Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I installed this late last week for the first time since the Beta test, which I hated, and it's pretty fun! There's so much about the game that I don't quite get yet, but my Sith Juggernaut has been murdering her way though stuff and even though the game seems to suffer from the usual Dark Side/evil = just being a dick at all times, the Sith Empire is even relatively interesting. I wish there was more transparency about some of the mechanics but the game is scratching the itch I needed it to, and I'm looking forward to figuring out more about what the gently caress I'm doing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Preferred players can't Whisper can we?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Speaking of the game being alt-friendly, do I have to join the Guild on each character individually? Because I'm a bit of an altoholic and that seems like a pain for the people I will keep asking for Guild joining.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

madstrike posted:

The rest of MMOs still haven't reached the excellence that is the GuildWars2 guild system. Account is linked to the Guild, be on how many guilds you want, select to 'represent' one at a time whenever you want.

I just want a game with GW2's Guild system and the City of Heroes Chat system. Why does this not exist?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Is the Going Places Bundle worth picking up, especially as it's on sale? It's got that Rocket Boost I've been hearing so much about and other things that seem to be good, but I just don't know how any of these unlocks work.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It seems odd that Legacy Unlocks don't unlock for the entire Legacy.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It was the Character Perks in the Going Places Bundle that I mean, like it grants "Legacy Unlock: Improved Exploration Experience I" but that only actually applies to once character in my Legacy, the others have to just pay the credits for it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Is there a good guide somewhere for the basics of crafting? I know that there are different crafting skills and that there are also crew skills for getting the crafting materials but I'm not sure if any of the info I've found online that goes beyond that is current, and if the stuff I've come across is current, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of actually relaying useful details.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That's weirdly reassuring.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I call this costume, my first ever character and I haven't figured out anything about this alleged dye system but I still ended up looking pretty cool even if the helmet's colors don't quite work with the rest of it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

You might know but, just in case, there's a "unify colors" button on the character sheet. You access it by clicking the little chest armor icon on the bottom right. It will match every piece you are wearing to your chestpiece's color scheme. Your helmet would become black/red.

E: Although maybe that's not available if you're F2P?

Oh poo poo, I assumed that wouldn't work without having dyes or something, or maybe I was f2p last time I tried it. That is so much better:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Welp, just hit 65 on my first character and I'm still only in Chapter 1 of the story. It's going to be a very different game once the XP rate is off of PCP.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Speaking of stats, is there a minimum number for Accuracy or any other stats that should be aimed for? I've just been equipping what I've had dropping along the way on my SW Immortal, with some prioritization of Shield and Absorb but I'm not sure if for the rest of the roster there's anything I need to be thinking about.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Medullah posted:

Tanks need zero accuracy - their passive stance gives them 110%. DPS should (at endgame only, don't worry about stats when leveling) generally aim for 110%, which with 70 gear is essentially an earpiece and two implants.

Awesome, thanks. Is there a general rule of thumb for Crit or is that on a role by role basis too?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Do those XP boosts the game loves to hand out apply to Legacy XP or are they useless at max level?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That's a thing that happens for reasons sometimes. Switch it to a different email and then back to the one you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Oh, you need a shitload for each level but now they've added a shitload of things that give you a little bit of points.

• Locked thread