Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm gunning for Pencil's MC3 first myself, since he's on my A-Team and that 30% Holy Damage will be hella sexy for him to abuse, along with any other knights I end up using.

This is what I did. I have his BSB and Platinum Shield - is stacking all three basically best in slot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Pulled Delita's SSB. It's all atk down, does that mean it stacks with Agrias' shield and power breakdown/full break?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
2 x 11 pulls:

3 Tridents
Golden hairpin
Kuja's gloves
Hamelin
Wizard rod

Wanted Hamelin, needed synergy since IX was tied for my worst (with VIII). Success.

E: also I now have a 300 attack spear with synergy :getin:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

I went in with three physical attackers, one healer, and one mage (no SBs, just Quetzalcoatl and Bahamut), equipped with a bunch of ice resist accessories and came out just fine. You absolutely do not need a mage team.

I brought my fully physical a-team without reading the tips and not realizing that the little things were immune to all elemental damage. The only abilities I had that actually damaged the boss were breakdowns and saint's cross hitting for 4k total. Still brute forced my way through. Mage teams are overrated.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Shell / Protect is all I've got, yeah.

I know it's possible to beat things without wall but for most people it's a must-have for every high-end fight since it came out. I'd sooner drop shout than wall - never leave home without it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
For those who missed out on the 25 for Larsa 2 just think of it as 25 more mythril for an actual good banner like FFXIV, OK, or Orlandeau.

With hotness like that within the next few months I may even break my rule of always pulling on half-price draws.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I use wall and shout every fight and haven't had a hard boss fight since before Ramza came out so ymmv I guess?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, it's just annoying when I know I could finish a fight if I had juuust a few more hones, especially when the orbs that the fights drop could let me get some of those hones. I know I'll get there in time (mostly), though obviously I'll never have remotely the kind of flexibility a Day 1 player has. And I mean, I technically am missing mythril too, albeit not very much. As long as all the fights don't suddenly start ramping way up and they drop a shitload of multi-target bosses all over the place, I'll be fine.

The 5 Dooms thing is a legit bummer though, since everyone makes it sound like missing that was a really huge deal that basically screwed me out of a bunch of good stuff for a very long time, even if I was pretty far away from being able to use it anyway.

6* abilities are a luxury for long time players. You'll get 90% of the mileage from 4* skills.

Do you have shout or sheepsong? If you have neither, and no natural wall, you're not going anywhere. Don't stress out about this it's a a dumb cell phone game. You'll get better poo poo in a month.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
An atk/mag buff stacking with shout (or sheepsong) is quite an advantage, although I'd personally take either of the former over the latter.

I run a full physical party with shout and I already have Celes' BSB (same buff minus the haste, which is irrelevant anyway due to shout) so OK isn't a huge deal. I'm still pulling since I only have one 5* item for the realm, but I'm not going to be overly heartbroken if I miss out on his BSB. Apparently he should be capable of putting out a solid amount of dps with his burst commands due to them being multi-hit and instant cast after the first.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
That guaranteed BSB draw :stare:

I already have Paladin Cecil, Faris (x2), Celes, Lightning, Terra, and Eiko and I'm still 100% pulling on that. What a deal!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Schwartzcough posted:

As an owner of Faris' BSB and a lover of Faris, I'm still going to say that BSB is overhyped. The difference between full break and full BD is pretty minimal, and the burst commands are basically bog-standard breakdowns. And in any event you want your breaks up ASAP in the fight, so you pretty much need to give her a SB RM. There are only two of those and one RW, so bringing Shout/Wall/Stacking Debuff (like Vaan's)/Some other utility SB is often more important to me than Faris' Burst. If you've got a great mage BSB, you often want to give one of them a SB RM as well, since it can take a long time for mages without Support 4 to get their SBs going.

There are ways to handle it, like bringing your own Full Break and breakdowns until you build up gauge, but then she's really not offering much over a standard damage SSB. Or you can give her Wrath to try and get her SB gauge up as quickly as possible, but then you're probably screwing up your boostga on her and nerfing her damage terribly.

If I don't have other good SB options I really want to bring I'll still use her and her burst because I like her, but as a BSB isn't not that hot. IMO.

The BSB is a little underwhelming but it works as a solid full breakdown midway through the fight (probably when Ramza is shouting again) - and it also does a sizable chunk of damage that I can totally see underestimated. I have her fully sphered up and she's probably my favourite team member just from how flexible she can be built; breakdowns, machinist statuses, aoe full break, and heavy damage with sapphire shot/thief's raid/mug bloodlust. It's more that it's an alright BSB on an amazing character, rather than some other examples where it's an excellent BSB on a mediocre character.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The power creep is real, but people who started at launch have in general far superior hones and more ability diversity. That's not something to dismiss out of hand.

Synergy too. For the most part - minus the NES FFs (hopefully changing with OK) I can outfit all four of my a team dps with synergy weapons. Helps a lot.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Jesus, when is that expected to drop in global?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Even if I don't get the BSB I'll be glad when it's out just as a RW. Finally being able to run versatile parties...

Celes' BSB has been out for ages, it's only missing the haste portion which practically every support ssb+ comes with now anyway. IMO you'd still need shout or sheepsong as well to get anything out of it anyway.

Is it possible to calculate the total damage on a U++ that OK's burst commands would deal, assuming shout/sheepsong are also active? I'm curious how it stacks up in comparison to Vaan's or Paladin Cecil Saint Crossing in the same amount of turns.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Koobes posted:

in jp against U++ bosses I think I hit 5k/hit with 3 mag buffs for 20k/turn. This is without a synergy weapon and a fully dived OK.

You can get a +40% monk damage RM when we can get Sabin to 99, which gives it effectively a ssb-level multiplier if you can hit that threshold.

So that's at least twice as good as anyone else hitting for double 10ks/round. Maybe I'll make two pulls on this one now.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
2x11, 2 OK swords 2 Arc SSBs. Arc's medica seems pretty good no?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
:lol: OK at 80 with synergy has 1300hp

I got his SSB but no BSB still worth blowing all my motes on him?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Got Bartz and Sephiroth BSBs. Neither are duplicates so I can't complain too much. Was hoping for a good one after getting mediocre rolls on OK. Oh well, Bartz is cool

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
One more 11 pull on OK's banner got me my second FF7 shared SB katana :(

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I got an Organics :effort:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the power creep is real, Bahamut SIN went down like a chump. Cagnazzo I just brute forced through and ate every tsunami - one of my thunder guys was stopped the whole fight.

Good event for older players.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
While multi hit abilities don't work, RM that cause you to doublecast like Blood of Espers do.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Tsunami was only hitting for 1700ish with wall/shell/magic breakdown. If you have a medica you can absolutely just face tank it. I didn't once break his surge with lightning.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Munoma posted:

Finally got Onion Knight to level 93. Night and day difference.

He gains like 5x the stats in this. It's nuts

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Chrono Trigger characters (and tech combos?) would be printing money.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Streak of mediocrity continues with Kefka's SSB. Lady luck is just waiting to give me some sweet poo poo during Minfilia/Alphinaud, I know it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Beat the difficulty 160 multiplayer boss with only 3 players for the entire fight. :c00lbert:

Unsurprisingly, multiplayer is super easy when you have shout, vessel, wall, a healer BSB, and an offensive BSB.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Neo Bahamut is the only boss I have not defeated since Parade Float. Kaiser Dragon does get an honourable mention though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

pichupal posted:

I was under the impression that is was just stat up buffs on the Banner. I think just because that's how the JP Banner was when it came out? It had a weird translated name like 'Party Stat' Banner or something.

They'd probably have a better Relic selection including stuff like Proshellga/Haste/Blink relics though, but if I get Y'shtola's SSB on this Banner FFXIV is going to be that much more painful to draw on.

Edit : Here it is, the JP list of relics for "Party status-up".Their banner was just AoE stat buffs. Obviously they'll be adding the new stuff, but if they don't trim the old stuff the main stinkers are Josef's Gloves and Desch's Gauntlet. Those 20% Faithgas aren't as bad anymore in a post Onion BSB world though.

Yikes, I have fifteen of those - including Platinum Sword, Thyrus, and Lightbringer. If OK's BSB is on it I may pull though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
After FFXIV what's the next big hotness banner? Or are they a little more balanced instead of crazy banners like FFT, OK, etc?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
1/11, Desch gauntlets. Holy crap that's bad. Saving all my luck for Minfilia I guess?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Seriously gently caress you if you join a multiplayer party without at least one of: healer, wall, shout, or vessel. Also why do people blow their BSBs before attack/magic buffs are in? Apparently a lot of people are really bad at this dumb phone game.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 20, 2016

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Having a hell of a time beating Apocalypse Gilgamesh.

I'm personally doing:

Zidane + BSB, Lifesiphon/Mug Bloodlust
Tyro + BSB (SG if needed), Full break/Wrath.

Between Zidane and Tyro I'm keeping a lot of stats debuffed: Full Break, Tyro's 2 burst skills are basically another full break, Zidane's burst skills are Attack and Defense Breakdown, Mug bloodlust is attack/defense break. These all stack right? Then on top of that Tyro is giving Shell/Protect/magic blink.

So it seems like a good base I just need people to do damage and heal. Am I being greedy with this and should I swap out tyro for like, Aeris BSB + Raises?

Just host a game and keep booting people until you get a good team.

If you absolutely want to join a team just double down on your healing/support with Tyro BSB/Aeris BSB since you're more than likely to get grouped with people who have brought neither. And use curaise cause it's awesome for this.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Why would you combine those?? :stare:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Thanks for making me feel better about spending a few hundred dollars on this phone game Evil Fluffy :unsmith:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
2000 chips spent, nothing interesting yet. Gonna be real sore if I don't get that 10 mythril.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I do them asap just so I don't accidentally forget and miss them. I'm 100% stamina efficient due to having a newborn and I've got a good stock of orbs already so it's not much of a concern to me.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
3x11 pulls:

2x Terra OSB
Kain BSB
Vanille BSB
Steiner SSB
2x Platinum Sword
2x Thyrus
Minwu SSB

Already had plat sword/thyrus but now they're 8*!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm at an impasse on how to build my team at this point. I have a very solid physical A team with Paladin Cecil (+BSB, +Plat Shield), Kain (+BSB, +lightning shield), Celes (+BSB), Ramza (shout), and Eiko (+BSB). I can dip into the mage meta with Terra's OSB and I know there are some very good mage relics approaching with XIV and XIII but I don't have OK's burst to really seal the deal on that. Celes almost covers that aspect but unfortunately the lack of haste really screws it over.

I think my options for my current stash of 100 mythril are: go all in for OK's burst on OSB5, pull on XIV and see what happens, or wait for FFT and add Orlandeau or Agrias bursts for a heavy physical holy team. I also have Stoneskin II and Vanille's BSB which can add some flexibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Kefka and Edea's original SBs, which although come with a minor faith boost are sorta underwhelming choices otherwise.

Hmm, and Cid Raines' cloak. But that would interfere with him BsBing.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 28, 2016

• Locked thread