Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

phosdex posted:

I tried doing ch1 in vet but after I finished it says I did it in story mode so idk is going on.

I did it all in Veteran and got the Veteran achievements. It reverts back to Story difficulty after Chapter 1, you have to exit then manually select the next Chapter from the Menu Bar Content->Chapters and start it in Veteran.

208 PvP gear and a lvl 50 Lana...never really got challenged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

So while GC kinda sucks so far

What do you mean kinda?

RNG that your armor piece isn't a crappy green. RNG that it's set bonus. RNG that it's a relevant set bonus. RNG that you don't already have that piece. RNG, RNG, RNG...

So you finally get a full set bonus..hmm none of my premade friends are on I'll switch to DPS to have more fun in the solo queue...oh wait..

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Baron von der Loon posted:

- Was pretty bored with the droid planet. Thought that we were going to get a proper explanation about the Eternal Fleet, but I didn't quite get the gist of it... they were created by a race, destroyed their makers, then went on to destroy everything with wargames(?), and somehow Zakuul ended up in control of the Eternal Throne. Not sure what that was about.

Yeah the Eternal Fleet was sent out to test themselves and make themselves better every time they lost ala Doomsday from DC. The superior tech that resulted from apparently thousands of years of testing is that they're is just a whole bunch of them and they're piloted by droids. And these makers decided build a single different ship with a deus ex machina cannon for reasons. They also a built a separate droid (SCORPIO) for reasons who somehow ends up locked in a vault on Belsavis.

Vitiate is a body-swapper (yawn) who took over Valkorian and built Zakuul from the ground up in less than one generation since Senya implies to realize Valkorian changed personality at some point. But Vitiate was definitely around when the Sith returned to Republic space and was still around to sign the truce and had Revan linked to his mind during all this. Also Vitatie's plans apparently completely 180'd at some point from consuming the whole galaxy to "nah I'd rather just conquer this one planet."

Also it was never explained what the cocoon thing in the Dark Sanctuary in the Gravestone was.

The whole story is a mess.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Also apparently Valkorian's bodies still age and/or degrade so was he planning to through this nonsense every ~25 years or what? Couldn't he just ask a true believer to willingly give it up?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Sages are invincible now in pvp this is the best update ever, I am unkillable

Electronet followed by a 50k Heatseeker, 40k Rail Shot, then Bolt Storm says nobody is invincible. Current meta for my premade is 3 Mercs and an Op healer. I would say Merc self-heals are going to be toned down but lol Bioware.

Having said that I'm still averaging around 3 million damage on my Madness when solo queuing. A little more energy management and saying a little prayer if I get netted.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

DrunkenGarbageCan, how you enjoying PvPing with your Scoundrel with the fun new utilities and the loss of PvP gear? That reflect is just too much fun.

They got more survivability yeah but survivability wasn't their weakness in 4.0 they still lack reliable burst and group utility. They're great at objective play and are flat-out the best node guards now.

I still play Concealment cause stabby-stab but it's annoying when my group can't pop a healer and I know we could if I was playing Arsenal.

A big change to the meta is the amount of Guard available now. This makes it harder to tank tunnel since a DPS can easily pick up the slack so pressure comps may become ideal which could possibly give Lethality (Hatred still probably better) a place in high lvl play but still leave Concealment and Medicine out.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Virar posted:

All gold NPCs now grant 1 Command Experience point (down from 10).

Gee, wonder why patch notes came up after the patch.

Haha not only is GC poo poo BW is determined to keep it lovely. Good thing I already got my grind in.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

What do I do now that I am 70? Where do I start getting better gear?

Open the Galactic Command window, pick the end game activity of your choice, start grinding, pray to RNGeezus.

PvP is fastest I imagine with the elite nerf and I didn't get a clear upgrade until my 21st crate.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Casyl posted:

I also died on that fight several times before switching it to story mode to finish. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how difficult veteran is, because all the story content in KotFE was faceroll easy. Now you have to actually use your cooldowns to survive fights.

Chapter 2 was by far the hardest on Veteran the difficulty goes way down after that until you get to Vaylin's spirit. At least in my opinion.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I'm mostly disappointed they didn't do anything with the cocoon thing in the Gravestone Dark Sanctuary. They didn't even hand wave it away...just nothing. When you go to the Dark Sanctuary to disarm the bomb I just knew it was about to go down but nope. Like Vitiate's real body is in there and you manage to pull him out of your mind and make him mortal again.

On an unrelated note I really, really want a "warp to Stronghold" hotkey.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

rantmo posted:

Awesome, thanks. Is there a general rule of thumb for Crit or is that on a role by role basis too?

Don't go over 39% Crit or 9% Alacrity. If you're where you want to be on Crit/Alac/Acc then the rest goes to Power. Tanks/healers/PvP'ers don't need Acc. Set Bonus always > non set bonus.

ToR gearing in a nutshell.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I thought Crit was still pretty much "Gimme gimme" since 4.0? That you get enough power from armorings and mods that you don't need to worry about it?

Kind of. If you slot for 100/110% Acc and then Alacrity 6-9% you're not going to have enough stat budget leftover to really worry about Crit diminishing returns especially on introductory gear. Acc is the most important stat and now that it reduces the GCD non-DR Alac is a straight DPS increase for everyone. Alac starts heavy DR at ~8% and Crit at ~39%.

The real argument is PvP builds that don't need Acc and for whom Alac is iffy. These are ticky tack points that don't really matter until you've been wiping on HM Revan and your guild is turning into an episode of Survivor.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Nope. Vaylin is a stupid teen fiction edgelord to the very end.

Well to be fair she gets a little bit of characterization once you learn that Valkorian gave her the Rose Kennedy to block some of her Force power since he knew she'd become more powerful than him some day.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

No, that's what I did, but after the first part of the choice, I had the option to say that I actually want to join him.

Yeah you can join him but it'll never be brought up again or lead anywhere.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033m6xMDh5c

The mob is doing the old animation to the player, and he kills him with the newer one at the end.

You can see how crappy it is. The rocket stops, they return to standing, and then a piddly little missile fires over their shoulder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq7P9HIRjU

The only Tracer Missle video that matters...people forget how utterly OP Mercs were prior to 1.2.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I've tried characters on Harbinger, JC, and Shadowlands...I'm afk'ing and getting logged before I get queue pops trying to lvl through PvP so I don't have to do endless waves of Skytroopers. Even at 70 I'm waiting 10-15 minutes for queues that were instant a year ago.

Not a good look two weeks after an expansion. The official forums are full of white knights but I really do think GC is killing the game.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Right now it seems that PvP matches are way too long, people have too many hit points. I did about five matches last night and I think I only died in two of them.

TTK was a problem in 4.0 too and is worse in 5.0. Healing is still overtuned, DCD's got buffed, and damage got nerfed.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Man the KotFE Veteran Chapters are no joke...regular enemies hitting for 20-35k with basic attacks.

Finished the first 3 Chapters in 208 gear but there were definitely some rough spots. Start of Ch 1 with no comp was me basically using every CD I got just to survive the 3 Skytrooper packs.

Edit: I do have a purple 230 MH.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

What's the GCXP payout for Veteran chapters? I just don't have the patience to replay them, though I am mildly curious how difficult they are.

I do find it a shock that they actually remembered to not make Chapter 9 have a Veteran mode available.

320 CXP, 420 with DvL bonus. Not worth it by a long shot, do them once for the cheevos then forget.

The difficulty is legit...I died 6 times to the last Elite on Chapter 1. I finally managed to beat him with 4% health remaining by pillar-humping using Force Slow and DoT's. Even with off-heals he would kill my 125K HP Marr in tank stance with around 55% health left.

The only harder time I've had solo in this game was doing stuff like soloing Lost Island at 55 when it was 50. Definitely not the pushover Eternal Championship was. Again though I'm well under the recommended gear lvl.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Man, crafting must be really popular since I'm not getting any "Refined Isotope" results.. Ohh...

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
"Item one fifty-one on today's glitch list. We've got all the problems of a major MMO and a major RPG, and Galactic Command's not even on its feet yet."

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
PT good:

Very good burst behind Arsenal, Marksman, and Carnage.

High mobility.

Best hard stuns in the game.

Can now Guard in DPS stances.

PT bad:

Now that Mercs got buffed arguably the weakest DCD's...combined with good burst this makes them high priority in kill order.

Can no longer stance dance which makes Guard and guarding nodes a gamble.

Transpose is poo poo-tier. I don't even have it on my ability bar on my PT.

Basically in the current meta AP has been supplanted by Arsenal, Carnage, and possibly Deception.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Just had an Uprising. Started it, threw a snowball at a dude.

"DON'T THROW THAT loving poo poo IN HERE MAN"

"I can't help it, each package is an easy 20 CXP"

"Just knock it off"

Of course turned into 3 people hitting him with snowballs.

"YOU'RE ON THE IGNORE LIST"

Leaves group.

Snipers are real though...every time I zone into fleet I bet it isn't half a second before I get hit multiple times.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Gear started looking better with Underworld and Kell Dragon but the Columni/Tionese/Rakata sets were fairly fugly anyways. Battlemaster too.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Gosh, just buy a snowball cannon! They're only 80,000,000 on GTN :suicide:

heh...from the live stream today.

Overheated Droids/Snowballs – Patch tomorrow to make all snowballs able to hit all NPCs, including the Overheated Life Day Droids

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

So, we lost the cool Ravage animation as sith Juggernaut/Marauder. I will not rest until they add the old animation back

I miss the old animations but all instant attacks make Jugg/Mara so, so much more fun to play, especially Mara. Very easy to shred keyboard turners.

Private Speech posted:

That's a very charitable way of saying "we made the endgame an (almost) endless grind so that people stay subscribed for longer".

Was gearing up too quickly really an issue before? You yourself admitted that you were in a serious raid group and still was missing a few pieces in the old 'far too quick' system, and you are probably the most dedicated player here.

I had nearly 300k WZ comms the week before 5.0 dropped and it only cost about 15k to fully kit out a character in Ranked gear.

My PvE characters were in a guild in that had all NiM/HM content on farm and selling runs by the end of 3.0. In 4.0 it took us about two weeks to get an 8-man team fully geared before we were back to selling runs again. If you had the credits my guild could've had you completed geared in two hours.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

No doubt the old animation was superior, but melee plays so much better now. Or I mean, I would assume it does, I've played pretty much only my operative and my Assassin since 5.0 dropped waiting for the changes to GXP to come.

I've played a lot of Sent/Mara but not Jugg/Guardian. I think the animations are the same for Jugg and Mara and if they are I could see someone being put off by their slow, deliberate Vader-esque Jugg suddenly flipping out like Yoda fighting Dooku.

From a mechanical standpoint though it's my favorite change second only to making stances passive.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I was also apprehensive about DPS being able to guard people in PvP, but holy poo poo is it hilarious when a DPS guards a healer in a warzone and the DPS split DPS on him and the healer. It was like punching jenga tower.

I've been lvling my Shadow as Infiltration and the only time I Guard is when my reflect is ready to go. :unsmigghh:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, what's your stance on Accuracy for Concealment Operative in PvP? I thought you needed at least a little bit.

Slinging all those knives around would give the impression of melee white damage but nope Concealment does all yellow tech damage except for the basic attack and Overload Shot. So Accuracy would be a 10% DPS increase at most on two abilities you shouldn't be using rotationaly anyways while any other stat would be a straight DPS increase all-around.

Which sucks because GC sure does love making GBS threads Accuracy Enhanced gear out.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Charles Get-Out posted:

So is the consensus that Eternal Throne is another lackluster story?

You can see from the first chapter exactly where the story is going and you keep hoping it'll throw some left turns in but no it shoots straight as an arrow to the most obvious conclusion.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I'm in the 140's in GC levels on my Sorc and these are the crates I've learned to hate.

A reputation trophy for a reputation I maxed years ago.

A green 228 piece who's garbage stat distribution makes it weaker than 208 optimized.

An ugly empty orange piece for an AC I don't play.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

That quest made me want to have a posse of heavily armed Jawas with me at every moment.

Still waiting on my Ortolan companion...

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
When people start going on about gray this and gray that in Star Wars they're basically wanting the Order/Chaos system from the Recluse series.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Can't remember if I mentioned this, but if you level through Heroics from 65-70 in the same week you hit 70, you can open the Galactic Command terminal and keep picking planetary missions until you get to the Heroics you already did, and it will give you the Command XP for it immediately.

Also PvP is the fastest way to get CXP. If your a crafter then Black Talon HM is real nice...I can average ~6000 CXP an hour and it gives crafting materials as well.

They really need to raise the CXP for individual Heroics from 20 to at least 60 to make them competitive with other methods.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, as our resident PvP expert - what DPS specs should actually have some accuracy in PvP? Marksman Sniper is the only one I can think of that relies a lot on white damage.

None. Since 4.0 all attacks in PvP have a base 100% Accuracy.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Nice, that's kind of what I suspected. So "serious" PvE players can just have a couple accuracy implants and use a Proficiency stim to go from PvP to PvE.

Thus my annoyance at GC for dropping so many Accuracy Enhancements.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Oh you actually look at what drops if it's not a set piece? I pretty much disintegrate everything except gifts immediately.

I was trying to build a legacy set for chars that didn't have set bonuses but GC is such poo poo its actually quite spectacular in it's idiocy. For example the purple 230 MH I got tonight that is a clear downgrade from the blue 230 MH I already had.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I don't know what people are complaining about with Galactic Command, I've already gotten 5 set pieces and I'm only GC level 38! Sure, 3 of them were wrists...but it's the thought that counts!

I just hit lvl 146 tonight on my Sorc and have gotten two...both the same slot. :suicide:

OTOH if I'm being honest rare is the WZ where my Madness Sorc doesn't top both damage and killing blows so it's not actually affecting my gameplay. I also got an Eternal Command Hypercrate and got both Peacemaker sabers so I've got that going for me which is nice.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I haven't played my Madness Sorc(s) in PvP yet, I was nervous to see how much they got nerfed after I dominated for so long. But truth be told I'm trying to limit my altaholism so pretty much just been focusing on my Assassin and my Operative.

Eh bring the player not the class...I make it work in regs. I would be a liability in Ranked though. I have an Arsenal Merc and Carnage Mara for serious times and have a Deception Sin on the way up as well.

Edit: Still the best healers though the margin isn't as wide as it was in 4.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yes and no. Your rotation is still pretty much the same as it always was, but they removed a bunch of abilities that you weren't supposed to be using anyway. Which sucks because I enjoyed rocket punching people with my Merc and stabbing people with my sniper every once in a while, but people though it was too complex.

I can still dance around keyboard turners on my Sorc taking the last few percents of their life with Saber Strike while they turn circles in confused panic because I won't let them get their cast of Tracer Missile off.

I fail to see the problem here. :colbert:

• Locked thread