Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

No dupes. I don't even know what to pull for anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
After spending too much real money on XIV and vowing to go fully f2p I somehow lucked into expanding my middling pool of relics to almost best-in-slot if not top tier relics in every other regard. I'm sorta experiencing some decision paralysis on my A team now though if anyone wants to help with the theorycrafting.

My top relics are:

Physical:
OSB: Orlandu, Zidane, Squall
BSB: Kain, Celes, Firion

Magic:
OSB: Terra
BSB: Cid Raines, Papalymo, Edea

Other:
BSB: Vanille, Eiko, Setzer, Onion Knight, Minfilia
Y'shtola's wall

I'm thinking Orlandu, Cid Raines, Setzer, Onion Knight, Vanille? I have Papalymo's SSB too for more faith shenanigans but it seems like it's not worth it since with Vessel Cid can buff himself super high anyway.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

i would say my decision would be affected by whether or not you crammed your onion knight full of delicious motes so he can use 5* support, is that the case?

I did this even before I got his BSB for some reason.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

To be fair, the only curaja medica in the game is Healing Grimoire, which is completely dismal :v:

I'd argue that nowadays it's still more useful than most of the basic SBs or even SSBs due to how lovely the damage was on them. At least the group heal that Healing Grimoire provides is pretty solid.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
After playing Fire Emblem Heroes (where global/JP are the same) it would take a hell of a lot more missed events to make up for six months planning for pulls. It's such a non issue I can't believe you guys are still so salty about it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

KataraniSword posted:

At the same time, events are things that are accessible to everyone. Gacha is only accessible to people who get lucky with an RNG and/or whale out.

Imagine playing Fire Emblem Heroes and one version not letting you get the special characters like Zephiel, Xander, etc. You just don't have any access to them whatsoever. Also you've lost out on 20k feathers for some reason, probably due to related quests.

Comparing it to knowing gachas ahead of time is kind of apples and oranges, but it's still a lovely feeling.

I would absolutely skip every single GHB and even the feather giveaways if I knew to save up for a banner like the recent one ( the four best heroes in the game at a higher rate) in advance. No question.

That's just me though I guess.

acumen fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 3, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
They both have their advantages. I've been saying since day 1 FEH that pulling for characters instead of equipment is worse (inheritance helped), since you really only need four good 5* heroes to complete 99% of the content. That's pretty easy to do if you've been playing since day 1 and re-rolled. Despite having rolled a bunch more optimized characters I'd still be competitive with my first four 5*s that I got in a week or two - Lyn, Sharena, MRobin, and Kagero. There really is no reason to pull past this except to get your favourite characters, although I still can't help myself.

FFRK on the other hand requires a lot more out of you (several BSBs, healing BSB, special SBs like wall/shout/vessel) if you want to at least complete full events (even moreso for torments, nightmares, etc) . Not to mention synergy gear and abilities. It's got 2+ years and tons of power creep extras on FEH though.

I'd still argue that I prefer the FEH gacha. At least it feels like you're helping the odds by being able to chase a specific colour, and the rolling gacha helps too.

acumen fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 4, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I got an Aeris USB, Beatrix OSB, Jecht BSB (I have his OSB too so this is ok), Garnet BSB (dupe), Sabin SSB, Gafgarion SSB, Tyro SSB. Pretty good for 50 mythril!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Really didn't need anything on support but couldn't resist a half price roll and landed Sazh/Wakka SSBs.

Celerity turned out well though with Leila/Shadow BSBs, a Vaan SSB, and Tyro OSB stat stick.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Picked up a TgCid BSB. Is there any point in using it over his OSB?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Proudclad was pretty rough for my equipment selection. Beat him eventually but only on expert with the following:

TGCid:OSB
Setzer: BSB
OK: BSB
Yshtola: Wall/Aetherial Pulse
Vanille: BSB
RW: more wall

Basically just turtled while Cid did his thing.

Edit: nm just RWed a Lightning USB and wrecked him.

acumen fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 12, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I really wanted Celes' BSB2 or Relm's USB so I went in for two pulls:

3x Mog Bells
Setzer SSB
Celes LMR

oh well :(

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I had 54 Rosetta Stones laying around. I spent 27 on Saintly Excalibur because hey why not. I have 27 left. What sort of things should I be looking at? Element boosts and stats?

I have Terra OSB sword, Golbez BSB stick, both Gabranth swords, and some other stuff. Any other top candidates I should look for?

I would probably go element boosts > OSBs as stat sticks > good uncommon weapons that one of your primary dudes use (darts, balls, whatever). The nice thing about augmenting element boosts is being able to cull your equipment list a bit (for more augments).

For reference, I've maxed out the following:

- TGC OSB (+holy)
- Beatrix OSB 7* (+holy)
- Minfilia BSB 8* (+holy)
- Cid Raines BSB (+dark)
- Kain BSB (+lightning)
- Vaan OSB (stat stick dagger)
- Terra OSB 7* (stat stick for mages)
- Freya SSB 8* (stat stick spear)
- Faris BSB 6* (stat stick bow)

VVV sorry it was her BSB, Curtana.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 24, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Beat Sephiroth using radiant shield strategy. Never used that to kill something before. Thank god for Minwu, he's the only native instant heal I had so he came in handy. Didn't get mastery but the rewards in that sucked so I'm not even bothering.

Same. Pretty easy this way.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Pulled for Terra/Paladin Cecil USBs and got a Ramza USB and Vaan BSB. I already have Shout, OK BSB, and Setzer BSBs - are these new relics completely obsolete already?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
They'd be redundant though. Ramza's USB may stack with Shout and Vessel but my A Team dudes are already at the softcap afaik (both magic and physical) with only Vessel. The instant cast thing is probably the only useful thing from it.

I don't see how Vaan's BSB provides any more breakdown than Setzer's? Setzer has -ATK/MAG on entry, -ATK/DEF cmd1, -MAG/RES cmd2, and I usually give him two breakdowns as well. Vaan has the advantage of instant cast, a more offensive skill selection, and his OSB as a bonus so he might be a decent alternative (Setzer is way cooler a character though). Ramza I just can't see being used for now.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
oh yeah attack was raised recently I guess. I hover around 500 plus holy weapon/armour for Orlandu without synergy so it's pretty close. And my magic user is Cid Raines so yeah.

I'll definitely be using Vaan - especially tonight(? whenever the extra fights unlock). Setzer's still my boy though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Post them friend codes if you've got 'em time to fill my RW list up

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Trip report: tried Cloud's USB out for the first time with TGC's BSB with minimal setup and hit the Jammer Armour for 200k :rip:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Still can't beat jump start Bahamut without any wind bursts or imperils except FF7 Cid's, and that does sub 10k damage per hit. TGC burst actually does plenty but I just can't get off his attacks fast enough. Am I hosed?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm not thinking this is doable without an enwind/imperil wind team. Even with Orlandu/Minfilia going hog wild with holy and Clouds USB on a 3x holy imperil they run out of steam at around 20%.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah after saying that I managed to win with a holy team, it was close though. Just had to ignore saints cross/guardbringer and instead spam Orlandu/Minfi BSBs. Using Orlandu's OSB first may have helped him get more attacks in within the Cloud buff too.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Why does Seifer's USB give attach dark but has a fire bonus on the weapon :negative:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I beat Bismarck what the hell am I doing with all these magicites

I take it merging them is a bad idea right now? Also the arcanas are basically eggs so hoard them until I have thousands?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I beat Bismarck running:

Orlandeau OSB
Kain BSB
Ramza shout/chant
Relm BSB
Yshtola BSB/Aetherial Pulse

Took about 57 seconds but wasn't too bad as long as someone didn't get instagibbed before mitigation was up

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I much prefer just using one primary team over a bunch of tailored ones. Doesn't help that I have one really good A Team and basically no elemental coverage outside of dark/holy though.

Been playing since week 2 and only able to take down Bismarck, the others I can't even get to 50% hp before a minute is up.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Ybrik posted:

Fully dived Cid Raines and Yshtola :feelsgood:

:same: almost skipped this torment too until I saw spirit notes being given out

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
This magicite poo poo is seriously the first time I've considered quitting the game since release. I've got two down and dozens of attempts at the others but I just don't have the specific gear and it's really frustrating. All my best poo poo is dark or holy and I can't even access those yet. Had zero problems clearing every other piece of content except for perhaps parade float round one.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I know it's not going anywhere but it's pretty frustrating that I should be able to do these given my time played and gear but I just didn't luck into any decent elemental SBs. I've tried a ninja team on fire and it was actually the closest to finishing one other than the two I have but stopped after wiping ten times or so.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Are people actually getting mad about new players getting a bunch of mythril from these rehashed events? Jfc

I do understand the quick pace and risk of burnout however although as a week#2 guy I am enjoying not playing

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Attestant posted:

Honestly, if my pulls are gonna look like this for FFTA and IX pulls too, I might be close to being done with the game. Or at least taking a break.

Kinda tired with only being able to get BSB+ relics in fests and special banners only.

That's what I was saying shortly before the last fest, then pulled a Paladin Cecil USB and Terra USB. They held me for a bit but since I run a physical team starring a juiced up Ramza they're not that optimal, but are still my best offensive USBs. I'll have 200 mythril in FFTA to determine if I'm gonna keep playing.

E: although to be honest I just can't be assed to play anyways. I started week2 global and it's just getting tiring, especially with all the effortbosses there are nowadays. Plus I've just been enjoying FE: Heroes more.

acumen fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
3x11

Marche USB
Marche BSB
Marche LMR

Ramza BSB2

Meliadoul BSB

Agrias LMR

Guess I'll keep playing for a bit. Still can't do any goddamn magicites though :(

• Locked thread