Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Uncle Ulty posted:

Without specific, achievable goals to work towards, my whole FFRK world has been turned upside down.

Do you have all the available record materia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone break down the Eiko banners for me? I see hype for Eiko 1 but I've been planning on using my pull on Eiko 2.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks. Looks like I'm still pulling on 2 since I already have shout and also like Zidane and Vivi a lot. Though the Eiko BSB commands are pretty excellent, too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr Pepper posted:

The main reason I'm apprehensive about Eiko 1 is that I'm really afraid I'll only get a third Wizard Rod.

That just means you can make it an 8*+++ statstick! My Lullaby Rod has 126 magic and 144 mind without synergy :haw:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Given how easily you can find shout RWs now that we can refresh the list I'd say literally anything of niche usage is better nowadays ;)

You'll probably see less summons per day unless a fight where someone needs the niche is active but vOv

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kalensc posted:

Yeah, my Divine Guardian with RS gear went from getting 4k~ most days and 6k+ on "everyone is battling Ultimates" days to under 2k a day since the refresh option was added.

Of course the gil isn't important at this stage of the game, but it's nice to see that I helped a bunch of people work through content. I've long-assumed that the majority would RW something with Hastega due to CM limitations, and Regen and Res+ tended to be very useful against most bosses, so I always stuck with Garnet as my RW. Once the CM shifts down to just U+ and the U++ becomes an A-Team task though, perhaps I'll rotate through Wall, Divine Guardian, and Bartz/Ramza BSBs depending on the optimal boss strategy.

I just leave wall up because A: I'm lazy and B: there are a lot of hastegas going around nowadays and wall is getting replaced by the other new shiny SBs more and more as well. Also bonus C: My Edward Faithga + Hastega is completely outclassed by Sheepsong.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beat the U++ CM :toot: Thanks to all the people in the thread for posting their setups, I hadn't even thought about using the Hope BSB but that's what made the big difference for me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Attestant posted:

Here's what I used on my run, also a Hope BSB strat:

Basically I ignored the need for a Hastega entirely, and had Cait Sith manually haste the three other characters that didn't get it from the burst.

To piggyback on this, I gave Vincent the +holy damage RM instead of blood of the summoner (do Hope's BSB commands even count as summon attacks?), had way less synergy, gave Cait Sith Curaga instead of Haste, and Yuffie a ninja magic instead of one of the dances (I had the magic reduction one), and I still mastered it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Edly posted:

I think I can beat the U+ dragon zombie fight if I do the build-up-SB-and-mythril-continue trick. How do I get the most out of my continue? If I move all my characters to the back row for the SB-building run, then continue, then flee and move my attackers into the front row, do I lose the continue bonus?

Yes, you'll lose the bonus if you leave the fight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have 91 mythril and I can't decide if I want to 11 pull on Eiko 1 or Larsa 1 :( (50 is reserved for Eiko 2 so I can't do both). Or I guess I could pull on neither and save for something in the future but I don't know what's coming up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL real question is when they will fix the glitch of Cloud not having FFT Synergy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

Got my 3rd copy of Steiner's sword, that's enough now

Grats on your 8* item :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like getting a single off-banner non-SB relic is even more of a kick in the balls than getting nothing nowadays :sigh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

2/11, Flame Staff and Ragnarok! :toot:

Switching to Proof of Existence for the time being. aVdY for those who need it. I've got a Cypress Pile+++, so my li'l Vivi is sporting 570+ MAG.

This was pretty much perfect for me, the only other things I would have wanted were Tin Armor and Bistro Fork, but considering that Flame Staff was my chase relic, can't really complain about this at all.

Now to decide if I'm going to bite the bullet and pull on Keeper 2 for the Red Hat and the chance of getting SG/Shout...

I don't know how these things work, but does a higher mind make burst mode last longer? Because considering most people are RW-ing BSBs for the attack/defend commands, getting enough mind to do get an extra turn or two out of burst mode may be worth losing a little damage on entry.

Benthalus posted:

I disagree completely. Unless you already have perfect synergy gear for the best team in a realm, that 5* weapon or armor will almost certainly be an upgrade. Or give you flexibility to bring a different character if need be.

And if not, its a Rosetta stone.

Don't know how to quantify it but it's absolutely worse for me :shrug: It doesn't help that I got a mage hat for FF7 when I already have two good ones.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 17, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

QuantaStarFire posted:

I hope they pick the FFXIV Halloween music for this year's BGM

They should use FF XIV music for everything possible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

the U+++ for the FFII event

They're adding another ultimate level already? :stare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Perfected the CM with a Vivi BSB :toot: Managed to kill Z&T with Garnet while Vivi and Kuja were charging a doublecast fira so meltigemini was at like 2/3 HP before it even got to act

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

Looks like EXP dungeons are going to be twice per week in six months' time.

Several dungeons also get dual synergy, for instance, Black/Power has synergy for both IV and VIII. Basically, every realm has at least one daily per week now.

Summon/NE dungeon to make thursdailies worth doing now too!

Hopefully we get this accelerated to us like most of these kinds of upgrades instead of having to wait six months.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone explain to me how they're getting like 30k damage with Maria's BSB commands on the U+? I'm barely even cracking 10k.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KnoxZone posted:

The command increases in hits (and damage) based on Maria's magic. So to most effectively use it you want at least 1 magic buff (sheep, faith, etc), plus devotion. Once you enter burst mode you use her buff command 2. With all four of those buffs combined you use command one and....

This happens. (Well ok, this also benefits from the fact that I RD'd Maria for the +12% black magic and equipped her with the gaia gear from Tyro 2 for the +earth).

Oh, I didn't actually draw the BSB so I was RW-ing it to try and beat the CM. Maybe I can get away with giving Faith to someone. Shame she can't use MM too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I better get my 25 Mythril so I can pull on Larsa 1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If I don't get my mythril before the 12 banner ends my salt will be at dangerous levels

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm pretty sure you'll get it in time to pull your Danjuro

That would give me a 6+ which would be pretty cool tbh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bad Boy Brawl, featuring a prettyboy, a child that works in a library, and a dad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I couldn't remember so I went with the safe option since a Granddad is still a dad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KataraniSword posted:

loving what.

So we have to wait a week for no given reason, and are just being told "yeah deal with it, it was a gift anyway"? That seems a bit. Frustrating, especially for people who were hoping to pull on the Larsa banners with that.

To say nothing of the fact we apparently have a loving bannerfest coming. It doesn't even matter that the banners are relatively crap, it's more the principle of the thing, and kind of a giant middle finger out of nowhere.

Welp, I'm done spending money on this game.

Armitage posted:

Man, that wait's inconvenient. The FFX event is next, correct? That's one I wanna pull on but I wouldn't have the mythril to pull without the 25 Halloween mythril.

You'll have the mythril to pull on it before the event ends though. Which is more than I can say.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 1, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

For the people who needed the Halloween Mythril to pull on a Larsa banner, I feel you, but it might be worth shooting an e-mail to support in order to ask them to extend the event. Event extensions are not unheard of, it happened with Shirtless Sephiroth when they messed up the CM conditions (which was in our favor, to boot) and since they apparently can't deliver the hanging Mythril before the ETA, this might be your best shot at it.

I actually did that already!

At least I hope I did, when you go to the DeNa support page they send you to the strategy guide and the support link there is only for the guide, so it took a bit of googling and guessing to send it to what I hope was the right e-mail.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

acumen posted:

For those who missed out on the 25 for Larsa 2 just think of it as 25 more mythril for an actual good banner like FFXIV, OK, or Orlandeau.

With hotness like that within the next few months I may even break my rule of always pulling on half-price draws.

I had mythril budgeted for those banners already though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Varance posted:

Magus Twins

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

isn't there three of them though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IllegallySober posted:

I know several of you keep Excel spreadsheets to sort your relics. Could one or two of you post yours again so I can see how you have it organized? Trying to put one together for myself. Thanks!

I haven't updated this in a while but

I'll probably get rid of the 4* stuff and have BSB as Bold Underlined (and OSB as All Three if I ever get one)

I suppose I'll need an 8* color for my Lullaby Rod as well. Probably gold since I try to base them off the background.

Also, I'm real happy that I can pull on the FF XII banner but now I don't know if I want to save it for a later event or not :downs:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 4, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Attestant posted:

Mine's starting to get a bit long, because I also use it to help me remember who has SB's in the first place. I'll probably start dropping non-character relics or armor down to separate rows soon.

Yeah, dropping Armor into its own section really helped clean it up for me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:stare:

When do those start?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I did a lucky draw pull last night and got the Artemis bow :toot:

I have three BSBs and they are all from FFV :lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Juxta posted:

Put Ashe's BSB up as RM for Omega: akiM

I killed him with no healing thanks to this lmao what a joke.

Since I haven't updated in a while, which I was reminded of by the poster who asked for help making their own, I figured that the end of this mini-fest was a good time to update my Synergy sheet.

So uh...when's the next V event again? :v:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 11, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Attestant posted:

What I do have issues with is remembering what soul breaks I actually have. I've been using the same few A-Team members for ages now, only really branching out during Cid's Missions. This had lead to some really silly things like forgetting certain SSB's I have entirely, when they would have been perfect from some boss or whatever.

I constantly forget that I have Terra's BSB. I don't even remember how I got it. Part of making the list is that it helps me remember what I do have, though. Another part is that it really helps me cut out 5++ items that I really don't need anymore.

I might have to make another list like that one though to keep track.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sprite141 posted:

Bartz gets 5* spellblade skills, which will be relevant soon enough.

He has it by default. Also Tornado Strike is good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sprite141 posted:

Eventually you should get two start witha single sb charge record materias. One from cloud and one from tyro.

Lechtansi posted:

shout and SS2 first turn

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hit him with Halting Rumba on Yuffie for a hundredth of a second and then blew him the gently caress up with my two mages because Ashe's BSB commands go through reflect.

I also brought Edward for his Haste+Faith-ga ans Y'shtola for SS2 and Esuna so Edward could land full break so I could get full mastery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KnoxZone posted:

Ask and you shall receive...

:aaaaa:

I don't even care if I get dupes, that's a flippin BSB lucky draw

• Locked thread