Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
If anyone has a spare pc beta key that would be pretty cool, it would seem i did not get one for signing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody have any invites left? Ubisoft name SpacePrez please and thankyou :pray:

please! I'll take ps4 or pc.

my uplay name is plehsistential if you wouldnt mind hooking me up with a pc key

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

getting kills by ladder buttstomping someone climbing up is funny

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

guard break not doing anything when it lands before an opponents attack animation is so loving frustrating, i just loving sit there jerking off mid air and they start beating the poo poo out of me

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

Goodpart posted:

Genuinely not understanding how to generate offense as the Nobushi, especially against faster classes like the Peacekeeper.

Seems like if I wait for parry opportunities I can get one light attack out -- which measured against the possible risk of losing 1/3 or more of my health seems disproportionate.

If I try to make opportunities, I generally get sidestepped because my attacks are linear, or easily telegraphed (ie. stepping into sidestep heavies is super easy).

I can't grab because the Nobushi apparently doesn't have arms.

The kick only works on whiff or hit, and can be sidestepped either way.

I can use her secret stance to some effect, but it burns stamina, doesn't lead to big damage, and characters with good gap closers just maul it.

The only successful method I've found is predicting attacks and using her pokes as interrupts, but against classes with armour, that's ineffective, and against quicker classes who burst me down, it's a losing strategy on a long enough timeline.

I don't really see a situation in which she's effective. Good defense shuts her down super hard.

I like playing as her because she seems to make people mad, and also fighting games, but it's so much easier to scrubkill with Warden loops.

Also throw techs are awful and I can't wait until they fix them. gently caress throw techs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

does counter guard breaking give revenge meter, because people playing for revenge mode in duel are both really dumb and really unfun to play against