Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think they need to end. They are distracting and annoying. Many of us have jobs in which it is perfectly appropriate to browse SA during breaks, but we cannot download things like uBlock. And since we cannot download those add-ons, SA goes from a harmless site to an inappropriate-looking one. Can we please stop using these, mods? Everyone hates them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

use the phone app i guess

congrats on the bad job too

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

So glad you brought this to our attention

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just block it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

where do you work that you can casually and confidently browse the forums on your desktop but can't download a browser extension

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

ssh tunnel

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i miss the everdraed stylesheet :(

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

where do you work that you can casually and confidently browse the forums on your desktop but can't download a browser extension

Anywhere where casual internet use is fine but something like that idiotic halloween JEB poo poo raises a lot of eyebrows and "what the hell is that?"

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

why don't you get back to loving work you care mad bitch

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hello it is me, your boss. get back to work

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

blue squares posted:

Many of us have jobs in which it is perfectly appropriate to browse SA during breaks, but we cannot download things like uBlock.

lol what kind of lovely company do you work at?

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

shook squares

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I need that Happymeal at the drive through window yesterday blue squares quit slacking off.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

counterpoint: what if instead complaining about the background image or asking how to block it in the Trump thread was made a probatable offense?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

counterpoint: what if instead complaining about the background image or asking how to block it in the Trump thread was made a probatable offense?

sorry but your grammar is all hosed

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
i use chome on anroid and it's the only thing that can't block it out but it also doesn't really slow it down

a jpg isn't going to have the same effect that lovely gif would

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

pseudorandom name posted:

sorry the calibre of posting is brought up by rational thought

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: at complaining about a static image.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Use devtools to display: none it if its that bad

Ya you have to do it every time the page loads, so what

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

blue squares posted:

I think they need to end. They are distracting and annoying. Many of us have jobs in which it is perfectly appropriate to browse SA during breaks, but we cannot download things like uBlock. And since we cannot download those add-ons, SA goes from a harmless site to an inappropriate-looking one. Can we please stop using these, mods? Everyone hates them.

delete blue and the s from your name imo

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Get a real job

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

whats the code to drop into ad block again?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

delete blue and the s from your name imo

Quare?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

The blue links aren't really readable with the dark background, bring back running Jeb!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

when i first read it i thought she was going for a lue quares as a "who cares?" joke but i realized i misread it and now i don't get it at all.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

Quare?

no i meant the one on the end :negative:

my quip ruined

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lamentable dustman posted:

The blue links aren't really readable with the dark background, bring back running Jeb!

you do have a point

i could offer some alternatives such as

or

to be fitting for the new subforum name

(they're worse :sparkles:)

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 15:29 on Oct 10, 2016

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

magiccarpet posted:

whats the code to drop into ad block again?

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
the best part about the dumb style sheets is that I had adblock turned off for SA, but I turned it back on so I could figure how to block the stylesheets (unsuccessfully). The moral of the story is that SA is losing thousands of dollars because of this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ah you were trying to call him a square.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Minge Binge posted:

the best part about the dumb style sheets is that I had adblock turned off for SA, but I turned it back on so I could figure how to block the stylesheets (unsuccessfully). The moral of the story is that SA is losing thousands of dollars because of this

the most common reason people use adblock on this or any other site isn't to block style sheets. its because malicious advertisements are the number one attack vector for any machine and it's one of the basic rules for safer browsing.

i'll admit that the gif background hosed up my browsing a bit on an old laptop, but this new one is cool and good.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It's okay, everyone else at work already knows you're weird + lazy, they didn't need to see the Jeb background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

what happened to the super good stylesheet

• Locked thread