Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

PREVIOUSLY, IN THE FUNNY FORUMS QUOTES THREAD

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sometimes I think the only good thing that came from the bachelor threads was the duct taping of bags of wine in the shower to have a classy shower wine instead of a lowly shower beer.

loquacius posted:

wait, do you fill your glass in the shower, or do you tape the bag way up high and drink directly from the spigot, or do you poke a hole in the top and stick in some plastic tubing to use as a straw, or what

I *must* know

RyokoTK posted:

You shower with the wine, obviously.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

All of these are valid but I prefer the straw, like a big adult Capri Sun

a kitten posted:

Overhead like a giant hamster bottle

Solice Kirsk posted:

I always thought a nice wine glass sitting on the soap dish would add a touch of class to a shower. So the one time I had shower wine thats how I did it. Same with using a bottle instead of a can for beer.

Outrail posted:

Not safe man. Smashed glass in your foot before work would suck rear end. And the alcohol would make it bleed worse.

Subjunctive posted:

If you're having enough booze before work to materially affect how quickly you bleed, you're probably better off calling in sick anyway.

Solice Kirsk posted:

A chunk of glass in my foot would prompt me to call in anyways. A quick picture of my gross bleeding foot so I can let my boss see the "proof" that I stepped on my razor and it's a day of Bloodborne and junk food for me.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Why even have a gallon of wine & shards of broken glass in your shower if you aren't gonna call in sick? That's the best part!

Big Centipede posted:

I hate when the shower gets my burrito all soggy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Keep it wrapped in the foil except for the little bit you're eating and shower with your back to the shower head. This is like Bachelor Shower 101 stuff.

mind the walrus posted:

Use the driest part of the tile, guacamole, and your finger to figure out opitmal burrito/water stream placement.

So carry on, you decadent and filthy singletons: post your shameful and/or efficient tips and tricks. These are not Stupid Lifehacks; these are actually things you do, or would do if loneliness hadn't sanded down what's left of your dignity and decency. (Also, jokes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Use mayonaise instead of butter on the outside of your bread when making toasted sandwiches

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

poo poo on the floor and tell me I'm pretty

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."
I eat mainly protein bars, and vitamine tablets & omega 3.

Saves a lot of time on cooking and retarded stuff like that.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Enemy Ace posted:

Still better than Soylent.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

you can save a lot of time by leaving garbage on the floor instead of taking it to the trash cans like a chump.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Use mayonaise instead of butter on the outside of your bread when making toasted sandwiches

I've actually heard of doing this legitimately and it makes abstract sense since mayo should basically be mostly egg, but I've never felt gross or high enough to actually try it

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Enemy Ace posted:

This but I supplement with hot pockets.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Sentient Data posted:

I've actually heard of doing this legitimately and it makes abstract sense since mayo should basically be mostly egg, but I've never felt gross or high enough to actually try it

It just acts as a fat but it easier to spread than butter, adds a little bit of sweetness and toasts up better cos of the sugar content. I was sceptical too but it's the way. Also obv put the cheese side of the bread down first so it melts more

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Always have rice in the house, and bread, and pasta.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Sentient Data posted:

yeah it's egg and oil so technically it should work but really? really?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It works super well and it's one of the only justifications for the existence of mayonnaise.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Save time by peeing in the sink when you brush your teeth. The base in the urine will also clean the sink!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Wait for your local pizza bar to have a special and buy like 4 large pizzas for $20. Separate them into sets of four slices, wrap the sets of four slices in foil, and fill your entire loving freezer. Voila, you now have lunch every weekend for a month.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
If you use makeup removal wipes or a cotton square with liquid, after you clean your face swab out the bathtub/shower a little bit with it. The makeup remover cuts oil and grime on your face, and will also clean up your tub.

When you make a casserole, freeze 75% of it so you don't get sick of eating it or it spoils in the fridge.

Oxyclean in your sink drain or dishwasher makes it stop smelling gross.

If there's a hair clog in your shower drain grating, light a match or a cotton swab and stick it down there when the drain is dry.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

My Drill press makes an amazing stand mixer.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Schneider Inside Her posted:

This is how most diner's make their grilled cheese sandwiches. So if you've ever been wondering how to achieve that perfect golden crispy "diner look" for your grilled cheeses that's how.

It's also how we crisped the buns for hamburgers when I worked at a ballpark. The fact that it contains the eggs, a high smoke point oil and can be applied extremely thin makes it an incredible tool for frying bread.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Make rice, then crack an uncooked egg into it. Top with a few dashes of soy sauce, sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds (and if you wanna get nuts, some Sriracha). Welcome to your new breakfast porridge, you slovenly gently caress.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Combine doxylamine and alcohol for a foolproof night's sleep every night.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pro-tip:

Eke out a base existence crawling around in your own filth acting on every desire like the dirty brutish animal you are.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Pro-tip:

Eke out a base existence crawling around in your own filth acting on every desire like the dirty brutish animal you are.

I was just gonna post exactly this.
As a lonely person I dont need to use much of the space available, only enough to toss and turn in my sleep and dream of a better existence.
So what he said.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I used to work from home and used a futon as a desk chair so I could nap between calls.

Also, the pizza place down the street from me had two-for-Tuesday, or as I liked to call it "groceries for the week".

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Applesnots posted:

Delivers 10 times the torque too

Me?
I make my taffy with A LATHE

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

1redflag posted:

Make rice, then crack an uncooked egg into it. Top with a few dashes of soy sauce, sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds (and if you wanna get nuts, some Sriracha). Welcome to your new breakfast porridge, you slovenly gently caress.

Poor cereal into a bowl, dish or plastic container. If you want to get fancy, add milk. If you've got no spoons, a fork will do and you can drink the milk straight from the bowl at the end.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ew, gross.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Applesnots posted:

That cake is either smooth as silk or a smeared mess all over the walls. Either way, results are amazing.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Save money on tissue paper by masturbating at your workplace!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Intoluene posted:

That cake is either smooth as silk or a smeared mess all over the walls. Either way, results are amazing.

It was badass.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
trad bachelorism is booze but the secret technique is mainlining 7 cups of caffiene a day while you wonder about learning to sew so you can make a battle jacket

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Mameluke posted:

Save money on tissue paper by masturbating at your workplace!

Once you've finished, take the remaining TP off the roll and take it home with you.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

My bathroom is opposite my living room. I can leave the doors open and watch TV while I take a dump.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bitterandtwisted posted:

My bathroom is opposite my living room. I can leave the doors open and watch TV while I take a dump.

Hell yeah! Small place-t.v.watchingwhiletakingadump buddy!!

My place just happens to be ideal enough that if I look in the mirror over the sink I can watch while I take a leak too.

Countdown until someone posts that they have a bucket right by their couch/beanbag chair/milkcrate throne..

Also: If your shower curtain annoyingly attacks you when you're showering, spray the outer side of it with water, as well as the part of the tub it lays against. Once you get in the shower, use the water to lay it flat against the tub edge. This is for if you've got a vinyl shower curtain, cloth ones you can just spray once you've gotten in the shower and the same poo poo happens.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

slickmcburney posted:

Also: If your shower curtain annoyingly attacks you when you're showering, spray the outer side of it with water, as well as the part of the tub it lays against. Once you get in the shower, use the water to lay it flat against the tub edge. This is for if you've got a vinyl shower curtain, cloth ones you can just spray once you've gotten in the shower and the same poo poo happens.
Or just get rid of the shower curtain and mop the floor afterwards. (This lifehack stolen from my parents)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Always make your bed and tidy your room up a bit before you go out so if you end up bringing somebody home it won't look like you live in a disgusting hovel.

If you can only keep one part of your bachelor hovel clean make it the bathroom. Clean your toilet and mop / vacuum the floor once a week and spray a bit of bleach in the bathtub or shower every now and then.

If you're planning on drinking heavily make food beforehand that you can eat when your shitfaced. Drunk you will appreciate the forethought.

Put some art on the walls of your hovel. Actual art, not movie posters or video game poo poo.

Drink the best booze you can afford but learn to eat cheaply (there's a thread in GWS for this). Don't buy home-brand toiletries, they never work as well as the name-brand stuff.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

cyberia posted:

If you're planning on drinking heavily make food beforehand that you can eat when your shitfaced. Drunk you will appreciate the forethought.
Or just keep some pies/sausage rolls/dim sims in the freezer that you can microwave.

cyberia posted:

Drink the best booze you can afford but learn to eat cheaply
The opposite of this. I mean, you can buy cheap food as long as it's still good, but a few glasses in you're not going to care whether you're drinking a $60 bottle of wine or a $10 cask. If you're worried about the first few drinks, buy something nice to start on and something cheap to continue with.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

The opposite of this. I mean, you can buy cheap food as long as it's still good, but a few glasses in you're not going to care whether you're drinking a $60 bottle of wine or a $10 cask. If you're worried about the first few drinks, buy something nice to start on and something cheap to continue with.

Drink terrible booze until you develop a taste for it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Drink terrible booze until you develop a taste for it.

I mean.... This.

But there are wonderful economic choices for the drunk on the go.

But, If I am having a loving steak. I want a quality bottle of wine. Just me.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VendaGoat posted:

But, If I am having a loving steak. I want a quality bottle of wine. Just me.

Look at rich Uncle Moneybags over here.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Grind up oxycontin to clean your house it's more powerful than oxyclean just a little more expensive down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

whiteyfats posted:

Look at rich Uncle Moneybags over here.

My bidet sprays champagne.

• Locked thread