Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Turns out that one of the doors you can't use in Wang's place is actually not solid and you can go down into the basement by walking through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

fadam posted:

How much did I miss out on by not preordering?
One sword which I found to be too slow to be of any real use.

Specifically it has slowdown in the attack when you hit things. But the rest of the world doesn't slow down.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

jivjov posted:

I'm pretty sure that slowdown inflicts multiple hits on the enemy.
Yes, but they're in the 20-ish range when the listed per-hit damage of the weapon is 100. I found the dual katanas you get early better.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mordja posted:

The chainsaw-katana doesn't have an alt fire like the regular chainsaw, does it?

No it has normal sword alt-fires.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Saaame heeere and the sperg in me won't let me switch them to something more fun.
I'm rolling with item drop up armor upgrades myself. (All of which have other effects too, IIRC, so I'm not super hard in on it.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CJacobs posted:

They hit enemies multiple times per swing which makes them real good if you're trying to inflict an element on an enemy or doing one of the special moves for bigass damage.
Those aren't full damage hits though.

Personally I'm currently using a lot of the three-barreled revolver, loaded up on acid and damage. I blew an elite's head off in one shot with the drat thing.

InfinityComplex posted:

Non-descript objects or actors that you can interact with. Have no idea what the Wang Cave desk one does.
A later sidequest is started by talking to the laptop.

Also, for everybody who wants the preorder chain-katana, there's another chain-katana available in the game. I think it's a drop from a named boss enemy in a side mission, I don't quite remember where I got it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zereth posted:

Personally I'm currently using a lot of the three-barreled revolver, loaded up on acid and damage. I blew an elite's head off in one shot with the drat thing.
It occurs to me that with the talk about blowing something's entire body off and it being fine, I should to specify that the elite also died from this. :gibs:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

wait what

Does EVERY mission have a special enemy unique to it

My god i have missed so many guns
I'm pretty sure the first two missions you can't go back to afterwards don't.

Presumably you can just go back afterward in the free roam and look for them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yes.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I seem to be unusual in that for my first ten-point star skill max, I went for the one that reloads weapons that aren't the one you're currently using. At that level by the time your next weapon runs dry your first one is refilled. It's great. Especially for things with long reloads like a minigun.

I may try going harder on melee if I keep going after beating the game because the sword you get at the end of the second to last mission is really, really good. I do need to find the last 8 weapons I didn't get...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CJacobs posted:

They'll be in either Larry's shop or with Hideo. If you do a side mission but don't kill the unique boss, the weapon or skill they drop becomes available at the vendors when you do the next story mission.
They're not. There's some weapons offered as mission rewards I didn't pick up. One weapon I turned down like three times because I'm not very fond of that type and it never showed up in the shops.

I'm guessing i need to New Game Plus through until those come around again and they'll be mission rewards.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Does something show how many weapons you're missing?
I'm going off the figure people have said and going through how many I have in each category and using a calculator. I have 62 weapons and there's reportedly 70.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

so far everything has been fairly unique in how it handles, along with things like exotic effects and built-in mods
I like that the patch now lets you take those mods out of weapons if you want. The ones which just convert a large chunk of the damage to an element are underwhelming, especially when I can hit 100% elemental damage by shoving three high-grade lightning or whatever mods in that also increase damage and do other things.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm guessing this is counting the dlc weapons like the chainsaw sword and the gold guns.

I have 68 weapons including the chainsaw sword dlc and the last 2 named elites(red skull on minimap) I killed didn't drop a weapon.
... It probably does! However I'm missing at least one thing that was offered as a mission reward, so even not counting deluxe I'm not complete yet.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

I got to the ending.

The gently caress was that?

:(
BUY THE DLC/SEQUEL COMING SOON

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

InfinityComplex posted:

You are a terrible person for wanting cliff racers
The drat drones are annoying enough as it is.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Serephina posted:

Oh my god the lootsplosion guns have to have their DPS listed? I shed a tear for the SW franchise, you boys enjoy your desperate Diablo-clone, I guess I have my answer =[
"lootsplosion guns"? Every weapon is a unique, specific preset weapon. You just don't find all of them in set places.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

oh no not my autoreload skill :(

N-no.... :negative:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

did I screw up a mission ? doing the one where I'm supposed to get dual wield assault rifles as a reward, did the objedtive then explored a bit and died. went back to town and there's no way to talk to the quest giver, the mission shows as complete but I didnt get anything.
Check if it's in your inventory, several of the last batch of side missions just autocomplete as soon as you finish the objective. The thing you're looking for is an Amulet gem.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Thesaurasaurus posted:

This, at least, I could understand with a bit of reading between the lines (and the chats between Wang and Kamiko):
They were working for Zilla the last time they were seen before that in SW2, then suddenly they show up in the Wang Cave claiming to be working for Mezu. It really feels like there was a transition somewhere in there that's missing.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ponzicar posted:

So there's a stealth mechanic in the game. I noticed that if I one shot an unaware enemy with something like the bow or spear gun, the other enemies nearby would get confused and wander around instead of running directly at me.
I had that happen with a revolver at one point, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Thesaurasaurus posted:

From a while back, and I may be reading too much into it, but in the second part of their sidequest the twins mention that the lab you're using to cook demon-meth was shut down after Wang rescued Kamiko.

The lab, in which they were last seen not only utterly failing to prevent Wang from rescuing Kamiko, but actively left her side to give chase to Wang, missed him altogether, and actually managed to lock themselves out so that they could do nothing but watch while Wang carried her out of the operating room that they were supposed to be guarding.

I'm thinking Mezu scraped them out of the bargain bin, then quickly came to understand why they'd been fired.
You can make a logical connection between the events which is consistent with the events actually in the game, but the game doesn't actually explain anything about how they went form workign for Zilla to chilling on Wang's couch.

• Locked thread