Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
This is going to be the longest day of work ever. I can't wait to get my Warden on later tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Chomp8645 posted:

My reaction to "a 4v4 deathmatch mode is coming" is the same as my reaction to "a SP campaign is coming".

WHO GIVES A FLYING gently caress.

I do. I think it's a mode my friends and I would enjoy and I look forwards to playing it.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Getting the 'Resist Bleeding' perk on the Warden is probably the best thing that has ever happened. It feels so good to get triple stabbed by a Peacekeeper and only losing 1/16th of your life bar.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
It must be very convenient that every Chinese person is exactly 1.6 meters tall. Must make clothes manufacturing really easy.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Is the 4v4 brawl in the game now? I want to fight dudes with my three friends but I don't want to have to deal with capping points.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
My friend got called a bitch last night because he had the gall the use his self heal during a 1v3 fight, which he won.

People that play this game are weird.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I think I'm also hitting that zone where everyone spams their bash attacks and it's honestly just exhausting to deal with. I used to have a ton of fun dueling people where they would actually use normal attacks without just entering into a guaranteed damage chain but out of the 12 or so duels I did last night I think I had the chance to parry three attacks.

I really think they need to either slow down, or increase the stamina, on bashes as it's really killing my interest in the game.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Both vanguard and heavy get 2 renown per soldier.

They do? I play Warden and I only get +1 renown when I kill soldiers.

Also found out it's possible to get spawn camped in this game. Like, so bad I'm already half health before the camera can even zoom in to my character.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Ledhed posted:

Are you watching the killfeed info at the bottom? You'll see a +1 by the soldier you kill in your field of view, but the killfeed will say that you're getting 2. At least as Kensei that's true.

Oh yeah, that's weird. I guess the +1 showing up is a bug or something?

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I've found the number one way to reduce salt in duels is to compliment the other person's emblem before you fight. This may be confirmation bias (probably is) but every time I've done that the other person was super chill all game.

This advice doesn't work if they're running a Nazi symbol.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

7c Nickel posted:

It's actually any heavy, but canceling a top heavy into the top stun is kind of pointless.

It's not an awful idea. The difference in timing can really mess with someone, doubly so if they're trying to parry all of your attacks.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The mentality of 2v2 players is really confusing. Apparently, if I decide to gang up on someone instead of fighting a Lawbringer on that death bridge in the swamp I'm not playing the mode right. They refused to acknowledge that if they wanted a 1v1 they should go to the 1v1 mode.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Man, nuts to all those other characters, I want to play as those sick skeletons.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Kainser posted:

If you are bad at avoiding the charge (it's really not that hard to dodge it) then of course the Shugoki is going to spam it. The ones I fight use it once at the start at the fight and then never again.

I don't think the charge itself is a problem, but the threat of it. If I see a Shugoki sprinting at me I know they're probably either going to charge me, which requires a side step, or guard break me, which means I need to stand still to tech it. It's a 50/50 that I haven't found any way to really punish. You could roll away but that takes more stamina than his charge and if he keeps it up chances are he's going to get you eventually.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
We have enough honor already, figured we would give the weebs and the savages a chance.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I really hope one of the centurion's executions is him just punching you in the face. Like, a lot.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

exquisite tea posted:

On my Warden I like to open with her running heavy a lot because it comes out quick and most people aren't used to guarding against it. Then try to land something else fast like a top light or zone attack so that they're already down a health bar and have to play from behind. Sometimes it even works!

You can also throw a zone attack too to keep them guessing on which side your attack will come from. Once you get the timing down right you can basically do it out of a sprint.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the warden execution is one of the few examples i can think of where they're obviously artificially increasing the length of the execution, which seems bizarre because warden already has a slew of very long executions.

that lawbringer execution is loving sick though.

centurion feels pretty good.

Which Warden executions are long? The only one I could think of the is 'Guts and then Chop' which is still pretty fast compared to some other characters.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Why are you guys carrying around so much gear that the equip cap is a problem? The only time I've hit the limit was after opening 8 or so loot boxes in a row.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I kind of like the idea of giving every character a bash move. Right now the game is separated into those who can bash, and those who can't. Giving all characters a bash move would definitely help break up the turtle meta as well.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Wandle Cax posted:

Don't stand near a ledge

Sadly this doesn't work against the Warlord cause he'll just put you on a one way bus to dead town.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Did they change the way Warden's charge works? I was unable to tech out of a guard break when the enemy dodged it, even when I didn't do the full charge.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I think the worst part of the new character's kicks is that, even when they are dodged correctly, they're almost impossible to counter as they are able to attack right out of them. I've lost count of how many times I'd side dodge as the Warden and started to do a shoulder ram only to eat the follow up attack.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
How's the general skill level of the PC population? I stopped playing halfway through season 2 and I'm worried I'm gonna come back to people who can parry every light attack.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I'm really glad that a parry no longer chains into a free guard break. I feel like I can actually throw out attacks and not get immediately destroyed for it.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Captain Beans posted:

Also you can keep good distance, if you get the spacing correct you can just unlock and walk away.

If you get good at keeping your distance you can get a free GB at the end of the Warden's charge.

Also try not to dodge when you're near walls. Most Wardens will throw out the GB mix up to try and get the wall throw to top heavy combo.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I’m a bit torn on GBs (even countered ones) breaking his hyper armor. On one hand I feel like removing that would be super stifling to a lot of characters, on the other, it’s weird that his main gimmick is countered by a single button push.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I just want the full details on the Warden rework. Give me that unblockable heavy!

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Galick posted:

Just picked this game up when it was free for June, and I'm loving it so far! I've mostly been spamming the Warden because their playstyle feels fairly intuitive to me, but I've got maybe 5~ hours on this so far. My issue is that whenever I go up against a Lawbringer, I get dumpstered - waiting them out doesn't really seem to work (I'm not reacting fast enough to block, I feel like!) and their punishes for any of my hosed up attacks is brutal. Any tips on that matchup? And there any character that's recommended for new players to pick up?

I personally find Warden is a good matchup against the Law Bringer, but it does require some good reactions on your part. If they try to bash you and can easily dodge and then shoulder ram them back.

This also works when they try to use their light attack follow ups (when their weapon turns blue) but that’s a 50/50 cause they can confirm a GB on you when you dash.

I would be very cautious about throwing out normal side lights as they are slow and the LB light parry punish is brutal.

If they’re trying to do an unblockable attack a top light or a zone attack will usually beat it out, but you need to be on top of that.

At the end of the day though it just comes down to practice and good feinting (in my experience at least)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
But that’s one of my favorite moves to crushing counter!

I’m actually continually surprised how often people will try to use these massively slow top attacks against me as a Warden. Some times they’ll even do it multiple times in the same round.