Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There are specific players that it's incredibly easy to dislike, and Blount happens to one of them for me. You or anyone else is free to characterize it as something more than a personal dislike for Blount if you like.

I have no idea why you're being a big bitch baby but maybe take a step back and relax a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There are specific players that it's incredibly easy to dislike, and Blount happens to one of them for me. You or anyone else is free to characterize it as something more than a personal dislike for Blount if you like.

It's more the whole "defending Burfict" bits that people take offense to.

You know. Because you're being a giant bitch-baby over a situation where Burfict tried to injure someone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big deal. some, people dont even have legs to be stepped on.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
teddy bridgewater wishes he could have his leg stepped on right now

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wanting to see players injured is actually cool and good

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Hey leave Blount alone he's just trying to live up to his own namesake.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Naturally Selected posted:

It's more the whole "defending Burfict" bits that people take offense to.

You know. Because you're being a giant bitch-baby over a situation where Burfict tried to injure someone.

Lol it's true criticize a Patriot and it means you support Burfict

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Sometimes you hit a rough patch, overreact, and need a change of scenery.

It's understandable that it happens, but there's no sense in saying it didn't.

Cavauro posted:

Big deal. some, people dont even have legs to be stepped on.

The legs my sister makes can withstand that kind of abuse. Maybe people should just buy them from her instead of using those fragile fleshbags :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

counterpoint

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Guys, Burfict just lost his cool again, its not like he is doing stuff like that every pl...

https://twitter.com/RealWorldSports/status/788007778870624256?s=09

Oh.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

swickles posted:

Guys, Burfict just lost his cool again, its not like he is doing stuff like that every pl...

https://twitter.com/RealWorldSports/status/788007778870624256?s=09

Oh.

gently caress a review, just give LG, Martellus and Gronk some get out of jail free cards next time they see this idiot on the field.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Vontaze Burfict did nothing wrong

im not comfortable adding him to the list yet

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

whats his stance on curses, and on weapons that are forged against him? can they prosper?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
But Ryan Shazier and Jeremy Hill

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 18, 2016

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

lol Bucs can't help themselves. They are signing another former Falcon, RB Antone Smith.

Antone is cool. Go Noles.

Also, we just shoved Quizz down the Panthers throats for 4 quarters so he's probably broken. This is probably bad news for Doug Martin coming back this week.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol holy poo poo Burfict literally won't learn. Kick him out.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Burfict is gonna get what's coming to him soon enough.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Didn't actually watch the game, but :lol: did cammy cams run off the podium after another loss? What a baby.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I honestly can't think of a worse punishment for a guy who wants to cheat his way to victory than keeping him trapped on the Bengals, one of like three teams in the league where in January even cheating can't get you a playoff win

That tantrum he had this past January, some would say could never be topped. I say, wait until he and they blow it again next January

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He might cause lasting harm to someone before that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I quote this almost every day.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome/status/788220811962421248

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The game just ended and now the fire alarm is going nuts in this airport. Hope I'm not about to did y'all. Please don't let that game be the last I ever see

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fitz still officially the starter :lol:

Woody can't say "winning season isn't as important as Republican president" this time either

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Question, would the Vikes have the same record if Teddy hadnt have gotten injured? Im thinking of Bradfords style and skill set v. Teddys in Norvs offense.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Brannock posted:

Here's how to fix the NFL:

1. Admit Thursday Night Football was a mistake and abolish it.
2. Take MNF away from ESPN and award it back to ABC or something. SNF and MNF should be the two marquee games of the week. Get out ahead of the death of cable lest the NFL get dragged down by it.
3. Add a second bye week in the season. No team can play on MNF more than two games removed from a bye. You also extend the season by a full week of revenue, and you give teams more time to rest and recover from injuries, which means your superstars are both more likely to be able to play and more likely to be able to play at full strength.
4. No more London games. Early morning football is fun, I have to admit, but the games are more disaster spectacle than legitimate football game.
5. No China games. What the gently caress, Goodell?

These are the basic broadcast things just to make primetime games watchable again. The other things I'd do is dramatically limit the amount of commercials that go on. Fewer commercials, charge more for a higher premium. Longer breaks between quarters and halves for players to recover. Some given maximum of commercials that can be ran in any given quarter. You also get rid of the stupid old white men rules about celebration and gifs and the ideal gas law. After that then you start looking at things like shortening rookie contracts so teams have more incentives to invest in veterans rather than continually stockpiling cheap players on four or five year contracts and allowing teams to actually practice in the offseason leading up to the season...

Years ago we all saw that the NFL had a golden goose on their hands. It was incredibly obvious that they'd eventually try to strangle it to squeeze more cash out of it. Goodell wants to increase revenue by a billion dollars for the next fifteen years each. At this point the NFL isn't just strangling the golden goose, they're loving it.

This is a well thought out and righteous post.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Reminder that Blount is a gigantic piece of poo poo who was such a bitch about Lev Bell having a 200 yard game that he went and sat on the team bus instead of finishing out the game

He did what was in the best interest of the football team (the Patriots one) and got rewarded with a nice shiny ring after getting payed by the Steelers. Blount did everything right.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

a sexual elk posted:

Question, would the Vikes have the same record if Teddy hadnt have gotten injured? Im thinking of Bradfords style and skill set v. Teddys in Norvs offense.

Probably. The defense is doing most of the work, and the o-line is doing surprisingly well in giving Bradford time to set and throw.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Abugadu posted:

Probably. The defense is doing most of the work, and the o-line is doing surprisingly well in giving Bradford time to set and throw.

This was my first impression too, but Bradford is actually playing significantly better than he ever has so far this year. Having his first real OC (that didn't make his name coaching Tom Brady or in college at least) probably helps. His numbers are better than anything Teddy's put up, even though he's eventually going to throw some picks.

Having said that I agree they're definitely doing most of their winning on defense, so yeah.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The way Bradford has avoided turnovers is definitely better than anything Teddy has done but otherwise his success this year is similar to the way Teddy closed out his rookie year. The offense Bradford is running is also very similar to what the Vikings had evolved into at that time, which involved more spread/shotgun snaps and less running power runs/play action.

I firmly believe the Vikings would be a similar position with Teddy because what's really helped besides the defense is AP going down. Needing to accommodate his play style was really limiting because of the rest of the Vikings talent wasn't good enough (the o-line, Teddy's deep ball). The team is far better suited to spread formations and quick throws on short/intermediate routes and that's what is happening now. The occasional deep ball is also connecting because that's just something Bradford does better. He's also had a super quick release and been nothing short of phenomenal under pressure. The comment about the line giving him time isn't really accurate - it's been awful all around. The run game being abysmal is directly because of the line and Bradford's been under pressure as much as anyone not named Tannehill. Practically all of Bradford's highlight plays have a side barreling down on him as he releases the ball. It's the most likely thing to hurt the Vikings down the road (well, maybe a Blair Walsh miss is more likely) because if the pressure starts to actually get home, all the jokes about Bradford's fragility will be a reality.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/788351139829866496

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sounds like Starks is done for a while

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

WHOOPS posted:

The way Bradford has avoided turnovers is definitely better than anything Teddy has done but otherwise his success this year is similar to the way Teddy closed out his rookie year. The offense Bradford is running is also very similar to what the Vikings had evolved into at that time, which involved more spread/shotgun snaps and less running power runs/play action.

I firmly believe the Vikings would be a similar position with Teddy because what's really helped besides the defense is AP going down. Needing to accommodate his play style was really limiting because of the rest of the Vikings talent wasn't good enough (the o-line, Teddy's deep ball). The team is far better suited to spread formations and quick throws on short/intermediate routes and that's what is happening now. The occasional deep ball is also connecting because that's just something Bradford does better. He's also had a super quick release and been nothing short of phenomenal under pressure. The comment about the line giving him time isn't really accurate - it's been awful all around. The run game being abysmal is directly because of the line and Bradford's been under pressure as much as anyone not named Tannehill. Practically all of Bradford's highlight plays have a side barreling down on him as he releases the ball. It's the most likely thing to hurt the Vikings down the road (well, maybe a Blair Walsh miss is more likely) because if the pressure starts to actually get home, all the jokes about Bradford's fragility will be a reality.

So how soon after the offseason starts will the Vikings trade Sam Bradford to the Jets

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'd be floored if Bradford wasn't the starter going forward in Minnesota.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ehud posted:

Sounds like Starks is done for a while

He is scheduled to miss around 4 weeks. Had knee surgery.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

So how soon after the offseason starts will the Vikings trade Sam Bradford to the Jets

The second teddy proves he can drop back without his femur ending up in his ankle.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'd be floored if Bradford wasn't the starter going forward in Minnesota.

Yeah, no, he's trade bait.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, no, he's trade bait.

Based on everything that's happened this season so far...why? Aside from the unfortunate possibilities with Teddy's injury.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Based on everything that's happened this season so far...why?

Because Teddy is the future of that Franchise and Bradford's value will be high after this season. If he's still under contract, he'll have extremely high trade value to a QB-needy team.

Keeping and starting Bradford would probably ruin Teddy; because his ego and confidence would shatter like Tony Romo's collar bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Grittybeard posted:

Based on everything that's happened this season so far...why?

1) Cognitive biases. The Vikings front office drafted Bridgewater and anointed him their franchise QB. They are therefore going to continue to interpret him as being such, barring his inability to return. We've probably all watched enough sports to see how this plays out with high, prominent draft picks.

2) The Vikings are winning with defense more than offense (or at least are being hyped as winning with defense more than offense). That cuts against the idea that Bradford is "the guy." Instead, the front office will assume that, with that defense, plugging in Bridgewater will achieve a similar result.

• Locked thread