Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!

Yes! We're getting started a little earlier than usual this time of year, but all the loving stores are too so who cares? I'll be out of town for a bit and wanted to be sure this had plenty of time to attract folks. There's a NEW RULE THIS YEAR!!!!! so read over'em carefully :)

Important Dates:
Wednesday, November 23 - Registration Cut off: Registration cutoff is the day before US Thanksgiving. You must register before US Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 24 - Name Distribution: PISSees will be distributed. I don't have to weed through a spreadsheet or type out emails this year, so it's almost instant! So all you Black Friday folks can hit up stores on Friday if you wish! Hooray!
Monday, December 19 - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day. Shipping during the holidays can lag and have lots of problems.
Wednesday, January 11- Deadbeat Cut Off: If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and banned. Possibly also set on fire. Let's raise the stakes a little.

To be put into the masses you must do the following:

- Email me at assistantpisstress@gmail.com
- Include your actual name, full mailing address including country, your shipping preference (your country only or international or whatever combination you like) and your SA name. I love you if you just go ahead and send me a link to your profile on SA.
- Post in this thread

If you don't put your address when you email me, I will email you back because you're dumb. If you don't email me back by midnight November 24th 2016 pacific time, you're out.

In addition to emailing me, you MUST post in this thread. In your post please have:
- Shipping preference: No international or International
- A list of your participating pets with a short bio (please keep it under a paragraph), photos optional.
- Favorite toys, foods, treats, etc. If your pet is allergic to foods, say so. If your pet hates certain toys, say so.
- Favorite stores (online too)
- Any specific requests. Such as a specific toy or treat, or if you would rather a donation be made. Please post a link to the organization you wish a donation be made to in your name and any other information
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Don't want a bag of Ol' Roy showing up in the mail? Say so.

Rules:
- To be eligible for PISS 2016 you must have posted at least 3 posts in PI within the past year but before today, October 15th (no flooding with posts at last minute). I will be using your profile to check this. You may also be a member of PIFB, as long as I can verify that. :siren: If I Know You From Other Goon Exchanges I May Bypass This :siren: . There are some constant re-sassers and such that would fit this bill.
- You must register by November 23rd, no registrations will be accepted after that. Don't ask.
- We are still doing the proof of shipment rule this year, no proof = you're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift this year you must provide proof of shipment. If you have no tracking number, please EMAIL or PM me a photo the shipping receipt.
- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can post, email or PM me.
- Gift cards to preferred stores are okay.
- If you have been a deadbeat in previous PISSes, you cannot join in this year. And yes, I do know who you loving are.
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where the best time to send your gift is.

Proof of shipment
You must provide proof of shipment before January 6 or you will be considered a deadbeat and banned. Please simply email me proof. I doubt this will be a problem, but you never know.

Accepted types of proof:
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS or DHL
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

I don't want purchase reciepts of whatever gifts you buy. I want SHIPPING proof.

Shipping
Shipping is always a hassle. I know we can't force you to use one service over another, but be aware that you are responsible for what you ship. So take extra steps to make sure everything goes smoothly. Here are some tips:

- Use UPS, DHL or Fedex if available. They offer easy tracking and TRACKING NUMBER IS MY PREFERRED FORM OF SHIPMENT PROOF
- Write the addresses clearly on your box and TRIPLE CHECK THAT THEY ARE CORRECT!! A misspelled zip code can delay shipping for weeks, and a wrong address means no one gets a gift. If you have bad handwriting or don't want to mess up, consider copy/pasting and printing out the address emailed to you and then tape it to your box.
- Pad your gifts well. Use good padding (plastic bags, newspaper, peanuts, etc) to keep items safe.
- If you DO decide to use USPS, keep in mind that they have flat rate boxes that ship for the same price as long as it's under 70 lbs.
- For those shipping internationally, I've had wonderful luck with UPS. Cheap, great tracking and reliable. Just my experience.
- If you are shipping to a PO box, use the normal postal service and not a private shipping company. The prices are outrageous at shipping companies (ex: UPS quoted me $42 to ship to a PO box within my own country with 15 day delivery. USPS was $12 for 3 day delivery.)

Please keep us updated. I will be following the thread to make sure everyone is still staying active. It'd be nice if you posted to let us know your status. It'd be even nicer if you posted once you've received your gift, photos are loved, but it isn't required.

Happy PISSing!

Did I miss anything?

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me! PIFB sorts are welcome to pm me there as well.

PISS EMAIL = assistantpisstress@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna PISS all over someone! I haven't been able to for a year or two because of $$$ woes but now I am gainfully employed and ready to buy ridiculous things for other peoples' pets in addition to my own :v:

This is Kiska. She is... special. Basically she's not food motivated at all. Her favorite things in the world are cardboard to scratch on, bottlecaps, and those squeaky bird toys with feathers on the butt that sound alarmingly like real birds when you hear her playing with one at 3am. Other toys are ??? but she's more open minded now that she's an indoor only cat and having to entertain herself a bit more.

Shipping preferences: US only please.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 30, 2016

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Removed

Serella fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 25, 2016

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
E: UPDATE: I will not be able to participate because I'm starting college soon and won't have spare money :(

Domestic shipping/US

Pets participating are:

Ladybird, my parent's farm dog. They're a ratter and destroy most toys pretty quickly so durable toys and pretty much any treats work. Things she can safely shred to pieces is a plus!

Diego, bird co-owned by me and my housemate. They love pretty much anything that swings and makes noise, as well as mirror toys. They don't seem that keen on most treats, but millet is something they'll always eat.

In general we love homemade stuff so that's always a plus! The only "no" is rawhide.

Tofu Terry fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 9, 2016

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I NEED TO BE PISSED ON!

Email sent! Now to the good poo poo.

Shipping preference: No international USA USA USA USA!

But I have a private zoo. In short, two dogs, double digits in cats (we foster kittens), double digits in snakes (mostly ball pythons), double digits of tortoises and turtles (leopards and box turtles) and a few hundred tropical fish.

Not good enough for you? FINE, piss on!

Kitties include Raziel, Kain, Jesse, Cassidy, Blue Diamond, Jasper, Flourite, Onyx, Calhoun, Cy-Bug, Janos Audron, Night Fury, Sake, Cartman, Andre, Puffbutt, Lucy, Dany Mother of Dragons, and Bob.

This one is my baby. She could not be adopted outside the rescue because she has, ahem, a prolasped rectum. That has not shown itself in years. But here she is looking bored, poor Calhoun, life is a drag when your butt becomes a rosebud.

Dogs are Spyder (German Shep) and Loki (Pomchi mix). Snakes are Alien, Dracula, Luna, their kids Saul Goodman, Jesse and Tuco, and then there is Jane (see a pattern?), Vee, Nemesis, Lapis Lazuli, Peridot, and then finally Bee, Wasp, Dragonfly, and Lemon Monarch.

Luna and babies from two years ago.

Do not make me list out the tortoises. The adults leopards? Fine. Jamocha, Chip, 25, Zaire, Chewie, Portal. The box turtles? gently caress. The ones we have had since I was a kid and still have, almost 30 years later, would be Tonya and Cheetah and Tank.

NOW what can you get my collection that I have instead of giving my mom a grandchild? Well, we can always use cat toys! Foster kittens come and go (or get sick and stay and get better and get sick with something else loving ONYX STOP GETTING SICK SO YOU CAN GET ADOPTED. Ahem.) but the toys are always needed, same with baby blankets. We're good on cat treats (if you want to send canned food, Friskies is good.). The dogs tend to destroy toys or lose Kongs, so you are warned but they love all kinds of treats. The reptiles overall are good with their meals (please don't send live mice, I got plenty and they will pee all over the USPS box) and don't really need anything.

The fish? Ah yes. I keep tropical freshwater, mostly plecos (IE the 'poop eating' fish. No they do not eat poop. Google zebra pleco and see my retirement fund.) and some African cichlids, and some eartheaters. I feed New Life Spectrum and am always in need of more of that, same with Prime, nets, airline tubing, air stones, etc.

Albino yellow labs. I don't know anyone else breeding these fuckers.

Oh fine, too lazy to Google? Here are my zebra plecos.

Home made things are good too! And if you look at my list above and think gently caress That Noise, you can donate to All About Animals AZ, the foster group I work with.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

These are my birds. There are many like them, but these are mine.
Also they are big ol' cuddle pillows and I love them.

Kiwi
9 year old Nanday conure, adopted from a family that had stopped giving her attention or letting her out of her cage. Still a little neurotic from that neglect, but has turned into a love sponge after a lot of work. Spends most of her time on my shoulder, or screaming to be on my shoulder. Favorite toys when is left to her own devices are rope and wood. She's a bigger bird and has a strong beak, so anything not solid gets torn apart pretty quickly, and the solid will eventually follow suit.

Sammy
3 year old yellow sided green cheek conure. First bird, but youngest. Very cuddly, demands attention, and curious. His favorite toys are paper or things with jingly balls on them.

Together!

Shipping preference: Wherever for me!
Request: No treats please, my birds are super picky and I'd hate to waste it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This is Pion:

Pion is a very curious potato bird (aka. cockatiel) whose sole goal in life is to sit on absolutely everything, and chew it. He also tends to climb around a lot. He's a bit more than a year and a half old by now and has lived with me for all but his first month.

This is Putni:

Putni moved in about 10 months ago, but is probably about as old as Pion, perhaps a bit older. He's very cautious and dislikes human hands. He likes Pion very much. He generally shows little interest in toys and playing, and is even somewhat reluctant to reach for food offered him.

They live in the same cage, so any toys and snacks naturally end up shared.

I think toys will make my birds the most happy, but novelty snacks would work too. Their main diet is pellets (of which I have plenty stocked), and I mostly offer whole almonds, peanuts, pistachios for snacks myself, so variation in that would be welcome.
I've ordered from Northern Parrots (UK) a few times, and otherwise use local stores, but I don't have any particular preferences.

Shipping preference: Within EU preferred, but seeing the low turnout so far I'm willing to go international.
(Ordering from an online store and having shipped directly to PISSee is acceptable, right? As long as I can provide proof of order and shipping of course.)

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I waited for a while because SOMEONE came back from the brink earlier this year and I wasn't sure she'd be around for this.
Edit: GODDAMMIT SNAKE

SPARKY returns for PISSMAS! Here she is with her lovely gift from Santa last year

She's slowed down for the most part and isn't super interested in climbing anymore, but still loves digging around in shredded aspen!

What does this mean for you? She's a snake, if you want to give her the biggest hollow half-log you can find or whatever that's great and she will do her best to shrink into it, even if the only thing that fits is her face. If it's easier for you to DONATE to your favorite charity in her name or go give some critters your love for a while that's just as great! I'm not about to ask for you to ship frozen mice to us in the mail. Pretty sure my roommate would kill me. Unfortunately I just got home from Euthing the noodle. Seems her last minor irritation she decided to leave me is appearing well just long enough to sign up for this thread. I still encourage you to please donate in her name, be it money or time.

I personally would prefer US ONLY for shipping but echoing that there's a low turnout this year, so I'll do what I can for international too.

I also wanted to throw out there that because Sparky is a snake we don't strictly NEED a gift. I just want to throw toys/treats/whatever at your adorable critters since mine doesn't play with toys.

Chaosfeather fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 26, 2016

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I never got an email confirm, hope I got in!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sorry about that guys. They're all out now!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeehaw, got my assignment.

I'm gonna PISS all over one of you!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Amazon says my gift was delivered to PISS SANTEE but I have heard nothing back.

This year PISS seemed pretty low in participation. Sucks.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

What if we did something crazy like we all got two Santee's and had two Santas?

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Amazon says my gift was delivered to PISS SANTEE but I have heard nothing back.

This year PISS seemed pretty low in participation. Sucks.

I'm sorry Santa! I'm a lazy rear end who checks her mail about twice a week. Thank you so much for the coloring book!

I'm happily putting some markers to work and was hoping to get a nice one finished and scanned for you to see. I'm having fun with it and wanted to let you know that it was a very thoughtful gift that is helping me to relax.

I have some supplies ready to ship for my SANTEE but not everything is ready to go yet, so please don't feel bad if you don't see something this week. You might just have me, you lucky critters.

Shirec, I'd be up for that if others were, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If anyone has sent anything to me I am also a lazy rear end who only checks mail once a week so bear with me :v:

PISSantee your stuff should be to me this next week and sent to you a week from today :toot:

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

I have been PISS'd! I came home late yesterday to a box and was finally able to unwrap and show my birds their presents! :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

I was trying to get them more invested in the opening, but they decided that the floor was scary or that the bag was unsafe, so they are on my head/shoulder and chirping for resssurance while this pic was being taken.

Firstly, I loved the packaging and My Safe Bird Store did an excellent job.
Toy #1

A foot toy! Sammy loves these, so I've switched out his big straw ball and hopefully he will take to it

Toy #2

Literally the most perfect toy Kiwi could have gotten. She loves stuff like this and will crawl all over it and savage it to death

Toy #3

Also great! I tucked this over near one of Kiwi's napping branches so she can have a good chew in bed

Toy #4

The showpiece of the bag and I literally gasped when I unpacked it. This is so awesome it took me a second to take it all in. Sammy will go bananas once he gives it a poke.
THANK YOU whoever was my Santa! These were amazing and I'm super thrilled :toot: :toot: :toot:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Oh the talk of missing/not checking for deliveries reminds me, I've several times had the parcel service never leave a note that there's something waiting for me. With orders I've often had to monitor the tracking number myself since and contact the parcel service to arrange picking it up somewhere. So Fluffy Bunnies or Santa, can you monitor (or send me) the tracking number and notice me if it seems to be stuck in delivery?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PISSantee, your gifts are at my houuuuuse gonna mail them out this coming week I'm so excited.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone PISSed all over Kiska and I!

They managed to hit all the right spots with toys for her -- feathers, makes noise, moves interestingly. I don't know if she's playing with one of the balls with feathers attached or making out with it, but either way I feel like I'm intruding on something.

They also included a lovely piece of cockatiel art and a cockatiel head to go on one of my keys :3:

The question is WHO ARE YOU I didn't see that unless I missed something in the box. I'm guessing someone from the bird thread from what was written on the back of the cockatiel piece.

Whoever you are, thank you for the lovely words about Judah and the toys for the doofus cat and myself!

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

IT WAS I. I hope the noisemaking toy doesn't bother you too much.

Merry Pissmas :derptiel:

Edit: Fantastic! Good kitty

Chaosfeather fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 11, 2016

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chaosfeather posted:

IT WAS I. I hope the noisemaking toy doesn't bother you too much.

Merry Pissmas :derptiel:
Her favorite toys all make noise so I'm used to sudden bird sounds at the foot of my bed at night :kimchi: You basically nailed it, she played so hard that earlier she was stretched out on the top of my chair passed out and snoring.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chaosfeather I want you to know that Kiska loves Da Bird so much she has now taken to dragging it out of my room where I put it when we're not playing, and stalking/playing with it on her own:

Between 'feathers' and 'makes noise' you nailed her PISSmas presents better than I can usually buy for her!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I received a pile of stuff!

Northern Parrots packaged everything individually in heavy paper... that could probably also make good chewing material!

Pion was slightly interested in what I was doing, but seemed content with climbing around my arms and shoulders. It's a huge pile of toys, but the cute little christmas tree definitely caught Pion's attention when I held it up.
So it was the first thing to get a place!

Yep, it's great for chewing. Putni is also maybe interested.

I hang the chewing rope in the play cage, it does grab Pion's attention for a little while, but I think he's forgotten all about it again.

I'll have to try out the snacks later. I know both of them love the Avicakes, I've received samples of those before. The cereal sticks are also guaranteed to be chewed away very quick.
The fruit cups I have absolutely no idea how they'll take, I hope they like them! Same for the chopped greens, no idea if they'll actually eat those or just leave them in the bowl.

And yes Putni is passive and careful around new things. He doesn't show up for much action.

Thank you so much, Santa Shirec! Because I definitely recognize the name they (accidentally?) printed on the address label as the same one I shipped my gifts to :)

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

nielsm posted:

Thank you so much, Santa Shirec! Because I definitely recognize the name they (accidentally?) printed on the address label as the same one I shipped my gifts to :)

I'm glad you like it! Haha also sorry about that! Northern Parrots doesn't accept US payments and for some reason using paypal got it stuck with my name and I couldn't figure out how to put it back.
I felt I had a lot to live up to with my gift so this all worked out splendidly! :D

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Tendai posted:

Chaosfeather I want you to know that Kiska loves Da Bird so much she has now taken to dragging it out of my room where I put it when we're not playing, and stalking/playing with it on her own:

Between 'feathers' and 'makes noise' you nailed her PISSmas presents better than I can usually buy for her!

eeeeeexcellent! Good kitty!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tendai posted:

PISSantee, your gifts are at my houuuuuse gonna mail them out this coming week I'm so excited.

I have been urinated on!!!

Tendai, thank you for you are awesome! Cats are ignoring the awesome toys for...the box. And then trying to steal the dog treats. But then Kain jacked the frog Kong and all hell is breaking loose.

You rock and my animals all thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yay I'm glad you got them! I wish I could have gotten more, that is an impressive list of animals :3:

• Locked thread