Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Aleth posted:

We show them pictures of sexy Skadge having a good time with the dancers on the ship and see if they still want in.

That might actually work since first sexy Skadge pic I saw I was a little surprised you guys didn't do a multiple sexy Skadges together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

M_Sinistrari posted:

That might actually work since first sexy Skadge pic I saw I was a little surprised you guys didn't do a multiple sexy Skadges together.

Hmmmm we could do a pre-server merge contest. It would be harder for people who don't have him as a companion, but still possible - they'd have to preview a Skadge customization and then preview the outfit they want, but hey, maybe it'd work. Whaddya think Aleth?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The more screen-time sexy Skadge gets the better as far as I'm concerned.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:yikes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want to do group content with goons again. I hope this server merge helps with that.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Medullah posted:

Goons are most active on Jedi Covenant. But "most active" means 1-2 on at a time, so don't rely on us for server choice. Hop in Discord and chat us up a bit.

I'm hoping the merges will bring some people back.

I'll definitely be back for one

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Crafting sure has changed. Is it still mostly useless? I think after they sucked the life out of it I switched most of my characters to gathering.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

Crafting sure has changed. Is it still mostly useless? I think after they sucked the life out of it I switched most of my characters to gathering.

Crafting has gotten significantly easier, with a simplified reverse engineering process that removes a lot of the risk of losing the item you're reverse engineering. Ultimately it's really just a good idea to have a crafter of each type to create your own supplies.

Other than that Biochem is the go to skill to have again since there are reusable Stims, Adrenals and Medpacs at 70 again.

Darfuri War Orphan
Feb 28, 2006

My, Earth really is full of things!

Medullah posted:

drat didn't even realize there was a black/black dye. A winner is you! What's your character name?

Any hope of this glorious contest prize ever reaching the inbox of one called Chupas, goodly Medullah-sensei?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
I put some goodies in the guild bank for a contest or giveaway or dumpster fire or whatever the heck it is you people do these days for fun.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Darfuri War Orphan posted:

Any hope of this glorious contest prize ever reaching the inbox of one called Chupas, goodly Medullah-sensei?

Sent, didn't realise it hadn't been already, sorry!

nonentity posted:

I put some goodies in the guild bank for a contest or giveaway or dumpster fire or whatever the heck it is you people do these days for fun.

Medullah posted:

Hmmmm we could do a pre-server merge contest. It would be harder for people who don't have him as a companion, but still possible - they'd have to preview a Skadge customization and then preview the outfit they want, but hey, maybe it'd work. Whaddya think Aleth?

Skadge approves.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Last night I finally got the chance to try a solo Flashpoint, the first stage of Jedi Prisoner. When the level loaded and I saw it was full of gold enemies I thought "How am I supposed to do this with just my companion?" and then I heard a roar and BAM a robot dropped out of the sky. I was DPS and my companion was a tank so more DPS was welcome but I figured a healer would've been more useful.

Turns out there were no truly close calls, although I did have to hit those kolto stations during a couple of boss encounters just to keep comfortable.

Can the robot's role be changed or are they always DPS?

EDIT: Also it was nice to be able to get the drops without fighting against party members who "Need" everything.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The robot in Story Mode Flashpoints is all roles simultaneously, he tanks, heals and does massive DPS. Your probably just didn't notice he was healing you. :).

When you do those you should put your companion on DPS since Jesus Bot is a HP sponge

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

drat, that's a sweet deal. I rarely did Flashpoints before so now I can at least do the story related ones.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

The robot in Story Mode Flashpoints is all roles simultaneously, he tanks, heals and does massive DPS. Your probably just didn't notice he was healing you. :).

When you do those you should put your companion on DPS since Jesus Bot is a HP sponge

It's even more insane when you end up with two Jesusbots. I was running a story flashpoint with my fiance and I guess we both clicked solo out of habit and we ended up with two of them. It was practically walk along and loot with maybe firing off a blaster or throwing some lightning just to feel like we weren't a burden on the bots.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

It's even more insane when you end up with two Jesusbots. I was running a story flashpoint with my fiance and I guess we both clicked solo out of habit and we ended up with two of them. It was practically walk along and loot with maybe firing off a blaster or throwing some lightning just to feel like we weren't a burden on the bots.

Yeah when Shadow of Revan launched a group of 4 of us goons found we could run the solo mode Flashpoints together. Imagine 4 players and 4 Jesus bots. The dual bosses in Battle of Rishi barely moved before they were dead.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've done 4-player solo mode runs before. In our most famous example, we were running the attack on Korriban flashpoint in an imperial group, and there's that option to let some random citizens go or force them to fight with you, and if you force them to fight the next boss invariably kills them. Well, in that run, all four of our weakling citizens made it to the end of the flashpoint unscathed.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

That vendor with cheap adaptive armor makes it easy for even my lowbie lightning wizard to look pretty cool.

EDIT: My Sith warrior was unused for so long that it broke the class quest line. After customer support fixed it I got to enjoy a couple of well-written scenes where my light-side Sith broke the brains of a few Jedi, including baiting one into losing his poo poo to a Dark side moment. Playing against type seems to get the best dialogue in this game.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 20, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, you're pretty deep into the numbers game for SWTOR - I'm putting together some data to show that F2P people don't need to worry about getting 246 grade gear because I'm sick of people saying that solo players need top tier gear too.

I captured some stats for my Gunslinger in poo poo gear and in ~243 gear. I really just want to say -

"In a perfect world, wearing this gear which has these stats, your average damage over 100 hits will be this because your Critical % is X, Critical modifier is Y, etc etc"

Is there a nice simple formula I can plug those numbers in for an excel equation because I have nothing better to do when working?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
:mad: YOU! :mad:

:swoon: ARE YOU SEXIER THAN THIS HUNK? :swoon:

We want to see your best Skadge screenshots, showing off just how loving gorgeous the champ really is. Sexy costumes, sexy surroundings, sexy music - whatever you want, just make it good!

But Aleth, I don't have Skadge anymore!

What the gently caress is wrong with you Fine. Try and (futilely) out-sexy Skadge with another male companion of your choice. Hell, dress up alongside them if you want but it's going to be drat hard to beat Skadge.

How long have we got?

As per Medullah's instruction:

quote:

we'll have it end on 11/1 and prizes to be picked by 11/5 so it's done right before the merge

Prizes!?!

Well duh, we have loads of stuff in the guild vault that I haven't liquidated yet and a certain someone just donated a bunch more the other day:

nonentity posted:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

And hey, if you want to do easy gifs, I reccommend using Screen to GIF, if you want to give that screenshot a little something "extra".

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Are warzones dead? I had a mission to do one and I've been queued up whenever I'm on and one never pops.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

Are warzones dead? I had a mission to do one and I've been queued up whenever I'm on and one never pops.

Pretty much for sub level 70, yeah. They might pick up after server merges, but overall leveling is so fast not too many people bother with warzones. Which is a shame because sub 70 PvP can be really fun.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

Lowbies are...since you don't get comms for doing them anymore there's no incentive unless you just really, really can't stand PvE. They pick up in Tier 2 lvl 41+, at least on Harby.

Medullah posted:

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, you're pretty deep into the numbers game for SWTOR - I'm putting together some data to show that F2P people don't need to worry about getting 246 grade gear because I'm sick of people saying that solo players need top tier gear too.

I captured some stats for my Gunslinger in poo poo gear and in ~243 gear. I really just want to say -

"In a perfect world, wearing this gear which has these stats, your average damage over 100 hits will be this because your Critical % is X, Critical modifier is Y, etc etc"

Is there a nice simple formula I can plug those numbers in for an excel equation because I have nothing better to do when working?

Not sure what your asking here or trying to prove. I guess you could figure the base value of the basic attack and go from there? If you're talking full rotations there are way to many variables I'd say.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Aleth posted:

:mad: YOU! :mad:

:swoon: ARE YOU SEXIER THAN THIS HUNK? :swoon:

We want to see your best Skadge screenshots, showing off just how loving gorgeous the champ really is. Sexy costumes, sexy surroundings, sexy music - whatever you want, just make it good!

But Aleth, I don't have Skadge anymore!

What the gently caress is wrong with you Fine. Try and (futilely) out-sexy Skadge with another male companion of your choice. Hell, dress up alongside them if you want but it's going to be drat hard to beat Skadge.

How long have we got?

As per Medullah's instruction:

Prizes!?!

Well duh, we have loads of stuff in the guild vault that I haven't liquidated yet and a certain someone just donated a bunch more the other day:

Okay here's my sexy skadge

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Not sure what your asking here or trying to prove. I guess you could figure the base value of the basic attack and go from there? If you're talking full rotations there are way to many variables I'd say.

Yeah I might be overthinking it. I've just gotten into arguments on the interwebz with people about gearing. Especially on Reddit, where people constantly ask "What is the best way to grind CXP solo? I don't want to raid or PvP", and when people such as myself say "Then you don't need to grind CXP, your stats only matter in Hard Mode raiding or higher, and Ranked PvP. Get enough CXP to get your 230 set bonus and that's more than enough for dailies and flashpoints." "Look, some people just want the best gear possible!" I'm just trying to show people how much of an enormous waste of time it is to grind Galactic Command - the stats between a character in 230 set pieces with 228 everything else are marginally different than BiS 242+ when on a level synced planet or bolstered area.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Pretty much for sub level 70, yeah. They might pick up after server merges, but overall leveling is so fast not too many people bother with warzones. Which is a shame because sub 70 PvP can be really fun.

The level 70 ones are still a blast at least.

Not enough to make me sub, but it was exactly as fun as I remembered them being.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah I might be overthinking it. I've just gotten into arguments on the interwebz with people about gearing. Especially on Reddit, where people constantly ask "What is the best way to grind CXP solo? I don't want to raid or PvP", and when people such as myself say "Then you don't need to grind CXP, your stats only matter in Hard Mode raiding or higher, and Ranked PvP. Get enough CXP to get your 230 set bonus and that's more than enough for dailies and flashpoints." "Look, some people just want the best gear possible!" I'm just trying to show people how much of an enormous waste of time it is to grind Galactic Command - the stats between a character in 230 set pieces with 228 everything else are marginally different than BiS 242+ when on a level synced planet or bolstered area.

Remember friend need doesn't have anything to do with the carrot is a core MMO mechanic. It doesn't matter if only 0.0001% of WoW players are gonna see vanilla Naxx so long as the idea that maybe one day they could keeps them moving forward.

That was on of they major problems with the KotFE/KotET era since the Chapters and gearing were so easy to blow through. From a dev point of view it doesn't matter if a player needs 248 to so long as they keep on the grind.

Also dogs and fleas and such.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Also this is why I don't understand why ToR doesn't have a poo poo ton of titles and mounts like WoW.

A title that probably takes an afternoon to implement could take a player days, weeks, or even months. Seems like a good return on investment to me.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Also this is why I don't understand why ToR doesn't have a poo poo ton of titles and mounts like WoW.

A title that probably takes an afternoon to implement could take a player days, weeks, or even months. Seems like a good return on investment to me.

Uh... there are an absolute fuckton of mounts, and quite a few titles. They're just mostly from gamble boxes!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This isn't true at all. TOR has an overwhelming number of mounts, pets, and titles to collect.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

But how many shiny new ones are from raids? Defeating a NM raid when current gave you a title in this game previously but that requires you to have high end raid content....

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

This isn't true at all. TOR has an overwhelming number of mounts, pets, and titles to collect.

...that are pretty much either 3+ years old or come from the Cartel Market.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

...that are pretty much either 3+ years old or come from the Cartel Market.

Okay? But you're still seriously wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have 94 mounts on my main character.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Turbl posted:

Okay here's my sexy skadge

That's a good Skadge.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Okay? But you're still seriously wrong.

hobbesmaster posted:

But how many shiny new ones are from raids? Defeating a NM raid when current gave you a title in this game previously but that requires you to have high end raid content....

This is the point. The game really doesn't have a lot of rewards for just playing the game. It would be nice if they added something to chase after that wasn't cartel based. More rare spawns like the CZ-198 Desler.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

This is the point. The game really doesn't have a lot of rewards for just playing the game. It would be nice if they added something to chase after that wasn't cartel based. More rare spawns like the CZ-198 Desler.

That's fair, but the original argument was that SWTOR doesn't have any mounts, that's still not even close to true. It may not offer them in the way that some players want, but there are still hundreds of mounts available, and they can all be bought with in-game credits from the auction house.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
So basically if you find Dailies getting old, not into Raids really or PvP, you basically play the game thru the campaign and that's it? Not bothered by it, I really enjoyed the expansion story lines but curious -- since I have only have the Imperial Agent on the Sith Side to do -- what else is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Nothing. Get away from the game and play/do something else until they make more content that interests you or the game dies.

• Locked thread