Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Bismuth posted:

I just watched this film for the first time and it was clear to me about halfway through that Twinkie doesn’t actually exist.

My first clue is how out of place he is: an inner-city style thuggish stereotype who hustles goods, wears braids/dew rags, and American sports attire, attending a Tokyo highschool. It immediately raised a lot of questions; how did he get there? Why is he like this? Who are his parents? Where is all his money coming from?? How long has he been in Japan? He obviously wasn’t an exchange student, he’s far too well established among the racing crowd and as a mechanic to have only been there for a few months. And he couldn’t have gotten there on his own, he’s a minor. The rest of the movie I waited for some back story or explanation of who Twink was, after all it came for all the other characters (including Neela who was an even less important character) so why not him?

Hey OP not to take the wind out of your sales but I'm pretty sure Bow-wow's character mentioned being an army brat. His dad is stationed in Japan along with the main character's

but I havent seen this movie in 8 years or whenever it first came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread