Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
There are a few duplicates on that Tyro II banner for me (Platinum Sword, Physician's Staff, and Excalibur) but I figure I'd still like to get SG, and worse case scenario I'll eventually get like a reforged sword out of the deal.

Ended up pulling the Stardust Rod and a Platinum Sword, so Terra is back to being my best magic user, and I have a second FFT synergy sword. Would roll again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Gil has been such a non-issue for so long that all the reforging I did finally drained my coffers. I guess it's a good thing I have an obscene amount of Giant Adamantite to sell and cover the cost of a lot of this. I guess I might actually have to grind a gil daily one of these days.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Got Vincent's Shortbarrel out of the 100 gem pull. With that and the Shotgun, Vincent is second only to Terra for Best Offensive Magic User on my A-Team.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

In retrospect, I could've replaced Tyro with Vanille who has a better Medica, and I forgot to give Y'shtola fire resist gear, but I was half-asleep while setting this up. Between Blood of Espers Terra and Bestial Roar Vincent, it was a pretty easy fight. Not sure if I can pull off the Cid's Mission on this with most of my synergy being physical, but whatever.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

See my post above. Not only can you pull off the cid mission with that gear, you might actually have it easier than me.

You were correct, thanks!

Sheepsong RW and Bestial Roar trivializes that fight. The only other SB I used in the fight was Aerith's Medica.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least I got XIII armor and a bit more III synergy.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Didn't expect that. Minwu now competes with Y'shtola as my best healer. Y'shtola has both Medica II and Stoneskin II and can get to level 99, but Minwu has Will of the White Mage and now this.

Also can't believe the two BSB weapons I've pulled are Stardust Rods (II and VI)

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I'm in serious need of FFXII gear that isn't just reforged 4*+++ stuff.

Instead I get more FFVI gear. And it's not even Celes or Terra gear!

Maybe the Holy Rod is alright for white mages on the offense.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah, upon further inspection, the ATK difference between Lohengrin (no SB 5*) and Diamond Sword+++ is one point (200 vs 199). This Platinum Dagger +++ has one more ATK point than Fran's old rear end Loxley Bow.

Comparing these two FFXII spears I have, the Trident+++ has 198 ATK compared to the natural 5* Gungnir's 193 ATK, welp. And Trident gives a boost in ice damage whereas the other gives a boost in fire damage, which makes the Trident a bit better since a dragoon can use Ice Jump along with spellbladers using their stuff.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 28, 2016

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Pander posted:

are there any 4* FFXII mage weapons I've been missing? I've got a 3*++ reforged (Power Rod, 154 MAG with synergy) that I'm using right now with Ashe and her new BSB, but I lack anything stronger. Have I just missed any 4*? My melee synergy is pretty great (two defenders, 6* zwill crossblade, aldebaren, +++ hammerhead, +++ plat dagger, 5* diamond sword...) but without a top-tier (or even 4*+++) offensive or healing relic I feel like my RS is flawed.

I have a reforged Empyrean Rod that has 199 MAG and 100 MND. It's the only XII 4* mage weapon I've seen regularly.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

pichupal posted:

Empyrean Rod is the XII 4* Rod. I only ever got one, and it's the only 4* XII Mage weapon.

Something the official site is good for, no 4* armors or staves either:

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity%204_FF%20XII

Well I apparently have all that 4* gear for XII. My Hammerhead is stuck at + while I've yet to see a second Sledgehammer, but everything else I have a reforged copy of. I guess FFXII gear in general is in short supply. Platinum Shield is the only piece of FFXII armor I have.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I only have 50 mithril and debated rolling on this IV banner as my IV synergy is garbage, but my III synergy is worse, plus OK. Gotta go with III.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Also, the 100 gem pull from that nightmare banner gave me my 4th Assault Gun, which I'm taking means the game is punishing me for not mashing three of them together then reforging so whatever let's do this

Gimme Barret's SSB. Fulfill the Prophecy.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I opted not to pull on the IV banners and the game rewarded my patience with the Onion Gauntlets and White Mage Robe. Are the other OK relics worth trying to get or should just call it good?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I got Aerith's and Serah's bursts out of this. That makes it my second healer BSB and third magic BSB respectively. I like that Aerith's gets a mass healing spell out of the deal, though she still competes with Minwu's BSB and instant heal SB. Serah just gives me ice coverage like VIncent has for fire coverage, and really I use Terra more for generalized offensive spellcasting. No complaints.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

OK is ridiculous. And even after this current mote dungeon I'm short on 4* wisdom motes, so I guess I'll have to wait until the next to just completely max out OK.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah, looks like I'm skipping that banner. I have enough VII and XIII stuff as it is, and while I could use more IV stuff, I have enough reforged stuff from that realm to make up for it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Revenge ults done. Cagnazzo's early RNG stuff was a pain, but after that it was a matter of stacking mitigation (Magic Breakdown, Full Break, Sea Lord's Broadside, and Shellga) and tanking the counter stops and triple waterga attacks by runic tanking with Celes. Also had OK throwing up regular BSBs to keep haste up.

...yeah, the power creep in this game is ridiculous. It's weird going from having these be impossible fights to having them be not too bad.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I have too many VI relics, enough XIII relics, and kinda light on the other two so yeah going in on that, gimme something new for Celes

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

That's the best pull I've ever had in terms of number of 5* relics. And Beatrix was already on my A-team with her having Seiken Shock, but getting her BSB pushed her over the top. Y'shtola is on my rotating position of A-team Healer (I have way too many good healers) with Stoneskin II and Medica II, so adding Aetherial Pulse is nice. I'm surprised there were no VI relics, but not disappointed as I have way too many VI relics as it is.

Gonna go ahead and get Beatrix's MC3 while I'm thinking about it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I have way too much FFVI stuff, I shouldn't bother rolling on it, but I'm weak and maybe I'll get the Runic Blade upgrade for Celes, that'd be sweet.

Hey Edgar, time to move on up!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Between Minwu's, Aerith's, and Beatrix's BSBs, the Kefka fight was ridiculously easy. Was kind of questioning why the game kept giving me BSBs that do holy damage but whatever keep 'em coming.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Atomos was super easy, so I decided to give Necrophobe another shot and that took me a while to figure out. My main issue was that I did not have a single support character that could DPS all day every day. Ended up using Beatrix with high RES and elemental resistance relics, Magic Lure, Shellga, and Lionheart RM to magic tank and spam her BSB. Once Necrophobe hit half health and Beatrix fired off her first BSB, I activated every one of those floating things to lower the boss's defenses, popped a wall, popped Shout and Vessel to boost ATK, and just spammed BSBs the entire time.

Beatrix is the best.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Thanks to all the recent BSBs I've pulled in recent months, I was able to go back and master every nightmare dungeon I failed to master before. Between Beatrix, Onion Knight, and in the case of the Reraise/Curada dungeons, Minwu and Aerith's BSBs, the power creep is real.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

2/11 on the lucky draw. Hewley Buster and Seifer's Coat. The former is alright I guess, currently the best FFVII I have attack-wise if you don't count the ridiculous Assault Gun +++ I have for Barret, so I can just vault my Gold Sword + until later (still got Zack's Buster Sword as my other VII sword). And maybe I can team Angeal with Beatrix for when I use her BSB to stack on more holy damage (or Angeal gets benched forever until further notice).

Seifer's Coat is my first VIII armor, and I don't have much VIII gear in general, so it's whatever.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Combo posted:

So how are you guys determining who gets an mc3 so far? I have onion knight and ramza broken above 80 and that's it. There's really nobody else at the moment that I use so much that I feel like I need them above level 80 (possibly agrias but it seems silly to have another fft character broken, other is celes because I have indomitable blade, though I don't exploit that as much as I should).

I'm sitting on 3 mc3 lodes at the moment.

If they have a BSB, they're getting an MC3. For me that's Terra, Onion Knight, Beatrix, Aerith. Luneth got an MC3 because his Fast Learner RM is good. Y'shtola got an MC3 because she has SSII. Celes got an MC3 because Celes.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

In retrospect, Terra getting it was probably a bit too soon considering her BSB isn't that great beyond having multi-water damage, but I'm a FFVI fanboy. Beatrix and Onion Knight definitely deserve the MC3 they got; Beatrix has been my best holy damage/knight character by far between her BSB and Seiken Shock, and Onion Knight's BSB is great overall. The only problem with Aerith is that she's competing with Y'shtola and Minwu for A-Team Healer at the moment (and I'm definitely giving Minwu his MC3 when that's available), so I've been rotating between the three of them depending on what I need between a wall, mass healing, or mixed offense-healing.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Bell_ posted:

Celes and Locke also have fire BSBs (fire/holy in fact) so the three of them wreck poo poo with the imperil Locke's SB drops on entry.

If you're willing to dive, Terror had that fire damage bonus too.

I'm going hard on that first banner, yeah. MAYBE the second as well since I think that one has Celes's "Better Runic Blade" SB and I could sure go for that. Regular Runic Blade is okay but she needs an upgrade.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Mithross posted:

This is correct, Excalibur VI is on the third banner. I'm hoping to get a pull in on the first and third banners, but I'm not sure I'll manage both. I have a Arc's robe on banner 3, so if I have to skip one it'll probably be there.

Ah, alright. I'm thinking about pulling on both, but depending on what happens on the first banner, I may roll on it twice.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

KateKonitzer posted:

I love final fantasy record keeper!

Hell, same.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I really should've stopped after the first roll.

I mean getting Refia and Kain's BSBs is nice, but everything else is a duplicate.

Maybe I could get a third Thyrus and just have two maxed out Thyruses on hand.

Also, Refia gets an MC3.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Dayum, someone was fiending for the Terra combo somethin' fierce.

You. You were. I would've poo poo myself if I'd have pulled both Shura Gloves AND Abel's Lance and would have clenched my rear end shut to not let one more Mythril drop, and I don't even have a Wall yet.

On the one hand, yes, I should've called it good and saved my mithril for a different banner and not gambled away that good fortune.

On the other hand, it's all about The Game, and how you play it

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

100-gem pull Seraphim's Mace for Porom. I'm surprised I'm getting IV gear all of a sudden when it's probably my worst realm for gear outside of XII (and FFI I guess).

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

The holy damage tag team of Beatrix and Minwu overran both Ultima Weapon and the 200 torment dungeon. Probably gonna attempt the harder torment later. That dungeon was just a grind.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I feel like at this rate I'm gonna hit every elemental BSB possible. Was hoping for Y'shtola's BSB but I really don't need yet another healer BSB I guess.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 4, 2017

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Got my first "Novice" 1 trophy thing. It was from the 80 difficulty Atmos.

I joined a raid leader who had a 60 P. Cecil and 45 Golbez, no accessories, no SBs, Double Cut for Cecil and Ice for Golbez. Another person joined who had a Kain and Tyro in the 50s somewhere and the Tyro had Power Break. The leader started the match without waiting for another person so it was a six-person run.

I basically just solo'd it with 99 Beatrix and 98 Vanille, both with BSBs and Instant KO resist accessories. So that was fun. The two dead teammates seemed happy that I carried them to their mithril or whatever. :3:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Highlander

I used Vanille's BSB to heal after a Climhazzard but then Enemy Beatrix used a second one right after so that sucked.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

1/11 Irvine's Exeter. More like Sucky Draw.

The SB seems really good, but is Irvine even usable? Also, it's VIII synergy I guess which I've been lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

FFRK finally recognizes my favorite characters, thanks FFRK!

Also pulled Terra's Tiara in an earlier lucky draw so now all I need to do is dump all my mithril into getting Celes's OSB I suppose!

• Locked thread