Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop
i was trying to eat a lemon slice to neutralize a particular kind of acid i get with heartburn. i can p much take educated guesses on what kinds of foods i need to eat to keep things in check, but this time i accidentally somehow squirted the lemon into my windpipe instead of having it go down into my stomach, and my throat closed up instantly from it and insisted on staying closed, but i found if i took big gasping breaths it would open back up again. so i was gasping loudly and almost dying and coughing but my friend in the other room was really high and didn't notice much

i was sweating profusely for exhaustion and decided it was time to go outside and cool off, and trying to spit the juice out of my wind hole from the 2nd floor. ate a spoon full of peanut butter helped lots to collect all the little juice particles hanging around, and for about a good half hour so far, whenever i clear my throat i get a big burning lemon flavor way down in my throat which i spit out

anyway, if this ever happens to you, try the peanut butter trick. helped me a bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

eating lemon juice to neutralize an acid fundamentally doesn't make sense. lemons are pretty acidic on their own. you don't neutralize an acid with more acid. lemon ph is 2, while stomach acid ranges from 1.5 to 3.0. At 1.5 I guess you could dilute the acid a little but its not going to truly neutralize it.

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I bet your breath is very refreshing

LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop

joke_explainer posted:

eating lemon juice to neutralize an acid fundamentally doesn't make sense. lemons are pretty acidic on their own. you don't neutralize an acid with more acid. lemon ph is 2, while stomach acid ranges from 1.5 to 3.0. At 1.5 I guess you could dilute the acid a little but its not going to truly neutralize it.

there's lots of different acid reflex. i dont know much, but my doctor says some are "metallic" and others are i dunno. even though i used the peanut butter to try to get rid of the residual lemon, peanut butter is actually just the kind of thing that can give me acid reflux. other than lemons, apples are also something that can help. i also take a nightly medication called ranitidine

City of Glompton

lpo do you have bile reflux perhaps?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

joke_explainer

City of Glompton posted:

that would make more sense.

LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop

City of Glompton posted:

joke_explainer posted:

that would make more sense.

woah, maybe you thought of something that my doctors didn't think of! i'll definitely bring this up, thanks :)

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Maybe this is your transformation into some lemon based superhero.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Wait and see if you get a lemon power.

Bhauk

Wamdoodle posted:

Maybe this is your transformation into some lemon based superhero.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google posted:

Lemons, like apple cider vinegar, are also alkaline-forming, although they taste sour. In this way, lemons also help neutralize acidity in the stomach. Try drinking one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice about 10 minutes before a meal to help prevent acid reflux.

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

There's the trick. You have to swallow the lemon juice, not inhale it though I can see where the confusion comes from.

LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop

Wamdoodle posted:

There's the trick. You have to swallow the lemon juice, not inhale it though I can see where the confusion comes from.

ah thank you. i don't know the science behind it, but i know it works for some reason most of the time. swallowing definitely though, not inhaling it! that may cause you to die like i almost did

joke_explainer

so how's that work? what is it reacting with to make alkalines?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

so how's that work? what is it reacting with to make alkalines?

no idea, i just googled "lemon helps acid reflux" because i was curious due to the thread

i'm glad you didn't die lpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aryu Kiddimeh
When the lungs encounter a substance as acidic as lemon juice they begin create mucus to cleanse the irritant, unfortunately they are not accustomed to modern day engineered lemons which have a higher than normal concentration of citric acid to meet consumer demand. The lungs will not be able to clear trace amounts of the irritant and the reflex will continue until your lungs fill with fluid, leading to eventual suffocation. Unfortunately there are no know medical procedures to reverse the process. You have 16 to 32 hours depending on the dosage. Make your peace with God...

• Locked thread