Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
This game is kind of fun but the amount of crashing puts a real damper on it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Sit down, china

you're planned for the dlc

Are u telling me there is more than one types of asia?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Photux posted:

Speaking of Peacekeeper, I get wrecked by her triple stab guardbreak. It feels like it does crazy damage. Is there any way to stop it, other than getting good at guardbreak counters? Sometimes I don't get stabbed all three times; is that the Peacekeeper just messing up the combo, or is there something I can to avoid taking massive damage if I get guardbroke?

Usually thats peacekeeper loving up, nut I read that if you guard break between stabs it stops the combo. Dunno if its true

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Warlord headbutt spam and Peacekeeper stabs have got to be the most cancerous bullshit

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

panda clue posted:

This game is gonna be a sure buy for me just for the 1v1 mode, all the other stuff will be fun side-attractions. My biggest fear is that they will charge $5++ for future characters with no way to purchase them with in-game currency, which would really suck. If they stick to just making stuff you have to purchase with $$$ to cosmetic or boost type things, I'll be fine with whatever they do.

They appear to have literally copied the Rainbow Six Siege monetization scheme down to the details, so probably you'll be able to unlock the in-game characters with about 10-15 hours of gameplay apiece.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Prawned posted:

Where is everyone getting $80? From what I can see it is $60 or £40.

It is 80 canadian dollars aka monopoly money

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

I was theorizing this exact scenario a few pages ago but the other posters were very skeptical. We shall see.

The siege model is very cheap for "base" operators, and like 15 hours of gameplay for DLC operators. Obviously they will make the DLC characters expensive in steel to encourage people to buy them, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Fashinated posted:

And now we have a Discord channel too!

Jesus christ, why. We already had a mumble channel, can we just not split people up even further?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Fashinated posted:

What's wrong with Discord?

The fact that we already had a channel, and now people will be split up across different programs. There really wasn't a need for a Discord channel when we already had a mumble channel up where all the goons were concentrated into one area that you could drop in and look for a game. IMO, setting up different channels in different programs just makes it harder to get people for a game and splits up the community rather than bringing people together.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

panda clue posted:

People still use mumble in 2017? Get with the program, folks.

The program is Mumble, and the people are with it

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Listen i was ok with vikings vs samurais. But black vikings and samurais, *my immersion*

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Hi!

I like the Knights.

I also just got this for 40$

Here you go for as long as the deal lasts

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/for-honor-deluxe-edition-uplay-key--3049-2 it's about 39.99 usd on converting

Warning before everyone jumps on this: "This game is subject to regional activation restrictions. It will activate from: Europe, Africa, Middle-East, Oceania, Japan & South Korea. FAQ: See further details on country restrictions"

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
For me the game crashed a lot, but OTOH I only saw one bug which interfered with the actual gameplay which was getting stuck on a ladder, and the game ran very smoothly and the controls felt surprisingly intuitive for mouse and keyboard.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
How do I play against level 2 or 3 bots in the Multiplayer Duel mode? Can't figure it out for the life of me

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Xae posted:

Yeah.

Uninstalled.

Peer to Peer does not work for twitch games.

Good idea, maybe Ubisoft will not be poo poo one day and host some servers.

pretty sure most fighting games are peer to peer dude

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Keket posted:

I've set this one up and assigned channels and poo poo, Pm'd rap music too so he can put it in the OP.

Is this like the 2nd or the 3rd discord that has been made, jesus christ

Edit: I swear there are fewer people playing the open beta than the closed beta. Takes way longer to get a duel than before

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

fadam posted:

Game is DoA on PC. Queues for 1v1 are taking forever.

It's ironic because it closed beta, the 1v1 queue was pretty much instant

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
This game seems to draw on my harddrive to a ridiculous extent sometimes. It seriously uses up like 50-60 mb/s of read speed, which is as fast as my hard drive goes, and starts stuttering

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Deathmatch is pretty fun. It's like duels, except after you win the first one you get to enter gank-mode and pile on people

Lovin the deathmatch people complaining about HONOR when this happens.

Also, Once you get Orochi's shuriken and longbow you're unstoppable in Deathmatch

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Warriors who use ranged weapons are WITHOUT honor!

/Worf

https://imgur.com/vmvA6o2

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
My personal hot take: goons made like five discords to play this game, but all of them are empty

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Fresh and I crushed some prestige level Peacekeeper and Orochi today:

"We lost because of the LAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p2p unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Pearnicious posted:

I talked to the guy at Jiffy Lube and he confirmed that I totally know my stuff.

Unsurprising considering that the last (and only) time I got an oil change at jiffy lube, they forgot to put in the motherfucking oil filter

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I would probably put Warden at the top, followed by Orochi and peacekeeper. Warden gives you a lot of control because you have crushing counterstrike for top attacks, double-hit on the side lights, and your zone attack comes out very fast with long range. Orochi has some quite good disengage and fast zone attack. Peacekeeper has good engages and the triple-stab guard break does an absurd amount of damage with no counterplay.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

fadam posted:

Can't you just tech the guard break?

Yes you can counter the initial guard break but once you have been guard broken, you cannot counterplay the three stabs, which will eat one-third of your health. I don't think there is another ability in the game that gives this much damage potential with this little warning and this little opportunity to counter.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Captain Beans posted:

Just attack? If you are in any sort of wind up for a light or heavy attack their guard break does nothing. It's truly only a gaurd break, not a throw or grapple.

I also gave up on trying to time counter guard breaks.

"just attack" is good advice if you're playing against a bad player maybe.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Do heavy attacks cause damage if unparried even if the block is in the right place? If not what do they do when blocked? What's the advantage to parrying?

Any videos I should go watch to gitgud a little more? I've only played Raider so far because BIG MAN AXE HURR suits my intelligence level nicely

heavy attacks do caused chip damage if unparried, and parrying drains the enemies stamina a lot and for fast characters you can get a light attack or guard break off

Gaj posted:

It seems that despite people populating game modes, the game doesnt want me to play until 2pm every day, wont match make until then.

The match making is done manually and the hourly workers for your region don't come on shift until then

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
IMO the game will have community for at least a year or two to come simply because it's unique and has a high production value. There are definitely flaws with the game e.g. balance, peer-to-peer etc, but I think I will get $50 of fun from it over its lifespan so i i'll buy it and get it on it while there are still noobs to be mercilessly crushed.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

Technically only the berserker gets an uncounterable guardbreak on a deflect, peacemaker gets an uncounterable shank on a deflect. I could be wrong.

edit: by shank i mean a single jab, not the triple stab

no you're right, but deflects and parries are different things. If you're peacekeeper and you parry, then you are basically guaranteed a guardbreak while the opponent is recovering.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

mellowjournalism posted:

Welp I hate physical copies but PS4 is $48 with amazon prime so gently caress it. Anyone know if you can get a PSN download at that price?

I swear to god I blocked one of the peacekeeper stabs but not sure. Shoulda recorded it.

you can't block the stabs, that's just the peacekeeper loving up the timing

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Psycho Society posted:

Why should revenge mode not be available in smaller matches? It's a good mechanic for either giving you a chance at someone who's just spamming you with light attacks, or giving you an much-needed edge if you get 2v1'd. Otherwise you would just get wrecked every time by wildly swinging idiots and it would suck.

How would you get wrecked by wildly swinging idiots without revenge mode? Attacks drain stamina

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
In a 2v1, it's a very good mechanic. In a 1v1, I don't think it's a great mechanic. If a guy's stamina is drained they cannot roll backwards, so you can chase them down and gently caress them up especially with throws. In Duel and Brawl because of no gear stats, revenge is pretty much never an issue; in a 1v1 fight during elimination or dominion (which is clown mode anyways) it becomes absurd if someone put their gear towards revenge mode.

Also, can we put in the OP that there are goons in the Chugging the Stairs mumble under Ubisoft Central, and put maybe one Discord voice channel that we all agree on?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

the "wtf" that pops up in the corner really does it for me here

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

AwwJeah posted:

So is the Beta over? Can't connect to the server. Finally got a chance to sit down and try it and it's down...

Not quite, there will be a second beta available on the 14th but it's only open to people who bought the game

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
3d line graph, im triggered

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Zzulu posted:

actiualllllly there are vids of katanas penetrating plate :smug:

Seems unlikely

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Right now its Main somethingawful discord for text chat, Chugging the Stairs ubisoft central for voice

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Rhaegar posted:

Is there any concern over the longevity of this game and the player base on PC? Is PS4 a better bet?

I think it will last at least 2 years on pc, maybe more, because its unique. But the playerbase will be larger on ps4

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Zzulu posted:

No this game has no longevity. All players who want medieval multiplayer melee combat will move on to uh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

to Five Honor bcuz 4 not enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

nessin posted:

Don't bother with KB&M here. This is definitely in the category of games where you shall use the controller or suffer. Probably the most glaring example, blocking. Not only is it nearly impossible to NOT be blocking in a direction with the KB&M configuration, which means your more susceptible to guard breaks, but shifting your block direction is very iffy. Like if you're a person who holes their mouse slightly tilted, then you may have a natural swing of slightly up or down when moving the mouse left or right and suddenly you're guarding in the wrong direction. Or just the vagueness of the deadzone with the mouse over a stick. Granted there may be a control scheme that allows blocking via keypress instead of mouse movement, I didn't dig that deep, but this just seems like a game where KB&M is a definitive no go if you want to really master it.

Lol everyone look at this awful advice