Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:
Put a handful of dry cereal in your mouth, take a swig of milk, swish around and repeat. Now you dont have to dirty a bowl and spoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'm surprised that this thread has yet to degrade in to various Squalor posts, but then in the title it does mention "successful living".....
Buy a roomba or similar to keep your floors clean. Use it at least once a week.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

slickmcburney posted:

I'm surprised that this thread has yet to degrade in to various Squalor posts, but then in the title it does mention "successful living".....
Buy a roomba or similar to keep your floors clean. Use it at least once a week.

Well if a person lives in squalor and doesn't die then it's technically successfully living, isn't it?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Squalor top: your roach infestation can serve as a free food source

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Squalor top: your roach infestation can serve as a free food source

I tried training them to bring me food but they kept bringing me pineapple pizza.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

I tried training them to bring me food but they kept bringing me pineapple pizza.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but bring your roaches to me

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but bring your roaches to me

PYF Bachelor(ette) Living Technique: bring your roaches to me

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

insufficient guns posted:

Put a handful of dry cereal in your mouth, take a swig of milk, swish around and repeat. Now you dont have to dirty a bowl and spoon.
I do this, although sometimes I use a spoon instead of my hand. It tastes better and keeps the cereal from getting soggy. If I wanted soggy cereal I'd eat oatmeal.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Get a plant, something basically unkillable like a moneytree/monkeypuzzle or a spiderplant. They'll make things seem less bleak and you can put little santa hats on them around the holidays

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

MNIMWA posted:

Get a plant, something basically unkillable like a moneytree/monkeypuzzle or a spiderplant. They'll make things seem less bleak and you can put little santa hats on them around the holidays

I got a fake fern and it made me feel like the most luxurious grown-up man

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Pipe burst a year ago and I still haven't laid new flooring or patched hole in wall. Cement floors don't bother me or the dogs so :effort:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I live in a one bedroom apartment and one of the key things is to take advantage of that dumpster outside by taking the trash out constantly. Don't just let it sit there because the bag isn't full yet, the place will smell like garbage and you won't even notice.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
That's what small plastic shopping bags are great for. Pretty much the only thing I put in my actual kitchen trash are bulky items that won't smell.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JEEVES420 posted:

Pipe burst a year ago and I still haven't laid new flooring or patched hole in wall. Cement floors don't bother me or the dogs so :effort:

Had a similar situation and the room would reek whenever it got hot and humid, painted the cement with salvaged enamel house paint from the landfill and it stopped being a problem.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
If you're expecting a nasty poo poo to happen soon, cover the surface of the water in the bowl with poo poo tickets (thats toilet paper for you civilized folks) and then you won't have to worry about getting poo poo water splashed up on your rear end.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Buy cheap booze and cheap food and just stay drunk enough that you don't care what you eat.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
10 cats = 1 friend

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Drunken Baker posted:

Buy cheap booze and cheap food and just stay drunk enough that you don't care what you eat.

While I disagree with the basically nihilistic sentiment here in theory, I will say that the ability to be genuinely happy with cheap food and drink as its own thing, not necessarily a 1:1 substitute for their more expensive counterparts, is a godsend.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Back when I was in college and really broke, I would buy those, like, 5lb bags of rice and one of beans. Mix in some condiments and it's poor man's food all day.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Pastry of the Year posted:

While I disagree with the basically nihilistic sentiment here in theory, I will say that the ability to be genuinely happy with cheap food and drink as its own thing, not necessarily a 1:1 substitute for their more expensive counterparts, is a godsend.

Amen, brother

The General
Mar 4, 2007

All you need is a [single] pot, cast iron pan, a bowl, a plate and a knife, fork and spoon. And a glass too if you don't drink exclusively from cans.

This cuts down on dishes. You may want to augment with a baking sheet too.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

MNIMWA posted:

Grow herbs. You go to make spaghetti, need some herbs and instead of going to the store you just clip some from the bush by the window. You can also fill your home with chickens, if you throw your food scraps on the floor theyre like little egg laying roombas.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
My mate's hippy bird had two chickens in their yard and it was always inches thick with chickenshit. No amount of eggs would be worth cleaning up after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

The General posted:

All you need is a [single] pot, cast iron pan, a bowl, a plate and a knife, fork and spoon. And a glass too if you don't drink exclusively from cans.

This cuts down on dishes. You may want to augment with a baking sheet too.

There are 2.5 of us, and while we have a collection of dishes we use the same two plates and 3 bowls.

We have 1 large pot, 1 small pot, a baking sheet and an electric skillet.

It is wonderful. 90% of what we cook is in the skillet.

• Locked thread