Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Someone needs to make an online game where each player controls a single limb of a giant voltron-ish robot, and players can't talk to each other except by yelling a predetermined set of nonsense anime special attack names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Someone needs to make an online game where each player controls a single limb of a giant voltron-ish robot, and players can't talk to each other except by yelling a predetermined set of nonsense anime special attack names.

So qwop multiplayer?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The real question is why do the pilots feel pain when Voltron gets hit? Isnt there armor and inertial dampeners and poo poo?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

why doesnt michael just ask KITT to foster peace in the middle east???

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Light Gun Man posted:

The real question is why do the pilots feel pain when Voltron gets hit? Isnt there armor and inertial dampeners and poo poo?

It's so they don't get too detached from the destruction they're causing.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

The old James B9nd books read almost like Brian jacques and the auhor spends a ton of tike describing all the stuff bond eats and drinks.

I feel like this franchise could be ripe for cross promotion with the works of George RR Martin.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Lemon cakes lemon cakes lemon cakes martini lemon cakes lamon cakes lemon cakes.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

maybe the pilots are just really stupid

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

what if the machines in the matrix are just living inside another simulation????

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Light Gun Man posted:

Don't you grimace and yell when your car gets scraped up?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

if each body part is a separate robot you sell five times as many toys

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

the g.i. joe people went out of business because it didn't occur to them that each of the joes could've actually been a bunch of patriotic children in a trench coat (sold separately)

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

ScratchAndSniff posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247350/

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Star trak is for nerds. I wanna be a giant anine robot pilot.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
in power rangers sometimes they would just defeat the monster in their power ranger suits to show off one of their new weapons or something. always felt bad for those monsters.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Because Voltron is the defender of the universe, not defender of whatever piddling crap the lions can handle on their own.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Pitdragon posted:

in power rangers sometimes they would just defeat the monster in their power ranger suits to show off one of their new weapons or something. always felt bad for those monsters.

Yeah. they loved breaking out some weird move where they'd combine all the guns they never use into a super gun just to blow a guy away, then never do that move again. total chump move to not even give the villain the dignity of a megazord death.

I like how the robots come apart on the shows yet they never show you a person using an individual lion or dino robot. they can't wait to combine that poo poo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

angel grove gets hosed up every episode

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Same with Devastator. Couldn't he have just been one Transformer? Does he feel a sensation similar to death when the Constructions decide to not be Devastator?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Don't you grimace and yell when your car gets scraped up?

Yeah but it doesn't fill the entire inside of the car with lightning bolts and poo poo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah but it doesn't fill the entire inside of the car with lightning bolts and poo poo

Wouldn't that just make you yell more?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
how many volts do you think votron ran on

i'm guessing at least 50?

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Because Voltron was a bad show, OP.

You should have watched Saber Rider instead.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Because the episodes usually started with a slice of life sequence depicting the characters engaged in something mundane, OP. It would not have been appropriate to form Voltron during those times.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Man, when is season 2 of Netflix Voltron gonna start? I can't wait to see what kinds of adventures Bolin, Black Mako, Red Mako, Blue Mako and Ed get into.
Who's your favorite character? Mine is Australian Varrick.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

ScratchAndSniff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3fsvKnIVJg

It's actually fun as hell

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Every person in that video is physically repulsive

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Every person in that video is physically repulsive

Turn your monitor on :smug:

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Ok this one is better

Just trust me, it's a great game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2n2qWzZ5Wk

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

JediTalentAgent posted:

Why didn't the bad guys send more than one monster at a time? I mean, you seem to be failing at the 1 or even 2 monster at a time scenario. Why not give it a month or so, let the Rangers think they've won, stockpile the monsters and then unleash about 5-10 at once?

That or if you know the Power Rangers' identities, just reveal them to the world or step on their school.

Or write horribly disturbing erotic fanfic about them.

Union regulations.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Elric posted:

Union regulations.

This is also why Voltron couldn't form at the beginning. They negotiated strict rules about that sort of thing.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

LegoPirateNinja posted:

That's how they do it in the Israeli version.

Starts off as Voltron then turns into a bulldozer

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Forming voltron burns a lot of space fuel and that poo poo is expensive.

stinklepinkle
Oct 17, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
because that would be boring.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

The old James B9nd books read almost like Brian jacques and the auhor spends a ton of tike describing all the stuff bond eats and drinks.

I like Redwall. Marlwolf was kind of lame though.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
They didn't make the big robot because the amount of strain caused on individual parts is much higher when they are all together.

Think about it this way, the amount of strain on one of the individual lions when it's just zooming around on its own is far less than when that same lion needs to support the entire Voltron structure. If they were always in full Voltron mode, the whole thing would be broken in no time flat. That's why Voltron is only every assembled for very short periods of time.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

James Bond on the books is really clearly autistic. Like, rich and spoiled and entitled and cranky he got drafted but mostly he just REALLY wants the crust cut off his sandwiches and his drink SHAKEN NOT STIRRED NOOOO BAD TOUCH

He's not rich. When he's not on assignment he lives modestly. His fancy hotels and dinners and poo poo are all paid for with the Crown's money

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Kuato posted:

Same with Devastator. Couldn't he have just been one Transformer? Does he feel a sensation similar to death when the Constructions decide to not be Devastator?

Devastator isn't a Transformer, he's the result of a combination of 6 of them. He's not a real person, he's just the group think that comes from the Constructicons working together to control one massive powerful body

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ein cooler Typ posted:

He's not rich. When he's not on assignment he lives modestly. His fancy hotels and dinners and poo poo are all paid for with the Crown's money

Also isn't he an orphan or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I want to see a lower-middle class Bond who devotes all this non-mission time doing nothing but reading old upper-class books on dressing and ettiquitte, the proper way to eat a fancy meal, practicing one liners in his flat to his audience of house cats, all waiting for the call to come in that MI6 has an assignment.

• Locked thread