Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

a new study bible! posted:

This dude is the physical embodiment of the Bears' season

https://twitter.com/DavidSharp_11/status/787767956935704576

That was satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

instant karma doesn't always mean getting up by three guys, but sometimes it does.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

got any sevens posted:

Wait, the reds kicker wanted to boot it through the endzone? They get the ball at the 25 now, better to make them run it back and maybe fumble.

Considering the result of the play following the penalty your logic is suspect.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
GDT is up
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794586

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788157960010825728

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

How many times is this now?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Don't worry, Eifert Posting will be along with clips of other people stepping on things any minute.

e: haha, poor EP will never live that down.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

Don't worry, Eifert Posting will be along with clips of other people stepping on things any minute.

Ndamukong Suh stepped on Wilson's ankle in week 1. It was totally accidental and I don't think Suh is dirty. Not dirty like Burfict is.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Albert Haynesworth stepped on a dudes head

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Reminder that Blount is a gigantic piece of poo poo who was such a bitch about Lev Bell having a 200 yard game that he went and sat on the team bus instead of finishing out the game

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
the gently caress? how is that relevant to anything?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I love that this is ignored, but then Gronk gets penalized for calling Burfict a bitch. Next time how about we let him or Bennett run this gently caress into the dirt and give em a raise.

Oberst posted:

Can I have your jerseys? Seems like both your team and you personally are sore losers, even though you should be used to it by now :v:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

WHOOPS posted:

I have zero sympathy for him, that's what

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

WHOOPS posted:

you don't get stepped on when you play the game the rightsteelers way bitch

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Joe Flacco concussed a bitch baby with his unrelenting iron dong

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Impressively enough, there can be more than one rear end in a top hat in a situation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PS sorry your rapist QB got hurt yesterday. I called him suffering his first of his annual 3 injuries much earlier than week 6 and had to buy a guy a hoagie fml

Oberst
May 24, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

neat.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't have any sympathy for a nobody from the other conference either but I think it's still bad that Burfict stomped on his leg in a clear attempt to injure him

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

reminder: J Russ stepped on a twinkie

and ate it anyway

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chris James 2 posted:

PS sorry your rapist QB got hurt yesterday. I called him suffering his first of his annual 3 injuries much earlier than week 6 and had to buy a guy a hoagie fml

It's ok, he'll get another DUI and be back in top form before the month's out.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
burfict's dog though

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

enh, I'm madder about Landry Jones starting than I am about Ben having his umpteenth injury. Maybe next year the team I like will plan for Ben's annual injury a bit better since there's no way Jones gets an extension

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Oberst posted:

There are 0 things wrong with this post.

A lot of us feel this way, come back after a while, hate ourselves a lotbit.

Hope to see you 'round somewhere

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Reminder that Blount is a gigantic piece of poo poo who was such a bitch about Lev Bell having a 200 yard game that he went and sat on the team bus instead of finishing out the game

Then he won a Super Bowl with the Pats. :laugh:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Grittybeard posted:

Nor should he, unless he owns it, like making out with a kicking net after the world makes fun of you for losing a fight with it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Brannock posted:

I don't have any sympathy for a nobody from the other conference either but I think it's still bad that Burfict stomped on his leg in a clear attempt to injure him

There are specific players that it's incredibly easy to dislike, and Blount happens to one of them for me. You or anyone else is free to characterize it as something more than a personal dislike for Blount if you like.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sean10mm posted:

Then he won a Super Bowl with the Pats. :laugh:

The same way an equipment managers wins the Super Bowl. I guess.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Vontaze Burfict did nothing wrong

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Burfict won't be in the league long but I'm enjoying him in the meantime. Crazy AFC North Linebackers 4 lyfe.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There are specific players that it's incredibly easy to dislike, and Blount happens to one of them for me. You or anyone else is free to characterize it as something more than a personal dislike for Blount if you like.

I think his point was you can hate Blount and still think Burfict made a(nother) dirty play.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Rode that team bus straight to a Super Bowl ring though

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CharlestheHammer posted:

The same way an equipment managers wins the Super Bowl. I guess.

It was nice when he clowned the Colts for the umpteenth time. :sun:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Vontaze Burfict did nothing wrong

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

sean10mm posted:

Much like how the equipment managers clowned the Colts with deflated balls

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I think his point was you can hate Blount and still think Burfict made a(nother) dirty play.

I mean, is not not given that a Steelers fan thinks Burfict is dirty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sean10mm posted:

A chicken with a football taped to its back could do that.

• Locked thread