Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
2/11 on the 15 Renewal banner: Gladio's SSB and my only dupe on the entire banner, Gladio's LMR

gently caress gacha games lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god this Emperor MP fight

He's at like half and then he goes - counter-haste, Dispel, Slow that affects 7/8 people, multi-target attack spam

What even

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Man, Adel is a pleasantly cake JS after the loving nightmare of RS+Ogres. Probably doesn't hurt that I have good FF8 synergy.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I already have a near-complete Ramza (Tailwind, Shout, BSB1, USB) and good FFT synergy overall so I'm actually considering skipping that banner because of your post.

More mythril to chase Balthier's USB/BSB2 and justify legend diving him....

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Staring down the gigantic wall of renewal banners is giving me itchy pulling finger even though I know it's a terrible idea and I'm only sitting on ~175 mythril

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I put off the 220 mp ultima weapon

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
forever salty old players' club meeting is now in session

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LornMarkus posted:

Not to mention this came out of relative nowhere. I think there was only like maybe a week's notice due to datamining, right. And even with that no one was sure how many events would actually recur.

Nobody knew how many events were recurring until the Renewals actually went up for realms like 4 that had a lot of events, yeah.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
1/11 disco. Cool! Great! It's... Fang's OSB. My uh, third copy of it. So I guess I have a maxed out spear now? To give you an idea, it's literally the only base 6* item in XIII that I owned already.

gently caress this game so hard. Every single draw's been a bust since the second fest LD.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bruceski posted:

Grr, JSB Rubicante keeps throwing his cape up at the worst possible times. Is there any timing to it or just random?

According to Reddit the AI is something like "if HP > 80% on fifth turn, cloak for 2 turns, if HP < 80% on fifth turn, cloak for 4 turns on SIXTH turn". So turn six, unless you're just dealing no damage at all.

I absolutely slam-dunked him in the JS last time, though. Try an all-out offense approach if you have some good Water/Ice options? Like I'm 99% sure I melted him down with Tidus and Squall before he cloaked once.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Tidus and Jecht BSBs and a Prompto USB, no dupes. I have Tidus's chain so that's +10 ATK if nothing else and Prompto's thing seems cool for lightning + it's a base 6* gun.

I do not feel compelled to unbench Jecht over this.

Solid pull, none of my favorite characters nor any critical holes filled in my arsenal but it's hard to be salty about 2 new BSBs and a new USB for 50 mythril.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it seems like stronger/better-supported characters favor spellblades, too

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, if you're minmaxing - which is the only reason you should ask bc if you aren't just LD your favorite guy - you wanna burn your motes on characters with good LMs (which both fit) you'll be using all the time. Bartz is versatile as gently caress, with a massive weapon list, better skills (he gets Sharpshooter 5 over Squall), and the ability to excel at several different elements.

He's definitely the safe/wise choice.

Baku fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 27, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna pull on FFTA, FF12, and FF6

Pretty hype to pull on a god drat event banner again

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ybrik posted:

Anyone wanna trade their Buglar Sword for my Durandal?

No?

I'll see myself out.

I actually would do this if I could fwiw, I pulled three Burglar Swords in three 11-pulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

dragon_pamcake posted:

Anything else I should be aware of besides only draw from event banners?

Honestly, the Newcomer banners are more of a bad exception than part of a "don't draw from anything but X" rule. Most modern banners are worth drawing on for some reason or other, esp for a new player who doesn't have good synergy anywhere and kind of needs boosts for every role.

Lucky Draws come along about once a month (sometimes more as part of seasonal/festival events) and let you do one 11-pull for 25 mythril instead of 50; these are almost always worthwhile, because even though the item pools tend to be huge like the Newcomer ones they often leave out the oldest stuff and are, you know, half-price for a shot at the good stuff.

Festival banners usuallly come around about once a season, and have assortments of items from many different games for a variety of characters, often without any specific intentional focus. Most of these banners are at least okay if you don't have a bunch of duplicate items from them, and the best of them are sometimes better than normal event banners because they combine several of the best relics from different realms into one drop table.

There's SOMETHING of value on almost every normal event banner these days, though usually each event has one banner that stands out above the other of the two, for example in the current FFT event the first banner (Marche/Ramza/Agrias) is better than the other because Marche and Ramza's stuff is just more universally-helpful than just about any other FFT loot.

• Locked thread