Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Problem description: The game Fez seems to not like my computer in a special way. Some graphics are missing entirely. They are not exactly plot critical, but the game becomes more difficult without them, and some hints are missing. I cannot see trees, moving objects, or decorative background objects. I've played most of the way through the game, but I'd like to see it as it should be.
It looks like:

It should look like

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem?
Deleted and reinstalled the local game files, tried to update graphics driver, deleted graphics driver and forced a reinstall, messed with the settings in the game. I should note there are other games that run too slowly for me to play, but I've never had missing graphics before.

Recent changes: Have you made any changes to your system/configuration recently that might have caused the problem?
I upgraded to 10 6 months back or so. No clue if it's related.
--

Operating system: Windows 10

System specs: Acer Aspire 5750-6866, i3 processor @2.3 gig, 4 gig of ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000 listed under display adapter. I should note that I'm amazed this machine is doing as well as it is. It tends to overheat and shut down if it's on a flat surface and I demand too much processing power of it. I once threw it from halfway down the stairs to keep myself from falling face-first (thanks, cat). It was maybe 5 feet high and went 15 feet or so. The wireless card failed not too long after that, but I stuck in a usb one and it's been fine since. No other major issues aside from a loose power jack.

USA

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Domus fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Did you try installing the latest beta graphics drivers from the Intel website?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Do you have a link? Their driver update utility doesn't think I need anything, but it's unlikely to cover betas. The only thing I see for 10 is for N-series processors.

Domus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 11, 2016

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice
Looks like they're not publishing new drivers for older GPUs. this looks like the latest driver from May.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
That's for 4000 series, and I've got a 3000 series, so it does not work on my computer. Not that it's very easy to tell. Seriously, why is Intel's site so poo poo? Anyways, it looks like they just don't make one for 10, so I'm SOL. But thank you so much for trying to help!

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

College Slice
My bad, that driver is for 2000-series GPUs and I forgot those were newer than 3000-series (thanks Intel!) Intel may release an updated driver at some point but until then you're likely screwed.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
I remembered seeing something about Fez and Intel graphics, did a bit of searching and...

"Compatibility notice: Integrated Intel graphics devices are not supported. Intel HD devices with the newest drivers may work but are not fully supported."
via https://www.gog.com/support/fez, see System Requirements on the right hand side

Sorry. :(

Blame the dev

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Whoops, I missed this, AF. Thanks a ton!. Now I know I really am SOL, and can stop looking for a solution. Great memory you have. I need some of that.

• Locked thread