Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This would probably be a day one purchase for me if it wasn't P2P matchmaking in TYOL 2017. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Perestroika posted:

It's not immediately obvious, but guardbreaking is actually a decent counter against frequent dodges. It tracks like a motherfucker and will basically always connect unless the target dodged far backwards out of range. It also helps that the attacks following dodges are directly linked to the direction of a dodge. For Kensei and the Assassins it always comes from the direction they're dodging towards, for Nobuchi it's the opposite one. Parry their poo poo, guardbreak, and then just go ham :getin:

Unless they cancel the heavy attack into an instant stab on the opposite side or into a guardbreak :q:

I'm really torn about purchasing this game. $80 is a bit steep for how many game modes/maps/etc are in right now. Maybe if all the characters came unlocked or something that would be ok. Especially since i know that in like 6-8 months you'll be able to get the base game + Seasons Pass for like $30.

I'm normally really poo poo at fighting games but the Peacekeeper really clicked well with me. The combat system in this game is pretty loving stellar. At first I thought the P2P networking would be a crap shoot (and it is for Dominion mode). But for 2v2 and 1v1 it's surprisingly buttery smooth. Oddly enough Peacekeeper plays 100x better with M+KB compared to controller.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's pretty much every game. Teamwork OP.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Prawned posted:

Where is everyone getting $80? From what I can see it is $60 or £40.

It's 80 bucks for those of us in Not Trumplandia. :(

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Keegers posted:

Is 2v2 fun? I never tried it over the beta. Just assumed it was 1v1 but you have a chance of someone getting an assist called in

I enjoyed it.

It's 4 people on 1 map, each in their own lane on most maps (some maps are just a big arena). It's incredibly fun with a friend on voice comms. You can pull off some silly shenanigans like running away towards your partner and having them get a free hit on the person chasing you or just swapping who you got paired against. I definitely enjoyed 1v1 and 2v2 the most.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gimbal lock posted:

Cheating probably won't be much of a problem, if at all.

:laffo:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gimbal lock posted:

You should wait to quote me after release, once y'all can verify yourselves.
I'll make it clearer: some cheating might not be out of reach of some people in training mode, but it gets a whole lot harder once another actual player is in the same match. There's some pretty robust sanity checking happening with the other players. Cheating gets a whole lot harder when you need to cheat the other players too, especially if any particular client doesn't trust a whole lot about the other clients.

I don't think you actually know what you're talking about. This is a P2P server model, it'll be trivial(for the people who make a living on creating hacks) to inject code into. What proof do you have in regards to the sanity checking done? As far as I can see it's mostly client side. EAC is pretty easy to bypass based on the number of hacks available for other EAC protected games. Battleye is probably one of the only anti cheat systems that appears to work well.

There will 100% be people using auto script hacks for blocking/dodging (think Aimbotting in an FPS except for fighting games). There probably won't be ESP hacks since those would be next to useless in this type of game. You probably won't see hacks coming from AA or UC.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gimbal lock posted:

There's a lot of misunderstandings about the nature of how the peer to peer part of the communication between the pool of players is being used by the game. If everything was entirely peer to peer it might have been a lot easier to do cheaty stuff, but a lot of permissions are happening server side.
Things'll get a lot clearer on release.

I'll ask you for proof on this again :)

When running the game you can see people directly connecting to you. It was trivial to dump a bunch of the communication happening between peers. There's stuff being offloaded to AWS instances.

Anyway this is a silly derail. Game is pretty fun as it is, we'll see how bad cheating will be.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This guy is an axe. :black101:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I played the beta on PC and didn't have any issues from a crash or performance perspective. It ran great. Still on the fence about getting this because I'm bad at this game which frustrates me to a really high degree but on the other hand it's such a good melee combat game.. :sigh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

The curse of being Welsh I guess. Compared to a lot of streamers he's not too bad, and he generally respects the people he's playing and talks about what they're doing well.

I think he's the only one playing this game that I can stand to watch. His sub hype thing is kinda stupid but more than bearable. Especially since he's explaining game play mechanics as he plays. It helps that he's pretty drat good too.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Some website somewhere made a thing or something. :q:

https://rankedboost.com/for-honor/tier-list-best-classes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

signalnoise posted:

I don't understand why I win dominion and lose duels like every loving time

Most of the people in dominion don't actually know how to fight.