Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Those Yakuza are pretty tough fellas. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The chainsaw-katana doesn't have an alt fire like the regular chainsaw, does it?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Johnny Joestar posted:

anyone have an idea of how many weapons there actually are in the game?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Haven't played co-op yet, but shouldn't setting the player scaling to a lower number help with bullet-sponges? Like, leave the difficulty high but put the scaling to one or two people.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 14, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Shadow Warrior 2's weapon arsenal feels like it comes out of a mod, and I mean that in the best possible way. I'm talking like Project Brutality for Doom or Ballistic Weapons for UT04, where you're given access to a huge number of ever-escalating guns and it's up to the player to figure out what they like and don't like. While there's obviously a lot to be said for a pared-down, ultra focused list of firearms--see this year's Doom for example--I've got a real soft spot for the kitchen sink approach when it's executed so well.

Plus when it comes to starter shotguns, SW2's got Doom 2016 beat; I only ever liked that one when I unlocked the grenade secondary.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Both have the best FPS combat of any game in years.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Michaellaneous posted:

I saw somebody use a chainsaw. Where can I get that?

You should be able to buy a Warrrsaw from Larry as soon as you unlock him.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zaphod42 posted:

And hell, probably more, I'm not even that far into the game yet.

I saw a gif of something that's basically a bunch of circular sawblades on a stick.

Argh why won't work be over already!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Xaris posted:

oh I think that's where I found it, or at least the chainsaw, actually since it was like part of the quest to go pickup stuff at the wang cave

Huh, I got the chainkatana from that quest, so maybe it depends on whether you preordered or not?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm curious as to whether specific items have randomized traits or not. For example, from what I've read, one of the earlier bosses will always drop a specific set of bone claws. In my case, using any special attack with it gives a +15% crit chance for a few seconds, anyone else have a different effect with the same item?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Cool. As dumb as this game is, it's really smart with mixing hand-crafted with generated content in a ratio that keeps me interested.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah it sounds like it's about the typical length of any other linear shooter campaign. Definitely gonna convince my friends to buy this and play through it again cooperatively.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Doesn't look like they work anymore.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

HotBobaloo posted:

I've already purchased the game, but just today. Is there any way to get the preorder dlc? For extra money or whatever?

The preorder dlc is just a single melee weapon and currently, no.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait, side missions too?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If Flying Wild Hog teams up with CD Projekt RED and designs the combat for Cyberpunk 2077 I will never need another game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

817 posted:

we have a middle-aged asian dude with a goatee and a lovely budget sportscar

Yeah I'll admit that I find Lo Wang's descent into the beginnings of crotchetyness more entertaining than I probably should.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zereth posted:

BUY THE DLC/SEQUEL COMING SOON

Gladly, tbh.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You get a new spirit buddy, but she's not that goofy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, a little over 1/3 of the way in.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lightning stuns and does a small DOT, fire maybe just does high DOT, not sure.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

How the gently caress do you people run out of ammo, are you using only one gun or something?
Even just using 4 guns never runs me out of ammo and using all 8 guns I don't even need to buy ammo between missions.

Yeah the only weapon type I ever run out of ammo with are automatics, though I do run lowish on others if I try to use them exclusively. Which I like; really makes you mix things up. Between this and Doom I'm actually using my number keys to quickly swap between guns again!

Anyway, looks like there's gonna be some new stuff coming:

Shadow Warrior 2 Getting Free New Challenge Mode posted:

"The first piece is the introduction of the first game’s ultimate katana and fan favorite, the Nobitsura Kage, into Shadow Warrior 2. Coming updates to Shadow Warrior 2 will include new missions and an ultra-hard challenge mode alongside new weapons, items, and co-op ninja characters."

"We’re adding some new features like insane difficulty tiers, rebalance of some skills and drop system, better crafting and a lot of bug fixes, so it needs to be tested properly."

Last part is for the patch, which should be out today.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 21, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like there's a bug, maybe introduced by the patch; I'm on the mission to meet Kamiko's dad and the "Shenlong" grenade launcher dropped by the miniboss causes the entire game to lock up and I have to force it to quit. :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

Implying that SW2's weapons aren't garbage until you've done the spreadsheets.

They aren't though? They're fun to look at and shoot right out the box unless you're playing on some hardass difficulty while trying to ignore the upgrades. Which, frankly, you can just no-brain and build for crits.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The fact that there aren't any sequences that fill the sky with annoying, hard to kill enemies means that FWG has learned enormously from SW1 and Hard Reset.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What's the time limit on this quest? I won't be back at my own computer until boxing day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like there's a new, free DLC pack out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUjl2tbelLc

Who knows how long those 14 missions are but regardless, that's still a lot bigger than any of the previous stuff.

• Locked thread