Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Digirat posted:

What even was that experience gained cap? Limited the amount you could get per enemy, per mission, ?

Changes all look really good.

If you were above a certain level, enemies started giving less XP before they removed it and instead made it so harder difficulty levels gave you more XP per kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Digirat posted:

LMGs/SMGs/assault rifles seem to be balanced around some magical ideal represented by their DPS, where they're perfectly accurate and nothing ever moves. In actuality they perform far worse than almost anything else because they're really inaccurate and enemies dodge around constantly, or knock you around. The bullet reflection some enemies do also punishes those weapon types and basically nothing else. As it is, virtually the only thing they have going for them is the fact that they can at least do mediocre damage at ranges where most of the burst damage weapons become impractical, and they can clean up weak junk like stingers and ratverines quickly. Which is also true of basically every other weapon in the game--those enemies are a non-issue.

Even when they do actually get to perform at their max DPS, that DPS is only on par with everything else, if not worse. Their value is always less than or equal to that of other weapons.

The gatling guns are decent because they have okay per-bullet damage and great RoF, plus a very large ammo capacity.

I think they need to buff the damage of SMGs and ARs by about 25-50% and LMGs/gatlings by about 20% because of their ridiculous ammo inefficiency and low accuracy. They're not like shotguns which make up for their low on-paper DPS via being incredibly forgiving aim-wise and capable of striking multiple targets for full damage (so in an encounter you can easily get 2-3x the on-paper DPS of a shotgun). The rapid-fire shotguns and grenade/rocket launchers also need a buff because of their immense ammo inefficiency.

I think RLs need a bit of a buff in general, because their ammo is rare and enemies are very good at avoiding rockets, and blast weapons lose damage from the epicenter, so they actually do a fraction of what their DPS would suggest.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Azran posted:

The weapons that can drop from random enemies (the something & Messon pistol, the True Patriot, etc), can they drop from ANY enemy? Is there any place where weapon chests are guaranteed to spawn?

I think they can drop from any enemy, and there's no guarantee of weapon chest spawns.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

So, I got this game over the winter sale, and for the most part I enjoyed it. My only problems are that guns feel less and less useful as i go on due to how great melee is, except for the double barreled shotgun and minigun, and the trials were the wettest farts, but at least the Fist of Gozu is a really fun melee weapon. also, how the gently caress am i supposed to get orbs of masamune? I only get seven from trials and unique bosses, yet upgrading a weapon past the second tick takes like 200+ orbs. How many orbs do you get on the hardest difficulty?

On Insanity 2, you get like 37 orbs a mission.

• Locked thread