Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How to make a good poll in gibbus
Checkbox Options
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
i use a 50MB animated gif I made in mspaint by enabling active desktop. This feature is only available in Windows 98 SE Plus!, so you gotta upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My desktop is locked down and am not allowed to change wallpaper. My employer doesn't trust us v much. Feels good man

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

wyntyr posted:

I have a p deece idea of what area you work in and I don't even live in Orlando, I'm out in the wilds of Polk County lol

I'm getting dragged to some fall festival thing at a catholic church in Altamonte Springs Saturday, thank God it's actually kind of chilly

I'm near enough to that area. Enjoy the unique food places central FL offers and avoid all chains.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Applewhite posted:

A tasteful picture of Kei and Yuri from the hit anime "Dirty Pair: Flash," OP.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dial-a-Dog posted:

We have a set corporate wallpaper with a little lock icon on it to "let you know it's a secure company asset" which is completely absurd because the lock is literally just part of the wallpaper and anybody could put that wallpaper (or the lock icon) on anything. I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to change it

fun fact: if you set your wallpaper to their gang tag you can sell your laptop to the latin kings

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My wallpaper changes every ten minutes so it's the slowest incarnation of meatspin ever

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Windows 8.0 so I never see my desktop wallpaper, just that lovely Metro touchscreen menu on my non-touchscreen laptop.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

spog posted:

Windows 8.0 so I never see my desktop wallpaper, just that lovely Metro touchscreen menu on my non-touchscreen laptop.

i would rather work in a cli than win 8

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk if this still works but back on older versions of Windows I'd put flash animations as my background

have a little penguin following my mouse around n poo poo :)

could do games, too, I had that stick death game as my background for a while

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Applewhite posted:

A tasteful picture of Kei and Yuri from the hit anime "Dirty Pair: Flash," OP.

You sick gently caress

seriously, why Flash and not the original series?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I'm self-employed now, but back when I worked at a call center I used to use the default Windows 98 wallpaper for my desktop. Every so often somebody would walk by and stare at it for a few seconds, as if seeing something was wrong with my desktop but not able to figure out what. It's so bland that your eyes don't register "oh why is that on a Windows XP computer?" for a while.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Leroy Dennui posted:

You sick gently caress

seriously, why Flash and not the original series?

Wow I just looked this up and those are some awful character designs. Terrible early 90s style.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Mine is a stock "sky" wallpaper that I edited it to have Krusty's ghost on it. At the bottom it says "he lives in you".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

AugmentedVision posted:

applewhite is a great poster but never ever google something he mentions if you don't already know it

This is good advice in general, really.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i use desktop earth op but it doesn't work so well on 3 screens where one has a different resolution to the others

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

An upside down picture of my dogs that I took with my phone I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Last job was 4:3 ratio default autumn trees in windows xp

At home I like outer space nebulas and poo poo

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
I use this as my lock screen because 75% of people cant stop crying about the awesome upgrade to win10 and they get unnecessarily mad

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Astrobastard posted:

I use this as my lock screen because 75% of people cant stop crying about the awesome upgrade to win10 and they get unnecessarily mad

hahaha wow u loving owned them

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
**glares angrily at coworkers that dont like having their computers upgraded or being pestered about upgrades they dont give a gently caress about**

i have..... just the meme for this... :chord:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I like doge memes and I don't care who knows it, I don't bother changing my wallpaper, though, so I sure as hell wouldn't bother changing my lock background

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I went over to my buddys and his wallpaper was just a bunch of girls in bikinis bending over

I was like huh, I guess that's something you could do.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Good lord

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Parallax Scroll posted:

i use the windows default

i use this but it has an at-at walker from star wars 5 doctored onto it. big star wars fan here <----

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It was a bunch of pikachus until a goon coworker changed it to this.

I left it alone because I kind of agree with it and it's nice to remind myself everyday when I boot up my computer that while I might have it hard, at least I'm not shmorky.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Had this for the longest time

Once we finally got dual monitors I've used a Mars panorama similar to this one, without the rover parts at the bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
I had a sick wu tang logo but my boss made me change it because he is a bitter old racist

• Locked thread