Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WC1Y4mdblk

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10s-big-microsoft-paint-refresh-now-you-get-3d-objects-stickers-new-tools/

quote:

Microsoft has been working on a major refresh of its Paint app for Windows, which introduces support for 3D objects, stickers, and other tools for creatives.

A video demonstration and tutorial for the new Paint, found by Twitter user WalkingCat, details a complete overhaul and new features to support 3D creation, sharing 3D designs with a community of artists, and stickers.

The new app is currently only available to invited alpha testers but it may get a wider showing at Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10 event on October 26, according to Windows enthusiast site Thurrot.com. Microsoft watchers expect the company will unveil an all-in-one Surface PC and a possible Surface keyboard and mouse.

Goons, the world of memes and lovely ms paint edits may change forever! Soon we will be making memes in 3D!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvfiBdNOAso

While we await the revolution post some paint masterpieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Does it work on macs?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I can't wait to make something like this 3d:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget these gems!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Jesus that lady's hair. That is what Microsoft's market research has yielded as being a "hip" haircut for the youngsters. Seriously gently caress you Microsoft.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Gimbal lock posted:

Jesus that lady's hair. That is what Microsoft's market research has yielded as being a "hip" haircut for the youngsters. Seriously gently caress you Microsoft.

hot take: maybe it's good that a technology company is focused on technology and sucks at being cool

instead of being focused on being cool and sucks at techology, like another technology company, I won't say its name but lets just say it rhymes with bapple

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The whole point of Paint is that it is extremely crude compared to serious image applications. That's the whole charm of it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

AugmentedVision posted:

hot take: maybe it's good that a technology company is focused on technology and sucks at being cool

instead of being focused on being cool and sucks at techology, like another technology company, I won't say its name but lets just say it rhymes with bapple

Considering the source, I'm willing to bet that someone did some research on what kind of hair this lady should have in their video.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

personally i am looking forward to the sleek new version of notepad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Parallax Scroll posted:

personally i am looking forward to the sleek new version of notepad

I own an analog notepad

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
"creatives"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gimbal lock posted:

Unfortunately that is the hairstyle that's really popular right now for men and women, gramps.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I made the switch to wordpad in 95 and was immediately overwhelmed, I hope that M$$$ ghas learnt from those mistakes.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Gimbal lock posted:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
The third dimension is not a medium, it is a dimension.

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
F A G G

A N A L

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i didnt believe it but then i saw her haircut and knew it really would appeal to creative people like me

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i believe in lady skrillex

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Humans can't even see 3D anyway, it's only our brains pretend to.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Gimbal lock posted:

I think her hair is hot. It's the rest of her that is 'meh'.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gimbal lock posted:

but undercuts are extremely trendy. They have been since, like, before 2012. :viggo: You just outed yourself as one of those Gen Xers who are so out of it they still think frosted tips are cool.

Also if you don't like undercuts or any variation of them (even if they weren't "in"), you lack any traces of taste.

That being said, these new features look dope. I can't wait to make ironic shitpost memes in 3D. :unsmigghh:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

u can already do 3d stuff in mspaint

SA EXCLUSIVE:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hmmmm

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

using a dotted or dashed line is a good way to indicate 3d-ism

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matey posted:

u can already do 3d stuff in mspaint

SA EXCLUSIVE:

Kinda looks like a vag if you tilt you're head.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think you are onto something here...

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Kinda looks like a vag if you tilt you're head.

well, it is a box :smugmrgw:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matey posted:

well, it is a box :smugmrgw:

:jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm starting to get the hang of this "drawn 3d" thing!

• Locked thread