Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The nfl is insanely chaotic who even knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tom Sellout posted:

To put it simply, everything has to go right on the offensive line for Dallas to be competitive this season. Connor Williams is gonna be good, yall, but how quickly will he adjust? Can La'el Collins improve? Zeke is going to drag this offense on either the most fascinating 10 play drives or repeated 3 and outs.

NFCE clownball doesn't feel the same without Romo shootouts.

Zeke is gonna get stuffed at the line on first and second more often than not and the cowboys are going to rely on dak for a lot of third and longs. They're in a lot of trouble.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

I don't think it's likely but that's probably the scenario. Interested to see what Jimmy says when he writes the Eagles article.

I agree. Off the top of my head I think he will go with:

- defensive line losses (will Jernigan play?)
- age of the safeties/lack of depth
- young/unproven CBs
- RB injuries/depth (Ajayi's knees and Sproles' age)
- close games and/or Peterson gambles that could go the other way
- QB Controversy?

but yeah, coming up with 10 will be tough

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pederson

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I love my murderer cornerback

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Honestly gently caress you if you don't believe truly in your heart that Eli Manning is the best of all time.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Eli would be a decent backup for the Eagles if Foles is traded.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I don't think he's a good fit for the Eagles at all.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Giants: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-giants-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2018/
Redskins: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-redskins-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2018/

And there's a bonus this year!

Vikings: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-vikings-will-be-dumpster-fire-season/

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:vince:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

FuriousxGeorge posted:

maybe five or six years ago I wouldn't mind him as a backup? today I'd rather they go after someone like AJ McCarron

god, I hope Eli plays until he's 50

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

rujasu posted:

I don't think he's a good fit for the Eagles at all.

Jay Cutler

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Why the Eagles will suck this year:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-eagles-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2018/

I don't think they'll suck but Jimmy's points of weakness are pretty accurate.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I do think they will regress pretty badly this year but Wentz having to stand in the pocket and make good decisions for a month or two should be good for his overall development. that said with the state of the NFCE I still think they can take it at 9-7 and make some noise in the playoffs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think the coaching changes is the more important factor. A big test for Pederson and the chance (chance!) to get exposed without some key staff

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Doug Pederson already got his first win of the season.

The Philadelphia Eagles will be wearing their green home jerseys when they visit the Superdome in November -- thanks to a golf wager between coach Doug Pederson and New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton.

:lol:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Both of those things own.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
supplemental draft:

quote:

The New York Giants used a third-round pick on Western Michigan defensive back Sam Beal while Washington used a sixth-round pick on Adonis Alexander.

Beal seemed to be considered the best player in the supplemental draft, and Alexander was considered at least worth selecting so it looks like the Giants and the Redskins probably both did ok here.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Man the supplemental draft has been a real non factor the past few years. I feel like the last player of any substance to come out of it was Josh Gordon

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Play posted:

Man the supplemental draft has been a real non factor the past few years. I feel like the last player of any substance to come out of it was Josh Gordon

It's been poo poo since 2012, when Gordon was taken but Beal would have been a legit 2nd/3rd rounder in this year's regular draft, it's a good get for the Giants.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1019597671118471168

article link:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1019598981561798657

Play
Apr 25, 2006

HORNY DOGS RUN FASTER

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

* 22 years

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBLKZd9Q3lY

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Boy am I already sick of hearing QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Which team in the NFC East has a quarterback controversy? The Eagles with Foles/Wentz is NOT a controversy in any real sense of the word. Washington's set on Smith, Cowboys on Prescott and Giants on Eli.

The best QB controversy in the league by far is with the Jets. It's got everything: aging journeyman coming off the best season of his career, beloved young player returning from injury, and of course an exciting young rookie taken at the top of the draft.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Honestly it’s my fault for listening to Philly sports radio. I’m still betting on Foles starting the season and he had better do well because fan pressure to put Carson in regardless of health is going to be immediate and obnoxious.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Honestly it’s my fault for listening to Philly sports radio. I’m still betting on Foles starting the season and he had better do well because fan pressure to put Carson in regardless of health is going to be immediate and obnoxious.

Well that's their job I guess, to manufacture a "controversy" from nowhere. I mean either Wentz is healthy enough to start on week 1 or he isn't . . . seems pretty simple right? Not to some people apparently

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Assuming Foles coming out and playing at a best possible scenario level, there would almost certainly be a QB controversy. If Foles is 6-0 and putting up 2013 numbers you think nobody would even consider keeping Wentz on the bench?

The organization would just play it as giving Wentz more time to recover though.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
You want a QB controversy?

Nate Sudfeld is the 4th best QB in the NFC East.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1022797819923640321

more like the Dallas Bitch Boys

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Assuming Foles coming out and playing at a best possible scenario level, there would almost certainly be a QB controversy. If Foles is 6-0 and putting up 2013 numbers you think nobody would even consider keeping Wentz on the bench?

The organization would just play it as giving Wentz more time to recover though.

That's pretty drat unlikely, his games last year were super up and down and there was a lot of luck involved to squeak through. I think everyone, including Nick Foles, understands that Wentz is the guy and if he's healthy he will play. IF he does somehow manage to win a bunch of games they might ride him for a couple more but in the end Wentz is the quarterback and that is as it should be.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think there's still a better than even chance that Foles won't be on the roster week 1.

and then Nate Sudfeld will be the 3rd best QB in the NFC East.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

You really have to remember the average person calling into sport radio is..pretty loving stupid and should be ignored.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NotWearingPants posted:

more like the Dallas Bitch Boys

gently caress
DALLAS

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

LethalGeek posted:

You really have to remember the average person calling into sport radio is..pretty loving stupid and should be ignored.

If you really need to listen to sports talk, like you're stuck in the car or something and you hate music, download a podcast. You'll get much better commentary with no commercials. Birds with Friends is a decent one (though I prefer Sheil Kapadia to Bo Wulf). The Crossing Broadcast can be decent, and at the very least is better than sports radio. Even if you drive an old piece of poo poo you can still get a bluetooth FM transmitter to plug into your lighter jack for like $10-$15 to cast your phone to your car radio.

I'd give more Eagles podcast examples but I prefer Sixers podcasts. (The Sixers Beat is the best in that category)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I like Move the Sticks, Around the NFL, Pick Six, Locked on NFL and the MMQB Ten Things podcast (DO NOT listen to the Albert Breer one) from ESPN. Good listening while I'm at work, some of its garbage but occasionally there's some real intelligent football discussion.

I try to stay away from anything that's fan-driven and focused on only one team since it's usually bad

• Locked thread