Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

They 2013 and 2014 Redskins seasons were just brutal to watch from an entertainment standpoint so I'm just happy they have a team that can make most games competitive and can move the ball, even if sometimes it results in hilarious interceptions. There was nothing less fun than watching 2013-14 RG3 throw for 150 yards a game and like ten 3-and-outs per game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Late to Cousins-chat but he is a good QB and I hope the Redskins sign him (assuming he doesn't fall apart). His red-zone turnovers early in the season were annoying and he needs to work on his deep ball, but he can move the offense and he seems to make decent enough decisions. He has had a pretty ineffective running game for most of last year and this year and despite that he has still put up pretty decent numbers.

NattyBo posted:

I really see him as well above average but I think the national perception is different. I'm not ready to go back into the wilderness of putrid QBs. Cousins gives us a chance to win most of the games we play in, which is good enough.

I mean he's 6th in passing yards, 10th in passing TDs, can run when he needs to, 14th in completion % and 6th in completions of 20+ yards. The reality is you can't match that production with some free agent JAG, unless there's a can't miss rookie in the draft, which we won't be high enough to get anyway.

I don't know where I'd rank Cousins in terms of QBs in the league, probably somewhere around 12th? I think he's certainly above average which is a big deal, given that like you said there is a big dropoff in play between Cousins and the bottom half of QBs in the league that are pretty much dumpster fires. I'm not well versed in football contracts and the salary cap, but if he keeps up this play it seems like you might just have to pay the guy because having an effective offense is kind of important, and you can't just grab a guy off the street or in the middle to late first round of the draft and expect quality play at the position.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

:lol: at NASCAR beating out two in-market hockey teams in loving Los Angeles.

edit: I guess the hockey game was probably on cable.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/801188827096289280

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/801144774724059137

Kirk Cousins is a goon.

edit: Is also NFC offensive player of the month for November.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 1, 2016

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Is it time for the Giants to bullshit their way to another Super Bowl? Sure seems like it.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Imagine Trent Richardson running behind Dallas's line.

He'd still have like 1.5 YPC

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I'm not as diehard of a Redskins fan as I used to be so that's good.

On the other hand I am a huge Capitals fan so that's bad.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I don't really pay much attention to football any more so I just want to know what the hell is going on with Washington? Apparently McCloughan isn't even with the team now and they are going to lose Garçon and Jackson and maybe trade Cousins to SF? Is any of this true or likely true?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Yudo posted:

They suck on Mondays vs. everyone. I think they are 1-16 in the Snyder era.

They are 1-16 AT HOME on MNF during the Snyder era. They are 4-3 on the road.

Not that they should be favored or anything against the Chiefs, but Washington doesn't have any unique incompetency on the road.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 27, 2017

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I don't think the players really give a poo poo about their name and they don't really seem to hate Snyder. Maybe some of the players hate Bruce Allen?

Honestly it's disturbing how tight of a ship Jay Gruden is running right now. This is about as competent and stable I have seen the team in like 10 years.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

From the last page:

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles are a good team and while I still want to be cautious about expectations for this season, they are getting Johnson and Smallwood back, they will be coming off a mini-bye, they already beat the Redskins in Washington and the Redskins are infamously horrible on Monday Nights. There's absolutely no reason the Eagles shouldn't win this game. So I guess that means it's a trap game.

I posted this earlier, but they are 1-16 at home (holy poo poo that is bad), but they are a respectable 4-4 on the road during the Snyder era on Monday nights. So they should at least be competent against the Eagles like they were against the Chiefs a few weeks ago.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

The Skins beat them...kinda all you need to know.

Eh to be fair the Skins also beat the Rams on the road and almost beat the Chiefs on the road.

They're far from an embarrassment like they used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a perfect example of how petty this front office is. It's no different from how they kicked out McCloughan with a smear job, failed to tell Fuller he was being traded, or any number of other examples. Meanwhile Kirk has remained a consummate professional, saying all the right things in public while watching Snyder and Allen trip over themselves with every turn of events. It's a clownshoes clusterfuck of an organization.

Yeah Kirk played it perfectly and now gets to choose his team while becoming the highest paid player in history. Good for him, I'm genuinely happy he got out of this hellhole.

• Locked thread