Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

What's the next good FFX banner? I did some accounting and besides I/II/III, X is the only realm where I don't have an SSB or BSB. I'm ok on synergy because I have Tidus's Slice & Dice and Spiral Cut swords, but those SB's are underwhelming now so looking to spend on the next good FFX banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Lucky Draw results:

Peacemaker (XIII) (dupe, combined), Tyrfing (III) (dupe, not combined because III synergy), Break Blade (III) and Power Circle (XIII). Two SSB's , one of which from a realm where I had none, that's a pretty good haul. Happy with that.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

IllegallySober posted:

My Lucky Draw was Physician's Staff (dupe) and... Iga Blade! Needed a BSB for a Support character and now that's taken care of.

First-world problem questions: if I'm at the point where I don't really NEED to pull for anything in particular relic-wise, that probably also means I'm at the point where I could start combining duplicate 5* relics, right?

I have dupes of:

Vega 42s
Cards
Wutai Headband
Physician's Staff
Minotaur Plate
Kaiser Shield (three of these- really tempting to make an 8*)

There's nothing in here I'm really gonna kick myself for combining later, right? It's mostly all older stuff anyway.

Kaiser Shield adds to lightning damage, so it might be worth keeping two separate ones, but that depends on if you have any predilection for lighting meta, such as having Lightning's SSB or other lightning-based SSB/BSB's. If you don't and don't anticipate whaling on future lightning-based stuff, then an 8* IS really tempting and I personally would go for it because the usage now versus potential usage later equation usually weighs on the "now" side for me.

Similar on the Vega/Cards - multiple SSB's/BSB's for people that use thrown weapons. If you have a few then keeping separate so you'll have back row synergy for them might be worthwhile.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

IllegallySober posted:

I'm not likely to carry multiple Dragoons on a team though- so I'd be better to have an 8* armor than multiple 5* ones, right?

Yeah it's all about "am I going to run Lightning-based abilities on multiple characters?" and if your answer is "probably not" or lower then you should combine because an 8* Kaiser Shield on a character toting a lightning skill is a monster.

Edit:

Kaiser Shield (5*) with/without synergy

34/17 ATK, 195/126 DEF, 130/83 RES

Kaiser Shield (8*) with/without synergy

50/22 ATK, 257/146 DEF, 172/97 RES

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 12, 2016

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

IllegallySober posted:

Nice. Thank you for the info. I think I will go ahead and combine them then :)

You may or may not want to wait until after finishing the FFT dungeons that just dropped, depending on your other FFT synergy. 3 5*'s spread across your DPS guys might go a longer way than one 8*, but that distinction is only valid in FFT dungeons, which are pretty rare.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Do we ever get any more of those 5* motes we got from the Five Dooms? Or that's it? If there's more available later I'm more likely to spend them now.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

bladeworksmaster posted:

So I got a Kaiser Shield out of the 25 draw and had Lightning's elec amp and SSB, mind explaining how the set up works for the SSB spamfest?

I have Lightning's elec amp and SSB and asked the same thing and was told that it's not worth the SB bar to do the amp. Just equip the Kaiser Shield on her and SSB when you got 'em.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Twelve by Pies posted:

Bravely Default, which would be neat.

If they were gonna do Bravely, they would have done it when Bravely Second came out last year, I'd think.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

I don't even know which of my team members to bring since like all of my A-team people either have a fire or holy component to them:

P.Cecil SSB (Holy)
Bartz BSB (Fire Command)
Terra BSB (Fire Command)
Locke BSB (Fire+Holy, imperil Fire, Fire Command)
Beatrix BSB (Imperil Holy, Holy Command)
Fang SSB (Fire/Wind)

Bringing SG and a healer means I have to pick 3 out of those 6. Leaning towards Beatrix, Fang and Bartz.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Do dual-element SB's count towards both Mastery Conditions?

Example:

This Event's Ultimate, Taharka, has two mastery conditions for use Fire and use Wind. If I were to use Fang's SSB which is Fire and Wind damage, would that count as fulfilling both conditions or would I need an alternate source of one of them to cover it? And if so, which one?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Congrats on being fully self sufficient for a physical team :toot: Now you can pull entirely for damage relics or characters you like, and bring along stuff like medica BSBs as your RW.

Would that work well with a Tyro healer? I've avoided bringing Ramza and Tyro together (have SG and Shout) since that would leave only two slots for DPS, or would lose my medica. If Tyro was a healer and RW'd my medica, that might be very interesting...

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Does Imperil effects do anything when they're already weak to an element? Can they get weaker?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Firion's BSB would really work well with my team (Beatrix BSB, Cecil SSB, etc) but I'm not interested in anything else on the banner, especially not the BSB Axe. Chasing a single relic is madness, right?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

victrix posted:

I got Minwu's Staff from the FF2 banner, is there any reason to use it over Selphie's medica with magic blink built in?

It's instant, so in instances where there's a lot of damage coming at random intervals and you can't afford the casting time, yeah it has uses, but to me the added utility of magic blink (or in my case, heavy regen with Relm's) beats it out.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Last page:

KnoxZone posted:

So it looks like we are getting something related to WoFF on Sunday. Unknown if we are getting the full event or not.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Caved and did the lucky draw - Thancred's daggers. Don't be like me and cave to all the good pulls in the thread.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Are you using Protectga/Shellga? Breaks/Breakdowns? In most FF games those are afterthoughts but in this game they are 100% vital.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Yeah I don't think you get the hat/pumpkin in your gift box, you have to buy them from the greens store.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

loving finally. I've spent every last ounce of stamina on dailies since double greens started and haven't got a single drop yet, finally got one. So frustrating.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

It also appears on a really solid OSBfest banner, if it isn't replaced in global!

What a gorgeous banner.

I have no idea what any of those relics are.

edit: oh wait I recognize Sun Blade and Lightbringer, that's it.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

I can read Katakana and Ee-Ga-Ru-Ta-Ro means nothing to me. Even if i could parse that into Eagle Talon like they meant, since that relic isn't available in Global I have no idea what it is.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

It's at the top of the banner and has a little inset that says "overflow" in katakana, and has a picture of Hope, so I figured that was pretty self explanatory if you can read it! Hell, even if not, since it's all color coded.

My mistake, I'll avoid posting japanese banner stuff in here without translations in the future.

Sorry I don't mean to be an rear end but for the most part, I don't think people here know the relics from Japan and while an OSB is pretty much going to be the same (do a lot of damage), the BSB's and SSB's vary wildly in effects, so an untranslated banner with no info about any of the relics is going to mean jack to most here.

Bland posted:

It says "Eagle Claw" my dude.

My katakana is super rusty also

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Zurai posted:

Or instead of carrying on about it you could just ask "hey what's that item" or y'know just read the list another poster had already helpfully provided before you started getting all "I know Japanese and it still didn't make any sense to me".

Sorry, I'm just reacting to "why don't you just learn Japanese?"

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

100 mithryl got me 2x Tidus armor thing, 2x Rikku Knuckles, 1x Yuna Chaos Rod, 1x Auron Riot Blade, 1x off-banner XII armor.

Does the ATK+RES from Rikku's have that weird coding where they're separate and therefore don't stack with Shout? I know her Hyper Null Arm one did that, does this as well or is it safe to run with Shout?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Attestant posted:

Man. Daedalus is looking like it could be the first fight I can't beat since like... Bahamut Sin. I just can't muster enough damage with just a r4 Banishing Strike and a r3 Saint Cross. My only Holy SB of note is the badly aged first P.Cecil SSB. And since he's so low on early AoE, I'm having immense trouble keeping up either Shout or Wall, because I'm not building SB fast enough.

Combine that with the random chance of "get hosed by endless Stop", and I'm just making zero progress.

(edit) Ah christ, another run died because Tri-attack slowed Ramza right after Shout, with no additional source of Haste available.

I had this same exact problem except I have 3 Holy SSB's (PCecil SSB like you, Beatrix BSB and Locke BSB) and I was barely able to beat it. That one was super frustrating.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Woah that's pretty great

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Gaston eats five dozen eggs every morning. :colbert:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Fister Roboto posted:

Nice.

Now if only I had more than one free SB gauge materia. Cloud is being really stubborn with his, and I still need a spare MC2 for Ramza.

Just in case I'm understanding you right, Ramza's is NOT a free SB gauge RM. It's one that helps you build it faster when using attack or abilities.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Full price is a bit disappointing. *pulls* ugh no Onion BSB bullshit. I didn't even get any 4-stars

(just kidding)

holy poo poo :stare: no dupes on anything I already owned and I whaled for Firion's and didn't get it. Did I win?

This all synergizes super well with what I already had - I have Locke's EnFire BSB which will go well with Baltier, I have Beatrix's EnHoly to go with Firion, I go heavy into Knight so I have Saints Cross at R3 for Gilgamesh.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

So I spent the entire day's stamina yesterday on the 90-stam Exp dungeon and didn't get a single Onion Mote. Do you need to have OK with you for them to drop? Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to continue wasting stamina doing it wrong.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got Thief's Knife (VI), Stardust Rod (VI) and Wizer Rod (VII) from the Black Friday gacha.

Any of these worthwhile at all?

I have all three of those.

I use Thief's Knife regularly, especially on Holy-weak bosses because I have other Holy SB's. The Fire Imperil interferes with my Beatrix BSB which causes Holy Imperil, which is kind of annoying but whatever. If you bring Mug Bloodlust and then do his Mug Command, he'll do crazy damage even with no synergy, and it gimps any physical-focused boss.

Stardust Rod is my go-to Mage BSB but I don't do Mage teams often, so I don't feel I can talk about it much to do it justice. It FEELS to me like it's showing its age but again, I don't really know.

Aerith's is weird - is it just me or is the damage on it pure dogshit? On U++'s it does like 500 damage per hit, feels like a pure waste. Healing is still the priority of it though so you get a good burst of HP and then command 2 is a mini-medica which you can spam to keep everyone topped off during a final phase of an Ultimate. That damage though... I got Eiko's BSB from the Black Friday and I'm probably going to change to her going forward - seems like her heal and command 2 are comparable, and the command 1 doesn't have the useless +MND like Aerith's does, and is replaced by a Phys Blink on the character healed, which can be super useful.

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 26, 2016

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Wilekat posted:

To get his RM2 (Soldier Counter), I had to do the Cargo Ship on Elite, but all I can see for Mako Might is that RM2 be unlocked and then it's just a chance with him in party. Am I meant to be somewhere special for this one too?

If you have the RM2 unlocked then yeah, it's just random and can take forever. I had a team of 5 with random drop RM's needed and used them to do the sub-90 difficulty Events for over a month before any of them dropped.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Dr Pepper posted:

It's White Magic so it uses Aerith's MND. Not a lot of MND buffs.

Even so, though, I have good synergy overall and she typically has 450-500 MND from equipment and it still does garbage damage. My Mage SB's with comparable MAG stat do way more damage. I don't know if multipliers between MAG-based and MND-based are comparable. (checks Enlir's sheet) It's 9,50 versus something like Maelstrom Bolt from Ashe (which I also have) at 14,00, so I guess that answers my question if the multipliers are comparable. I believe they're not between ATK and MAG though, so not 100% sure.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

I always just did Genji Glove and Offering for 8-hit Attacks. Is that not the way to break the game?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Three days of stamina spent, one Onion Mote dropped. I hate RNG.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

paperwind posted:

I have my RW set to Twin Star for this very reason. If you have native Shout, you ought to be following me and using it as your RW: BSYf

I got Eiko's BSB with the +crit - you think I should change from SG to it for my RW?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

FeralWraith posted:

People having SG these days is becoming more and more common, so I'd say go ahead with the Eiko BSB. That said, neither choice is incorrect, they are both great.

Alright, yeah. Eiko BSB up, Qb1W if anyone cares.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

1/11 - Eiko's reraise SSB, when I already have her BSB. No chance of me ever really using it. :(

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Evil Fluffy posted:

Get Cid's SSB and you could do 12x9999 to a boss weak against wind. :iia:

One time I did 250k damage in a single shot - Lightning's SSB against a multi-boss, 5 of them, for 5x9999 each.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Can't win if you don't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Is there any benefit to doing the MP battles actually MP, besides reduced stamina cost? Sometimes I just can't be bothered to deal with online people and just solo it - I'm not having any problems difficulty-wise, so just checking that I'm not missing anything otherwise.

• Locked thread