Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ranma Fan Art posted:

drat that's some deep thought put into the fast and the furious Tokyo drift

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Pawn 17 posted:

Can we do a physics analysis of the cars jumping between skyscrapers from Furious 7 please?

2nded

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Sure guys, just let me plug it into my physics analyser.

You getting butt hosed isn't gonna help us

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Pookum posted:

We need another stats goon to run the numbers. Possibly re enact the jump with hot wheels

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

Here, let me explain. The guy driving the car is cool (and hot). The car he is driving is also cool and very fast. The idea of jumping a car between two skyscrapers is extremely cool. The cool guy drives a cool fast car sideways then jumps between two buildings, which, as discussed before, is extremely cool. What do you not understand?

Do not accost the helpful goons.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Captain Yossarian posted:

Listen I ramp my 91' Nissan truck all the time it's easy

But you're a dog!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Some one add a slide whistle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Good Dog posted:

I would use the x as a known (since we know the distance between the two buildings) and instead solve for y (the drop). Like if the drop was 16m instead of 15m like your assumption, that might be enough to get you over 50m traveled.

You've got gravitational acceleration down as vertical velocity.

x=x0+vx0t+.5axt2
y=y0+vy0t+.5ayt2

x is distance between buildings
x0 is 0
vx0 is how fast you want to go at takeoff
ax is 0 unless you want to get fancy and include drag (in the negative) based on the frontal area of the car
y0 is 0
vy0 is 0
ay is -9.8m/s^2

Your unknowns are t and y, and you have 2 equations to solve for them. If y is greater than however high you think the car jumps from, it'd have hit the ground before reaching the other tower.

Did these guys get enough distance to go between buildings though??

Luckily, I have my Texas Instruments 83 silver. So solving this should be a breeze......

• Locked thread