Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave the debate uncobbed?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Ed Balls
Robert Morrow
View Results

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
A kebab would be real nice right now. Real nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
boosted you such a pathetic fartbrain you came crawling back here after getting lmao'd off reddit you little mangy punkass

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

excuse me, that Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" poo poo

she wanted to talk about team of rivals which everyone in washington loves but her team probably said it was too elitist and go with the spielberg adaptation instead

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Dr. AA Hazredstein posted:

It's called a Döner, please eat Turkish cuisine
:yum:

It's called a Donner, please eat the rest of your party

:ese:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Powered Descent posted:

But enough about Trump. :v:

GymnastyThom
Nov 26, 2005
Do you smell something? You know what that reminds me of? That smells like.. vampire shit.
Watching the CNN feed via YouTube, when Corey Lewandowski joined the panel there was an amazing heckler super audible, anyone have the clip??

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I love you Carrie Fisher

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I love you Carrie Fisher

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

someone get her on cnn with the chyron "Carrie Fisher — COKE EXPERT"

goatsofdoom
Jan 15, 2008
MSNBC was a minute ago talking about the rumors.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I don't know how to explain this election to kids and grandkids down the line. People always look back at the Kennedy/Nixon debates as a major moment in Presidential election history, but this is beyond any election that I've known of or read about. I mean nothing in the modern era compares and I'm not sure Roosevelt running against former friend Taft is at this level. We're living through some country altering history.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

goatsofdoom posted:

MSNBC was a minute ago talking about the rumors.

Pence dropping?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

marioinblack posted:

I don't know how to explain this election to kids and grandkids down the line. People always look back at the Kennedy/Nixon debates as a major moment in Presidential election history, but this is beyond any election that I've known of or read about. I mean nothing in the modern era compares and I'm not sure Roosevelt running against former friend Taft is at this level. We're living through some country altering history.

"Clowns were wreaking havoc on our country. But enough about the 2016 election, you know that always gives grandpappy the shivers."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Homework Explainer posted:

someone get her on cnn with the chyron "Carrie Fisher — COKE EXPERT"

I wonder what it takes to become Senior Coke Correspondent

goatsofdoom
Jan 15, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Pence dropping?

Yeah no new details.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Powered Descent posted:

I heard something about donors, quick alert the trump foundation

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
I take it "putin" doesn't count as the P-word right?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

all rear end no class posted:

I take it "putin" doesn't count as the P-word right?

nope. lastgirl and i will sort out the winners tomorrow

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Dr. AA Hazredstein posted:

"Clowns were wreaking havoc on our country. But enough about the 2016 election, you know that always gives grandpappy the shivers."

White walkers patrolled the land on giant ice spider. poo poo really hit the fan in 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Virtually nobody would change their vote. Trump went from getting his rear end kicked to getting his rear end kicked. What a victory.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Nonsense posted:

Pence dropping?

Looks unlikely. He sent out a congratulatory tweet about Trump "winning" the debate and that he's proud to stand with him.

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/785310165327151104

Gizmoduck_5000 has issued a correction as of 06:11 on Oct 10, 2016

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Looks unlikely. He sent out a congratulatory tweet about Trump "winning" the debate and that he's proud to stand with him.

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/785310165327151104

If Pence was/is thinking about dropping, he would still make that exact tweet, he knows he has to work with the GOP to get himself taken off the ticket, if he ever wants to run for office again at least.

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
gonna be honest, i'm a little afraid. and i live in liberal california. but we are literally this close to full fascism.

jailing political opponents is what the gently caress. this country loving takes in those that are fleeing political persecution.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
God damnit I'm late for everything. Time to look at the DVR.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm watching the first Kennedy/Nixon debate for the hell of it and it's hilarious how friendly it is compared to ones in recent history. Even with Nixon being a literal evil vampire! Things really have gone to poo poo :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Stuff posted:

gonna be honest, i'm a little afraid. and i live in liberal california. but we are literally this close to full fascism.

It's not as close as you'd think!

But nothing's guaranteed so volunteer anyway. Running up the margins counts towards Congress.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I was nervous, but I'm glad to see bacon lost the debate.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I'm watching the first Kennedy/Nixon debate for the hell of it and it's hilarious how friendly it is compared to ones in recent history. Even with Nixon being a literal evil vampire! Things really have gone to poo poo :(

Nixon was evil in 1960 but his brain didn't break into full blown tricky-dick until the 1962 "kick around nixon" speech.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Powered Descent posted:

I wonder what it takes to become Senior Coke Correspondent

about a kilo

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Does anyone have the approximate timestamp of Trump loving the chair please? I'd like to see if I can gif it.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

marioinblack posted:

A political party should have bit the bullet and lost weight (stopped pandering to/cut out all the extremists) but it didn't and kept gouging itself (tried to have it both ways, dog whistling, etc) and eventually they ended up with diabetes and lost both their legs (Trump came along and refused to 'play properly' and the extremists all stood up and cheered and pushed him to the front of the line and then right off a cliff). They refused to make themselves suffer and it just made sure they suffered a lot more when all was said and done.

Honestly I think we might be seeing the complete destruction of the GOP and a generation of democratic presidents as the inmates run the asylum and burn it down and then they have to slowly rebuild because no one with any sense trusts them any more. Hell, maybe we shouldn't be worried about Hillary: maybe we should be worried about whoever is elected in 2032 heading into the White House pulling the Stalinism card because their opposition ate themselves alive and no one stops them until it's too late.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cornwind Evil posted:

Honestly I think we might be seeing the complete destruction of the GOP and a generation of democratic presidents as the inmates run the asylum and burn it down and then they have to slowly rebuild because no one with any sense trusts them any more. Hell, maybe we shouldn't be worried about Hillary: maybe we should be worried about whoever is elected in 2032 heading into the White House pulling the Stalinism card because their opposition ate themselves alive and no one stops them until it's too late.

honestly i'm just curious what it ends up looking like when it's "democrats" vs 3 or 4 "3rd party" groups, of which the gasping remnants of evangelicals make up the "republican" bloc

will the left wing vs. moderate democrats finally fracture into disparate groups now that there's nothing to push the far-left into the "moderate" category because "it's better than the right wing"? destroy the two-party system and the electoral college, have a senate/house that with 3 or more parties represented?

probably not, but it's nice to dream about

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

So apparently the Trump camp tried to put Bill Clinton's accusers in the family box and to try to get him to shake hands with them, but the debate commission shut it down and threatened to have them removed by security.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/785359490941988864

https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/785359288793374720

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Look Around You posted:

So apparently the Trump camp tried to put Bill Clinton's accusers in the family box and to try to get him to shake hands with them, but the debate commission shut it down and threatened to have them removed by security.

Why do you hate women so much? It's very problematic that you don't think their stories are worth hearing.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

frankenfreak posted:

I knew it wasn't a good card, but I had some hope for the second and third columns. :sad:

Your bottom row "B" should be filled in, first townhall question was "The first debate was TV-MA ad not something children should have been watching..." btw

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think all in all what I came away with from the debate was a sense of depression that we're using the presidential debate to talk about who's the bigger rapist.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Lycus posted:

Virtually nobody would change their vote. Trump went from getting his rear end kicked to getting his rear end kicked. What a victory.

As Sam Wang said - and as much as Nate Silver likes to disparage him and talk about how volatile the race is, he (accidently?) said the same thing in his debate log tonight - the race is incredibly stable and even major things like the Trump Tape only move things a comparable small amount. Too bad for Trump it is very stable at +4 Clinton.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Look Around You posted:

Right out some lovely Reality TV script. I bet this was Trump's own idea and he was really, really proud of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Look Around You posted:

Jesus Christ what the gently caress happened to you, Guiliani?

• Locked thread