Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Stick some other people's referrals in! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

My referral link is my reward for posting constantly even when I'm not playing. :P

I feel like that's 50% of the goons in this thread, haha. :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

You get locked out of the SP storyline as soon as you start Revan stuff, right?

Wanted to power my Sorc through as fast as possible to cut down on poo poo for DvL, but I actually do have a mild interest in going through the story again as a Light Sider.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

You can do class story anytime until you start KOTFE.

Excellent. Might just do the powerlevelling thing to get to 50 and go back to do the story after, then.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

boneration posted:

What's the most braindead, fewest buttons spec there is? I tried the dual saber Jedi a while back and god drat that was some john madden poo poo. I am not a clever or coordinated man.

For Empire, probably Powertech, for Bounty Hunter. Trooper equivalent is Vanguard.

It's a pretty great spec to play in general, but it's also very tanky and survivable and a large number of your utility moves aren't things you HAVE to use in a special rotation, they're more situational. The basic rotation is only like 4 skills if you go Pyro, with I think 2 or 3 others that you just throw in when you have extra heat gauge and they're off cooldown.

Plus you get a jetpack, can shoot flamethrowers and missiles at everything, get a flaming shoryuken, and are the only spec in the game that gets both a leap AND a pull (making you the biggest dick in Huttball). What's not to love?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sassassin posted:

Consular chapter 3 makes up for its dumb plot by having lots of cool aliens that talk funny.

Voss is a chill planet and still my favourite.

You're insane, because Voss is painful and terrible.

I'm still amazed they never added the Voss as a playable species, though... they use default models and can wear all the outfits just fine. I guess because that would break the whole storyline of them being relatively unknown prior to the main storyline, but they could have easily made them an allowable race for KOTFE starting characters. Just a really odd omission.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Trast posted:

The Voss are the real assholes on that planet. The other alien dudes turn out to be pretty chill in some of the story lines.

This. The Voss are condescending and obnoxious assholes who basically just think they're better than everyone else. They're pretty insufferable.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Just opened a scavenger Hypercrate hoping to at least get one good mount, saber, companion, or weapon effect.

Nope, just a bunch of dumb poo poo and a boatload of stupid housing decorations that I don't give a poo poo about. :sigh:
At least I can sell the 20 or so Chance Cubes for some cash to buy... something. Really wanted that halberd double staff for my Assassin or Senya's saber for my Jugg.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone want a Rakghoul tuning?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

RIP Ravage, you were my favorite animation. :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

Everyone's saying that but I'm reading it a different way. I think it'll still have the same animation, just "instant" in the fact that it's not channeled so you can move while doing it.

Hopefully.

I'm curious about what this new Powertech DfA replacement will look like. Also the removal of Flamethrower is kinda ridiculous, unless this Searing Wave is just a more mobile flamethrower or something. Powertech/Vanguard seem to have gotten a lot of changes... digging the Scorpion combo change.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

When is the crystal nerf happening? Should I logon to all my toons tonight and start splurging out in preparation for the patch tomorrow morning?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aleth posted:

I just wish all these regen items were unlocks like vehicles and whatnot to save on bag space.

This. So much.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So for melting Crystals, I get that you melt commons into Comp gifts, but what about the Radiant and Glowing? Also are Weapon Gifts still the overall most reliable gift across all the comps? (I know Courting are worthless)

EDIT: And what should I do with my Warzone Comms? Is tehre another way to get to Odessan other than buying the transport ticket?

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 15, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aleth posted:

Glowing can get you Exotic Isotope Stabilisers from the Odessen vendor.

I'd the patch today the one changing all the crystals?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I only just got to DK and already got my new SI to 22. This XP thing is awesome, holy poo poo. Who needs story campaigns?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

I am still not 65 or anywhere near done with my alliance character to even think about finishing it by the 29th.

Whats the fastest to level Imperial character if I tack on a bunch of the XP bonus things and whatever armor I may be getting from DvL like stage 2.

I fail at MMO's, because as an adult, time is at a freaking premium. :negative:

Does the 200% XP bonus thing end on the 29th as well? If that happens then I will probably give the game up totally once again even before my sub expires because I just don't have time to grind old school MMO style, like, ever it seems.

I dunno, I started an SI two nights ago and am already like 42 and only on Balmorra. I did this:

Starter planet (class quest only)
Black Talon
Crafting intro poo poo in Fleet
PvP intro poo poo in Fleet
DK with only the class quests (was like 28 by this point)
Grabbed every Balmorra Heroic, did them in tandem with the Class quests for fast teleports to the correct areas

On the side I ended up doing Athiss, as well, and I passively queue for all the other FPs needed because why not. I should probably queue for only the ones you can't do in Solo mode, but I don't know which ones those are.

Total time played for all this is like... maybe 5 hours total?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm hopping on shortly if anyone wants to duo some tactical FPs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

CeeCee posted:

I need to do the tacts for DvL and will be on. If you don't see a cran imp side, it means I'm on my consular so come get me.

E: That goes for anyone really. I didn't think I'd get as far in the DvL thing and now I want to get that last bit done.

People should get on Discord and turn on their notifications, that's the easiest way for us to coordinate since my pub characters are in some pubbie guild because they're active with the stronghold stuff.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sith Warrior had the best overall story. It's great from the start, keeps getting better, and the finale is totally awesome.

Darth Baras is the gooniest Sith.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

And one absolutely has to be a sassmouth to Baras. It's like the whipped cream and cherry on the sundae of the Warrior storyline.

Yeah.

I don't give a poo poo what anyone says, SW has the best storyline, and KotFE works extremely well with it... Arcann's story makes way more sense as an SW, even, moreso than a JK. :colbert:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sassassin posted:

I recruited him in KOTFE and really wanted him dead afterwards, does that count?

How the gently caress could you not like Gault? :stare:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

bagrada posted:

Curious, when or for what spec does someone use a companion in tank mode? I leveled most of my characters with their companion in heal mode, its brainless if a bit slow. I know if you level up the companion's influence or are well geared you can run in DPS mode. I did that for my healing smuggler run and still had no downtime. But tank mode seems really slow. Maybe if you are the assassin/shadow with backstab abilities? Or for a group flashpoint if you are down a person?

I'm usually well undergeared so that effects my choices, I think my smuggler went from a level 20 weapon to a level 55 legacy weapon from SoR during my latest sprint to 65.

I did all of my stuff in tank mode for my operative and sorcerer.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

More like, "the original VAs wanted too much money."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Male SW and BH were both good, I thought. Male SW has great delivery throughout KotFE, too.

Overall, the male IA has always been the most impressive since he does several fake accents when he's undercover and the transitions are seamless... makes him all the more smooth.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Fargin Icehole posted:

I thought Jaesa would make a return, given all her jedi talents and going through alot of trouble to get her on your side, but then I realized they'd have to write a dark side and light side version, and that is more work than any other companion they'd want to do.

Unless they crapped out on that and just turned her into an older, wiser Jaessa who gave up both to instead follow some neutral path.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

She's the one who taught us what our brains were like on drugs!

If Jaessa looks like her then clearly my SW made the correct choice in making her go DS despite being LS himself, just for the (loving hilarious) romance option.

... nevermind the fact that my SW's name is Dyspareunia... :gonk:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Why would you say no to Doc? He's so lovable!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Too bad the male snuggle VA does such a better job than the female. Playing Sorc now and it seems to be the exact opposite, but then again my female SI was Dark so that might confound it... LS SI has a lot of dull lines.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If everyone on Harbinger moved over to JC with their friends, we could actually have a real guild again and do actual group content.

Let's start a fund to pay for all the people too cheap to just drop the 90cc. Conversely, Medullah could just foot the bill as payback for the Nigerian millions of CC he's made off of referrals... :haw:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

poo poo, just realized I got on the plane and left my key generator dongle behind. How likely would it be that I can maybe call customer support and get the key reset? I can't even login to my account on the website now and I didn't quite finish up the DvL poo poo.

Fuuuuuuck... :gonk:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sassassin posted:

The first chapter of Sith Warrior is better than I remember it, probably because when I first tried it I was attempting to "Light Side Sith Warrior" like everyone crows about.

The bits where you're forced to slaughter a couple dozen nameless people don't stand out when you're not pursuing an ideology beyond self-interest.

I'm still a shade more light than dark though because a lot of those options are the smart choice.

SW plays best if you go predominantly Dark until Tatooine, then switch. Makes the story Foote amazingly well, straight into the end of KotFE.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

When does this iteration of DvL end? Next Tuesday?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sad I missed out on the DvL speeder. drat RL and having to spend months studying for exams. :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If KotET has as many trash bullshit spawns and inordinately and unnecessarily long slogs through them for stupid mundane bullshit tasks as KotFE did, it can gently caress off. It was even more obnoxious than anything in the default stories or Hutt/SoR. Last night while trying to speed through as much of KotFE as possible to try to get Champion it was downright miserable getting through all those Heralds of Zildrag and stupid loving elevators and trams... The team that designed Chapter 7 should seriously be waterboarded with cold diarrhea and urine. :argh:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm just glad I got the full set of the exp armor. That was the one must have thing from DvL, and if you missed out on it that really sucks for you because that set is stupidly hilarious for making alts.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

That's what you get for being a keybinding luddite and not using a Naga.

Medullah gets bitcoins every time he mentions a Razer product.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Grog posted:

Senya's new head model makes her look kind of like an old man.

How is that different from the old model?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nice! We doing a contest or is it just first come, because if no one minds I'd totally go for that mwrowr license... I've had horrendous luck on hypercrates and have no more CC. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Really sad I wasn't able to get that speeder. :(

• Locked thread