Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

You can only pick a bonus item once on the Keeper's Choice banners, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think he's asking could he, for example, choose multiple oath's veils, one each time, or do they have to be different?

That's what I was asking, yes.

I don't really need anything from the banner itself and I'm saving mythril for other things, but if I get lucky on what I'm saving for then some of the elemental gear would be a nice boost.

8* Red Armlet

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 9, 2016

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So for record diving, I can pretty much throw 3-star motes around like candy since you can buy more from the ghysal shop every time it renews, right? I mean obviously I'd only spend them on characters I intend to use a lot, but do I need to be stingy with them at all like I would with 4-star motes?

Motes refresh in the shop monthly, not weekly.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Ovelia SSB, Vanille SSB, and Mustadio SB. Ehhhh, more medicas for CM content coverage I guess? I have 7 now, 3 with m-blink but 2 of them are FF4 and 2 are FFT.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Managed to beat the FF7 CM using the Hope BSB strat that was posted. Had almost no synergy gear and ended up using a Mythril refresh. Vincent's SB armor ended up being pretty clutch, as it enabled him to hit with the BSB command for 9999 when combined with Memento Mori.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Was banking up for this banner. Really wanted both Eiko and Beatrix BSBs. Dumped 200 mythril and was rewarded with 1 Kuja's gloves, 1 Garnet Staff, 2 Freya spears, 3 Quina hairpins, and 1 Eiko staff. Only half of what I wanted, but an 8* haripin is pretty sick. I can live without Beatrix' BSB, just means I'll save for Agrias or Pencil instead.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 14, 2016

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Upgraded my RW from Delita +crit to Eiko +crit: QKq6

Currently set for FF9 synergy. Will have her up to 80 on Sunday.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Fore purely selfish reasons I wish Faris' BSB was water elemental instead of physical, or at least the ATK/DEF commands were. One of them uses the waterga animation anyway!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

ETB posted:

And the other one is a tidal wave, so...

I just want some synergy for that 8* Golden Hairpin! I mean, other than Bartz first BSB command. I guess I could pull for Tidus... but I'm down to 100 mythril after chasing Eiko & Beatirx BSBs and now I want to save up for Onion Knight.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

ETB posted:

You might as well try to go full Tidus! Embrace his laughter as he washes his foes to death.

I at least do the discount dollar pull on each banner, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

gently caress Kaiser Dragon. I can beat him no problem but I've been at it for almost 2 hours now reloading to get the stupid lightning/water weakness mastery conditions. Basically, gently caress these "exploit a weakness the boss might not even go into" mastery conditions in general.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

Anything good on these upcoming FF 2 banners?

Firion and Maria BSBs. Firion's is a single target multi-hit physical/holy damage. The attack command does more hits each time you use it but has a long cast time while the defend command removes cast time from his next action, so you alternate cast combo them like powercharge/full charge. Maria's is single target multi-hit earth magic with en-earth. The attack command does single target multi-hit earth attacks with the number of hits increasing with the user's MAG stat. The defend command doe AoE earth damage and increases the users MAG while reducing DEF. Again, a pseudo-combo where you want to use the defend command first.

Also a whole tier of single-target earth black magic is being added so we're no longer stuck using quake or fat chocobo (or specific RWs like Hope or Rinoa) to satisfy medal conditions.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 20, 2016

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Inge posted:

Full charge really needs an instant cast skill to shine - obviously Powerchain is the prime example for those characters that can use it, but pretty soon we'll be getting Onion Knight RWs popping up everywhere, which includes an 4x physical + instant cast BSB command which will probably work nicely with it. Plus, about half the characters in the game can use it so there's that. It's a great ability, no-frills SB level damage in a tidy package.

Isn't it preferable to just self-chain OK's BSB commands?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Kraken down! :toot: would have gone down yesterday if I'd known whether mog's hint meant my left or the monster's...

To be fair, mob names show up underneath them when a fight starts, and the tentacles are named "Right Tentacle" and "Left Tentacle".

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

For those wanting to crush the U fight, I set my RW to level 80 Lightning with FF12 synergy and a Kaiser Shield. Will take out all the little adds in 2 casts and do about 2/3 of the bosses health to boot. QKq6

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

:stare: The FF12 U fight dropped a 6* power crystal for me :stare:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Shock Trooper posted:

ahahaha, Hit and Run worked wonders on the U++. It's super easy to build up SB bars for him because his first action is always Haste, followed by a physical attack that usually does less than 1000 to someone in the back row. I nuked the poo poo out of him with Vaan and Pencil BSB's, had Agrias doing Cleansing Strike and Saint Cross, Tyrone doing Breaks, and Eiko BSB to heal and raise everyone's crit rate. He ended up Stopping Eiko immediately after she got the BSB off, but that was the best person he could have Stopped because I didn't need any more healing and just continued to barf damage at him. I never even used my second RW Shout cast. I tell ya, I'm super blessed to have gotten Vaan BSB and Agrias Cleansing Strike on that Debuff Lucky Banner.

Using an MC3 lode on Vaan was nice too because he couldn't get 5-hit Thief's Revenge outside of FF12 realms before (or unless he had Burst active...). I realized that I'd been building up a bunch of motes I hadn't been using so I started buffing up Vaan further, and figured I may as well give Eiko some buffs since she's my go-to healer now... except she apparently doesn't have Record Drive access. What? Wasn't the last FF9 event focused on Eiko, with her on the banner, even though she wasn't a new character... and she didn't get Record Drive access? Okay...

Yeah, Eiko lacking Record Drive is super-annoying. I had the same thing happen because I got her BSB off the event and switched her over to my main healer because of it.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 2, 2016

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Zebia posted:

What am I missing here? I cast the RW twice and didn't even take off half of their health.

Ohhhh... I had her actually in my team and thus getting buffed by Shout. drat, I didn't think of that. I hope you were able to still beat the fight. If not, sorry I caused you to waste a bunch of stamina :(

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Grimalkin posted:

If Tidus equips both Apocalypse and Golden Hairpin, does that only count as one small boost to water damage? What about if he also equips Dreamguide RM for "much more water damage?" Does that stack with the small boost(s) or does one replace the other? What about if he is then infused with the power of water?

I have no idea how elemental boosts play together!

It all stacks and is what makes him so sickly powerful.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Blaaaaa, an SB for Zack, Irvine, and Reno. That's a big ol' turd pull.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Schwartzcough posted:

Don't forget RMs that boost MND by a percentage. An extra 20% MND on base 500 can get you a not insignificant amount of additional time.

I had Selphie up over 600 MND because of this. Omega didn't even get a single turn. Native Inaugural Parade from Edea and an Ashe BSB RW. Easiest "difficult" boss ever.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

pilgrim tyro :3:

Needs to be a wardrobe record.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Alxprit posted:

It's called Orb Exchange, not Crystal Exchange. Geez, guys...

That doesn't preclude that you could exchange orbs for crystals, or vice versa. As long as orbs are on at least 1 side of the exchange.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Multiplayer ATB-based Final Fantasy is hella fun!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Do enough Onion Motes drop to unlock all his record spheres, or do I have to be picky? I only see the ones available from the CID missions, and that definitely isn't enough.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Edly posted:

According to the in-game event description you can farm them from the EXP dungeon I think.

Oh good, I was planning on farming the exp dungeon anyway. Thanks!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Saved up 150 Mythril and waited for the lucky banner before pulling.

Lucky banner got me Noel and Balthier. Not the best, but no complaints. Noel is basically redundant since I have Faris BSB, so I can swap someone in to actually gain exp. Balthier is great because I have his imperil fire to stack up with it.

Time to drop 100 blue hexagons on the OK banner. 1st pull: four rainbows! Luneth dagger, Arc Robes, Arc staff and Ingus shield. Darn, no BSB or Onion gear. 2nd pull: four rainbows again! Luneth dagger, Arc robes, Onion bracers AND Luneth spear! That's an amazing pull!

4 new BSBs, with one of them being meta-defining. Today was a good day.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Haste doesn't actually boost Speed, so just a warning that it won't do anything for TR.

It still gives him Poison leaf and Dash Bite when we get them.

Yeah, but burst mode is a 20% stat increase, so that will affect speed. Prior to the release of Vaan's MC3, that was the only way to get him up to 5 hits on Thiefs Revenge. It's still not a good idea to dive Noel, though.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Sprite141 posted:

See, thief 5* is such a huge dps skillset that I have to disagree. Forget thieve's revenge, 4* white and the ability to do 3.7 damage wind and poison damage alone is nuts.

4* motes are such a scarce resource right now. There are other characters you could get more out of. Sure, take everything within your own context though; if Noel serves a specific role in your regular party and powering him up will help you push harder content then go for it. He was only recently released though, so an older player probably has better options. For example, I got his BSB from the lucky banner but I already have Faris with a SSB and BSB; she has natural thief 5 already and I dove for Mug Bloodlust and dancer 5*. I have white 4 covered by Eiko and Agrias. The only reason for me to use Noel is for realm synergy or because I don't want to "waste" exp by bringing an already level capped character.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

What are good sources of wind imperil? I got Luneth's BSB and Freya's SSB for en-wind, and then Bartz' 4-element BSB that is boosted with a bunch of +spellblade.

Also interested in fire related gear. I got Balthier's SSB + BSB and a Red Armlet. That by itself is enough to make him a one-man wrecking crew with fire, but I'd like to also try and leverage the imperil fire with more characters.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I feel like they drop about as often as greens in regular dailies.

Yeah, same. They're more uncommon than actually rare.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

kalensc posted:

How is Faris optimally kitted out with her BSB? Since it doesn't stack with Full Break or Breakdowns do people use it more as a supplementary source of mitigation? Something like Ramza as main support and Faris as a thief, and then they swap to DPS and support when a BSB is ready?

I have her with Mug Bloodlust, Armor Breakdown, and Dr. Mog RM with a full physical team. Open with Mug Bloodlust > Armor Breakdown > BSB. I do that sequence because it gives the most damage on the BSB hits and also synchs with my other character's openers. Delaying the BSB full breakdown is fine because my other characters are getting up Wall, Protect, and Shell.

Mug Bloodlust is especially good because it's both a debuff AND a buff, so the follow-ups do more damage. Also, the buff is ATK/DEF so it stacks with Shout and Burst Mode. Faris gets so much ATK buff that she can equip my lower quality weapons and still hit ATK softcap. Especially nice when "lower quality" means 5* synergy or 6* non-synergy.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

Oh no you don't have to do that. I just had to go into the menu and equip it and it was fine. At least I think this was the case I'll check again next time.

Yes, it's just like setting up your roaming warrior. You have to set up your SBs and gear and all that separately for Multiplayer. I ended up doing the same thing the first time I tried it out too; brought 2 characters kited out for BSBs, but didn't know you actually had to equip the BSBs again for multiplayer and got stuck doing a whole lot of nothing for the fight.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Minor characters that can still be mined:

FF1
The robot that helps you get up to the sky fortress
Bahamut
Vampire
Dwarf guy that blows up dynamite
King of Cornelia
Cid

FF2
Princess Hilda
Borghen
Josef's Daughter
Paul
Scott
Cid

FF3
Doga
Unei
Xande
Goldor
Hein
Cid

FF4
Calca
Brina
Dwarf Princess

FF5
Kelger
Xezat
King Tycoon
Boko
Hiryu
Enkidu
Enuo
Ghido
Mid
Cid

FF6
Umaro
Gogo
Bannon
Emperor Geshtal
Typhon
Interceptor

FF7
Hojo

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

LornMarkus posted:

I would unironically love having actual Bahamut as a party member.

Also, am I mixing minor characters up and Dornan is Bartz' dad rather than King Tycoon? I thought the latter was right but as I went to correct that I realized I might be mistaken.

Dorgan is Bartz dad and is already a playable character in JP. We get him soon. King Tycoon is Lena & Faris dad.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Hogama posted:

But what about FFVI's Train Ghost complete with SB that removes it from the fight to instantly kill any enemy ignoring any resistance?

drat, that's a good one. It's even a playable character in the game.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cid_of_the_Lufaine :smug:

More stupid characters that are dumb ideas:

FF6
Biggs
Wedge
Darill
Rachel
Doomtrain Ghost
Doomtrain
Molulu
Moghan
Moguel
Moglin
Mogret
Moggie
Mogsy
Mogwin
Mugmug
Cosmog
Cid

FF7
Biggs
Wedge
Jessie
Rufus
Lucrecia
Palmer

FF8
Biggs
Wedge
Kiros
Ward
NORG
Ellone
Cid

FF9
Queen Brahne
Garland
Zorn
Thorn
Sir Fratley
Bobby Corwen
Cid

FFX
Sin (takes up your whole party)
Nooj
Leblanc
Shuyin (maybe just wardrobe record for Tidus)
Cid

FFXI
I dunno didn't play it
Cid

FFXII
Job Board Moogle
Al-Cid
Cid

FFXIII
Hope's Mom (she's tough)
Dajh

FFT
Beowulf (actually not a dumb idea)
Reis - dragon
Reis - person
Yellow Chocobo
Black Chocobo
Red Chocobo (must have Choco Meteor)
Wiegraf
Cloud
Aeris
Balthier
Saint Ajora

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 3, 2016

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

GBA and beyond. There's only really two renditions of FF6's script, officially - the one Woolsey did for the SNES (which got reused on the PSX) and the one someone else did for the GBA (which got reused on mobile/Steam).

Which means that's what the iOS version uses, and since Global FFRK slobs all over mobile FF5/6's knob, we'd be stuck with that poo poo instead of Kumama and Kutan.

I couldn't actually remember any of the moogle names, so I grabbed them off a wiki page.

Tactics Advance and Mystic Quest are gold mines of potential characters. Mystic Quest would be hilarious.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Once enough Cids are available, all Cid teams should count for Cid Missions. So far we got FF4, FF7, FF13, and FFT. 4 and T aren't out in global yet, but are coming. 13 has WHT3 but that's probably not strong enough for CMs, so one of the potential Cids would need to be a healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

There's a Cid in 12 but he seems more a machinist with his guns.

That's most Cids. He's usually an inventor and involved with airships. 13 and Tactics are the big exceptions, with 7 as a more standout twist on the template. 12 was the first time he was an antagonist rather than an ally.

• Locked thread