Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Literally since his release event like a year or more ago, yes. So I'm incredibly ecstatic now! I don't care that it's not a fantastic BSB it's the thing!

Grats dude.

*rubs pincers together* now I'm sure to pull a Balthier relic in the next festival or when his OSB drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Tornado Strike seems pretty good if you have any wind synergy, especially on multi-target fights; I honed it once and haven't regretted doing so

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Attestant posted:

That's not to correct husbando. :colbert:

Zidane's proportions are all weird and Balthier is clearly Fran's life partner or whatever so I'm not sure what you expected us to choose

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

1st AD posted:

Is there a good guide to beating Nightmare bosses? The only one I've beat to date is Ultima Buster, and that was down to luckiness with the RNG and a reraise RW. I can't beat any of the others despite being able to clear 180-level content.

Atomos, the new Celerity one, should be easy if you can clear Ultimates and poo poo. Load up your four best synergy attackers and a healer with a medica+shellga, prioritize slowing him, have somebody without a BSB on Dismissal duty, and you should kill him before he even really gets to do much.

Several of them are easier than really any modern Ultimates and poo poo like mote bosses, because they have stupid gimmicks or require you to break into your stash of 3* and 4* orbs to hone up some additional redundant spells, but the incoming damage is much more manageable.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's totally possible for multiwave fights to be designed poorly/unfairly though, either because they require you to prepare for so many different eventualities that it's impossible to adequately prepare or because (like this one) the "endurance" comes from reloading when you get hatefucked by RNG on the last wave.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Greetings, fellow lunatic

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Adel posted:

I was gonna pull on whatever banner had Ashe's burst so thanks dena :argh:

None of the banners really appeal to me, each one seems to be made up of a one or two things I'd like, dupes, stuff that will be on banners I'm planning to pull on, or stuff that's not worth pulling for. Those are not good odds, especially with Minfilia 1 and other realm banners coming up.

Yeah, almost every banner has like 2 things I'd be happy to get, a few redundant things, and a few things i either don't need or for characters I probably wouldn't use outside of CMs even if I got them. Was really hoping for a banner with lots of physical synergy for 4 or 9, which are my two weakest major realms, or a shot at Balthier's good stuff (because he's my favorite character).

I may also be saving for the moment.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Solo is 5 people + 2 RW uses, multi is 8 people. It's really no question if you're stuck, solo is an extra challenge mode.

The only way solo might be worth it is if your gear, including synergy, is absolutely loving stacked for the realm in question. Like you have RS weapons and armor and good resist accessories for the fight etc on everybody.

In that case it might be better than a lot of pubbie groups, because you can custom tailor your whole group and you know you won't have any bad gear or dumbass skills/low hones, but still probably worse off than an organized raid with good people from here or something.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be rolling on this banner if I wasn't already well-sorted for physical synergy on 5, including two BSBs (Bartz and Faris). It's at least as good as the worst OSBfest banners, so it's totally better if you really need 5 synergy or like the 5 cast.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's less "MND on a buff RW makes a huge difference" and more "why NOT stack MND on a buff RW, however small the benefit, because what the gently caress else are you equipping"

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My pattern of getting decent rolls I don't want continues; did one 11 and got Tin Armor and a Tiara, while chasing Blood Sword and Kain's BSB.

It's a booby prize enfire and another 10 Magic for Terra, who I now have every single relic for except her OSB, and armor + a non-terrible offensive SB for a realm I have bad synergy in. Eh. EH

I'll take it, but it'd own to get an exciting pull and/or the things I actually want some day.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Good luck on the banner, funfriends. I did a fest 3 11-pull yesterday and got Agriascalibur and Arc's robe, which I'm stoked about. I didn't have a tank BSB or a physical blink, and Agrias is an awesome character; I immediately used one of the two freebie MC3's we just got to raise her to 99.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

victrix posted:

I really don't like wall. I wish they'd left it as medica/hastega/proshellga for the 'trinity' with breakdowns and other abilities for additional mitigation.

But I suppose that ship has long sailed design wise.

It's crazy dumb that they haven't either retired wall as a mechanic or implemented more relics with iterations of it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Just how good is the Orlandu banner coming up? My FFt synergy is pretty solid overall but if it's really ridiculous I may pull. I also want to pull on the summoner nightmare later this month because my caster attack SBs are lacking but my 9, 10 and 13 synergy also kind of suck.

I'm having a tough time with that banner, too. Orlandu is badass and feels like a step up on the power curve for damage-dealers, but I've also got Agrias's BSB, Plat Sword, another sword, and a generic robe/rod/dagger for synergy in a realm that isn't particularly common or useful to have synergy in.

I'd say it depends on how much generic utility you'd get out of the non-Orlandu items. Agrias's BSB and Kaiser Shield are great SBs, for example, if you don't already have something like them.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

I already have good FFT synergy but I'll be pulling on Orlandu because he's my waifu

I mean yeah once your core is set this is as good a reason as any

I always do at least one 11-pull on every Balthier SSB/BSB banner :/

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Varance posted:

Fresh soul breaks:

Mog will be forever single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5UqGOt52c

holy poo poo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn. The things I wanted the most on the entire banner were Yuna's Curaja medica or second BSB. I got two different Braska SSB rods. :shepface:

I also got my first OSB, tho: Arbiter's Apocrypha.

The desire sensor, dude......

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Surprised they haven't done that yet - it wouldn't really be *that* crazy to bring it into the fold, and a Chrono Trigger banner seems like it would be a license to print money.

Maybe there's some kind of rights-related thing going on there, like they owe Akira Toriyama a bunch of royalties on any CT stuff or something? It seems like a really logical place to go for a collab, with a lot of characters that'd translate easily into the game (Spellblade Crono, Knight Frog, BLM Lucca, WHM Marle, etc) and catch a lot of whales at least in the west.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So I finally picked up a good Balthier relic: Heart of Gold. I can once again justify using the main character, sort of.

Would've preferred his OSB but what the hell, there are worse things than a strong piece of armor with ATK and fire+. Given that I don't have his other good SBs, is there any way for me to exploit the fire+/Enfire combo in practice other than diving Spellblade 5 for twinstrike?

I'd consider pulling again for his OSB to try and activate beastmode, but my XII synergy is so good I can't justify it. I've already got the 5* weapons and armor across enough common types to run a full synergy team. I've been fishing for Balthier for a while, and the game kept hooking me up with consolation prizes for everybody else.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just looked at the anniversary poll results.

Zack in the Top 25? Orlandu and Ramza both beat Agrias? Balthier isn't on the list at all?

Maniacs. They're all maniacs

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pander posted:

I'm at 102 myth so not really feeling I should throw half my wad at it with anniversary coming up soon, even if I like most of the stuff on this banner.

I'm at 105 and holding off on my husbando Balthier and Aeris's USB was loving killing me

Bring on the Lucky Draws before I crack please

I have no idea how the hell the people with 500 - or 1000+ - mythril hold out. Surely they're making some cash pulls.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, and this is a weird sentiment, but does anybody else kind of like how big the item pools are on stuff like the Combat Lucky? Even if it means there's more stuff you don't want in the pool, if you're already clearing endgame content it's really not a big deal and it makes it possible to be pleasantly surprised by an unexpected get that immediately makes a weird character you like viable.

By contrast, I'm mostly just disappointed by not getting the one or two things I actually want on smaller pool banners, even if the "average" pull may be better.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it rarely comes into play in serious endgame content but why the gently caress are so many bosses in 13 stuff out of range of melee attacks

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

When is the lucky draw?

There should be one tonight at regular content rollover time for the DU

The anniversary ones are next week

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, and as a reminder, this Lucky Draw for the DU tonight is going to be a really good pull at 25 mithril. It's 3/9/FFT, with SSBs as the floor.

Lot of great stuff (and two goon favorite games) in that pool, unless you whaled hard for OK gloves and TG Cid.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dupe Wizard Rod (IX), Zidane's SSB dagger, and Luneth's BSB.

Not bad. That gives me a pretty sick wind team and an enhancement weapon for them, and physical synergy for IX, which was the thing I said I hoped I pulled (specifically one of the six swords, but the dagger is more versatile and only slightly weaker so whatever).

Not quite a power pull, but two things I can put to work for 25 mith is p good.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

Because the game has a character named Beowulf in it, and in the epic poem "Beowulf", Wiglaf is Beowulf's successor.

Holy poo poo, dude. I've beaten FFT like four or five times, literally have a degree in English Lit, and never noticed that

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is anybody else mostly using this event to chew through a tremendous backlog of realm elites? it's kind of exhausting

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
also it's weird how absolutely grueling the trash is in some like 120 elite dungeons relative to things like ultimate bosses

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
drat dude, Luneth is a good character. I never really paid attention to him until getting his BSB on this last Lucky Draw. FF3 must be more popular in Japan.

The first FF2 banner is tempting because my synergy is poo poo, but I don't think I'd use anything on it but Firion's OSB outside of FF2. I think I'll hold out until we see the festival banners.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Looking ahead to future banners is weird because it seems like Tyro Selection 3, AOE Physical Lucky Draw, and another Dungeon Update banner will all be showing up right around the anniversary too.

So many banners

EDIT: I guess it makes sense for Tyro 3 to come in on the day of the anniversary

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

I got a second Tiny Bee as my only prize for the last BSB lucky draw. If it happens again then hey I get to turn it into an 8* :shepface:

I forgot that this happened to you, and it was truly incredible

I'm bummed about clicking those Lucky Draw previews because I wasn't even thinking about Cecil/Kain/Edge BSBs being on the element one, which means I'll have two chances to fail at getting FF4 synergy weapons instead of one!

Really just wanna see what's on the anniversary banners, tho

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

I'm getting antsy! I want poo poo to pull on!~

Same. I keep hovering over the FF2 banners because I have a couple hundred mithril not counting what we've still got incoming, my 2 synergy sucks, and I haven't done the Red Soul mote dungeon or FF2 Torment yet, but...

show us the dang festival banners ffs

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

djfooboo posted:

3/11
3 dupes

ahaha, came here to post the exact same thing

I had 4/19 relics on this banner and was hoping to score ANY decent healing BSB, or even just a curaga for a character I think is cool so I can MC3 them or a 5* instrument (since I have none)

I walked away with three dupes!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, numerically Eiko has below-average HP and DEF for a white mage but exceptional RES, and her DEF/HP aren't like low to the point of being anomalous outliers

She can certainly do with equipment options that bolster them in exchange for losing a bit of MND or w/e, but that's true of most white mages, and her RES is more above-average than her DEF/HP are below it

I could be missing something bc I barely use her (never pulled a Hamelin rip) but just purely on paper the problem seems overstated

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

SON OF A BITCH

Lightning Unique/11

I knew I shouldn't have pulled on this.

It had to be somebody, and I'm glad it wasn't me

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Went 3/11 on a Lucky Draw again which is nice, but again 2/3 were dupes (Terra Circlet and Balthier's armor) so the only real prize was Maria's BSB.

That ain't bad for 25 mythril, though. Debating on whether to combine Balthier's Heart of Golds into one super good light armor or keeping them separate for a pair of fire-boost armors.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm actually kind of considering pulling on Ultros beyond the free pull.

The two things I need are more single-target OSBs (and base 6* weaponry) and a crazy healer SB so I can justify 99ing a specific healer (right now I just bounce between like six healers depending on realm and boss abilities because none of them have outstanding SBs, just mid-tier unique and SSB medicas). Terra, Cloud, and Lightning all have great stats for me because I have most of their other relics, and there's two actual healing BSBs on it (including Yshtola) so uhh... don't have a runic, either, if Celes's SSB includes that.

Weird feel bc it didn't seem like many other people cared much about that banner.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that makes sense.

It just seems like a surprisingly good banner for me, and better or fewer dupes than like 3/5 festival banners. People on the subreddit seemed to hate it.

I guess a lot of people chased stuff like Cloud/Terra OSBs and Onion Gauntlets, so me not having done so/not having gotten them pays off now. Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's kind of weird that it's +holy given the fact that Locke has two SBs that deal fire/NE or fire only and an Enfire, but no real use for holy outside his BSB/OSB (which are both also fire).

It's not a net loss since +holy is probably better for physical characters anyway, and it still combos with the Enfire since his OSB does both, it's just a little... off.

Locke has always felt a little "off".

• Locked thread