Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Philly and Washington please lose badly, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

blue squares posted:

Philly and Washington please lose badly, thanks

No dont

(well ok, Philly can lose)

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Maybe I'm just not in touch with Dallas local media, but literally every time I see the legacy of Romo mentioned in a national press, the commentator is almost tripping over himself to defend why Romo is The Best QB of All Time.

I'll never understand the persecution complex that Dallas fans have WRT Romo. The media loves him.

so what you're saying is you started watching football in 2014

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Wentz is a bust

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

indigi posted:

Wentz is a bust

cant even hand off the ball

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

so what you're saying is you started watching football in 2014

ESPN has been sucking on Romo's knob since like 2010

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Randall Cunningham was the Eagles QB when I started watching football, so excuse you

:colbert:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ESPN has been sucking on Romo's knob since like 2010

Romo only really got the respect he deserved when he lasted most of the season that ended when Dez didn't catch it

People were starting to respect Romo before then, but until that season he didn't really get slobbered. Hell, most of 2014 was the Offensive Line and Murray getting all the love anyway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My favorite ESPN/Romo related thing was when they created QBR just to show how unclutch Romo is and he actually rocked the gently caress out of it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Romo had to put together multiple top 5 QB seasons for people to start talking about him the way people talk about Carson Wentz for winning four games.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Now that we've talked the Romo thing out we can go on to more interesting things...

Eagles DT/Athlete Beau Allen got his first start today and had a few tackles and a fumble recovery, on which he demonstrated his part-time fullback form:

He also tied his beautiful blonde locks in a pretty pink ribbon to support breast cancer awareness.

His seems like a pretty cool guy and a name to watch in the NFC East for years to come.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 24, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why did he not start sooner?

Also, thread title still true

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Has Philly at Dallas next week always been a primetime game?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

Why did he not start sooner?

Bennie Logan is hurt. Honey Beau Beau is their #3 DT.

But Bennie Logan is a FA next year and may be difficult for the Eagles to sign, so this may be a glimpse of the future.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yes

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yes and I'm nervous as gently caress for it. This has "heart breaking loss" written all over it. For both teams.

Maybe we'll tie :laffo:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

NotWearingPants posted:

Bennie Logan is hurt. Honey Beau Beau is their #3 DT.

But Bennie Logan is a FA next year and may be difficult for the Eagles to sign, so this may be a glimpse of the future.

I've been all about Beau Allen since he was a rookie. I don't know if he'll ever be a world-beater, but he's been good, especially considering he was a 7th round pick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

axeil posted:

Yes and I'm nervous as gently caress for it. This has "heart breaking loss" written all over it. For both teams.

god forbid. A tie would make the Dak/Wentz media circle jerk even worse.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

imagine if the primetime game right now was an NFC East matchup instead of this shitfest

imagine how much fun we, and by extension the rest of the world, would be having

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Iodised QQ posted:

imagine if the primetime game right now was an NFC East matchup instead of this shitfest

imagine how much fun we, and by extension the rest of the world, would be having

Yeah man, and yet people bitch

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Man, I am really worried about Trent Williams injury. We have the depth to play a game or 2 without him, but his knee looked bad. Hell it was clearly bothering him most of the game before he went down, never seen him give up so many pressures

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

axeil posted:

I don't think it'll be all that heartbreaking if we lose. they have a much better O-line than the Vikings so we won't be able to get nearly the same pressure, and Zeke could easily pop off for another 130 yard day. our D plays noticeably worse on the road, too. if Carson can't put together a solid day with no turnovers and a bunch of long drives, I don't think it'll even be close

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If the Cowboys convincingly win the next two games (vs Eagles, at Vikings) can we consider them the best team in the NFC?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

blue squares posted:

If the Cowboys convincingly win the next two games (vs Eagles, at Vikings) can we consider them the best team in the NFC?

yes

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ooops I had a brainfart and forgot my own team's schedule

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

blue squares posted:

ooops I had a brainfart and forgot my own team's schedule

Do you mean I just agreed to a hypothetical scenario where the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC and it wasn't even right?

Noooooooo :negative:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

We've replaced Matt Jones with a burlap sack full of flour. Let's see if anyone notices.

But really, get better Norman and Williams.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

axeil posted:

As long as we don't get totally manhandled I'll feel okay about it.

I think.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

axeil posted:

Do you mean I just agreed to a hypothetical scenario where the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC and it wasn't even right?

Noooooooo :negative:

Yes - Dallas/Minnesota doesn't play until the week after Thanksgiving.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

pro starcraft loser posted:

We've replaced Matt Jones with a burlap sack full of flour. Let's see if anyone notices.

But really, get better Norman and Williams.

No structural damage in Trent Williams knee! Whew!

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
After further reflection, I think I'm ready to see Matt Jones take a nice long ride on the bench. He looks good but he also averages a fumble every 31 carries, which is just unacceptable. Kelly looks just as capable of a runner and so far has displayed much more ball security. Jones fumbles yesterday were just plain bad. And he just keeps doing it. I was willing to write it off as a rookie problem last year, but it's costing us games and he doesn't seem to be improving. Some guys just can't help fumbling constantly, seems like he could be one of those guys.

I also don't know how JAG Ryan Grant maintains a roster spot. He's an ok blocker and is apparently a great route runner in practice, but every time the real bullets fly, he has a huge screwup. Dropped easy 3rd down last week, led a defender into Vernon Davis by running the wrong route yesterday which nearly caused a pick, slipping in overtime in Atlanta last year which caused the walk off pick 6....I'm done with him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

I think the Cowboys are certainly up there. If I were ranking the NFC right now, I would put it something like this:

1) Cowboys
2) Falcons
3) Vikings
4) Seahawks
5) Packers
6) Eagles

I think the Falcons are easy to sleep on because of their record, but the three games that they have lost were all really close and Seattle was actually going to lose but the noncalled dpi saved them.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you have the Packers over the Cards? the Packers are only like +15 in points vs the Cardinals' +50. the Cards have played a tougher schedule and have largely stomped on bad teams while the Packers' only convincing win was against a Hoyer-led Chicago at home.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/790611092653223937

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

you have the Packers over the Cards? the Packers are only like +15 in points vs the Cardinals' +50. the Cards have played a tougher schedule and have largely stomped on bad teams while the Packers' only convincing win was against a Hoyer-led Chicago at home.

Admittedly I havent watched much Cardinals football, but arent they bad?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Admittedly I havent watched much Cardinals football, but arent they bad?

They've been up and down. The defense looked pretty good last night, but I'm willing to bet the whole team is more exhausted than normal after that overtime. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks and Cardinals both lose this week.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 24, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
drat man don't make the black bar so tiny that dudes got a family

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Amy Pole Her posted:

drat man don't make the black bar so tiny that dudes got a family

like he could father or satisfy anyone with a tallilicker that small

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004