Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

What.

What is this. What is even happening.

Someone help me understand this, because this cannot be a real thing that people are advocating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i saw a dyed-in-the-wool gary johnson bumper sticker yesterday inside a parking garage

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

StrangeAeon posted:

What.

What is this. What is even happening.

Someone help me understand this, because this cannot be a real thing that people are advocating.

Sleeper agents for #KillAllMen

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Conservatives hate women. This isn't news.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
This is more or less the worst possible thing conservatives could do right now.

Please proceed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
They just want to end the terrible suffrage of women, what's the problem?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I too enjoy bringing up 15 year old Man Show sketches unironically.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

I too enjoy bringing up 15 year old Man Show sketches unironically.

:stare:
Was this seriously a thing?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mariana Horchata posted:

i saw a dyed-in-the-wool gary johnson bumper sticker yesterday inside a parking garage

who affixes woolen bumper stickers to their car, i ask you

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Lawman 0 posted:

Adam Carolla's kinda a shitbag.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Lawman 0 posted:

oh right most people here are children

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
There's also a difference between a comedy show doing something in jest, and people who genuinely believe such a thing.

At least there used to be I'm not sure anymore tbh.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Adam Carolla never tells jokes, he just says what he thinks and then people laugh and give him money so he doesn't question it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

there's a house with a gary johnson banner in miami beach

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
a few alt-righters, Trump supporters, and other flavors of misogynist tweeted it unironically, some non-awful people picked up on it and started making fun of it and making GBS threads on it, the latter spread and became a mini-meme, and now it's trending

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

Adam Carolla never tells jokes, he just says what he thinks and then people laugh and give him money so he doesn't question it.

He used to be funny, I swear.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

30.5 Days posted:

Was horrified when I discovered this in the 2000s by listening to an episode of his podcast (or some podcast he was guesting on, can't remember).

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wrong thread. reappeal the 19th

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

wrong thread. reappeal the 19th

this but the 18th

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Repeal the third, I got a whole field fulla of sleepy soldiers

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Drunkboxer posted:

He used to be funny, I swear.

I think that was never the case. Remember the Man Show? I bet you could watch an episode and accurately guess which of them came up with which bit. Like the beer/blowjob robot as wife replacement? Totally Adam.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Peztopiary posted:

I think that was never the case. Remember the Man Show? I bet you could watch an episode and accurately guess which of them came up with which bit. Like the beer/blowjob robot as wife replacement? Totally Adam.

Classic loveline is funny imo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I plead the 5th on repealing the 19th

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
remix the 12
and drop a bomb on the 23th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAFZnvTfFAs

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Peztopiary posted:

Classic loveline is funny. It's also prior to Man Show. Never found Man Show funny.

Also to you idiots who never do research, the Carolla bit was literally "end sufferage for women" with the point that people were so stupid they didn't know what sufferage means.

It was clearly done with sarcasm but you wouldn't know because you'd have to come out of your safe space to examine the primary source.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Helical Nightmares posted:

It was clearly done with sarcasm but you wouldn't know because you'd have to come out of your safe space to examine the primary source.

pft, nice try, like I'm going to read GBS

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Weeping Wound posted:

pft, nice try, like I'm going to read GBS

Enjoy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Who knew that "having a reputation" was a logical fallacy.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

Who knew that "having a reputation" was a logical fallacy.

The scientific method. Basic loving logic since forever and written about since 1934. Get with the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Ah, yes, well-illustrated in that age-old scientific proverb: "To publish a paper, you must first re-test the universe."

• Locked thread