Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:laffo: Nick Foles would rather be the backup in Philly than start in Cleveland.

quote:

Before rejecting the deal, two sources said, the Eagles ran the scenario by Foles, who said he preferred to remain in Philadelphia.

https://deadspin.com/report-nick-foles-turned-down-browns-starting-qb-job-t-1826244288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Supposedly Wentz was moving around perfectly fine at his first practice, which is loving insane.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...impression=true

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/EagleSessions/status/999699546853781504

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I hear Dez is a FA.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Toaster Beef posted:

Supposedly Wentz was moving around perfectly fine at his first practice, which is loving insane.

Sounds like he's in the best shape of his life my friend.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

DaStampede posted:

I hear Dez is a FA.

Think he should be the new Cleveland qb?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
we've got one of the most athletic TE's in football, Jesus Christ Himself at Runningback, O'Dell loving Beckham at WR followed by exactly who you want at WR2 and 3, with Wayne Gallman as a lightning quick scat back and Perkins as the bruising 3rd down RB he was always supposed to be. our O line is upgraded and we no longer have a revolving door at left tackle. we have a loving powerful offense and no more Ben McAdoo. can't wait to see which horrific injury makes me start combat drinking every sunday!

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Gay Horney posted:

we've got one of the most athletic TE's in football, Jesus Christ Himself at Runningback, O'Dell loving Beckham at WR followed by exactly who you want at WR2 and 3, with Wayne Gallman as a lightning quick scat back and Perkins as the bruising 3rd down RB he was always supposed to be. our O line is upgraded and we no longer have a revolving door at left tackle. we have a loving powerful offense and no more Ben McAdoo. can't wait to see which horrific injury makes me start combat drinking every sunday!

Probably something on defense that turns games into shoot outs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao mike shula

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gay Horney posted:

This is exactly why it's really do or die time for Eli this year. With all that help and the rising expectations he better turn in a winning season, and he probably should unless he actually has become a bad QB

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

DaStampede posted:

landon collins acl tear

he was my team's entire defense in 2014 it hurts me as much as it hurts you

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

DaStampede posted:

weird double post sorry

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Accuracy issues

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/1002264605098500096

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah Wentz was loving ridiculous last year shrugging off tacklers and throwing lasers. His stats only told part of the story

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Play posted:

and he probably should unless he actually has become a bad QB

He has a few good years left. He still had 3500 yards only throwing to his practice team WRs last season.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I forgot we got rid of Perkins for J Stew. that's sad. Perkins had a lot of potential. I wouldn't mind Darkwa back either.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I'm fine with us losing Perkins, but I would have liked to have kept Darkwa. I think his injury fully healed and they removed the plate last month too.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/EliotCrist/status/1009033777551740929

:lol:

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Defenses are going to keep 8+ in the box.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gay Horney posted:

Barkley hasn't played a snap yet, Sterling Shepard is the only WR worth a drat besides Beckham, I think you mixed up Gallman and Perkins, who both suck, and our right side has a gaping hole in it still from Greco/Flowers.

Engram's p good though, ya

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

:lol: Bucky Brooks was flogging the Cowboys again and the exercise was to pick a few of the best "triplets" (QB, RB and receiver) in the league. He actually chose the Cowboys. Zeke is the only proven talent there and it was pretty funny him trying to shoehorn Alan Hurns in there as one of the best receivers around

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Eagles still owning the Vikings:

https://twitter.com/DaGreatDecision/status/1010202090617139201

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP1CbVWr7Ww
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1011045950104711170

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's out!

10 reasons the Cowboys will be a dumpster fire this season

http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-cowboys-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2018/

enjoy!

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The way this dumb division works the Cowboys will go 12-4 and the Eagles will probably miss the playoffs.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Cash Monet posted:

The way this dumb division works the Cowboys will go 12-4 and the Eagles will probably miss the playoffs.

every division should strive to be like the nfc east

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Redskins superbowl incoming

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

NotWearingPants posted:

It's out!

10 reasons the Cowboys will be a dumpster fire this season

http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-cowboys-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2018/

enjoy!

As a Cowboy fan it is hard to argue with this.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Jason Garrett is loving terrible. I’m an eagles fan so I have to say that, but the proof is in the pudding.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I would have accepted Jason Garrett as 1-10, but the actual thought given to the rest is 100% spot on. The cowboys are not going to be good this year. I hope they go 1-15 and finally clean house. Garrett cannot produce a winning team, and while the combo of Parcells, Garrett, and Stephen Jones over the years have been able to snag some personnel control away from Jerry Jones, they've only found a few stars and nothing really to follow up. This team was carried by Tony Romo for so long with no defense, and now they have nothing left. Zeke is going to regress hard. The OL has no depth and is a year older. Dak is going to struggle with no one to throw the ball to. Garrett is a garbage gameday coach, and despite the fact that many gameday decisions have been taken away from him they're in the hands Scott Linehan and Rod Marinelli.

This season is not going to be pretty at all. The cowboys are going to be really really bad.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Cash Monet posted:

The NFC East hasn't had a repeat division winner since 2004 when the Eagles won it their 4th consecutive time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

axeil posted:

The NFC East hasn't had a repeat division winner since 2004 when the Eagles won it their 4th consecutive time.

Don't worry, this Dallas team is not winning the division. Honestly I haven't paid much attention to Washington or NY, but I assume they're still dumpster fires from last year. The eagles are in the driver's seat for the division, but it might be a 7-9 NFCE champ kindof year if they regress, too.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If the Giants get Eli's adderall dosage right they'll win it for sure.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why in the world would the Eagles regress to 7-9?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

-Wentz's injury ruins his mobility
-Defense regresses
-OL injuries
-Running game turns back into a pumpkin

I don't think it's likely but that's probably the scenario. Interested to see what Jimmy says when he writes the Eagles article.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't think they will. I'm just saying that if for some crazy reason they were bad this year, the rest of the NFCE is really really bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OL going under def would be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
To put it simply, everything has to go right on the offensive line for Dallas to be competitive this season. Connor Williams is gonna be good, yall, but how quickly will he adjust? Can La'el Collins improve? Zeke is going to drag this offense on either the most fascinating 10 play drives or repeated 3 and outs.

NFCE clownball doesn't feel the same without Romo shootouts.

• Locked thread