Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How do you actually sell mods? They have a sell value but clicking the delete button just moves them to the junk tab, where they continue to show up as something I can slot into a weapon whenever I browse the mod list from the weapon UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alan Is More Upset posted:

The sell button is at the top left of the shop screens. I don't blame you on not seeing it. Its not in a very intuitive spot.

Thank you!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Where the hell is the multishot gem for the sawn-off? I have the two-shots-at-once gem but it only fits the pump action.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

It'll fit in both. You have to have a free slot for a weapon for it to show up on the menu, and your sawn-off is probably full.

Nope. Even with zero gems in the sawn-off, if I click the + icon from the sawn-off directly I don't get the firing mode section at all. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

What's the gem you're trying to put into it called? There are two multi-shot gems, one for multi-barreled weapons that fires all the barrels at once, and one for everything else that consumes double ammo to fire 2 shots at a time.

The two rounds at a time one. I have not picked up the multi-barrel one, hence asking where people got it from.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lowclock posted:

Press the reload/parry button.

Wait, reload with a melee weapon is parry in addition to just cleaning the blade?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thanks.

I have no idea why they put it on R, a button that it's hardly convenient to press while running around like an idiot.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
FYI for anyone who put a point in it, it looks like going into second chance mode and not actually killing something makes your mouse get stuck in second chance low sensitivity.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 15, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just wish Vanish's damage bonus applied to guns as well as melee weapons. :allears:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm excited to learn that there's an amulet that lets you dual-wield assault rifles

Unfortunately it takes up the amulet slot which means it competes with the marksman amulet and there's no way it can be as good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've sort of been ambivalent on amulets as it is because the negatives usually seem to hurt a fair bit. the marksman one looks pretty good but i actually do use the occasional chi heal or spikes.

If you have the chi regen skill at max, the extra chi cost isn't a drawback because by the time you're done casting your chi is full anyway.

Johnny Joestar posted:

is it just me or does it sometimes feel like small bits of the story were cut out here and there? like, for example, after ameonna betrays you (which i'm not particularly a fan of, honestly) and you meet up with mezu, suddenly the twins are just hanging out in your place because why not i guess.

It really makes it feel like the game is supposed to have comic-book-style cutscenes like the first one had for the memories, only there's a bug stopping them from playing.

It would explain the missing story beats and the lack of an intro cutscene explaining the events between the first game and this.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 17, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I would like SW1 with mechanics that feels as good as this game's, rather than the garbage worst-gunfeel-ever thing it had going, because yeah, it bums me out that this is so badly written after SW1. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Digirat posted:

So hitting with 1 pellet does no less damage than hitting with 8?

As far as I can tell, SW2 shotguns are literally just a cone AoE with very severe damage dropoff, so yeah.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

Is there an easy way to tell what kind of ammo a gun uses without trial and error? Some are pretty obvious (no poo poo a rocket launcher is going to use rockets) but some are a little more vague (does a plasma grenade launcher use grenades or plasma?) My gimmick all-future weapons build when I'm doing a Zilla City level could use some more ammo diversity.

The Weapons tab shows you with a little symbol in the weapon stat block.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

thejacob posted:

So is it just me or do you take elemental damage just by coming into physical contact with elemental enemies?
Because I am pretty confident that they are not hitting me while I chainsaw them while gripped, and yet I am taking damage.

Most enemies that are resistant to a damage type have a damage aura, yes. You'll take e.g. fire damage by standing next to an enemy that's on fire.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
"Your weapons are atrocious garbage for multiple campaign levels at a time until you can pick up enough money to make them very slightly less poo poo, up to three times (PS: a lot of the options are trap options)" is infinitely worse than the gem system.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Implying that SW2's weapons aren't garbage until you've done the spreadsheets.

They're all fine and fun to use on normal, even without gems at all, up until the last few levels, which is the baseline for this game.

Either way, they're a million times better than SW1's.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ammo saving + crit chance makes SMGs, ARs and MGs pretty decent. I did the last few story missions' bosses with the infinite ammo SMG just because it's easy to hit them with it while staying reasonably far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Just picked this up.. can you not do the trick to get that skeletor gun early anymore?

They patched it out.

• Locked thread