Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Re: Story Chat, I've been simultaneously playing all the different character stories for the first time. I've finished SI and SW so far. I enjoyed playing a mostly LS SI, whom I nicknamed Darth Sardonis since I always chose the most sarcastic option. SW was mostly DS and turning Jaesa, etc. was the best part of that story arc. Romancing her was also hilarious since she's the sadistic goth queen who enjoys torturing people but insists on waiting until marriage.

I find it difficult to play any character as 100% DS or LS and I need to turn off the little icons showing the decision. I think the story arcs are mostly enjoyable and only fall flat when they don't fit the characters, like on Alderaan for my Smuggler where the planetary arc has him choose between Republic cheerleader and full-blown rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I'm chugging through the different main story lines; all for the first time. I have a stronghold each for LS characters and DS characters where I shelled out a few cartel coins for a galactic market kiosk, legacy storage, etc. However, other than cheap furniture, it seems like crafting is needed to make anything else. Is that accurate?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

kumba posted:

I'm mostly just playing for the single player story modes of the different classes, so if the only thing a big guild does is give me people to group with for pvp and raids then I don't think I give a poo poo

It's amazing how much smoother the leveling experience is now versus when I played this when it first came out. Those heroic missions giving you teleporters to different areas and being able to actually really easily solo those 2+ missions is awesome. I've been enjoying my first 28 levels so far

That's pretty much why I came back to the game. I enjoyed the Star Warsey goodness and the different class stories, but just couldn't take the grinding when it came out.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I've been playing off and on for some months, enjoying the class stories. I'm a sucker for choose-your-own-adventure video games. Sadly, as an MMO, you can't undo decisions and my Agent told Darth Jones that yes, Sith Jonestown would be a wonderful thing. Oops. I do wish a character could boot companions. My agent is little Miss Imperial Fangirl and Kaliyo's burn it all down style doesn't sit well.

I'm also trying out warzones, just to get to 14 valor so I can buy Imperial flags for my Vancouver Kass City apartment. Imperial barbie is important to me.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I've been solo-pubbing PVP lately to get enough valor to cover my stronghold in Imperial flags.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Dark side Jaesa.

DS Jaesa just sounds like an angry goth girl who is trying too hard. Also, I'm really enjoying the Agent story. I regret not setting Watcher X free and becoming the Hand of Jadus, but the story is very interesting. Also, I turned the LS / DS symbols off in the conversations so I don't know what's the bad choice or the good choice.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Back Hack posted:

Nuts to becoming the right hand man of Darth Jadus, it's so much more fun and fitting to pull the rug out from under him and making him surrender through guile.

I didn't know you could do that until after I made the decision.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I finished the IA story for the first time over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. My agent was a patriotic Imperial. I hated Kaliyo and Scorpio as characters. I wish I could have pushed them both out an air lock. Maybe drop Scorpio into a star to be on the safe side. It's kind of annoying b

I was pretty satisfied with the ending I got. I let Ardun Kothe live, but refused to give him the codex. I liked Kothe, the Jedi with dark side corruption on his face. I also refused to become Imperial Batman, saying I would work within the system. It was somewhat anti-climatic, but still weirdly satisfying that the spy stayed a spy.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I started playing this back in 2013, quit because I hated the grind and then came back last year when I heard everything was made easier. I'm running through the class stories, and solo Flashpoints make it easy to not redo planetary arcs.

I enjoy the game quite a bit, but I'll probably stop playing once I'm done with all the stories. They are good though, and the number of class stories make it fun, to play different characters different ways. The sarcastic LS sith to the petulant DS Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I confess, I'll probably only grind out the stories. Hopefully, I'll finish before the game dies. I like barbie dressup, but it's only so fun on 2012 graphics.

• Locked thread