Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Clobbering orochi as a crusader got people really mad.

As did chopping their heads off as a berserker :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Scoss posted:

Game is fun but has serious connectivity problems. It seems to all be running on peer to peer, and about 50% of the time when you queue for 4v4 you get stuck in a lobby and it just spins its wheels forever, you have to alt F4 out of the game.

This same kind of poo poo is what made me stop playing Rainbow Six, almost the exact same issues with totally busted matchmaking. I know this is a beta test but with the game launching in two weeks and a track record of being awful, Ubisoft doesn't exactly deserve the benefit of the doubt here. I'm seeing some people saying this is a persistent issue from previous tests as well, which is does not inspire optimism. Real shame considering the game seems otherwise pretty great.

Can confirm those claims of bad matchmaking since previous tests. Peer to peer connectivity will murder this game, I feel.

Also my god drat valkryie isn't in this beta :argh: Nobushi is still as fun as I remember, though. Poke poke poke!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

It'd be neat if I could rank up and get stuff but each round ends with "the servers are taking longer than usual to respond, you'll get rewards when they're available!".

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Is the beta over? Uplay doesn't let me launch it anymore, and now the button that was play just tells me to get the full game. Was having a solid run as nobushi, too :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hard posted:

Teammates included.

Holy poo poo you attacked my target, he revenged and killed me all because of you.

:raise:

I like that this beta has added bonuses for killing an enemy together. Used to be you got gently caress all and people would whine about kill stealing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

I have to say that I'm extremely please dwith the season pass + general DLC plan.

But if you plan to play a lot then it's up to you bro. Buy it or not you'll be ok!" And I love that. Giving everyone access to content for earn-able currency is good.

About this:

I'd be really, really leery about the earn-able currency bit, as since alpha getting in game currency has been a loving slog. Daily challenges pay 100 units, sometimes 300, and the little side contracts pay another 100 but more often than not they're under the stipulation of winning. So if the whole lot of them for a day or several in a row are for PvP modes, and peer to peer matchmaking being what it is, good luck.

PureRok posted:

I feel in the minority for some reason that I'm going to be probably playing Warden or Conqueror exclusively. Maybe some Valkyrie if I'm feeling frisky.

I mean, I'd be only the Conqueror (love flails and maces) if the Warden didn't look so cool. And Valkyrie because spears are cool and are underrepresented in video games.

Basically, if I could play a Warden with a flail/mace that'd be my dream hero.

Conqueror is fun as hell and I miss the poo poo out of my valkryie. She had loving Shao Khan armor and it was fully sick :swoon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I always bowed as nobushi, people seemed to get really mad and swing wildly afterwards :shobon:

Then here comes that kick to the face from hidden stance, off the cliff you go :c00l:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Despite having installed this to a platter drive, it sure got my SSD warmed up. Wonder if there's some weird caching business going on.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I got a nobushi mad at me yesterday for playing a nobushi.

"Bleed damage isn't honorable!!!"

Then what the gently caress are you doing :confused:

Also I learned you can end her three light combo with the super long reaching bleeding poke move when you hold back on the right stick and tap light attack. Three bleed hits in a row ain't just for peacemakers :gibs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

hey welcome to the show! posted:

If ubisoft support this and listens to the community as much as they do for the division then I'm not too worried about the longevity of this game.

Massive developed The Division and they really didn't listen too much to the majority of players.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

What's the cheapest you US folks have seen a PC key for? My go to only has keys for Europe and $60 for this is a bit steep.

Also I'm not sure what happened to the raider, but I've been playing since the first alpha and never had much luck with them. This time though holy poo poo I was wiping out entire teams :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nice, thanks :)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

My favorite part of matchmaking is when it dumps me and other low rank folks up against leaf icon level 2 poopsocker guys. :shepface:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

panda clue posted:

Level has nothing to do with skill. Most of the highest level people just spammed bot matches.

Yeah that's a fair point I suppose, especially in modes that don't let you bring your high rank gear along :shobon:

Reclaimer posted:

Knights and samurai were all about sneaky underhanded poo poo whenever they could get away with it, this honor crap is revisionism and chivalry was always just an ideal rather than anything practical.

Vikings had dudes that wore uniforms specifically so that even their friends would know they were fair game in a fight.

Wasn't chivalry made up for knights because "Holy poo poo you're fight atop a horse you're gonna need some special rules to handle this insanity"?

Songbearer posted:

Does anyone here actually abide by honoarabu duelabikahara-san unspoken rules? In most game me and my pals are horrible opportunists but in For Honour we've found ourselves allowing teams to 1v1 the person they're duelling when they're the last person standing if they allow the same for us first. Not all the time though, but sometimes.

We all dogpile the victor afterwards though.

I try to, yeah. But if the enemy bum rushes my buddy then yeah gently caress it everyone gonna get got. If it's still a 1v1, I'll keep mashing whatever emote I got that lets me kneel on the ground :v:

Duder X posted:

Also valk has been my main, so I'm stoked to see some buffs coming.

(Haven't seen this link but also only read the last two pages: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5uihyo/upcoming_gameplay_improvements/?st=izaaue2y&sh=53560093)

Yesss I like the sound of these Valkyrie buffs

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I picked up two scavenger crates from breakables in the story mode and they disappeared from my inventory :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

It'd be super cool if the bot peacemakers didn't land their triple stab grab without fail.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

super macho dude posted:

or the fact that bots seem to always counter MY peacemaker's second stab with an instantaneous guardbreak without fail.

Yeah, likewise. And these are only level 2 bots :stare:

Edit:

Do I unlock the blue and purple gear for everyone once I get a single character prestiged, or are the better drops only for them?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 19, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

It's only for that character.

Dang it :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Well you see deus vult hurr durrr :jerkbag:

Also nobushis get rather upset when you nail the valkyrie's bleed attack, goodness

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Nobushi's seem to get upset with me out-spearing them as a Valkyrie in general. I went 2-0 down to one then got my poo poo together and won 3 in a row, I said good fight and he just goes "Nah gently caress you twat." Fuckin' weebs...

I had one do that in a skirmish fight, then ran when I got her dialed in.

Boy oh boy did they not like that javelin in their spine :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

My raider lookin fresh to death. Your death.

Saints Row, bitches

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I prestiged my valkryie tonight, pretty cool that it's automatic and you don't lose anything. :toot:

Also hitting dudes with your javelin when they're stuck in your beat trap is loving metal :unsmigghh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Is anyone else having scavenger crates from breakables in the single player disappearing? I've lost four of the loving things now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Valkyrie smashing pawns looks rad as hell though :black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'm kinda hoping a patch adds a few more layers to the emblem maker. Also being able to rotate and resize backgrounds would be nifty.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I can't wait for the valk buff. I've nearly got her to rep 2 now but man it's been hard going.

Throwing javelins at people is still fun as hell, though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

The javelin is cool and all, but her last level 3 is a bleed effect. I love that thing. When there's a group fight, you can zone attack or sprint+heavy to make everyone bleed.

That's super tempting but I treat javelins as exclamation points to a fight, especially when someone tries to run away :unsmigghh:

Edit:

Never mind I tried the bleeding power and wasted three dudes at once :stare:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 21, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

1500 posted:

ya the bleed is amazing. It does a poo poo ton of damage.

Can you stack it with the shoulder pin bleed attack? :q:

Also I usually ask if people want a 1v1 in brawl or elimination, and folks seem to be pretty receptive to it. It makes things a bit more interesting :shobon:

Of course it's usually the samurai that gently caress everything up in the end.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

So can you not parry berserker infinity chains or am I doing something wrong?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No poo poo like certain points refilling your health, creeps have to capture b, hit a button to activate revenge, armor level isn't actually defense, etc etc

It'd be nice if you got renown and poo poo for standing in that spot and ~*holding the line*~ and all.

Evil Canadian posted:

I do gotta say with high level gear, it makes dominion basically utterly unfun to play. Prioritizing revenge you can get revenge in basically 2 blocked hits, over and over again. I can see myself just stopping playing Dominion entirely cause of this its super frustrating :(

I'm noticing this in loving bots lately. Multiple times tonight I've seen bots pop revenge three times in one fight against one person :wtc:

Honestly the only mode where there should be a "your gear stats matter" feature is in an optional form of dueling, maybe brawl. Get that poo poo out of 4v4.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

You get renown for holding A or C, and if you're holding B, you're getting renown for killing mooks.

A and C should be higher priority though for that reason and others.

Sure, but say you're holding off the enemy at B, you're no longer killing mooks. And you don't get defense renown for killing the heroes trying to push, so well poo poo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dreylad posted:

I've noticed more and more people dodging the Valk spear sweep, which is fair enough, but is it dodgable because I'm not activating it fast enough off the shield charge chain or is it just dodgable normally? If so that's... pretty rough for the Valk. Although I probably need to mix it up and guard break instead of sweeping.

Also shoulder charge from the Warden seems to beat shield smash/charge which is interesting. Not sure if it's about frames on contact or what is deciding that interaction.

You have to pop her sweep loving immediately, otherwise anyone can step away from it. Even without stamina, because that makes sense.

My favorite part of playing as a valkyrie is how her guard break range is loving tiny compared to everyone else. I've seen so many enemies skate right up to me from spear range, tank the stab in the face, then grab me. Meanwhile, I have to be in kissing range to grab them. :shrug:

Internet Kraken posted:

I got a daily that requires me to play SKIRMISH against the loving AI :barf:

That one wasn't awful for a while last night, I got four out of five executions done in a round. Then a kensei joined and ganked everyone, didn't give a gently caress about friendly fire at all. Thanks guy.

In positive valk news however, deflecting orochis into shoulder pins over and over and over is a lot of fun. Also holy gently caress her sharpen weapon power up is insane :gibs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gear score being on in PvP isn't really going to help this game's longevity. Just found an entire team specced for insta-revenge.

That was fun.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

A warlord was whining about spamming.

Then said my valkryie is spam easy mode.

:wtc:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dominion is weird tonight. Three different games with maybe two other people in them just standing in the spawn doing gently caress all. I almost won a round by myself as a pissed off valkryie bleeding folks to death and setting everyone else on fire.

There really needs to be some sort of idle detect kick feature, but that'd probably break matchmaking even more.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

They would, yes. But chances are also good the same demographic that'd flip out about it wouldn't last long either way. Especially once people figure out how to make their revenge poo poo not as effective.

Honestly it was dumb in the alphas, dumb in the betas, and it's dumb here. poo poo needs to go. And to say nothing of it being forced min-maxing once you get decent blues or purples. Gear should purely be cosmetic.

And god drat even with championship status, getting no loot at the end of a match is bullshit and needs to not happen ever. poo poo loot drops is what wrecked The Division for a while, you'd think Ubisoft would've lea-ahahah I can't do it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

titties posted:

I like to play pve Dominion to learn my characters and level them up. This has become pretty hard to do because every pve Dominion match on PSN is currently hosted by boosters who have their sticks banded together to keep them active. Their characters just run around in circles inside the spawn area for the entire match. This is loving dumb.

Yeah I saw that last night a few times. Sure was fun trying to hold my own against four bots at once, thanks guys :shepface:

Loopoo posted:

Is the Valk buff out already?

No :(

Trillhouse posted:

It is really dumb. You can turn matchmaking off for the vs AI modes and it will instantly put you in a game with AI teammates and you can still earn rewards.

If you want to play with real people though, boosters are a problem.

Thanks for this.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DarkDobe posted:

Please tell me there is hope?
I play Valk.
Nothing but Valk.
I troll myself.

Was she ever good? Is this buff going to make her useful? I hope so. Or not. Then everyone will play her.

Hi fellow Valk main :unsmith::hf::smith:

The buff might help her out but like other folks are saying, she really can't chain and open poo poo to an appreciable degree.

Also warlord needs work, he shouldn't lock on to you through the air with his big diving overhead heavy to the point, if you're fast enough, he spins 90 degrees.

There's so many little things in this game that if they were addressed, would vastly improve things.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

1500 posted:

Also as a Valk main I really hope they fix her.

Yeah :( I've almost got her to prestige 3, mostly because I want that fully sick Casey Jones mask that unlocks then, but once I do that I'll probably put her on the backburner and focus on another character.

Kinda bums me out that unlocking cool looking gear via rep levels of per character. Would be neat if your rep level was just account wide, and getting there unlocked dress up bits for everyone. Seems like it'd give the player more incentive to try other characters instead of grinding them one at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Revenge spam is even ridiculous in bot matches :cripes: