the Cid fist so he carried Ashe's sword. Same difference.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

As of now, I don't think I have any Lightning-based BSB's except for Rinoa's and I don't think she can use the shield anyway.

There's also the new 5* Dragoon skill in a few weeks that is Lightning damage and is absolutely insane.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

I'm not likely to carry multiple Dragoons on a team though- so I'd be better to have an 8* armor than multiple 5* ones, right?

Oh I didn't realize you had three of them.

Yeah, in general, two of an item, keep seperate, 3 of an item, combine, is the proper MO in this era, IMO, so long as you can afford the dark matter and Gil.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

I can't put together a decent black mage party for Diamond Weapon. All I have for mag is Hope's Skycutter. I do, however, have 3 whm medica relics, a shared mnd medica relic, 5 characters of decent level that can cast Diaga (Celes, Tyro, Selphie, Lenna and Vanille), enough orbs to make a good number of Diaga r2s, and Vanille's ability restoration medica. If I made a full Diaga party with Hope's BSB RW, is that liable to be enough damage to finish the battle? I think between 4 medicas, two magic blinks, shellga, and +50% res I could weather a good bit of damage, so I'm a bit more worried on the killing front.

E: And maybe I'll get Hamelin so I'll have 5 medicas? Who knows.

Honestly? You're better off having a Darkness 5 mage cast Memento Mori and then summon a Hope BSB roaming warrior. Even without synergy gear, with MM, you should be able to get that burst to provide somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-225k damage out of the 310 needed to kill the boss over ~13 rounds. It also helps to bring a Dancer or two to do Multi Break, Magic Breakdance, and Mental Breakdance. Tyro and Lenna can fill that role for youand bring good relics for good measure it sounds like

If you can't do ~100k damage over 13 rounds across 4 characters (well, okay, 3, someone needs to heal), I question how you can unlock a U++ fight at all.

Fake edit: oh, and give that Hope thrown to a Ninja and give them Fire Veil or Swift Bolt. I did the CM with Yuffie carrying an FF2 Bow (so comparable Mag) and once the core closed, Fire Veil was hitting for 6500.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
For reference:

Assuming Mental Breakdance and Full Breakdance and Memento Mori:
With 350 Mag, a number achievable with a level 80 Edea using non-synergy Mnd centric weapon (selphie's Scorpion Tail, so 100 Mag), non-synergy hat (Oath Veil), and an FF7 +30 Mag Accessory, you can expect to do about 265k damage with the burst over 12 rounds.

At 400 Mag (a number Vincent at 80 and synergy comes up just short of with similar gearing), you can expect about 300-325k, or, in other words, effectively solo the boss and use four other slots for mitigation and debuffs and whatever.

If one of those Mnd rods you have happens to be + holy, you can equip that and the required Mag threshold becomes even more trivial.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

That's...pretty crazy actually. And I could put on Celes' atk/mag buff too to bump that up even more. Doubling up on offense stat buffs has been pretty staple for my high difficulty fights, it's just usually Shout+Song.

With Keeper's Tome (the highest mag item I have), Memento Mori, Maria's Song, Braska's Robe and Amulet (I don't have any ff7 mag accessories) Tyro should hit ~434 mag. Vanille's Staff is about 40 less mag base than the tome but +holy, and then the +holy from Braska's Robe. I could also stick on attunement I guess if I don't need anyone else to do things, and just have someone else cast shellga and protectga. That would save a startup round and let me give Mog's to Selphie to retain magic blinking goodness or to Lenna for +50% res which will probably help a lot since I don't have native wall. If I take attunement I'm feeling like the extra mag from the tome would probably be better, and that it might be better that way anyway. And if what you say is correct, it's going to be well into overkill either way, so it would save me some upgrade mats for the time being since Vanille's staff is still 1/20.

I just gotta get the last 3 major dark orbs for multibreak. And also pray I can weather the damage.

E: The only other Dark 4+ user I have with any levels is Cid Raines, and he can't use anything to get mag nearly as high right now.

You don't need Shellga - Protectga and Magic Breakdown dance should be plenty of mitigation (along with everyone in the back row. Same with Lenna's +Res being useless. Lots of Magic Blinks is real good though and will carry you through a lot of the incoming damage.

Honestly, having anyone other than Tyro doing the Hope burst summoning will more than cover the loss of 40 Mag from not using the book. And you get to use a +holy weapon besides. So have someone other than Tyro be your DPS machine. That frees him up to cover protectga, a Magic Blink, and lots of dancing. So much dancing.

Edit; if you have Braska's Robe and can egg him and use him, his SB will More than make up for not having Memento Mori. Rapidcast high regen and +30 % MAG will absolutely own on this fight.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 13, 2016

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

I'm running short on eggs and want to save a few if I can get Eiko or Beatrix's BSBs. Plus my mag weapons and hones are all garbage right now, so using him as something other than a Hope BSB target is kind of questionable, and I can already get more mag out of Tyro more than likely.

Fair enough - you can probably still get more Mag out of one of your surplus of white mages than Tyro. Like, at level 80, Celes literally has fifty two more Mag than Tyro. And she can use that +holy Rod with 40 less Mag. I can't emphasize this enough, don't have Tyro be your hope BSB user.

And don't underestimate that Braska robe of yours. It's literally the best Faithga item in the game if you have some other source of Haste. And if you don't have some other source of haste, it's still nearly equivalent to something like sheepsong thanks to fastcast. I'd honestly prioritize it over leveling Eiko because you got her burst, and maybe even Beatrix.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

You're probably right. I was getting caught up on having Memento Mori. Also, now that I am looking at it without synergy bonuses from the dungeon I was in, I realized I screwed up decalculating the synergy and it is the same as the other WHM items, a bit higher than I thought. SO.

Right now my Celes has 149 base mag, 50 more than Tyro. And she's my highest base mag character by a good margin (Lenna is second at 124). Taking out Memento Mori and adding in Mana's Paen puts Celes at 427 and +40% (can't take attunement because I need Mog's for song) vs 434 and +40% for Tyro. So I think that would work out well and give me back having 2 magic blinks I can use without interrupting the burst damage fest.

My magic hones are terrible right now, so +Mag doesn't have a lot of general applicability to me right at this exact moment. By now I do have Quistis's Mighty Guard whip, and exdeath's magic blink SSB in addition to Braska's robe though. So I could probably put together a somewhat cohesive sb set for a mage team if I did have better blm hones. I could even add in Yuffie probably for a grand total of 3 magic blink SBs and 1 physical blink SB. This is all my black magic right now for reference:

Also thanks for all the help everyone.

Yuffie with Fire Veil, whatever dance Tyro isn't carrying and that Hope boomerang will absolutely own the poo poo out of whatever leftover non burst DPS you need and bring a magic blink for good measure on this fight. Recommended.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

Here's what I'm thinking now:

Celes: Drain Strike, Diaga, Maria's Song (Mog'd)
Selphie: Memento of Prayer, Curaga, Dreamstage
Tyro: Haste, Faith, Keeper's Tome (Mog'd)
Lenna: -res dance, Curaga, Pride of Tycoon
Yuffie: -mag dance, Fire Veil, Gauntlet

And I'll give Yuffie the Skycutter, which should get close to softcapping the veil too with the buffs. Also attunement.

Keep in mind that Burst Mode grants haste and your dancers don't really need haste, and honestly your healer probably doesnt either.

Otherwise looks good.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

I figure it's worth building magic/physical blink faster just in case after the faiths are dispensed.

You'll get more blinks in less time by giving Tyro wrath or lifesiphon or something for dead turns.
Edit: well, not lifesiphon, but probably a spell or ninja spell that hits fire or lightning.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

NaanViolence posted:

How much of an upgrade are the four star spellblade skills over their three star cousins?

I know it's common advice to hone up the three star ones when you're new and orbs are scarce, but I have a lot more orbs than I used to and honing the fours is no longer a laughable proposition. Is there any reason not to do this?

EDIT: Also - is there a list of characters that can hit five attacks with Thief's Revenge? I'm wondering if crafting it for Faris is a good idea.

Everyone that can use TR other than Tyro, Leila, and Vaan can get five hits at level 80. None can at 65 AFAIK. Vaan can with synergy or during Burst mode. They all can at level 99 except for Tyro I think. (Might be due to a forthcoming Leila buff. Don't remember.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah but I have lunatic howl, which if I'm rw'ing hope's bsb is my only source of hastega. I guess I'll just try and deal with only the full break dance. Once I get that fire resist, his absurd damage should be far more manageable.

There's absolutely no need for a hastega. Dances last long enough that there's no need to haste them and burst mode grants haste. I had Aeris with an autobaste RM for faster heals and that was plenty.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sprite141 posted:

Son of a bitch. Everyone who doesn't use hastega for this ultimate ++ is insane. It absolutely means life or deth if you can't heal at least once in between attacks when you have a stupidly strong boss poo poo out aoes. I'm gonna forgo shellga as I didn't realize it was all resistance piercing, and instead give caitsith a natural hastega with a haste. Also put the power breakdown dance on yuffie, that stamp out is nuts.

Magic Breakdance, Full Breakdance and everyone in the back row should be more than enough mitigation to keep all of his hits manageable. Power Breakdance can help if Stamp Out is wrecking you. An auto Haste on your healer isn't a bad idea. Hastega is not going to help much.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sprite141 posted:

Nope. I did it with hastega before and no dances, I was able to keep healing up but his aoe's were not manageable. Without hastega and the dances, the aoe's were more than survivable, but when your healer can only heal one dude in-between aoes, you loose people fast. So I'm doing both, and having vincent use both charges of the rw.

Seriously, hastega is a huge part of the trinity. Haste is not an easy piece of the trinity to ditch, not at this level. At the very least, my healers absolutely need it as well as my one damage dealer.

Edit: I ran out of hope's bsb rw'ers so I guess I'll have yo wait until tomorrow to finish this. I kept getting to the last 50k or so before being killed, so this should be simple now.

I'll say this one last time.

Your healer can use an auto haste RM. They are good and work five.

Burst mode grants haste to your damage dealer(s).

I'm not disputing the value of haste. I am disputing the value of AOE haste given the other tools this strategy requires.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Someone already mentioned it, but Roulette's going to be obnoxious as gently caress this event, isn't it?

Eh, it's a total of six trash stages that you would otherwise be able to auto through. Paying attention to my phone for 45 seconds isn't the end of the world.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bizarre deformity posted:

I couldn't beat the Ultimate++ :negative: maybe I should swap Cloud out for someone with a better SSB or BSB, but he and Locke couldn't do enough damage fast enough without my mitigation wearing off. Maybe swap in Zidane with shift break? Also, the parts where you have to attack 8 times loving suck.

On an unrelated note, this FFIX banner seems really great. I have good FFIX stuff already, but it would be cool to get more...

Do you have any, even just one, FF7 magic weapons?

Do you have any, even just one, Darkness Mage at level 80 or close to it that can use said weapon?

Grats, you can clear the U++. Get thee a Hope BSSB RW, some dancers, a healer or two, and maybe a ninja for some backup damage.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Armitage posted:

Payday, so it was time to fulfill my promise to dena and whale on the FF7 banner! I had 25 mythril so I bought gems to make up the difference. I will have 300 gems left over. Let's do some 100 gem pulls first....

:vince:

100 gem pull on second FF7 banner...

Vincent becomes useful!

FF9 banner 100 gem pull gets me nothing. Let's do the 11 pull on the Ragnarok banner!

:tviv:

Grats on the strongest of swords.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Kylra posted:

Actually hold up. Can you get more than 5 attacks out of a magic BSB if you have instant cast 3 in there somewhere?

Should work, yeah.

Also give Celes Drain or Drainga instead of drain strike. (Not that it matters you'll never cast it.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So what should I use this Rosetta Stone on? Do I wait for a really good OSB or something, or just use it on a weapon that I use a lot? I'd hate to upgrade a weapon that ends up being obsolete soon, especially since these stones seem super rare, but I also don't want to let them collect dust in my inventory forever while I keep telling myself something better is coming soon.

In general, you have two parallel priorities for weapons best served by Rosetta stones.

1) They'll do the most good on weapons that are already your strongest such that you use them in other realms. Think OSB or BSB weapons combined up to +/++/+++. (Related, you almost never want to use them on weapons that aren't at least SSB quality to begin with. Unique SB Items can carry 15 of them. SSB/BSSB can carry 20. OSB weapons can take 25. It's a bad idea to use Rosetta stones on an item that can't take as many of them as possible.

2) Related to 1), the best weapons to use in any realm regardless of synergy are the ones that boost elemental damage. Especially elemental damage linked to Multi-hit attacks. That means Excaliburs/Lightbringers (holy swords) are super attractive targets. So will be Thunder damage weapons once the new multi hit Dragoon skill lands next month. Any Wind/Ice weapons if you're on the Snowstorm Strike plan are very strong. Or water weapons once Shooter skills hit.

You get the idea. Similarly, if you have a great SB for a character with very limited weapon options (the canonical example here is Sephiroth who can only use Katanas), Rosettaing a weapon of that type for that character is very useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pander posted:

I have Terra's Fire Beam.

To maximize Chain Firaga fun, should I do a Tyro's Selection banner roll to get the fire armlet (I don't have any other fire boosting gear)?

Not unless you also want the items from the relic draw. The bonus pool items are not worth 50 mythril in their own right.

• Locked thread